Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Goons are just dumb.

This was a great episode. I felt like this season in general isn't as good as the last one (which wasn't as good as the original or the prequel) but this episode really knocked it out of the park. Liam really nailed Spartacus this episode though he's still a bit behind Andy on the fight choreography. The action scenes were weird, they had a mix of some really great bits with some really bad bits, which might be where all the different opinions are coming from.

It's really enjoyable to watch Spartacus and Crassus scheme and try to out think each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Funso Banjo posted:

I am not sure where you're getting the "Tiberius raped his mom" thing from. Nothing that I have seen has intimated that she is his mom. Did I miss something? The show is pretty good about these things, so they would have made her noticeably older to make it more chronologically possible, she can't be any more than a year or two older than him.

She looks a bit older than a year or two than Tyberius. I think most of the speculation came from Crassus obviously having a relationship with her, as well as Tyberius kind of looking like her.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

The show missed a trick this episode.

The episode opens with blood trickling down and landing on the floor. We've seen lots of blood in this series, and of course everyone was expecting the camera to pan up and show corpses, which it duly did.

It would have been so much more rewarding to the audience if the camera had panned up to show someone with a big grin on their face simply painting the ceiling of Spartacus' villa.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Funso Banjo posted:

The show missed a trick this episode.

The episode opens with blood trickling down and landing on the floor. We've seen lots of blood in this series, and of course everyone was expecting the camera to pan up and show corpses, which it duly did.

It would have been so much more rewarding to the audience if the camera had panned up to show someone with a big grin on their face simply painting the ceiling of Spartacus' villa.

Yeah, I was waiting for the 'soup's ready!' gotcha.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sober posted:

"Piss and poo poo" has pretty much replaced most of the curses I mumble under my breath these days.

I'm sad that they didn't make another Sparta-cuss tie-in game.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Alchenar posted:

Yeah, I was waiting for the 'soup's ready!' gotcha.

After that stupid BSG commercial, my first thought during the scene was "Man that's a lot of soup."

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Spartacus facebook page put up this dumb meme thing for 'meme mondays' featuring Neavia and literally every comment on it is hating her (well there are a few spanish ones I can't read, but I am going to assume they hate her too). Guess she's not a very popular character you guys.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Zotix posted:

I really don't know how everyone is raving about the cinematography and choreography, there were glaring instances of weapons not actually connecting with people this episode and people reacting to it. It was pretty awful honestly.

Don't pay attention to the background extras in movies, then. Braveheart is the funniest since scenes are FULL of people just barely tapping swords at each other in frame.

TV doesn't have nearly the budget per sequence, so Spartacus does far and above with what it's working with, and better than a lot of films.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Darko posted:

Don't pay attention to the background extras in movies, then. Braveheart is the funniest since scenes are FULL of people just barely tapping swords at each other in frame.

TV doesn't have nearly the budget per sequence, so Spartacus does far and above with what it's working with, and better than a lot of films.

Also if they are doing practical effects they can not hit the actors. So we will be getting some obvious misses every now and then

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I wonder how often in the shows/movies that are trying to be more realistic, and still using the main actors.. I wonder how often they get bonked pretty hard. I guess not much because we never see much of it, aside from Jackie Chan.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

DoggPickle posted:

I wonder how often in the shows/movies that are trying to be more realistic, and still using the main actors.. I wonder how often they get bonked pretty hard. I guess not much because we never see much of it, aside from Jackie Chan.

A lot. There are a lot of breaks and dislocations and cuts in action film shoots. Not the level of The Raid: Redemption, but a lot, comparatively, even with the relative safety.

MrHat
Jun 18, 2005

Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
Also if you're playing 'Roman Soldier #5', and want to be asked back to play 'Roman Soldier #3' next week, you're going to be a little cautious about actually smacking one of the lead actors in the face.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Sober posted:

"Piss and poo poo" has pretty much replaced most of the curses I mumble under my breath these days.

*find out project has gone over budget and we're behind schedule*

"We... are mired... in piss.... and poo poo."

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

teagone posted:

I just learned how to make decent gifs yesterday so this is fun for me:

Now thats the poo poo right there. Someone should make an archive of all the awesome .gifs from this show.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

new episode right? so quiet

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Oh Gannicus :allears: They should do another spin off with him.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Goddamn it Gannicus, don't be stupid :mad:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Caesar looks kind of weird clean shaven and short haired.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Oh poo poo, making a Roman a slave :drat:

e: Haha these goddamn bushes mang

Iseeyouseemeseeyou fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 9, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp, this episode just got super hosed up.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
If this season doesn't jump the shark history wise, and have Gannicus kill Caesar, I'm going to be extremely disappointed. Ganni just keeps kicking Caesar's rear end with ease. If this were DnD, Gannicus seems like he's 5 levels above everyone else.

Although, if that slave during the execution wasn't pre-wounded, it looked like he would have killed Caesar, so maybe he's not as good a fighter as he portrays himself as.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

So Crassus has Spartacus pinned against the Wall. Even if they could get over it, they'd have to deal with the Others.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

nooneofconsequence posted:

So Crassus has Spartacus pinned against the Wall. Even if they could get over it, they'd have to deal with the Others.

But Spartacus has dragons, see. And notice how the wife of the Aedile's wound was smoking? Oh and her red hair and :stonk:

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009

calandryll posted:

Oh Gannicus :allears: They should do another spin off with him.

I would watch the poo poo out of "Fightin' Round the World" With Gannicus.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Series pitch: Gannicus becomes a time traveler.

The rest writes itself.

Forum Actuary
Jan 23, 2004
BRITISH

The rest writes itself.

There was a Gladiator sequel written in which Maximus returns to earth as an immortal badass and fights in every war ever. They should totally rip that off for one, or all of the main characters in this.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

The rest writes itself.

His cock rages on... through time and space.

VampiricGiraffe
Feb 5, 2012

Azure_Horizon posted:

His cock rages on... through time and space.

I would watch this show so loving hard.

Edit: they could have it basically be all the assassins creed games, and devote half the time to him killing every high profile assassination victim throughout history and the other half with bumbling detectives half-assedly explaining away why nobody notices that they have been blatantly sworded to death

VampiricGiraffe fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 9, 2013

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

If we can have a talk like a pirate day, we need a talk like Spartacus day.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Gangringo posted:

If we can have a talk like a pirate day, we need a talk like Spartacus day.

We need an official TVIV Spartagrammar day, at the series finale.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Now that was some good poo poo. Liked the ep much more than last week's. An hour of Gannicus being a badass just can't go wrong.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The rest writes itself.

They wanted to do an adult Doctor Who spinoff and we got Torchwood, perhaps instead they should of just made Gannicus a companion .

patb01
Jul 4, 2008

Azure_Horizon posted:

We need an official TVIV Spartagrammar day, at the series finale.

So would we see E/N threads called "Once again gods ram cock in rear end: my dad's making me move." Because that would be awesome.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

patb01 posted:

So would we see E/N threads called "Once again gods ram cock in rear end: my dad's making me move." Because that would be awesome.

Yes. Someone needs to make this happen, by Jupiter's cock.

patb01
Jul 4, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

They wanted to do an adult Doctor Who spinoff and we got Torchwood, perhaps instead they should of just made Gannicus a companion .

Hell make Gannicus the next Dr Who, never have a problem with "will the doctor screw a companion?" because he would screw ALL the companions.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

patb01 posted:

Hell make Gannicus the next Dr Who, never have a problem with "will the doctor screw a companion?" because he would screw ALL the companions.

Well he needs to bro it up with someone so have Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo join him in his time traveling adventures.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
First decimation, now tug-of-war. Spartacus is the most visually horrifying show on TV, and I love it while also being continuously shocked by it.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

bobkatt013 posted:

Well he needs to bro it up with someone so have Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo join him in his time traveling adventures.

Gannicus and Pullo gently caress and kill their way across time while Spartacus and Vorenus stay in the TARDIS to brood and complain about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I don't think Tberius will be alive by the end of this series.

What a wretched little poo poo.

• Locked thread