Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Blimpkin posted:

Just hold down backspace? That's been a standard iOS feature.

That's it's a little slower than a hot key tap if I want to erase just the previous word or two I typed out. Just kind of a small convenience I thought would be handy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Gridlock for iOS 6 is supposed to be available to download in a few hours.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Is there a tweak that let's me hold down the shift button and hit backspace to delete whole words, like on Windows/OSX?

Hold finger down on word, click select, click backspace. I'd rather just hold down backspace.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Touchswipe is good for this. Hold shift, swipe the keyboard, hit backspace. Obviously not the best solution but better than what Apple gave us.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
I feel like this has been happening since upgrading to 6.x but I'm wondering if its more of a jailbreaking thing,

After playing music through the headphone jack, I come back resume playing music several hours later only to start playing the first song in the playlist again

It's really frustrating having to start a new shuffle everytime I get into my car. Anyone else experiencing this?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

batterydoctorpro works with auxo, so chill. all the shortcuts too

this swipe to text thing is innovative but I think its more trouble than just regular typing. plus the spacebar is smaller and that keeps loving me up

Tedronai66
Aug 24, 2006
Better to Reign in Hell...

MickRaider posted:

I feel like this has been happening since upgrading to 6.x but I'm wondering if its more of a jailbreaking thing,

After playing music through the headphone jack, I come back resume playing music several hours later only to start playing the first song in the playlist again

It's really frustrating having to start a new shuffle everytime I get into my car. Anyone else experiencing this?

No, it's been happening since 6.0. It does it even in shuffle mode (goes back a good ten songs or so). It's very loving annoying.

Along those lines: Is there a tweak to make music.app not give a poo poo about play/skip counts when shuffling (more like foobar does its randomness)?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Gridlock 2 is out on Cydia, go go go!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Is freely arranging your icons really that big of a deal let alone worth $5?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Is there a tweak that let's me hold down the shift button and hit backspace to delete whole words, like on Windows/OSX?

Delete Word on the BigBoss repo

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

onoflalks posted:

Delete Word on the BigBoss repo

My man, thank you.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Christoff posted:

Is freely arranging your icons really that big of a deal let alone worth $5?

Well,

* It is the only reason my daughter wants her iPhone jailbroken.
* I already purchased the last version, so this one is just $1.99 for me.

I already grabbed it, and I'm running evasi0n on my daughter's iPhone right now. She felt there was no reason for a jailbreak, before. She just wants Gridlock.

It could have been $10 and I still would have purchased it.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I uninstalled Activator and my Home button problems are gone.

Does anyone know of a SBSettings clone without that dependency? Preferably not NCSettings, but I might be asking too much.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Have you not read the thread at all? Batterydoctorpro

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

~Coxy posted:

I uninstalled Activator and my Home button problems are gone.

Does anyone know of a SBSettings clone without that dependency? Preferably not NCSettings, but I might be asking too much.

I've just been using Auxo. It has all the toggles I need. Just wish there was a DND toggle for it, but this looks like what I'd use if it ever is released.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

I have been getting this since this morning. I've put permissions to read/write/execute but that still hasn't fixed this :(

Tried rebooting the phone as well to no avail.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.
Found this with a search for that error message.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/03/05/cydia-wow-you-exceeded-number-packages-apt-capable/

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Is there an alternative to SbSettings' process killer toggle? All the ones i've found just kill everything in the background.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Mooktastical posted:

Is there an alternative to SbSettings' process killer toggle? All the ones i've found just kill everything in the background.

So you don't want WeeKillBackground?

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Blimpkin posted:

So you don't want WeeKillBackground?

No, I like micromanaging that crap. However, Auxo does it simply enough, I'm just blind.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

MickRaider posted:

Definitely an iOS 6.x issue and it's quite loving annoying because I've taken to listening to podcasts in the car in my drives to work and back. The last thing I've played in music.app for the longest time was a Diplo - Blow Your Head mix that starts out pretty out loud when I already have my sound turned up to listen to just pure voices on podcasts. I would go in my car, hit my bluetooth receiver button twice to connect and then play only to get blasted in the ears.

I just hit home twice and play my podcasts but that doesn't fix the issue with music.app starting at the beginning of a playlist.

On another note, Auxo and BatteryDoctorPro is pretty awesome. I think Auxo has got a bit more stable as well as I was running into no buttons working a couple of times a week.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

averox posted:

On another note, Auxo and BatteryDoctorPro is pretty awesome. I think Auxo has got a bit more stable as well as I was running into no buttons working a couple of times a week.

Yeah Auxo is definitely more stable than at least a month ago. It doesn't crash everytime I try to do something anymore.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Batterydoctorpro is awesome, but it doesn't seem to work with lockinfo, it just leaves a blank space where the toggles should be.

GoodCleanFun
Jan 28, 2004
The dev of the gv extensions finally posted an update:
https://plus.google.com/101000267549201413782/posts/FnPPB1fuSJV

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Anyone living in a city with a grid system should go ahead and grab DirectionBar. A compass in the status bar means I will never walk in the wrong direction out of the subway ever again.

Xithyl
Jul 17, 2004

Watching You Pee
Any other font recommendations for BytaFont?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Xithyl posted:

I use sansation. People like Hattori Hanzo too, but it's too thin for my tastes.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Xithyl posted:

Neutraface Two!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Xithyl posted:

I use 04b03 because I'm an awful person. It's surprisingly usable though!

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Xithyl posted:

Ubuntu. It's smooth and sassy.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
So, I made a little Cydia tweak today as an experiment. It's called In a Minute, and it lets you select minutes in datepickers, which usually only let you choose in intervals.

That may not be so clear. Maybe pictures will help.

Before: After:

Works system-wide, even with Cydia tweaks like Tap to Remind (which is awesome).
Should be up on the BigBoss repo soon.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Blimpkin posted:

Ubuntu. It's smooth and sassy.

I forgot that I use this font on my iPad mini. :3:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I crash into safe mode a lot with irealsms when people send me more than 1 text at a time. Any ideas? Is it the app? A conflicting app?

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

pseudonordic posted:

I forgot that I use this font on my iPad mini. :3:

... and now I do, too! Looks really nice.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
This is my first jailbreak, and subsequent update so forgive me if I'm missing something simple. After I restored from backup, all my jailbreak apps and settings weren't on my phone, but the layout and all the other stuff was.

I sent myself an email of all my packages, is there an easy way to get all of my Cydia apps back on my phone or do I have to dl them individually?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

savesthedayrocks posted:

This is my first jailbreak, and subsequent update so forgive me if I'm missing something simple. After I restored from backup, all my jailbreak apps and settings weren't on my phone, but the layout and all the other stuff was.

I sent myself an email of all my packages, is there an easy way to get all of my Cydia apps back on my phone or do I have to dl them individually?

I don't know what method you used to back up, so I'm assuming you'll have to get the individually. OpenBackup is the method I use to backup Cydia tweaks and it works flawlessly.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Blimpkin posted:

I don't know what method you used to back up, so I'm assuming you'll have to get the individually. OpenBackup is the method I use to backup Cydia tweaks and it works flawlessly.

Gotcha, I just used iTunes which makes since why it didn't transfers over. Thanks for the app suggestion, I'll make sure to get it for next time.

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
HELP!!! I am jailbreaking for the first time and the program hasn't made any progress in a long time and I'm scared its messed up it says injecting stage 2 jailbreak data (step 1/3) and I have NOT touched my device and I turned off itunes and funbox (btw is that a good program to use or is it evil) so I'm just scared right now and haven't done anything yet.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

nene. posted:

HELP!!! I am jailbreaking for the first time and the program hasn't made any progress in a long time and I'm scared its messed up it says injecting stage 2 jailbreak data (step 1/3) and I have NOT touched my device and I turned off itunes and funbox (btw is that a good program to use or is it evil) so I'm just scared right now and haven't done anything yet.

Breathe, you're fine. If it fails, you'll be able to try again. While I've never had experience with the break process hanging, I have had breaks that failed upon the finalization.

If it doesn't work, just try again. How long has it been hanging?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
I left and came back and it's still the same, its been like 30 minute.

edit It's not letting me close the program I hit X and it won't let me if I use task manager and quit it will I break everything?

EDIT 2!! What the heck I restarted it and this time it's only on "Injecting stage 1 jailbreak data..."

nene. fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 9, 2013

• Locked thread