Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
"Let's give him a ~Fighting Chance~", huh?

:negative:

gently caress people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Genius.

Springly
Dec 10, 2011

"BYO bolt cutters to extract puppy"

e: ^Holy god that's amazing. Looking forward to the sequel where s/he sends the cat to look for the two puppies.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
Ah yes, the rare and valuable American Staffordshire Terrier!

Odd, you'd think a breeder of fine bloodlines would have invested in a properly built kennel, at least.

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

Now you're overestimating the average resident of Coff's, let alone the BYBs....

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

platedlizard posted:

Odd, you'd think a breeder of fine bloodlines would have invested in a properly built kennel, at least.

Lol let me introduce you to some of my friends

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Unfortunately couldn't get a shot of this whole ad, but managed to save the picture.

Gist of the ad: $600 RAZORS EDGE x GOTTI BLOODLINE PITS

This is a fine specimen of dogdom, yes. We need to make more of this.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Oh my god what the hell is wrong with that dog's... everything!? :stonk:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
What the poo poo. That looks loving photoshopped, but...holy hell. :psyduck:

I'm just going to assume "Razor's Edge" and "Gotti" are the sire and bitch and that they are about three times as hosed up.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

I think that's two puppies.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

It's a Rorschach test of dog.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

kinmik posted:

I'm just going to assume "Razor's Edge" and "Gotti" are the sire and bitch and that they are about three times as hosed up.

They're the two bloodlines created by idiots in the 80s (by crossing in mastiffs and bulldogs and whatever else they thought looked cool) that started the whole blue hippo trend.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

^^^ :laffo: I tried to google "blue hippo + dog" and nothing really relevant came up. I'll in turn then assume it's a pretentious fake trait bred into the dogs. Or you could explain? I love hearing your dictions, super.

a life less posted:

I think that's two puppies.

I see it now. My brain did some serious gymnastics wondering why it had a fifth leg between and behind the front legs. We're looking at another pup's butt, and its head is down by the cinder block.

kinmik fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 7, 2013

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
I assume cinderblocks are important for a puppy's development considering how often they're in the photos on craigslist dog ads

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

kinmik posted:

^^^ :laffo: I tried to google "blue hippo + dog" and nothing really relevant came up. I'll in turn then assume it's a pretentious fake trait bred into the dogs.

It just means stocky pits with massive wide heads that don't try to kill every other dog on sight. No big deal.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
The latest Best of Craigslist is awesome: Need to borrow/rent live ducks (not a joke)

"Details: ducks will be gently secured into passenger seats of model train set. origami hats made of 1, 5 and 10 dollar bills will be placed on each ducks head."

When I looked at it before, there was a photo of a duck wearing a little hat (not an origami money hat, sadly), I guess to further explain the concept, but it seems to be gone now.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

redmercer posted:

It just means stocky pits with massive wide heads that don't try to kill every other dog on sight. No big deal.

Mastiff/pit mixes.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jack_tripper posted:

I assume cinderblocks are important for a puppy's development considering how often they're in the photos on craigslist dog ads

They're clearly for puppy weight lifting.

I wish I'd gotten a picture. Thankfully it's gone now. Someone was selling a spectacled caiman and said if you keep it in a 55 gallon tank it'll be the same size forever.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Paging redmercer and Super (and anyone else interested, I guess) to please follow me into the bully thread; I have a quick question concerning your hippo dogs.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

say that to my face not online fucker see what happens

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

lmao that guy owns

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

kinmik posted:

Paging redmercer and Super (and anyone else interested, I guess) to please follow me into the bully thread; I have a quick question concerning your hippo dogs.

Not on your life

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

redmercer posted:

Not on your life

yeah redmercer is really mad about my opinions on pitbulls, he let me know via PM i guess?? so that would be a disaster :3:

Supercondescending fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 10, 2013

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I'm not bothering to flag this because I have no sympathy for anyone who willingly would purchase a snapping turtle

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Pew! Pew! posted:

I'm not bothering to flag this because I have no sympathy for anyone who willingly would purchase a snapping turtle

Pssh it's not like they get big or anything (yes they get very big and can bite through a broom handle as adults)

I guess sometimes a person really does deserve to lose a finger. Or two.

Reminds me of the family in Washington a decade ago who kept an alligator in their bathtub, and got upset when it escaped and their neighbors complained about having an alligator on their front lawn. Because it was totally a nice family pet and not dangerous at all and how dare they get mad when a large carnivore showed up on their doorstep unexpectedly. Maybe the neighbors should have fed it a hand or something I don't know.

Anyway, cute turtle, I hope it enjoys its future diet of human limbs.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

redmercer posted:

Not on your life
Okay :saddowns:

But no, really. I learned a lot. Thanks guys. :shobon:

kinmik fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 10, 2013

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I looked on my local craigslist and about one out of every five posts is for a cattledog or cattledog mix.

Not a single one spelled "heeler" correctly. They're all "healers". I'd like to believe there's a breed of dog with magical healing powers out there.

Edit:

:negative:

Problem! fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 11, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Look at those fine, outstanding dogs pictured.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Look at those fine, outstanding dogs pictured.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin#Performance_enhancement_in_dogs That's what those bullies remind me of. They look very similar to a double-muscled whippet. Has anyone ever tested bullies to see if they have that mutation? (this probably isn't right thread for it, I guess, but I'm curious)

The spelling is the real cap of that post however. Nice, professional looking picture that was probably stolen from another site; terrible, terrible spelling and grammar.

Also, the last place I think of when I'm looking for show-quality dogs is Craigslist.

Baika
Jul 8, 2011

Cap on, apply directly to the rats head.
The Dog Whisperer is coming to town! Not Ceasar...some other random guy!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Only 140 dollars a session to alpha roll your pibble ~*~Rescue~*~? (he was a bait dog you know he is sweet and a BABY) Sounds like this guy is going to get a lot of work in the Portland area.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

I HATE misspellings of dog breeds. You are on The Internet, google the breed if you aren't good at spelling :argh:

I kind of want a dog of this mix :ohdear:

(not really, just wanna see an adult)

anima
Apr 27, 2007
1. The unconscious or true inner self of an individual, as opposed to the persona, or outer aspect of the personality.
This just tickled my fancy. Gettin' my cat a cat stand and poo poo. Got it barely used!

"Cat stand" has entered my brain fog lexicon and I know when I talk to my mom about the new cat trees I'm gonna slip up now.

e: my pal told me this is a real term used places Not Here (townie central) but I am just imagining my doofy cat stuck on it, dangling for her life 1.5 ft off the ground. That idiot gets stuck on everything.

anima fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 16, 2013

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

This person needs to learn to close their drat door. You'd think after the first time...

quote:

TLDR: I have lost 3 cats, and I am desperate to get them back! 4-5 year old orange tabby and black cat, and a 1-2 year old tortoise shell girl, not spayed. I have tried everything, and can't find them. More details below.

---

I have been living in this area since October 2012, and I have never had this problem before anywhere else. Any time my cats have gotten out in the past, they have come back within 24 hours. I have taken multiple walks around my complex, calling for the cats and sweeping with a flashlight. I have gone to Austin Animal Center, and have rented a humane animal trap from Austin Humane Society. I am going crazy missing these cats.

---

I have had my black kitty and orange tabby brothers since September 2008 at 8 weeks old. I have had a gray and white girl kitty since November 2009, about 8 months after moving to Austin. She is the only one I have left. In December shortly after my dog died, a sweet, beautiful tortieshell stray showed up on my doorstep, so I took her in, got her shots and tags, and had planned to get her spayed shortly.

All of my cats have tags with their names on the front, and my phone number on the back. The orange tabby also had a tag with Banfield's phone number. The other three all have their rabies tags with Wells Branch Pet & Bird Clinic's phone number on them. All of the cats except for the recently acquired tortieshell had microchips as well.

---

My orange tabby is about 4 1/2 years old. I have had him since he was 8 weeks old. He was the only one in the litter who wasn't all black. He is neutered and microchipped, and had a collar with tags when he was lost at Solano Apartments in November 2012. He is very furry and talkative, and weighed about 13 lbs.

The tortieshell girl is about 1 year old, give or take. She is not microchipped or spayed yet, but she did have a collar with tags and a flea collar. She has been lost for about 2 weeks. I was out of town visiting family, and she snuck out of my apartment at Solano Apartments while a friend was checking on the cats. She is very petite, and likes to yowl and murmur.

My black cat is about 4 1/2 years old. I have had him since he was 8 weeks old. He is my sweet little baby, and has been my favorite cat in the world since day 1. He is neutered and microchipped, and had a collar with tags when he was lost almost 2 weeks ago. I was out of town visiting family, and he snuck out of my apartment at Solano Apartments while a friend was checking on the cats.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO LOOK AT MY PHOTOS AND SHARE MY STORY!!!! Please, I am a desperate cat mommy!!!!
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3687401533 Posted: 2013-03-17, 4:22PM CDT email to a friend

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Wow, how does someone lose so many cats.

I imagine it must be something like this..

cats are just so desperate to escape

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Well, you see the sent the second one out to find the first one when it got lost, and the third out after both of them.

malcriada
Mar 21, 2012

cryingscarf posted:

I just look at it as a mandatory fine for having an intact dog running loose, but with an option to lessen the fine by fixing the dog because that's good incentive for owners who really don't care either way. There was an intact male that kept getting out in town (like once a week at least from what I saw) and I would have loved for this system to be in place so the owner would have some sort of consequence for his irresponsible ownership. But, that's all I will say on this now cause it is derailing from the craigslist fun.

Most of the obvious trainwreck craigslist postings for my area were already flagged for removal. There has been a noticeable increase in BYBs trying to sell their "BIG BULLBOXERS", malshis, peekapoos etc though.

Initially, I thought Whight was some sort of line of pit bulls, and then I realized they were trying to say white.

Whats sad is that, this dog looks more like a Dogo Argentino and they are calling it a pitbull :(

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

malcriada posted:

Whats sad is that, this dog looks more like a Dogo Argentino and they are calling it a pitbull :(

What are the chances that a random pit type dog is a purebred Dogo, vs a white randomly bred pit bull, if you live in most of the US.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Guys! Lets start trading our pets like pokemon cards. What can I get for a neurotic terrier mix??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

cryingscarf posted:

Guys! Lets start trading our pets like pokemon cards. What can I get for a neurotic terrier mix??

That's got to be worth at least one neurotic house cat, and I have several. Want to trade?

• Locked thread