Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Here are two of my favorites in recent history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scurvard
Feb 19, 2007

Hahaha, "they call catdog i felt sad." Collecting crazy people profiles is my favorite part of CO. My favorites tend to be the long rambling word salad stories.

This dude is clearly 14. ANDREAS WESKER HOTARU WITH HIS TWO KATANAS MOONLIGHT AND SUNDOWN

But sometimes short and sweet is best

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Syndea is just one of those "I'm so unique" ways of spelling Cindy, isn't it?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Aphrodite posted:

Syndea is just one of those "I'm so unique" ways of spelling Cindy, isn't it?

Cynthia, I think.

Either way, these are just as 'good' as some of the CoH ones I've seen.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Prism posted:

Cynthia, I think.

Either way, these are just as 'good' as some of the CoH ones I've seen.

There's no real lack of quality, if you can stand to sit around caprice! I don't really log in much these days, but when I do, I try to find yet another thing to screenshot.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Allatum posted:

weight:16.8

A real lightweight. A stiff breeze could knock this guy over. :v:

Unless its tons, in which case he really needs to stop packing away those antimatter bullets that got embedded in his skull.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Bluhman posted:

A real lightweight. A stiff breeze could knock this guy over. :v:

Unless its tons, in which case he really needs to stop packing away those antimatter bullets that got embedded in his skull.

That could be in stone, which would be a legitimate weight (about 235 lbs or 106 kilos). :v:

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Well those are just glorious.

In other news, I found out Diaper Wolf has alts. Diaper wolves, too. BINGO!

Part of me died today, and the English Language is still suffering from a near-fatal blow.

And you are right, word salads are oh so drat commmon.

Further entries coming tomorrow or the day after. Because chriiist there is so much bad. So much. Bad.

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 10, 2013

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Please continue this. Like, forever. Bio-spotting is one of the great things about CoH that I can't replicate elsewhere. I know most of the entertainingly bad RPers went to CO, so I could have just followed them there, but I don't really want to.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Cleretic posted:

Please continue this. Like, forever. Bio-spotting is one of the great things about CoH that I can't replicate elsewhere. I know most of the entertainingly bad RPers went to CO, so I could have just followed them there, but I don't really want to.

Make a hero called Abyss Watcher, its a free game after all.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

I'm not really sure what prompted this combination of things but all I can think of is some one wanting to roleplay some spooky rapeclown.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

HukHukHuk posted:

Make a hero called Abyss Watcher, its a free game after all.

That, and they added a new short boss run instance that any L35+ player can queue up for. The Lemurian invasion is pretty keen, even for supporty characters. Get back in the groove.

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
Good god, why do I do this to myself. Have a look at this gem from the CO forums if you don't value your sanity (Or already lost it).

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=212781

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Oh CO, I miss your retardedness so much.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Another day, another update of Club Caprice Bingo!

Including, but not limited to:

This dude literally screaming for Bingo Bot to stop following him and ruining his chances at talking up cute dudes!

This dude, shaming the Polish and the Dutch at the same time. Also, bonus points for Memories of Auswitz, 1942: "On a strange way we still had fun."

InGen's small homeroom elephant!

And oh god. This mess. Oh jesus.

Join the fun!

EDIT: Allatum caught a detail I missed. Bingo!

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 11, 2013

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Hey that last one was a bingo. You didn't see that big old (WIP) at the top?

E: and for a contribution, I found this while heading to the costume tailors.

A Primus datapage link away from being a bingo. How common were virtueverse references in CoX? Because I think it's hit or miss in CO for the PDB. It's mostly the CO RP crowd that uses them

Allatum fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 11, 2013

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Dinictus posted:

That, and they added a new short boss run instance that any L35+ player can queue up for. The Lemurian invasion is pretty keen, even for supporty characters. Get back in the groove.

I have two level 40s for some reason, I can attest to the fact that the game just isn't fun. A single new mission (making a total of two over the span of a year) isn't going to save that, especialyl since 90% of the game's content isn't very good anyway (I liked Nemcon, I guess).

A big part of it is the absolutely awful F2P. Knowing that I am objectively, measurably inferior to people because I don't subscribe isn't a good way to warm me up to a F2P game.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Man. The RP crowd hates ribbing and fun.

In the meantime, I'll work that entry out as well, and I'll get to the bottom of this with PWE/Cryptic support. If I can continue the bingo somehow, I am willing to make some more concessions. However, their rulings had better be airtight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Where did the bio link?

Allatum posted:

Hey that last one was a bingo. You didn't see that big old (WIP) at the top?

E: and for a contribution, I found this while heading to the costume tailors.

A Primus datapage link away from being a bingo. How common were virtueverse references in CoX? Because I think it's hit or miss in CO for the PDB. It's mostly the CO RP crowd that uses them

quote:

death dealer, if you've seen UNDERWORLD

Right, because without the context from the movie you'd have no idea what that job entails.

Cleretic posted:

I have two level 40s for some reason, I can attest to the fact that the game just isn't fun. A single new mission (making a total of two over the span of a year) isn't going to save that, especialyl since 90% of the game's content isn't very good anyway (I liked Nemcon, I guess).

A big part of it is the absolutely awful F2P. Knowing that I am objectively, measurably inferior to people because I don't subscribe isn't a good way to warm me up to a F2P game.

Archetype damage dealers are objectively, measurably superior actually.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Cleretic posted:

It's funny. They seemed like they were ramping up development for awhile after the PW changeover. Then it just died off after they released the vehicles.

I'm guessing all that effort they put into vehicles didn't pay off. Which isn't surprising, since they locked most of the interesting stuff behind an obnoxious pay wall.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also the people who cared about vehicles wanted dumb stuff like motorcycles and sex horses, not stuff that actually fit the game.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
So it's perfectly OK to tell people that a female character has a dick in a bio. But if you make fun of dick chicks it's against the rules.

P.S: A motorcycle would have been pretty rad. But the focus on hover tanks and junk was kind of strange and feasibly excluded people who stuck to themed characters. Also, the lockbox gamble.

Allatum fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 12, 2013

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Aphrodite posted:

Archetype damage dealers are objectively, measurably superior actually.

I suppose this comes down to if it's better to have more powers, or more flat damage in the formula.

Personally, I think since the freeform power system was a big selling point of the game, and the higher damage for ATs was actually a bug they never fixed, ATs get it worse off. ATs are stuck not only with less powers at max level, but with an awful lot of dud powers that either do gently caress-all for the focus of the set, or do gently caress-all at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cleretic posted:

I suppose this comes down to if it's better to have more powers, or more flat damage in the formula.

Given the simplicity of CO's fights, always the latter.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
ATs get a damage multiplier or something?

And I doubt that ATs are outdamaging freeforms, I parsed some alerts and my "Darius Spec" guy usually does more than everyone else in the alert combined with level 25-ish greens.

e: "Darius Spec" is this, basically SB cookie-cutter on crack.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 12, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

OneEightHundred posted:

ATs get a damage multiplier or something?

And I doubt that ATs are outdamaging freeforms, I parsed some alerts and my "Darius Spec" guy usually does more than everyone else in the alert combined with level 25-ish greens.

Yes, and the strong ones actually are.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
Woah, wait, really? Since when?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Where did the bio link?

Club Caprice Bingo, obviously.

Allatum posted:

So it's perfectly OK to tell people that a female character has a dick in a bio. But if you make fun of dick chicks it's against the rules.

Also something I asked in the support ticket. I can still run the bingo, obviously. Just not link to it in the meantime. Of course, the cool crowd of not-obnoxious 'MRP' flaunting people that know about it applaud it anyway.

raocow posted:

Woah, wait, really? Since when?

Since the On Alert gear, power and stat revision, if I recall correctly from the forums.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Allatum posted:

No, you see, nowhere does it say that their character is female with a dick. She has futanari powers, which is a wholly different thing. Like ninja powers. They're just waiting for Cryptic to implement the power set.

oh god i might give them ideas

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
AT's get less harsh diminishing returns, so overall do way more damage than freeforms. This becomes most apparent when playing with the Telekinesis archetype, the Lightning archetype, and the Jedi archetype, and to a lesser extent (due to pretty dumb stats and specs) the Fire archetype. So don't get it in your head that you're inferior to the dudes paying cash or grinding for a year to get a freeform slot, you really aren't (and even if you were, PVP is nonexistant so it wouldn't really matter).

By the way, I think this gets mentioned once in the OP, but you really should change the controls to "Shooter" if you're hating how mmo-y the combat is; it's won't completely turn the game around for people who are dead-set on hating it, but it's objectively better.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

By the way, I think this gets mentioned once in the OP, but you really should change the controls to "Shooter" if you're hating how mmo-y the combat is; it's won't completely turn the game around for people who are dead-set on hating it, but it's objectively better.
I could never get into using it personally, but it's certainly interesting. Especially since the Neverwinter MMO Cryptic's doing has something similar, where you don't tab-target but just hit whatever you're pointed at.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's not surprising, really, since the Neverwinter engine is the same as the Champions Online engine. They've really gotten their money's worth for the drat thing, considering how you see a whole bunch of the same emotes popping up across all three of their major games.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Does anyone still play this at all? Logged in this weekend to screw around for a few minutes and the entire game seemed pretty desolate.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I was thinking about getting back into it again. Just distracted with SimCity's shittiness and getting into Marvel Heroes' beta atm.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
It's pretty much just me, Dini, and one or two goons who come online and then log out instantly these days.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

Thanks, will uninstall!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah. Unfortunately the game has been incredibly... slow lately. There's been some new content recently but not a whole lot, and it's only come after months and months of basically sitting in a holding pattern. I know STO is doing well and Neverwinter looks promising, so I honestly suspect that when they're attempt to pull the "sell vehicles for massive cost!" cash flow idea fell through with ChampO, Cryptic or PWE just stopped caring about the title and moved folks to work on the other games or something. It's really kind of a shame, especially since there was a boost in activity after CoH's closing. :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...Yeeeah, STO isn't doing well.

It's doing less bad.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

...Yeeeah, STO isn't doing well.

It's doing less bad.
Well by all accounts it's doing "okay", or at least "is profitable". There's been relatively frequent content updates (by Cryptic standards...) and there's the impending launch of what's probably the Romulan faction in two months, which at least implies that development is in a growth mode still. And whenever PWE does a promotion of their games it's usually listed prominently while ChampO is ignored (not that this says much, since PWE's roster is pretty crappy, Torchlight aside).

So... uh, comparatively speaking anyway. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Logged in this evening after MONTHS of inactivity to find all my characters missing. I've sent a ticket to support but does anyone know anything about this? I'm just curious if you guys have some information NOW instead of "3-4 business days."