Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I know you're joking but I can't even make a dent in the bastards playing solo legitimately :( I don't feel bad even for a second farming these terrible bosses all day. Also 30 seconds was generous :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I just figured out how to jurry rig my laptop as a wireless router. If anybody has an infinity or two they can drop for me I'd be forever thankful. I've got a spare bouncing bonny and that legendary tediore launcher I can give up in exchange. Plus the motorcross marauder head for zero.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Fibby Boy posted:

Holy poo poo I just figured out how to jurry rig my laptop as a wireless router. If anybody has an infinity or two they can drop for me I'd be forever thankful. I've got a spare bouncing bonny and that legendary tediore launcher I can give up in exchange. Plus the motorcross marauder head for zero.

I'm on right now, throw me a message. I've got 3 infinity pistols. GT: Mechwarrior

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Neo Helbeast posted:

I'm on right now, throw me a message. I've got 3 infinity pistols. GT: Mechwarrior

Be there in just a few seconds. GT: Offshoretoast. This connection is hilariously unstable so bear with me on this.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Fibby Boy posted:

I liked it.:colbert:

It's 375 waves of the same thing.

100 waves without being able to save. If you DC from the internet at any point, the DLC data becomes corrupt and you have to start over.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Another 5 Golden Keys for the BAFTA Nominations! Unknown expiration date!

PS3: CTK33-6JCRB-CKCCB-SJ5BJ-FZT6C

XBOX: WBCT3-CX3Z6-JB9JF-W6JTB-3RB9T

By the way, anyone on the PS3 have a lvl 50 Infinity to spare? Can't take farming Doc Mercy anymore :( Done everything legit so far, but this is just wrong. It would be so perfect with my Zer0 build, especially with the 0ne sh0t kill skill!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Mar 6, 2013

mirthalac
Jan 5, 2002
milk is liquid meat
Norville Rogers, I accepted your friend request last night but was also only in BL2 long enough for keys.

Post or message me (here or on XBL) what you're looking for, and I can try to set you up tonight. If the answer is dicking around getting you further, sweet!

The Duke, 10 Beers, and Neo Helbeast, I will be sending XBL requests to you guys tonight. Not for anything in particular, but I think The Duke was looking for somethings.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I should be on throughout the day, probably not so much in the evening though. I was looking for the Critical Heartbreaker and Binary Thunderball Fists :)

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Duke posted:

I should be on throughout the day, probably not so much in the evening though. I was looking for the Critical Heartbreaker and Binary Thunderball Fists :)

I have a crit heartbreaker and a bladed Thunderball fists, which could hold you over until you get the binary.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Hopping on 360 for a while. GT: Flexible Ethics.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
Man, I am getting my rear end kicked as a lvl 18 Siren. Just made it back to Sanctuary for the second time. I've been soloing it thus far, but maybe it's my build that's wrong - is there a suggested build for levelling? I guess it doesn't help that my Flame of the Firehawk is pretty low level in shields. :<

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Flame of the Firehawk might just need to be replaced, don't you get that at like level 10? Obviously the red text ability is useful but sometimes straight up better stats is what's needed. I have found Maya the hardest character to play alone though.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

The Duke posted:

I've got a binary thunderball, I'll be on in a few hours or so. I've also got a huge stash of other legends/mods/relics and stuff, anything else you want?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

TwystNeko posted:

Man, I am getting my rear end kicked as a lvl 18 Siren. Just made it back to Sanctuary for the second time. I've been soloing it thus far, but maybe it's my build that's wrong - is there a suggested build for levelling? I guess it doesn't help that my Flame of the Firehawk is pretty low level in shields. :<

Maya is definitely tricky solo. To get through, I put almost all my points in Cataclysm, focusing solely on DPS. I also had some success playing in public games that were doing story missions to help get a jump on XP, though you have to able to pretty much ignore the other people playing because goddamn if public games are somehow full of the most annoying people ever.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

TwystNeko posted:

I used this skill build when I ran a Siren mostly solo: http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/siren.php?000000000050540104000505005551 I started out going straight down the Cataclysm tree until I got ruin and only then did I go into heals and res to flesh out teamwork power, since I later played with a friend. I picked all skills that maximized damage output independent of elemental effects. People have varying opinions on Backdraft but that nova has given me free Second Winds multiple times and Helios turns Phaselocks into renewable nukes. If you can find a Cunning Binder class mod to decrease your Phaselock cooldown and boost your ranks in Reaper you can erase people in one shot with a sniper rifle or a good shotgun, I had something like 5+6 ranks in Reaper for about an 80% damage boost to healthy enemies. Phaselock badasses with Ruin to slag and DoT and even the biggest Goliaths you'll find won't survive a clip or two of a good Torgue shotgun. Binder class mods with Skill cooldown relics cuts your cooldown time so dramatically you'll have no reason not to Phaselock at absolutely every opportunity.

If you find one, Transfusion grenades can be a lifesaver when you don't have a health regen skill. Maya's is buried pretty deep in the Harmony tree and it was the last four points I spent, so until then I kept Transfusions and threw those around corners whenever I needed a quick health boost.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mazerunner posted:

I've got a binary thunderball, I'll be on in a few hours or so. I've also got a huge stash of other legends/mods/relics and stuff, anything else you want?

Well, if you don't mind duping the binary TBF for me, I'll be on. :allears: Speedboat Jones on XBL.

Speedboat Jones fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 7, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Speedboat Jones posted:

Well, if you don't mind duping the binary TBF for me, I'll be on. :allears: Speedboat Jones on XBL.

Home now, sent you and The Duke friend requests.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Any goon have experience with a Corrode-build for Maya? I'm slowly, but surely collecting corrode gear (Teapot, Slow Hand, etc). But, is it viable at lv.50? I really don't want to use a fire-build. :ohdear:

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I run a hell witch build with a sham and rocket launcher and a bad touch. corrode is the best for me.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Anybody on PS3 need a lvl 50 legendary Soldier or Gunzerker class mod? I need inventory space, so they're not gonna be available too long! I'd love to trade them for a legendary Assassin mod (But you can have them for free) :)

Not gonna hold on to these for long I think :getin:

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 8, 2013

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Started (and nearly finished) the Torgue DLC last night. Hilarious, but also hilariously easy. It was easy enough that I actually wondered if we were playing on TVHM.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

MalleusDei posted:

Started (and nearly finished) the Torgue DLC last night. Hilarious, but also hilariously easy. It was easy enough that I actually wondered if we were playing on TVHM.
Yeah the DLC doesn't really get challenging until Hammerlock. loving witch doctors.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
At the SXSW gearbox showed a teaser of the new vault hunter. HERE is a link to the story on joystiq which includes the teaser they showed. And HERE is a youtube video of the teaser.

From what is seen, it's apparently a cyborg with a focus on Melee. Looking forward to more info and the inevitable twitter hijacking.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rabidredneck posted:

At the SXSW gearbox showed a teaser of the new vault hunter. HERE is a link to the story on joystiq which includes the teaser they showed. And HERE is a youtube video of the teaser.

From what is seen, it's apparently a cyborg with a focus on Melee. Looking forward to more info and the inevitable twitter hijacking.

Pretty cool, definitely going to be nice to add another flavor to the game. Whatever the class is going to be, I'll definitely be leveling it up.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Cleared my cache and have been playing offline to get a pre-patched Bee and Hellquist just doesn't want to drop anything :C

I gave the Evil Smasher glitch a go just to mess around with it, and it's kinda fun to take out teramorphus in about 3 seconds, but I'm going to pop that back in the bank in case I start to rely on it

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

TwystNeko posted:

I finished PT1 entirely solo on a Siren, killed the last boss at level 31. Spec'd entirely in Cataclysm and made sure to have one of each elemental gun equipped so I could quickly Slag, then Electrocute/Corrode, then Incinerate whatever crossed my path. Always carried a high-level Health Regen Relic so I could heal to max when I cleared an area. Happened across a really nice slag+transfusion grenade in the mid-20s that gave a little more healing ability so perhaps the quickest way to get back on track is finding some quality accessories for your Siren.

Quick questions about the Golden Key glitch: the glitch doesn't actually create Keys right, it just allows you to open the Golden Chest without using up a key? And are there any possible downsides to doing it, like glitching your character or losing existing items or anything? Googling just turns up that one youtube video that every site uses as reference. Thanks!

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

TwystNeko posted:

In addition to what everyone else said, consider putting one point in Sweet Release. It will heal you when you kill a phaselocked enemy. With a class mod that adds a couple points, you can heal about 50% health with every phaselock kill.

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I got the conference call on PC when the game originally came out way before I got to the end of the game in my 20s. Now I'm playing on PS3 with friends and the thing never drops. I don't remember which mob dropped it however. Any ideas which non "The Warrior" mobs can also drop this?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Abiggoat posted:

Cleared my cache and have been playing offline to get a pre-patched Bee and Hellquist just doesn't want to drop anything :C

I gave the Evil Smasher glitch a go just to mess around with it, and it's kinda fun to take out teramorphus in about 3 seconds, but I'm going to pop that back in the bank in case I start to rely on it

Even if you get a pre-patched bee, it will be scaled down once you reinstall the patch.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

rock2much posted:

I got the conference call on PC when the game originally came out way before I got to the end of the game in my 20s. Now I'm playing on PS3 with friends and the thing never drops. I don't remember which mob dropped it however. Any ideas which non "The Warrior" mobs can also drop this?

Everything can drop it, it's just The Warrior has a higher chance of dropping it.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

abaddonis posted:

Even if you get a pre-patched bee, it will be scaled down once you reinstall the patch.

Probably a good job I gave up on that, then

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Finally done with BL1. Moxxi and her battledome can burn in hell.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Rabidredneck posted:

I don't know if I can deal with another Brick.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
gently caress the first thresher you have to fight. It's overpowered bullshit, and I can't beat him with my lvl 16 mechromancer. I have shock weapons, it instantly regens its shield, and since I have to get close, I get slaughtered. Doesn't help that Deathtrap wants to run off and attack the bots instead of the boss.

I'm on PS3, anyone want to help? My PSN name is TwystNeko.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Easiest way to kill that thing is to bait it all the way back to the gate where the constructor was and get behind the boxes to the left. It's attacks will not hit you at all so you can just unload until dead. I always had more trouble in the stupid overlook beacon part.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
Thanks, that helped a ton! On to Overlook!

Also: Whoever is burnt-pork, thanks for the help! :D

TwystNeko fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Mar 11, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

TwystNeko posted:

Thanks, that helped a ton! On to Overlook!

Also: Whoever is burnt-pork, thanks for the help! :D

No problem! If you need any mechromancer gear at lv. 50 let me know.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I think it took me around 25 respawns to finally tackle Bloodwing with a solo lvl 42 Mechromancer. Somewhere around $250,000 lost to the Hyperion fast-spawn. I got an orange shield for it.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I had been grinding for a Cobra but, no burners would drop one after farming them for hours with no luck so I decided to look up the drop rate. The Cobra has a 0.0088% chance to spawn when a burner drops a sniper. Then it really hit me how low of drop rate that really is. Lets say Burners have .20% chance to drop A gun(I'm pretty sure it's actually lower than that), then you have a 1 in 7(0.14%) chance of it dropping a sniper rifle and then less than 1% chance of it being a Cobra. That means it has 0.0002464% chance to spawn; That's insane.

E: Top gear maths.

BattleTech fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

There's a way to get a Cobra 100% of the time.

• Locked thread