Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

The Walking Dead: Assault is really kick-rear end, especially for free. Thanks for the heads up!

$2.99 here in Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

$2.99 here in Canada

Kaster Troy from the last page posted:

IGN is now giving out The Walking Dead Assault for free: http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/walkingdead-free

Worked for me, and I'm in Canada too.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Pixel, the creator of Cave Story, just announced a new iOS game called Gero Blaster.

It looks kind of cute! Basically a 2D action shooter, but seemingly a lot more linear than Cave Story. It's aiming for a May release.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
It still amazes me that something as deep and polished and fun as Cave Story was made by one guy.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The Kins posted:

Pixel, the creator of Cave Story, just announced a new iOS game called Gero Blaster.

It looks kind of cute! Basically a 2D action shooter, but seemingly a lot more linear than Cave Story. It's aiming for a May release.

Oh man, I'm conflicted. On one hand, I love cave story. On the other, I hate virtual buttons on action games.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Chernabog posted:

Oh man, I'm conflicted. On one hand, I love cave story. On the other, I hate virtual buttons on action games.
The boss of Nicalis has tweeted a 3DS screenshot so I guess that's another answer. :)

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

The Kins posted:

The boss of Nicalis has tweeted a 3DS screenshot so I guess that's another answer. :)

I got the new Shantae on ipad because I don't have a 3DS. :( I'd never played anything with virtual buttons before. Shantae is hard enough already, goddammit!

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
I wish Nimblebit made a farming sim called Pocket Plains.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Corridor posted:

I got the new Shantae on ipad because I don't have a 3DS. :( I'd never played anything with virtual buttons before. Shantae is hard enough already, goddammit!

I bought it and it plays amazingly great, go get it.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

EightFlyingCars posted:

I bought it and it plays amazingly great, go get it.

I have the game, as I said. It looks amazing, but the virtual buttons make it way harder. I might need to put bits of sticky tape down each time I boot up the game, to let me feel where the buttons are. But that's annoying and tedious so I'll probably just end up not playing it ever. :( I looks really beautiful though.

If you mean the 3DS, I'm way too poor these days. I can buy the occasional game, but consoles are beyond me. I only have my ipad because a kind person gifted me.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
One of the Playism guys strongly hinted at a PC version of Gero Blaster on NeoGAF, so you can probably find a way to play as you wish.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

IncendiaC posted:

Worked for me, and I'm in Canada too.

Worked for me in Australia.

Is Brian Cox's Wonders of the Universe worth $7. I'm sorely tempted to grab it since someone posted codes.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Raged posted:

Worked for me in Australia.

Is Brian Cox's Wonders of the Universe worth $7. I'm sorely tempted to grab it since someone posted codes.

For people in europe who are having trouble, you can download some random vpn app from the store (they all work very easily) and get it that way. If you're paranoid about your account credentials you can turn the vpn off after getting the code.

Juc66
Nov 20, 2005
Lord of The Pants
A game I'm doing on contract for a local guy (so I can pay the bills) is coming along pretty nicely and I was wondering if you folks would be interested in seeing some screenshots.
and by that I mean I'll post a couple screenshots and hope you don't mock it.
I'm hoping it does well when it comes out (month or two away yet) as my client's a fairly decent sort and I personally like the game.

In essence it's a 2d side-view tower defence game where you are controlling plants and fighting back a variety of robots.

It's called Forces of Nature and my client is Mean Bean Games ... which really should be mean bean game (no s) since this is actually their first one

ANYWAY

(also unrelated to the above pictures etc, that promo code thing worked for me as well and I'm also in Canada)

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007
Love is the stuff inside.

Shalinor posted:

If you can ever find a solid repro of that bug, do tell. I know people have seen it off and on throughout development, but I've never seen it myself.

EDIT: I love vanity metrics. Over 700,000 kitties have already been saved in Jones On Fire :3:

This happens pretty reliably to me when sliding through fire directly before an upwards ramp. It happens so fast I cannot be sure if the ramp is solid or one of the bridge looking ramps, but in all cases, I have been sliding, just passed through a fire barrier, and slid i to an upwards ramp.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Yolkfolk posted:

This happens pretty reliably to me when sliding through fire directly before an upwards ramp. It happens so fast I cannot be sure if the ramp is solid or one of the bridge looking ramps, but in all cases, I have been sliding, just passed through a fire barrier, and slid i to an upwards ramp.

This just happened to me three times in a row.

Every time one of those hollow ramps, and charging through fire.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Juc66 posted:

Plant game

I like the art style, it looks cute!

hogswallower
May 8, 2005

Precious Pig Bits
What was that game that came out a few weeks ago that's kind of like pathpix and huebrix?

E: also how much freedom are you given in The Quest? Is it seriously dagger fall on my phone?

hogswallower fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 9, 2013

SmutAnEggs
Jan 1, 2006
Nvm found it, Tiny Tower.

SmutAnEggs fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 9, 2013

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

SmutAnEggs posted:

Looking for the name of a game. Its level/tower building sim game. You build different levels, not sure if multiplier or not. I believe it was released last year sometime? People reviewing stated it was the most addictive game they had tried.
Any help on the name would be greatly appreciated!

Tiny tower?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

hogswallower posted:

E: also how much freedom are you given in The Quest? Is it seriously dagger fall on my phone?

Kinda yeah. You're limited by your own strength in terms of where you can or cannot go. Also you start the game on a peninsula so the direction you go is pretty linear, but it's still wide enough that you can get lost and die easily from wandering too far to the side and meeting like 5 orcs.

Oh and the game is turnbased, and NPCs are more or less fixed in place and don't react to each other. Kiting monsters back to town does nothing, sadly.

Only thing I don't like is that magic becomes more useless as you progress, instead of the reverse. In fact in the (many) expansions the monsters apparently have 100% magic resistance.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010

hogswallower posted:

What was that game that came out a few weeks ago that's kind of like pathpix and huebrix?
Puzzle Restorer

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Saw a facebook ad (bad sign?) about a city building game called Megapolis. What is the goon verdict of this game?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Shalinor posted:

EDIT: VV You punch with your feet. Your non-existent stub feet. Punch those fires! ... and Helping Hand isn't completing for you when you buy a boost? (BOOSTS are not ABILITIES, if you were upgrading an ability and wondering why it didn't hit)

I can't seem to figure out how to unlock Helping Hand either :( I'm staying in the air as long as I can but it never seems to be long enough.

Are you sure you aren't mixing up the missions? Helping Hand is currently described as "Stay airborn[sic] for 1 seconds. Try air charging. Go for a magic carpet ride!"

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
New Tactical RPG called Blazing Souls appears to be up in the store. Anyone picking this up? I like games like this but reviews of the other games in the series don't seem stellar.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Kazy posted:

I can't seem to figure out how to unlock Helping Hand either :( I'm staying in the air as long as I can but it never seems to be long enough.

Are you sure you aren't mixing up the missions? Helping Hand is currently described as "Stay airborn[sic] for 1 seconds. Try air charging. Go for a magic carpet ride!"
Oh for pete's sake, I think the descriptions are crossed. God. THAT would explain why no one can complete the airborn one.

Do me a favor. Go buy a boost. It doesn't matter which one, it can just be a cheapy rank 1 boost. Then go back downstairs and open the missions screen, and see if it completes.

EDIT: Don't even bother testing it, I know for a fact that's the bug. Buy a boost, you'll complete the mission. There was an extra (old) description in the array, the "magic carpet ride" one, for a mission type I removed, that was overwriting the correct description. I replaced the stay-airborne mission with a straight up air-charge-X-times mission relatively late in development, because the "stay airborn for X" one was fiddly, and a bitch to complete.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 10, 2013

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
I have both charge and jump at Rank 2, and just spent a run charging, jumping, then multi-charging during the jump and still haven't satisfied this one.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

Shalinor posted:

Oh for pete's sake, I think the descriptions are crossed. God. THAT would explain why no one can complete the airborn one.

Do me a favor. Go buy a boost. It doesn't matter which one, it can just be a cheapy rank 1 boost. Then go back downstairs and open the missions screen, and see if it completes.

EDIT: Don't even bother testing it, I know for a fact that's the bug. Buy a boost, you'll complete the mission. There was an extra (old) description in the array, the "magic carpet ride" one, for a mission type I removed, that was overwriting the correct description. I replaced the stay-airborne mission with a straight up air-charge-X-times mission relatively late in development, because the "stay airborn for X" one was fiddly, and a bitch to complete.

Yup, this worked!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Well, that's one bug located. Helping Hand has been completed.

... however, Helping Hand doesn't unlock when you buy a boost and then complete a mission, either - you need to view Missions after buying a boost.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Another one for the Jones buried in a hill bug. Happened when I slid up a ramp into a flat section. At the intersection, looks like I clipped under the ground plane and went into the dirt.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Robokill 2 just went free. I liked the first one, but this one is iPad only. :( It's not super complicated or especially engrossing, but it's a fun little twin stick shooter. Get!

http://www.appshopper.com/games/robokill-2-leviathan-five

silloh
Sep 5, 2008
Has anyone been able to complete the "Stay in 1 Second" mission in Jones on Fire? I've fully upgraded the Air Charge, and I feel like I've definitely gotten over 1 second a couple of different times. It would be really helpful if there were some way (like in Punch Quest) to show how close you were to that achievement.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

silloh posted:

Has anyone been able to complete the "Stay in 1 Second" mission in Jones on Fire? I've fully upgraded the Air Charge, and I feel like I've definitely gotten over 1 second a couple of different times. It would be really helpful if there were some way (like in Punch Quest) to show how close you were to that achievement.
From further up the page:

Shalinor posted:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

endlessmonotony posted:

Well, that's one bug located. Helping Hand has been completed.

... however, Helping Hand doesn't unlock when you buy a boost and then complete a mission, either - you need to view Missions after buying a boost.

This definitely. You have to actually HAVE the item, not use it. Finally got it to unlock.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Kazy posted:

This definitely. You have to actually HAVE the item, not use it. Finally got it to unlock.
You're seeing the behavior that if you go to the store, buy a boost, leave store, start run, finish run, and the missions pop up -> you DON'T get credit for having done Helping Hand?

Whereas if you go to the store, buy boost, leave store, then immediate open missions -> you DO get credit for having done Helping Hand?

EDIT: Someone snapped a really nice screenshot of the slide-into-terrain bug, and I found a likely cause as a result. Fixed it. Can't guarantee that fixes the bug entirely, but it hopefully will. EDIT2: Fixed this mission progress bug too.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 10, 2013

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Shalinor posted:

You're seeing the behavior that if you go to the store, buy a boost, leave store, start run, finish run, and the missions pop up -> you DON'T get credit for having done Helping Hand?

Whereas if you go to the store, buy boost, leave store, then immediate open missions -> you DO get credit for having done Helping Hand?

Just done it, and yeah, it's the second one.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Shalinor posted:

Confirming it was the second one. I've bought like 5 boosts and used them since getting that mission and never unlocked it.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
100 kittens

;)

Inevitable Ross
Jul 1, 2007
Have you accepted Bob as your personal Lord and Savior?
It would only be 100 Kitties if it launched a completely different game, then crashed immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not exaggerating when I say that falling through the floor bug happens to me once out of every maybe 4-5 games in Jones on Fire. :\

• Locked thread