Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coathat
May 21, 2007

Kui Tan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
who knew that Tsutomu Nihei is actually the master of slapstick, from Knights of Sidonia

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
The World is Mine

The ending is absolutely insane. Too bad it'll probably never be seen in Englsh.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

FunMerrania posted:

The World is Mine

The ending is absolutely insane. Too bad it'll probably never be seen in Englsh.

That's a giant bigfoot throwing a train? A mammoth trunk-slapping a train? What is going on here?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

toanoradian posted:

That's a giant bigfoot throwing a train? A mammoth trunk-slapping a train? What is going on here?

A giant bear, actually. There are also serial killers and a girl with a speech impediment involved.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Aho Girl is Hiroyuki's new work. It's...a Hiroyuki manga.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

The question on everyone's mind.

Fragments of Love.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Two others from the creator of Voynich Hotel.

Nickelodeon - Short one shots, some of them loosely connected via characters.

Ayame & Amane - Gag series (of two page chapters) about a girl who's lesbians for her friend.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Sket dan, they actually have an episode where they solely try to beat a romhack in a knockoff chinese super famicom:

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
I'm Sakamoto, what of it?

Xali
Feb 6, 2006

That's great, where can I find more? (please tell me there IS more)

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Seeing as how the first chapter's scanlation was only released today, you may be waiting a little while. And then waiting a whole lot more after that -- the first volume is out, but it's running in that most dreaded of periodicals, the bi-monthly magazine.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
And the first chapter was done by someone who's actually busy with other stuff. He just wanted to get the word out about the manga so that someone else would hopefully pick it up.

(It's a great manga by the way)

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The Voynich Hotel

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Shokugeki no Soma

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Shokugeki no Soma

For some reason, in that manga only women have naked food-induced orgasms. Also, there are naked food-induced orgasms, which really says it all.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Serious Frolicking posted:

only women have naked food-induced orgasms

Tosh is an equal opportunity mangaka. :colbert:

Besides, naked food orgasms are a staple of the cooking manga genre. Shouta no Sushi and Chuuka Ichiban did 'em too.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

For some reason, in that manga only women have naked food-induced orgasms. Also, there are naked food-induced orgasms, which really says it all.

Wrong. theres love to both sexes on that front.

:colbert:

e;b

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 7, 2013

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

nerdz posted:

Sket dan, they actually have an episode where they solely try to beat a romhack in a knockoff chinese super famicom:

Is Sket dan the title?

You posted a link to the manga you were talking about. Since no one else did I cant tell if you're brilliant, in for a :filez: punishment or both. I appreciate it either way.

AnonSpore posted:

Tosh is an equal opportunity mangaka. :colbert:
Besides, naked food orgasms are a staple of the cooking manga genre. Shouta no Sushi and Chuuka Ichiban did 'em too.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Wrong. theres love to both sexes on that front.
:colbert:
e;b

While your knowledge of male foodgasms borders on impressive I would appreciate it if you don't show me any more.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

You posted a link to the manga you were talking about. Since no one else did I cant tell if you're brilliant, in for a :filez: punishment or both. I appreciate it either way.

Links to unlicensed manga, as well as unreleased chapters of licensed manga, are kosher under ADTRW rules. Everyone else is just kinda lazy.

e: Also, Sengoku Youko has been kinda awesome lately:

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 10, 2013

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Is Sket dan the title?

Oops, it's actually Sket Dance.

Phalse
Aug 15, 2010
Blaster Knuckle

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Er. a guy beating up a woman makes me want to read it? And from the title, I guess that's even supposed to be the protagonist?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

From what little I remember of reading the manga years ago,she's probably an evil flesh-eating demon abomination thing. Blaster Knuckle is sort of like early Berserk set in the old American south and it tries to touch on race themes and such except it's terrible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Gotta admit, the KKK being flesh-eating monsters is pretty funny.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That dude is way too into beating up a corpse.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

RatHat posted:

Er. a guy beating up a woman makes me want to read it? And from the title, I guess that's even supposed to be the protagonist?

He posted the worst panel by accident.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Terra Formars

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

There are better Blaster Knuckle panels to post out there, really. I loved the Manga because it's a perfect mix of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (KKK as vampires who want slavery for feeding reasons) and Django Unleashed (Black hero kills slaveowners/klansmen) YEARS before those movies were even conceived.

Here, have a bunch of Draculas having their poo poo punched.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
The scene with him beating up the woman is just a few pages into the first chapter, and it's meant to be sort of a fakeout, because we haven't even seen the demons and we don't know why he's attacking her.

I really like the idea of the comic, but it just has no surprises. It's really generic. The only interesting image I've found in it so far is this:

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
GetBackers

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I'm pretty sure Blaster Knuckle was done by a former Berserk assistant. The art style is eerily similar to the first 3 or 4 volumes of Berserk.

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?

Popehoist posted:

Terra Formars

This is what happens when you mix a unhealthy obsession with insects and a crippling phobia of the black man.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Dainana Joshikai Houkou

Ryuushika Ryuushika

Muromi by the Seashore

Hakaijuu (sorry for the white bar it was a two page spread I put together as best I could)

Joshlemagne fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 17, 2013

Nat
Apr 3, 2012

Veritas

Ah, Gangryong. The ultimate :smuggo: fighter.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
In a perfect world The Breaker would have been sacrificed so that Veritas may have lived. Alas, the better of the two died and we're stuck with Fighting Cocktease; New Waves.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

Joshlemagne posted:

Dainana Joshikai Houkou

This owns, thanks.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Violence Hero Riki-Oh

Main character has a Star of David on his right hand. No points as to what's on his evil twin brother's.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Riki-Oh owns, and i went bonkers when i found out they actually downplayed some of the ludicrous violence on the live action movie. Look at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AIKI :v:

• Locked thread