Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

You realize, of course, that you will soon find yourself announcing your Gunnerkrigg-goon-ness to the world thanks to the avatar fairy... :getin:

There have been update days where this thread comes so close to having a full page of GKC-only avatars that I've been afraid to post and ruin the streak. I was about to suggest Gunnergoon as a descriptive but The Firing Range probably already nabbed that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Goonkrigg Court could work

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Gunnerkrigg Goon?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Goonerkrigg Court is the obvious answer.

Watch the Forest start a loving war.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

heenato posted:

I'm thinking that the letter didn't actually have the recipient on it, so they just went with annie. Something like "Hey, Annie. There's mail addressed to your room here. doesn't say who. Can you come pick it up?"

So theoretically, it could be for Renard.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Heh, I just noticed that the love heart is squared-off in style too.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Patchwork Shaman posted:

So theoretically, it could be for Renard.
Could just be Coyote messing with all three of them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Arkady Fireovitch posted:

Oh my bismuth, I got one too. Thank you avatar fairy.

That's fairly insane... or should I say fairy insane?'

No, wait, that was dumb, ignore it.

EDIT: Oh woah I barely recognize myself, thank you avatar fairy.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 7, 2013

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
My money's on Mort, if only because he was the last to receive a card with a heart on it. It only took a year for him to reciprocate.

Or it's from Anthony because we have to end the book on a cliffhanger.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Maybe Bobby wrote it. I wanna see that fucker try his hand at writing a love letter.

Your eyes glimmer like the eyes of a pigeon. Your hair is as soft and lustrous as the wing feathers of a pigeon, and as red as the body of a pigeon that has been mauled by a feral cat, lying in an ever-spreading puddle of its own vital fluids. Your radiant smile is very much unlike a pigeon's, as pigeons, like robots, do not smile.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Oh no!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Suaimhneas posted:

Clearly the letter is from Kat's old boyfriend. It's hard to write without hands, but with a computer he can at least use the hunt-and-peck method.

That dude is never coming back, we were specifically told she would never hear from him again.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

The letter is obviously from Cityface. He couldn't hold pen and paper so he had to dance on a keyboard and print it.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

a pipe smoking dog posted:

That dude is never coming back, we were specifically told she would never hear from him again.

It's from him, but it's completely incomprehensible, since he could only write it by banging his beak on a keyboard.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The key word was "hear". :downsrim:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Well, "and she never saw him again".

As he flew off with his parents.

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 7, 2013

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Okay, so if the argument is being made that it's not for Annie due to the ambiguity of the mail announcement and it being Annie's room, then that sorta implies that it's not common knowledge that Kat is living there yet, at least not known by Lindsey (or whoever notified Annie over the speaker). So who knows that Kat is there? The robots might, but we don't know if that came up in conversation with them (or I'm forgetting). Also given the nature of the letter it seems likely that it's from a robot (so definitely not Jones), which makes it seem more likely that it's for the Angel, or it's just for Annie and from this guy.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Calling it now, the love letter is for Robot, and by another robot.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes
I don't think you can make the argument the letter is actually for Kat (or anyone else)-- if it had someone else's name on it, Annie wouldn't be opening it.

It's probably from Red or something. "HA HA FOOLED YOUR DUMB BUTT WHO WOULD EVER LOVE YOU"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Keep this handy guide in mind at all times.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Maybe it's from Shadow. He loves everybody, and doesn't hate anyone.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I support the theory that Kat knew about this, or set someone up to send that letter. Just look at her face in panel 3.

SHE KNOWS.
SHE PLOTS.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Ursine Asylum posted:

I don't think you can make the argument the letter is actually for Kat (or anyone else)-- if it had someone else's name on it, Annie wouldn't be opening it.

Of course, it might not have a name on it at all, So Annie would have to open it to even see who it's for.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

It's from Jack and he wants her to take it to Zimmy.

Sieje
Jun 29, 2004

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes.
It could be from one if the fairies in that class she audited, in which case she'll never know, since they don't have names to sign the letter with yet.

She will always have it be a mystery and her admirer will feel spurned by her!

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
It's from Ysengrim trying to make amends for trying to chew Annie's face off :)

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The letter should just be a handwritten rendition of that Chibisoma post.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Brightman posted:

Okay, so if the argument is being made that it's not for Annie due to the ambiguity of the mail announcement and it being Annie's room, then that sorta implies that it's not common knowledge that Kat is living there yet, at least not known by Lindsey (or whoever notified Annie over the speaker). So who knows that Kat is there? The robots might, but we don't know if that came up in conversation with them (or I'm forgetting). Also given the nature of the letter it seems likely that it's from a robot (so definitely not Jones), which makes it seem more likely that it's for the Angel, or it's just for Annie and from this guy.

Lindsay knows.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
I find it interesting how everyone overanalyzes and double-guesses stuff with this webcomic. More often than not, things end up being pretty much as they appear, without all these crazy hidden meanings or something else.

(The letter is from Paz, because she is actually a lesbian and in love with Annie now that she's not going out with that one guy she really doesn't like :ssh: )

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

xcheopis posted:

Well, "and she never saw him again".

As he flew off with his parents.

Ah, but you see the key word is "saw", so what if that means that actually,

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Guess who got a sweet package in the mail today!

I finally got around to buying the third volume and, to be amusingly relevant, there's an extra picture in the back of the book featuring Boxbot on fire while holding a letter. :v:

Also the Reynardine plush is super cute so go buy one right now.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

I finally got around to buying the third volume and, to be amusingly relevant, there's an extra picture in the back of the book featuring Boxbot on fire while holding a letter. :v:

Welp, that settles it. It's from boxbot.

Rasselas
Oct 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT FUCKIN' TRANNIES HARASSING GLORIOUS UNIMPEACHABLE WEBCOMIC ARTIST TOM SIDDELL WITH THEIR FALSE CLAIMS TO VICTIMHOOD, THE CODDLED FUCKS! STIFF UPPER LIP! I'M A TREMENDOUS JACKASS WHO CAN'T FATHOM ANYTHING OUTSIDE MY BUBBLE! TUMBLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
It's from that fish guy from the fairy chapter. He was trying so hard to impress Annie!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Welp. Pretty sure a robot wrote it now.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I'm hoping that letter is full of nothing but robot poetry.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Oh man please tell me it's from the court robots. :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Meowjesty posted:

I'm hoping that letter is full of nothing but robot poetry.

0000001 00001111 10101011

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
I don't think it will be from the robots, they see Kat as an angel, a divine being, which is something to be revered not desired.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

But boxbot missed that revelation! He isn't aware!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasselas
Oct 26, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT FUCKIN' TRANNIES HARASSING GLORIOUS UNIMPEACHABLE WEBCOMIC ARTIST TOM SIDDELL WITH THEIR FALSE CLAIMS TO VICTIMHOOD, THE CODDLED FUCKS! STIFF UPPER LIP! I'M A TREMENDOUS JACKASS WHO CAN'T FATHOM ANYTHING OUTSIDE MY BUBBLE! TUMBLRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Mmmm, probably from Paz.