Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Cippalippus posted:

Hahaha
"illusins"

I am very upset, I checked my messages and I DID NOT misspell that word. This is annoying.

I don't have time tonight, but I'm going to make an attempt to do the Zybourne Clock thing sometime tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Requested_Username posted:

- Canabalt - Semi Secret Software - Shown on Kickstarter Video
- Dead Trigger - MADFINGER Games - Shown on Kickstarter Video
- Dillo Hills 2 - FexLabs
- Fatal Theory - 2 Hit Studios
- Freedom Planet - GalaxyTrail
- Hawken - Adhesive Games
- Kitaru - Aoineko Studios
- Madden NFL 12 - EA Tiburon - Shown on Kickstarter Video
- Minecraft - Mojang - Rumored in the Kickstart FAQ (if demand is there for it)
- Racing Live - Storm8 Games - Shown on Kickstarter Video
- Samurai II Vengeance - MADFINGER Games - Shown on Kickstarter Video

That would be a pretty underwhelming list even if a lot of those weren't just wishful thinking.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
EA should port over SimCity to the SIMBA. Two great tastes that taste great together!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

wrong thread completely

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 8, 2013

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Ahahahahah the list of RUMORED to be coming to OUYA is the most delusional thing I've ever seen:
Sweet, I can't wait to play last year's football game on a brand new console!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Ahahahahah the list of RUMORED to be coming to OUYA is the most delusional thing I've ever seen:

So, I don't want to give the impression I'm defending that list as a whole, it's pretty much a joke as seen with Fake Wizard Stairmaster. But that section is pretty much okay. The Madden in question isn't the real one, it's the Android one. The rumor based about the games showing up in a video is a pretty flaky one, but they mention that's their only basis for their inclusion.

All the other ones are, er, "genuine rumors". Like, something said by a dev like "we ordered a dev kit and can't wait to see what it can do", etc.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Could we make the OUYA banner ad on the forums redirect to this thread instead of an Amazon link?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

XboxPants posted:

So, I don't want to give the impression I'm defending that list as a whole, it's pretty much a joke as seen with Fake Wizard Stairmaster. But that section is pretty much okay. The Madden in question isn't the real one, it's the Android one. The rumor based about the games showing up in a video is a pretty flaky one, but they mention that's their only basis for their inclusion.

All the other ones are, er, "genuine rumors". Like, something said by a dev like "we ordered a dev kit and can't wait to see what it can do", etc.

I'm just laughing because "it was in that preview video render in the kickstarter" is the worst basis for any predictions of anything ever.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

XboxPants posted:

Uh, please don't insult Wizard of Fakery: The Stairhouse Adventure. This thread is better than getting the names of things wrong.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I can't wait to play last year's Madden and support indie developers all at once :shepface:

Dec 26, 2012

ohnoitschris posted:

I can't wait to play last year's Madden and support indie developers all at once :shepface:

If there's anything that sticks it to the man, it's a franchise football game by EA adapted for mobile while the getting was good.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
EA was a day-one supporter of the loving N-Gage. But STARANISE? ...nnnnope.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

Uh, please don't insult Wizard of Fakery: The Stairhouse Adventure. This thread is better than getting the names of things wrong.

Hah, I do apologize. I meant no insult, just was too lazy to look up the actual name. I hope Fakery goes swimmingly. :downs:

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
How are you supposed to play games on this thing, aren't most Android games touch based?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

TheIllestVillain posted:

How are you supposed to play games on this thing, aren't most Android games touch based?

There's a touchpad at the top! :eng101:

Basically, you have to port and give it controller support in real people land (the touchpad is such a bad idea). But don't worry! There's like 500 titles already announced.

Including my own Wizard of Fakery: The Stairhouse Adventure.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

theflyingorc posted:

There's a touchpad at the top! :eng101:

Basically, you have to port and give it controller support in real people land (the touchpad is such a bad idea). But don't worry! There's like 500 titles already announced.

Including my own Wizard of Fakery: The Stairhouse Adventure.

What exactly is the appeal of this thing?

Android based tablets and mobiles have been fitted with HDMI interfaces since Honeycomb, what does this thing do that my lovely 2 year old XOOM can't?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

TheIllestVillain posted:

Android based tablets and mobiles have been fitted with HDMI interfaces since Honeycomb, what does this thing do that my lovely 2 year old XOOM can't?

I am positive that I have made this exact post in this thread and still haven't gotten a satisfying answer.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

TheIllestVillain posted:

It's basically a fancy "Android on a stick" device geared specifically towards gaming. So, like, it comes with a controller, has - in Android/ARM terms - high specs, etc. You wanna use your XOOM instead, that's cool, other people like the simplicity of a stable setup.

Some people would rather have a Roku/Boxee/HTPC instead of just using their phone/tablet, too. Same deal as that.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

XboxPants posted:

You wanna use your XOOM instead, that's cool, other people like the simplicity of a stable setup.

PFFFHAHAHAHA

Yes the unproven slapdash hardware with a slapdash fork of cyanogenmod with a custom store and custom launcher will be more simple and stable than the commercial product. Because OUYA.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Red_Mage posted:

PFFFHAHAHAHA

Yes the unproven slapdash hardware with a slapdash fork of cyanogenmod with a custom store and custom launcher will be more simple and stable than the commercial product. Because OUYA.

The product may be flaky, but the setup will be stable. As opposed to fluid, or dynamic. It will be static, always staying the same, rather than changing constantly.

You did not read the word that I used. You are completely wrong and have poor reading comprehension.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

XboxPants posted:

The product may be flaky, but the setup will be stable. As opposed to fluid, or dynamic. It will be static, always staying the same, rather than changing constantly.

You did not read the word that I used. You are completely wrong and have poor reading comprehension.

oh poo poo son

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Man, is it just me, or does the fanart on the GAGA dev website look like it was explicitly made to make fun of it? https://devs.ouya.tv/developers

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pirate Jet posted:

Man, is it just me, or does the fanart on the GAGA dev website look like it was explicitly made to make fun of it? https://devs.ouya.tv/developers
They're punching the BROUHAHA out of their living rooms.

XboxPants posted:

setup will be stable
At this point, this is an assumption, and reports about the controllers aren't giving me much hope. At best, it's like saying "turning on a calculator is stable setup".

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Pirate Jet posted:

Maybe its just Chrome but the way the text looks on this page gives me a headache. It looks like it was printed out with a really low quality printer so a bunch of different letters have thicker parts or weird little lines poking out of them.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

By Hawken being on the OOHYEAH they mean the Hawken live wallpaper that nvidia put out, right?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

By Hawken being on the OOHYEAH they mean the Hawken live wallpaper that nvidia put out, right?

The deal with this is that Hawken's publisher came out in support of OUYA. People associated that publisher with Hawken, since it's the only game they've put out so far. So then you got a bunch of bullshit exploitative headlines like "'Hawken' publisher announces Ouya support as Ouya CEO posts update" (polygon).

The Hawken developer does have a mobile version that NVIDIA showed off running on their SHIELD handheld, but that thing's Tegra 4, not three. Still, that probably further fueled speculation.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I was just looking back at some of the pictures posted from the dev units and this one looked really familiar.

Oh, that's where I've seen it. They've gone and used the CMUpdater. Granted, it's open source, but I somehow doubt the AIBO is going to properly credit the Cyanogenmod team.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I'm frankly saddened that I stumbled upon this thread so late. My girlfriend couldn't quite understand the point of a "playstation* that plays your phone games- didn't you buy a tablet for that?" when she saw me laughing at the goldmined prequel of this.

*every thing that plays videogames on a TV is a playstation to her, it's ok though she has other qualities

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

XboxPants posted:

It's basically a fancy "Android on a stick" device geared specifically towards gaming. So, like, it comes with a controller, has - in Android/ARM terms - high specs, etc. You wanna use your XOOM instead, that's cool, other people like the simplicity of a stable setup.

Some people would rather have a Roku/Boxee/HTPC instead of just using their phone/tablet, too. Same deal as that.

High specs? What? It's already loving obsolete. The controller is a joke. It's also running Android which is inherently unstable and buggy. They're literally running a fan-made version of Android too.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 8, 2013

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

XboxPants posted:

Always staying the same except for when they release a new GARBANZO every year on a continuous update cycle? :v:

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
They're actually using CyanogenMod? Just when I thought this thing couldn't get any stupider. People gave them $8 million. $8 million and they are using CM. Unbelievable.

I thought the PS3 had a lot of system updates but that won't have poo poo on this thing. So stable.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

luncheon meat posted:

They're actually using CyanogenMod? Just when I thought this thing couldn't get any stupider. People gave them $8 million. $8 million and they are using CM. Unbelievable.

I thought the PS3 had a lot of system updates but that won't have poo poo on this thing. So stable.

Someone tell me more about cyanogenmod, I hunger to learn.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

luncheon meat posted:

Uh, what do you expect them to use? To be honest none of them know poo poo one about coding and maintaining a distribution of Android so it's for the best that they're using CyanogenMod.

I'm surprised they didn't decide to use something like http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1193494

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP

XboxPants posted:

How is it static and unchanging when the plan is to release a new RAMMA-LAMMA-DING-DONG model every year? Explain exactly what the difference is between the "product" and the "setup," and don't try to say the "setup" just means the marketplace and the OS or something because those are part of the product.

EDIT: Also, you just criticized someone else's reading comprehension. Pot, kettle. Kettle, Pot.

Dec 26, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

I was just looking back at some of the pictures posted from the dev units and this one looked really familiar.

Oh, that's where I've seen it. They've gone and used the CMUpdater. Granted, it's open source, but I somehow doubt the AIBO is going to properly credit the Cyanogenmod team.

Every new piece of news I hear about the LEON BUDD brightens my day.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

lazer_chicken posted:

How is it static and unchanging when the plan is to release a new RAMMA-LAMMA-DING-DONG model every year? Explain exactly what the difference is between the "product" and the "setup," and don't try to say the "setup" just means the marketplace and the OS or something because those are part of the product.

EDIT: Also, you just criticized someone else's reading comprehension. Pot, kettle. Kettle, Pot.

I'm fairly sure he means "setup" as in how you set it up to your TV. Once it's set up you don't have to mess with it again.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

XboxPants posted:

He was talking about using his XOOM instead of an OUYA. Last I checked most people's tablets aren't exactly changing hardware or software every other night. His Xoom isn't automatically in a state of flux because it is also a tablet and thus not just for games, things can perform more than one function when operated by someone with even the barest modicum of intelligence.

Unless you literally mean "well the things will always be hooked up to a TV in the same place and he won't have to hook/unhook a single HDMI cable and maybe a charger" than it will be exactly as stable a setup, possibly moreso if he is using a controller that doesn't have giant fluctuations in analog stick calibration.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Cippalippus posted:

I'm frankly saddened that I stumbled upon this thread so late. My girlfriend couldn't quite understand the point of a "playstation* that plays your phone games- didn't you buy a tablet for that?" when she saw me laughing at the goldmined prequel of this.

*every thing that plays videogames on a TV is a playstation to her, it's ok though she has other qualities

Kill your dad and complete the story

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Red_Mage posted:

Unless you literally mean "well the things will always be hooked up to a TV in the same place and he won't have to hook/unhook a single HDMI cable and maybe a charger"

If I recall the old thread correctly yes, that's exactly what he means. Litterally.

Before you go "Umph, presposterous!", remember that this is the guy that keeps 30 tabs open in Chrome because it's too :effort: to close them. Because he'd have to remember what sites he's visiting or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Haraksha posted:

I am positive that I have made this exact post in this thread and still haven't gotten a satisfying answer.

Several people have. I'm pretty sure the closest thing to an answer is "It's only 100 bucks!!$#^#Y&"

XboxPants posted:

I don't even know how to reply to this. When is setting something up ever "fluid" or "dynamic" or "changing constantly?"
I mean, I love when Xboxpants spews complete nonsense and than gets all smug and uppity about it, but seriously, what the gently caress does this mean?

TTBF posted:

I'm fairly sure he means "setup" as in how you set it up to your TV. Once it's set up you don't have to mess with it again.

If this is true then his definition of "setup" is even loving stupider than I thought.

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 8, 2013

• Locked thread