Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

its me i'm ian, owned u all, prankapple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i think its tef.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

are you still in irvine, ian? we should do a lunch meeting one of these days.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
lol if you think

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
honk now pay later

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
keep honking, i'm reloading

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
We are all Ian, don't you see?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

WorkingPeer posted:

how the hell is he planning to live on £10,000 for a whole year??

That's well over US minimum wage (in california), especially when you factor in taxes.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

polpotpi posted:

live in centralia. the internet is terrible here.

the great thing about the internet is that it's terrible everywhere

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Trig Discipline posted:

the great thing about the internet is that it's terrible everywhere
not true. it's terrible all right but you can't access it everywhere.

most places though so whatever i guess that you're mostly right.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sweevo posted:

still think its losethos guy after he remembered to take his meds

ian post the parrot

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

are you still in irvine, ian? we should do a lunch meeting one of these days.

I'm serious, by the way. I'd like to discuss how you intend to scale your ideas beyond the entrepreneurial stage.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
ian your python isn't indented are you sure you're a real programmer?????

duTrieux. posted:

I'm serious, by the way. I'd like to discuss how you intend to scale your ideas beyond the entrepreneurial stage.

i can recommend a nice pho restaurant appropriate for a business meeting

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Isn't it wierd you never see Kirk and Ian in the same room?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

polpotpi posted:

Isn't it wierd you never see Kirk and Ian in the same room?

Oh poo poo.

That means I'm Hitler. :tinfoil:

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
:psyduck: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/951823934/jackpod-truly-universal-smartphone-tripod-mount

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
they should call it a headphone jack reamer because that's exactly what it will do

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
haha
thats brilliantly stupid

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

wanna meet that catte

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

quote:

Will this damage my phone?

No. The JackPod! uses a strong, durable plastic that simply rests inside your phone's headphone jack. It is very similar to the headphone jack "charms" used my millions of people worldwide (though we aren't really sure why they are so popular).
yeah I can't see any key differences between those two types of things whatsoever

edit: lol

quote:

Will my phone fall off?

Not easily. We made the plugs ever-so-slightly larger than a typical headphone connector so it fits very securely. You can easily hang the phone from the JackPod! and shake it around (watch our video) without worry of the phone coming loose. It is still easy to remove with a pull, however.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
beep boop you have...a nonfunctional component to your telephone? beep boop this does not compute.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Ahhahahaa

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

load-bearing solder

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

what could go wrong

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
im the Very Serious Backer posting comments about how this is Perfect For My Needs

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

three people have tossed in $10,000 in the Torment kickstarter

i really wonder what kind of people they are

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

three people have tossed in $10,000 in the Torment kickstarter

i really wonder what kind of people they are

people who dont realize that this game has nothing to do with the previous game, isn't being made by any of the same people, and doesn't even take place in the same setting. it just has the word "torment" in the title.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

that is not really a sufficient explanation, i really wouldn't have expected them to sell three copies of the original if the sticker price was $10,000.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
according to the shitfarter page they have 3 writers involved in some kind of way who were also involved in some way with planescape (1 of them even vaguely connected with planescape: torment itself!)

plus 1 music guy, 1 scripter, 1 artist and 1 bourgie executive meddler

lol

e: also 2 endorsements from people who actually were involved with planescape: torment!!

jony ive aces fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 6, 2013

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
who's the 'idea guy'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

that is not really a sufficient explanation, i really wouldn't have expected them to sell three copies of the original if the sticker price was $10,000.

well one of them is probs notch so the other two are probably other nerds that are stupidly rich for no reason like robert bowling

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

graph posted:

who's the 'idea guy'

theres an idea guy inside all of us

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So the sorta-sequel to Planescape Torment kickstarter is gonna likely hit its $900,000 goal in like 6-7 hours of being opened

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

video games

looks like the nerd gravy train hasn't stopped yet, but we're kinda running out of old things that were probably best left dead to revive

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Fabricated posted:

So the sorta-sequel to Planescape Torment kickstarter is gonna likely hit its $900,000 goal in like 6-7 hours of being opened

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

video games

looks like the nerd gravy train hasn't stopped yet, but we're kinda running out of old things that were probably best left dead to revive

im super excited for the following nerd disappointment train because im a bad person

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Kickstarter Shadowrun game is gonna own own own

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
if chris avellone isn't writing the new pst game then idgaf because it's just going to be "generic d&d game #4892" otherwise

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

RZApublican posted:

Kickstarter Shadowrun game is gonna own own own
One of the only kickstarter things I've given money to since they actually had something resembling a concrete vision and plan for the game, and they had successfully released an okay smallish game before that.

Then they scared me afterwards by supporting the MMO, which will absolutely be terrible

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i can't believe the goons in the ouya thread still think it's funny to call the ouya hilarious names like booya and bingbong in every post

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Al! posted:

i can't believe the goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fabricated posted:

the MMO, which will absolutely be terrible

lol

can't wait to see 14 year olds sperging out about their perfect street sam build on youtube

• Locked thread