Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Earth posted:

This may be a repost. If it is I'll find something else to go here.

Oquawka, IL

Also, chill man. I doubt you'll get banned if you post something that happened to be on page 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

"The United World College in Mostar is home to more than 40 different nationalities. Located in a city still deeply divided by the war in people’s mind, it often is a symbol for a new generation of all Balkan ethnicities. This year UWCiM was holding a Cultural Parade to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the UWC movement. We all proudly carried our flags through the streets on the Bosnian and the Croatian side of the city. My Serbian friend was walking hand in hand with his Croatian girlfriend. When an old lady asked her how she could dare to walk next to a Serb, she kissed him. This is when I took the picture. It’s nothing special just a couple expressing their love but for us, here in Mostar, it shows that the new generations are not willing to continue a war of minds."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eANj0IJ4h4

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

edit: didn't see Joementums post

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

You don't seen as many Thomas Jefferson impersonators as you do Benjamin Franklin, but I have to say this is one of the worst I've seen. Look at that loving hair.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

So stock up, motherfuckers!

Battle Rockers
Aug 3, 2008

i wanna witness ur slit

Dusseldorf posted:

I'm always entertained when people get huffy that being a skinhead has been ruined in the US. Sorry your bellamy salute isn't cool anymore.

Whenever I've seen skinheads get "huffy" it's regarding the fact that traditional skinheads didn't follow a racist ideology. In fact skinheads came about because of Jamaican music like ska and reggae. So the "huffiness" comes about because racists appropriated the skinhead image for their own. You seem to imply that skinheads as a whole are racist and that's plain wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhnXAIwUehM

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Looks like Anita Sarkeesian is starting to release her Kickstarter-funded "Tropes vs. Women in Video Games" series. Can't watch it yet because I'm at work but here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6p5AZp7r_Q

Any interest in a discussion thread for her series and the larger issue of women and video games?

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Fandyien posted:

"The United World College in Mostar is home to more than 40 different nationalities. Located in a city still deeply divided by the war in people’s mind, it often is a symbol for a new generation of all Balkan ethnicities. This year UWCiM was holding a Cultural Parade to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the UWC movement. We all proudly carried our flags through the streets on the Bosnian and the Croatian side of the city. My Serbian friend was walking hand in hand with his Croatian girlfriend. When an old lady asked her how she could dare to walk next to a Serb, she kissed him. This is when I took the picture. It’s nothing special just a couple expressing their love but for us, here in Mostar, it shows that the new generations are not willing to continue a war of minds."

http://news.yahoo.com/bosnian-woman-helped-rape-war-crime-083553216.html

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Saint Sputnik posted:

Looks like Anita Sarkeesian is starting to release her Kickstarter-funded "Tropes vs. Women in Video Games" series. Can't watch it yet because I'm at work but here it is

Any interest in a discussion thread for her series and the larger issue of women and video games?

Why comments are closed

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Stickers people are putting on SUVs and trucks in some parts of France. From left to right they say:

"I contribute to your son's asthma"

"I drive a 4x4 and in the city I bugger you"

"I have a tiny cock but a big 4x4"

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Saint Sputnik posted:

Yep, definitely needed $15,000+ to make that.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Saint Sputnik posted:

Any interest in a discussion thread for ... the larger issue of women and video games?

No.

But it is International Women's Day, which I see is sponsored by BP and Scotiabank.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Gozinbulx posted:

Yep, definitely needed $15,000+ to make that.

Don't even start...

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Soviet Commubot posted:

Stickers people are putting on SUVs and trucks in some parts of France. From left to right they say:
Those SUV-owners are lucky they didn't run into les dégonflés, les Flagadas or the Indians of the concrete jungle.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Suffrage :toot:

Switzerland didn't grant women the right to vote in federal elections until 1971, and Liechtenstein in 1984. Something is up with that mountain air.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

No.

But it is International Women's Day, which I see is sponsored by BP and Scotiabank.

What the? Why isn't there a International Mens' Day...
Oh there is.

pinkeye
Feb 13, 2004
I need antibiodics.
John Brennan was sworn in as CIA Director today... on a copy of the Constitution that didn't contain the Bill of Rights.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

pinkeye posted:

John Brennan was sworn in as CIA Director today... on a copy of the Constitution that didn't contain the Bill of Rights.

Don't they usually use bibles? If anything this is step up.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Earth fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 18, 2014

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qfDiULrnjI

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Feel free to post about that in the feminism thread in E/N, or to post a thread here in D&D to discuss other topics w/r/t gender if you'd like.

Here's an unrelated video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJkiMkdvtxs

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Scanned in this great anti-biggotry comic I found in a book the other day.

Done in 1965 by Terry Gilliam, it goes to show the more things change the more they stay the same. JEW NIGRAS!

Try opening it in a new tab if its tough to read.

Debunk This! fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 8, 2013

TheMammoth
Dec 3, 2002

/\/\/\ To me, that's why Gilliam was the perfect director for Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Both he and Hunter Thompson are/were great at making it appear as if they endorsed something, while actually criticizing or critiquing it. Stoned or 'shrooming college kids (myself included at one time) read or watch Fear and Loathing and focus on things like the whole adrenechrome scene and how that means Thompson must've been the most badass drug user ever. Well, he probably was next to Shulgin (see a copy of the former's alleged daily schedule posted earlier in this thread), but adrenochrome was a hyperbolic device he made up for the purpose of his narrative. Technically such a naturally occurring chemical does exist in the body, and has some medical/veterinary uses, but it doesn't do anything like he claims, and it especially doesn't make you think your friend is a giant hairy monster with a tail and tits on his back.

I knew I had seen Sean Duffy somewhere before... then I did a quick search and realized, Real World. According to his Wiki, policy-wise he's at least slightly less of a shitheel than a lot of Republicans these days- he was 1 of 7 House Republicans to vote against stripping federal funding from NPR. He is way anti-abortion though, I guess, and has a brood of kids with another former Real World star. I'm sure a lot of you knew this and much more already, so please correct me if he is in fact, a total shitheel.

Found this picture on Google while searching; I get the whole Wisconsin = plaid hunter's shirts, but they couldn't find a plaid blanket for the baby? Or are they going to hunt the baby?

TheMammoth fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 8, 2013

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Joementum posted:

Feel free to post about that in the feminism thread in E/N, or to post a thread here in D&D to discuss other topics w/r/t gender if you'd like.

There used to be a thread in Games that was about issues like these regarding gaming, but I believe it's dead. Her stuff seems like a pretty reasonable analysis, but I'd like to see some criticism on her videos that isn't "that fat ugly armenian jew feminazi" or "it's all a scam, why does she need that much money", since she supposedly has some factual (research?) errors in a couple of her videos. Is there such a place?

content: Tuesday, 13th of March, is the day of the start of the Conclave. The best day of the year so far for 24-hour news networks, who can just film the chimney and have someone sperg in the background.

KoldPT fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 8, 2013

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Here's Scott Romney. He's considering running for Senate in Michigan.

KoldPT posted:

There used to be a thread in Games that was about issues like these regarding gaming, but I believe it's dead. Her stuff seems like a pretty reasonable analysis, but I'd like to see some criticism on her videos that isn't "that fat ugly armenian jew feminazi" or "it's all a scam, why does she need that much money", since she supposedly has some factual (research?) errors in a couple of her videos. Is there such a place?

Read the post of mine that you quoted. You can post about that topic in the feminism thread in E/N.

eta: In fact, that discussion is already happening there.

Joementum fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 8, 2013

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

This is real. You can watch the news piece here.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Eric Holder posted:

if you do prosecute, if you do bring a criminal charge, it will have a negative impact on the national economy, perhaps even the world economy. And I think that is a function of the fact that some of these institutions have become too large.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Earth posted:

I really wish comments wouldn't be closed on videos like these so people are able to identify the individuals who hold terrible opinions.

Agreed

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Fluo posted:

Seriously they are the so drat insane.

UK verison of Freeman on the land. :suicide:

At least guns are illegal. :sun:

That logo looks awfully similar...

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Earth posted:

In the book An Incomplete education I first learned how other languages don't always translate into english. How you would need entire paragraphs to describe one word. This was with respect to how the ancient Greek language had words for all different kind of relationships. After learning that I was always incredibly frustrated with my first and only language, English, when it comes to describing certain life aspects.

This just like the Eskimo words for snow thing: just because "snow with a blueish tint" is several words in English doesn't mean the concept is alien to English speakers. Phrases and words are born really arbitrarily, and English (or any other language) isn't limited in expressing these concepts. And, like, a bunch of those are compound words and phrases. What if some language doesn't have a word for "rimjob"? What does that mean?

Ask a Portuguese speaker to explain how saudade and yearning are different.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

A musket with a scope and mount would make it a more lethal weapon.

Pistol grip is a little superfluous, I will admit.

Also that Thomas Jefferson video was great since ol Thomas was infamous during his time for the Louisiana Purchase, which wasn't really allowed under the (infallible!) Constitution. Government expansion! :argh:

"In this satirical cartoon, "Intercourse or Impartial Dealings," President Jefferson is depicted as being held up for money by Napoleon and King George. Critics of Jefferson believed that he had paid too much for Louisiana and was prepared to pay too much for the Floridas. This cartoon also satirizes the failure of Jefferson's use of the embargo and restrictions on trade as a curb on French and British depredations of American shipping."

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Ironically, Jefferson was probably the person least likely to accept the Louisiana Purchase. He labored over the decision because he felt it compromised his ideals.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
George W. Bush self portraits, taken from the Bush family's hacked Emails.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Haha, I love that they managed to make the graph before this happened:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crasscrab posted:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ee9_1362242961

LiveLeak video. Don't worry, it's nothing horrible, just a guy in Russia loving with a traffic cop. I want that hamster toy!

This is great :3:

:(

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

ekuNNN posted:

This is great :3:

:(
I wish elephants had psychokinetic abilities that made human beings stay very far away from them.

Also, India is still using rechambered (.308 Win.) Lee-Enfield rifles. Some of the earliest versions were used in the Boer Wars.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

rope kid posted:

I wish elephants had psychokinetic abilities that made human beings stay very far away from them.

Also, India is still using rechambered (.308 Win.) Lee-Enfield rifles. Some of the earliest versions were used in the Boer Wars.

Yeah they made them themselves at Ishapore.

My favourite is the grenade launcher version. The Lee-Enfield design has issues with the wood from the stock disintegrating from the stress, which was exacerbated in the grenade launcher version because it used blanks with a lot of powder.
The Indians would wrap the gently caress out of the stocks with copper wire to keep the wood from basically exploding into a bajillion pieces.

(click to embiggen)

spankmeister fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 9, 2013

• Locked thread