Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Viscount Slim posted:

^^ Dushanbe Dervishes?

Death Valley Dervishes. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Only 20 steals through your first two weeks? You keep finding new ways to disappoint me, Marauder!

"Rickey needs to get on base to steal more of them. Rickey's gonna do better."

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League IX, Week 2: Week Harder

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

EVERYONE LEARNS IMPORTANT LESSON AS MERCURIES WIN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Ithaca- In the end, nothing was really learned.

The Mercuries, with their ninth straight win, swept the Phoenixes and captured the Heavyweight Championship, which somehow felt strangely hollow.

Perhaps it was because Marauder's star, once the brightest in the sky of the Super-League, has fallen so far. His Bangers, perhaps the most feared team in modern Super-League history, were snuffed out by the Macho Man, and the Phoenixes, though the reigning Smasher League Champions, are not held in nearly the same esteem.

And the Mercuries, though they have had a great start to the season, are similarly viewed with some weariness by other owners. The original Mercuries lasted for two seasons before Senerio decided to fold them, and that is still the longest time that the Mercuries owner has run a team before quitting on them. While he has said that he is in the Super-League for the long-term with this revived version of the Mercuries, there is some skepticism that the Mercuries will remain in the league come Super-League X.

Finally, the Heavyweight Title has always been one of least prestigious of all of the Super-League Titles. In fact, there are rumors that the only reason it was created in the first place was because, at the time, all three of the minor championships were in the Dynamo League, and there was no interleague play at the time. In addition, there have been few memorable Heavyweight Title feuds, given that it has been held mainly by higher quality teams who viewed the Heavyweight Title as mainly an afterthought on their way to the championship.

Still, a title win is a title win, and today's game was a high point for the Mercuries, who have had a great start thanks to their powerful offense, made of the greatest sluggers the Red Sox have ever produced, and also Mike Greenwell, who did not play in today's game. Greenwell was interviewed after the game was over, however, as he is considered to be the face of the franchise for some unknowable reason, "You know, a team is a lot like a family. You've got your mother, your father, your mother and father's live-in girlfriend, and then you've got that exchange student from New Zealand that has been their for like three years, and Uncle Steve, who isn't actually your uncle...and I never did figure out what his...her...no, his, I think Steve was a guy...right? Anyway, what I'm getting at is that it is a loving travesty that Bud Selig hasn't stripped Jose Canseco of the 1988 AL MVP award because of his steroid use, and then given it to the runner-up from that year, whoever that might be. I feel very strongly about this."

GAME NOTES

-Incidentally, the first Queens Mercuries also took part in the very first secondary title change in Super-League history, sweeping the Greater Googly-Mooglies and winning the Intercontinental Championship way back in the third week of Super-League III.

-Marauder was not bothered either by the loss or the struggles of the Phoenixes, explaining that, "The Finger-Bangers aren't dead, they're just on vacation...and they'll be home very, very soon."

Box Score

Don May posted:

LANDERS ANNIHILATE GUMSHOES 14-0

San Francisco- Two weeks, two vicious beatdowns of divisional rivals.

The Landers, tired of being also-rans, have decided to take out their anger on the rest of the league, and their anger is so very great.

It certainly scared the hell out of the Gumshoes, who were held to just two hits and a walk on the day. Detective Don Slaught explained, "I've seen a lot of poo poo in my time as a private detective. Maybe too much. But I've never seen something like this. The Landers are something else, something bad. We woke something up last year when we beat them for the divisional, something that was buried deep down in mrnoun, just waiting to come out. Some guys you don't really know what they're like until you see them right on the edge. Well, we pushed mrnoun right over, and now he's not going to rest until we are loving dead. You see what he did today? He did that with Rick Reuschel on the mound, and Josh Gibson on the drat bench! What the gently caress did we unleash? What the gently caress have we done? I'd ask God for forgiveness, but this sure as gently caress looks like his judgment."

mrnoun, constantly on the edge of howling fury, was barely able to contain his rage as he talked to reporters after the game, "You have all censured me! Mocked me! I brought so much to this league, and where was my reward? Runner-up to the Bobbleheads? Runner-up to the Gumshoes? Runner-up! Runner-up! Runner-up! NO! I am not going to end up like IceMole, the eternal salutatorian. You have all had your fun, but now it's over! It's all over! You can keep your teams if you want, but this league belongs to me now. Now and forever. I'm not Marauder, I'm not going to gloat. I don't give a gently caress whether you all think I'm the most clever owner that ever lived. All I care about is two things. 1. That Pink Floyd kicks rear end. And 2. That I'm going to be the one to kill the Macho Men. Nothing else matters."

GAME NOTES

-Andy Pettitte was left in the game for eight innings despite giving up 12 runs. Asked why he let Pettitte suffer for so long, Archie Goodwin explained, "Well, it's not like he could lose twice in one game...although he sure as gently caress tried..."

-Every Landers player besides Eddie Joost and Ed Bailey hit at least one extra-base hit. And neither Bailey nor Joost is considered a likely starter once the playoffs come around.

-The Landers have a team batting average of .356 after two weeks. If they can keep this up for a few more weeks, all humans on Earth will be forced to admit the superiority of the moon, per the Mare Umbrium treaty of 1984.

Box Score

Don May posted:

HILLBILLIES BEAT MOUNTAIN HICKS 10-8; BOTH TEAMS PROTEST STEREOTYPING

South Park- In a battle of ignorant countryfolk devoid of any refinement, the Destroyers, a band of modern savages from that patch of briars and desperation known as Arkansas, triumphed in 10 innings.

The game was tied until the tenth, when Lon Warneke, who is still not a closer, gave up three runs in the top of the inning as the Destroyers finally were able to get their hitting going. In the bottom of the inning, Marty Marion hit a home run, which was a truly baffling experience for everyone involved, but the Sad Pandas could do no more, and lost the game 10-8, bringing sorrow to their oxygen-starved town, that already suffers greatly thanks to its isolation from the rest of civilization, a place where there are no laws, neither of man nor of God.

Still, neither owner was entirely happy with the coverage of today's game. Destroyers' owner CraigK, who did not appear at his post-game interview wearing a white cotton suit with a bolo tie, with a straw hat on his head, all the while chewing a wad of tobacco, though this reporter encourages the reader to imagine him in such dress, told reporters that Arkansas, "Has evolved over the past few decades, and is no longer a backwards hellhole from which no hope can escape. I mean, Bill Clinton came from Arkansas! And while his personal foibles almost got him impeached...and did get him disbarred, and his policy record does make it appear as though he was really a liberal Republican all along, he was a pretty cool guy. And since he was cool, maybe you ought to give Arkansas another chance!"

As for Pander, the owner of the Sad Pandas, reports indicate that he was very sad after the game, telling the media that, "Marty Marion being the linchpin of our offense makes me a saaaad panda!"

GAME NOTES

-Marty Marion, who hit a grand total of 36 home runs in his 13-year career, told reporters that, "Well, I've just done my offensive work for the year. But listen guys, we need to talk about the Jose Vidro situation. I mean, the man cannot field, and that's wrong. Everyone knows that fielding is all that matters in the game of baseball. Not hitting, not pitching, just fielding. And that lazy sack of poo poo sucks at it. Every time I see him bobble a perfectly thrown double play ball...well, it can drive a man to murder, and if he doesn't get replaced soon...no jury would convict me."

-Jose Vidro countered by saying, "Yeah, well at least I can hit...I mean, not today, I went 0-for-5, and not this season, because I'm only hitting .042, but, in theory, I'm a way better hitter than that rear end in a top hat!"

-Contrary to public opinion, merging Marty Marion and Jose Vidro into a super-player known as Jorty Vidion would be terrible, if for no other reason than that, looking at the name, he'd likely wear jorts, and no one wants that.

-Chone Figgins made an appearance as a pinch runner. CraigK should be ashamed of himself, especially as a professed Mariners fans. Shame!

Box Score

Don May posted:

PERFECT DAY IN BURMA AS IMPERIALISTS BLANK BLOGGERS 4-0

Mandalay- It was the most magical game in Super-League history!

With today's 4-0 win, Viscount Slim's Imperialists took another step towards .500 baseball, and two of the most controversial owners were humbled, if only slightly.

First, by defeated the Bloggers, the Imperialists gained a game on the absent Mornacale's team, something

And, in another important story, the controversy over Hilton Smith's ranking was ended forever as Smith threw a 4-0 shutout, proving that he is, and always has been, exactly as good as the rating he was given by Smasher Dynamo, the benevolent overlord of the league who oversight of these writeups only increases their quality and in no way threatens their objectivity, as an exceptional sense of fairness is just one of Smasher Dynamo's many outstanding qualities, the full list of which would stretch on for many a page, and would be impossible to even attempt to summarize in the short time on Earth that any of us have. Yes, we could spend lifetimes, even eons, discussing the virtues of the living legend known as Smasher Dynamo. May he reign over the Super-League for all time!

But some wicked men were not satisfied with this outcome, among them admitted Australian CthulhuDreams, who still claims, ever so treasonously, that Hilton Smith is not the great that the Super-League has made him out to be, "Listen, I'm just saying that if you look at the statistics available, there is simply no justification for Hilton Smith being rated this highly. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in pointing this out."

Mornacale was also absent, as he has been for every game this season, leading many people to wonder if the Mighty and August Smasher Dynamo had somehow imprisoned the Bloggers' owner, with whom he had always had a difficult relationship. Smasher answered these allegations after the game, "It would be crazy to have created a prison in geosynchronous orbit directly over an active volcano just to imprison one man. And it would be even crazier to surround that laser with a sophisticated series of defense lasers. And to have trained an entire army of space marines with no other purpose than to make sure that he doesn't escape, well, that would be mad as well. And that to suggest that I've used the power of necromancy to bind vengeful spirits to that space prison to further torment Mornacale? Well, I'd have to be completely out of my mind. Completely insane, indeed."

GAME NOTES

-Roberto Alomar hit a home run! He's still not a shortstop, though.

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

Well, let's see what Sam Crawford can do.

Analysis

King Felix has failed you!

Analysis

Well, all of your pitchers can't be terrible forever, can they?

Analysis

Back to .500 for the first time in a very, very long time.

Analysis

Sandberg is your new 3B.

Analysis

I guess John McGraw used all of his power last season.

Analysis

Resurrection!

Analysis

Barry Bonds has five home runs, the rest of your team has four combined.

Analysis

Everything is all fun and games right up until the Coburns get fed right into the shredder that is the Rockford Losers.

Analysis

The problem is that you've got a couple of pitchers who need a decent defense behind them, and you can't provide that.

Analysis

Karma? Or just a fluke?

Analysis

Two-thirds of your bullpen is doing great! But that other third...

Analysis

Well, it's not like a 1B platoon could hurt!

Analysis

The Job Squad goes .500 for the week!

Analysis

Well, at this point I feel confident in saying it can't get a lot worse.

Analysis

When Jarrod Washburn leads your rotation in ERA, it is clear that your team no longer exists in any sane universe.

Analysis

You've outscored your opponents by 80 runs through two weeks. So...things are going well.

Analysis

All-pitch, no-hit.

Analysis

Well, at least your pitchers are getting strikeouts.

Analysis

Top half of lineup: Good.
Bottom half of lineup: Bad.

Analysis

I feel like your team is the cockroach of the Super-League, in that you will never, ever die.

Analysis

Well, the Hideo Nomo experiment has worked out about as well as you'd expect.

Analysis

A lot of it is luck.

Analysis

Amazing that the team that habitually wins near a 100 games a seasons is cruising again, isn't it?

Analysis

Look at that Pythag...and then thank god for statistical variance.

Analysis

Things were going great right up until the Landers decided to snap your neck.

Analysis

Beat the Cultists this season. Do it for me, ForeverBWFC.

Analysis

Rich Aurilia is not going to make it as your starter.

Analysis

Let's hope you can keep up this pace.

Analysis

Show up already!

Standings

Pick 'em: Week 2 Results

Everybody has a price! Everybody's gonna pay! Because the Million Dollar Men...picked the Mercuries to win the Heavyweight Title.

Canton Catastrophes @ Jacksonville Jobbers
Million Dollar Men @ Tijuana Mules
Web 2.0 Bloggers @ Antarctica Unspecifieds
Harvard Elites @ Montreal Manatees

Intercontinental Title
Ryleh Cultists (c) @ Detroit Cougars

United States Title
Rockford Losers (c) @ Coburns

Heavyweight Title
Queens Mercuries @ Finger Lakes Phoenixes (c)

Million Dollar Men: 12 points
Doomsday Dervishes: 11 points
Omaha Forgettables: 11 points
Rockford Losers: 11 points
Chicago Bobbleheads: 10 points
Harvard Elites: 9 points
Lombard St. Gumshoes: 9 points
South Bolton Eazy W's: 9 points
Coburns: 8 points
Jacksonville Jobbers: 8 points
Montreal Manatees: 8 points
Robert_Deadford's Deadmen: 8 points
Burma Imperialists: 7 points
Cancun Tornados: 7 points
Canton Catastrophes: 7 points
CERN Colliders: 7 points
Detroit Cougars: 7 points
Luna Landers: 7 points
Menthol Mooses: 7 points
Ryleh Cultists: 7 points
Sad Pandas: 7 points
Antarctica Unspecifieds: 6 points
Idaho Potatoes: 6 points
Lovable Losers: 6 points
Patagonia Postmodernists: 6 points
Skyhawks/Wildcats: 6 points
Walney Rakers: 6 points
Barons: 5 points

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I'm so glad to join the ranks of the World Heavyweight Champions of the Super-League, putting me in the same leagues with such greats as David Arquette!

Senerio fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 9, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That is an entirely different belt and lineage. :spergin:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
NO! You're not taking the David Arquette thing away from me!
Smasher rename the WHC to the WCW Championship while I own it thanks in advance.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

How the gently caress did I manage to sweep the Gumshoes? Even I'm surprised!

But still, .500! Whoo! All aboard the Catastrophe Express! No tickets needed, just faith and prayer!

Speaking of faith and prayer, Thome clearly has neither. Mannywood Ramirez and Jim Thome switch spots in the lineup for next week. That should put Manny just ahead of McCovey and Thome just after him.

Edit:And once again, at earliest convenience, please punt Baerga to the minors and call up Omar to sit where he was. Omar's a better utility infielder, I think, since he can at least sometimes play 3B (badly) and SS (decently)

Edit the Second: gently caress it, let's make some Bullpen changes! Clemens to Short Relief, bump Julian Tavarez up to Closer to see if he can maintain his mythical pitching powers.

Let's make one bullpen change a week and see if it all works out.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 9, 2013

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Well, I'm content to ride with the changes I made yesterday and let them play out. We'll see what happens, and who knows? Maybe someone will get a great pitcher in a trade should things continue badly.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

vs RHP w/o DH
LF Hamilton
CF Speaker
1B Stargell
SS Banks
RF Snider
C Campanella
2B Steve
3B McGraw

Swap Drysdale and Halladay in the rotation.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Send down Riggs, summon the Chosen Dunn - minor tweak just to give me a left pinch hitter.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Oh good I see my plan of running a horrible no-dingers offense out and hoping it's buoyed by awesome pitching is working successfullWHAT THE gently caress

Doby to CF
Alou to LF
Mo Vaughn to DH
Felix and AJ Burnett switch roles

Switch Matt Williamseseses

CraigK fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 9, 2013

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

CraigK posted:

Oh good I see my plan of running a horrible no-dingers offense out and hoping it's buoyed by awesome pitching is working successfullWHAT THE gently caress

Doby to CF
Alou to LF
Mo Vaughn to DH

Switch Matt Williamseseses

Nowadays, when I see people making a poo poo-ton of panic changes after only two weeks, it gives a warm, almost nostalgic feeling...

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

CraigK posted:

Really, anytime that your thought process goes "You know what would help my team? A.J. Burnett pitching more!", it's time to get some serious help.

I guess what I'm saying is that it hurts me to see you destroy yourself like this, and I think we should have an intervention.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Really, anytime that your thought process goes "You know what would help my team? A.J. Burnett pitching more!", it's time to get some serious help.

I guess what I'm saying is that it hurts me to see you destroy yourself like this, and I think we should have an intervention.

Do you see anyone else good enough to start? I sure don't!

...Eh, you're right, I guess. Cliff Lee in Felix's place for a couple starts. He's done good work in spot starts.

And I'm not really benching anyone except for the woeful Bernie Williams to see what Mo Vaughn can do for me.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Sandberg in for Lazzeri
Lajoie seems to have 3B availability in '15, let's put him the for a week and see what hilarious things happen.

Lineup changes - swap Yount and Combs

Bullpen changes - Reuther to closer, Nen to setup, send down Johnson and bring up Reardon

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

theacox posted:

Sandberg in for Lazzeri
Lajoie seems to have 3B availability in '15, let's put him the for a week and see what hilarious things happen.

Lineup changes - swap Yount and Combs

Bullpen changes - Reuther to closer, Nen to setup, send down Johnson and bring up Reardon

Sandberg can play 3B as well - you may very well be better off putting Sandberg at 3B and Lajoie at 2B - I think your 'net defence' will be better than the other way around.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Ugh. I do have Nellie set instead of vidro, right? make Nellie starting 2b vs everyone.

Also, I think I know better, but does the def stat druns/150 mean Marty Marion is be 5 wins above average defensively this season? Or are defensive stats inherently untrustworthy?

And if not Warneke then who? Johnson? Cordero? Bradford? My pitching is still rear end^2.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!
Not sure what to think so far. On the one hand, being over .500 despite a relatively tough opening draw is a pleasing sight. On the other hand, I'm not naïve enough to believe any of my non-Tanana pitchers can keep up this level of performance for more than a week or so, and Mays/Foxx really need to start hitting.

In conclusion, stay the course for now.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

Pander posted:

Also, I think I know better, but does the def stat druns/150 mean Marty Marion is be 5 wins above average defensively this season? Or are defensive stats inherently untrustworthy?

I'm not sure 10 runs = a win holds I'm the SL run environment, and it is a small sample size, but if he continues at his current rate then yeah. He'll give it back with his bat. The game also doesn't normalize for your pitching staff, so if your staff generates a huge number of ground balls to short it can make a good shortstop look like the wizard. He is one of the nest defensive shortstops ever. Related note re: your pitching, isn't your stadium like Coors field high?

Archie Goodwin
Jan 2, 2012
Using intelligence guided by experience since 1934.

Awesome. Tanana back into the rotation for Pettitte. Send down Baines, Griffey takes over the strong half of the RF platoon, and I guess Kruk comes up to spit tobacco all over the dugout with Lenny.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Pick 'em

And, just a reminder, it's a long season, so don't give up just yet.

Pick the winner

Walney Rakers @ Harvard Elites

Patagonia Postmodernists @ CERN Colliders

Burma Imperialists @ Cancun Tornados

Arkansas Destroyers @ Canton Catastrophes

Title Defenses
can only change hands on a sweep!

Larkin-Downing and European Championships
South Bolton Eazy W's (c) @ Barons

United States Championship
Coburns @ Rockford Losers (c)

Heavyweight Championship
Queens Mercuries (c) @ Montreal Manatees

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!
Pick the winner

Title Defenses

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Harvard Elites

CERN Colliders

Burma Imperialists

Arkansas Destroyers

Champions to retain

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
The Jobbers win! The Jobbers win! The Jobbers win!

3-3 week, we're gonna stay the course for this week. Howard is on a short leash, so if Howard fails me again, it'll be time to put Killebrew in left field against right handed hitters and move Sheffield to DH. We will see what happens.

Pick 'em stuff.

Title Defenses

The Larkin-Downing can still change hands on a furious comeback, right? If that's still the case the Barons will win one with a comeback and take that title!

Heavyweight Championship

Armitage fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 9, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Pick the winner

Harvard Elites

CERN Colliders

Cancun Tornados

Arkansas Destroyers

Title Defenses

South Bolton Eazy W's (c)
Coburns
Queens Mercuries (c)

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Heavyweight Championship

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Pick the winner

Harvard Elites

CERN Colliders

Cancun Tornados

Arkansas Destroyers

Title Defenses

Barons

Rockford Losers (c)

Heavyweight Championship
Queens Mercuries (c)

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Elites, Postmodernists, Tornados, and Destroyers win.

W's, Losers, and Manatees are champions.

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

Pick 'Em

Title Defenses

Heavyweight Championship
Queens Mercuries (c) @ Montreal Manatees --Haha, yeaaah.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League IX, Pre-Week 3: Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit fur das Bruderliche Uber-Liga!

Injury Report

Luna Landers
Manny Ramirez (OF) (Dared show mercy to an enemy) - 14 days

Montreal Manatees
John Olerud (1B) (Habs Fever!) - 14 days

Queens Mercuries
Bobby Doerr (2B) (Not the worst thing in the world) - 14 days
Carl Yastrzemski (OF/1B) (The worst thing in the world) - Out for Season!

Tijuana Mules
Don Mattingly (1B) (Zetas ambush) - 36 days

Nolan Ryan really just had one very, very bad start that's caused his ERA to balloon like that. But Klein still needs to be replaced.

This game does not like Justin Verlander at all.

Looks like a bad defense is significantly undermining your pitchers.

Not even managing to average two steals a game, eh? How sad.

: Yoshida, what's on the docket today for the Hardcore Championship?
: Bloggers against Unicorns.
: Damnable Bloggers, either they're endlessly badgering me or they're absent completely. It honestly feels as though Mornacale is constantly finding new ways to antagonize me.

: Still, the Unicorns will do me a solid, and sweep the Bloggers.
: Looks like the Unicorns managed to win that last game despite Bender throwing a one hitter!
: Not a huge surprise, the Bloggers' defense is mess, and they're stacking a lot of deadball pitchers in their rotation. That is not a good combination.
: Looks like the Spooners are next up, and you have to figure that they'll actually win the Hardcore Championship one of these days...

: And that day is today! The Spooners win the Hardcore Championship, their first title of any kind, and the people of Oneida have to be thrilled because no person from that town has ever won anything at any time for any reason.
: That's true, Smasher?

: Well, it's Television Title time, and the Potatoes will challenge the reigning champion W's. I don't imagine this will be very competitive.

: Wait? The W's lost? The Potatoes actually won something? What the hell happened?
: Some Belorussian guys with guns broke into our locker room and threatened to disappear us if we didn't give up the Title. And Eastern European guys are scary, especially when they have guns and scars, and-
: Silence! Do you have any idea what you've done? Do you know who the Potatoes are going to defend the Television Title against first?
: The Cultists.
: What? Could you say that a bit louder?
: The Cultists.

: drat it! drat it! drat it! I try so hard to keep the Cultists down, and this is what happens? Oh, just loving fantastic! Now the Cultists have two titles! Just great! Update over!

Pick 'em

And, just a reminder, it's a long season, so don't give up just yet.

Pick the winner

Title Defenses

Heavyweight Championship

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pick 'em

Rakers
Colliders
Imperialists
Destroyers

Eazy W's
Losers
Mercuries

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Pick'em!

Games of the Week

Title Defenses

Heavyweight Championship

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Smith to 1B full time, DiMaggio to CF full time. Until Boggs is better, Pesky takes 2B. :suicide: I need a new CF.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Pick 'Em:

Rakers, Postmodernists, Tornadoes, Catastrophes

Titles:

All retain

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Pick 'em

Rakers, Colliders, Imperialists, Catastrophes.

All champions retain.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

This game hates Verlander, but it seems to love Jason Schmidt. Let's once again have Schmidt save the day in place of Verlander.

Pick 'em

Pick the winner

Title Defenses

Heavyweight Championship

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Thought your last update said that Moises Alou was the only option for me in right field. Guess I'll just make it official right now and put him in the lineup where Klein was. Anyways, time for the latest attempt for me to predict events in the future. Considering how well I've done so far, this probably will show everyone else which teams not to bet on.

Pick 'em

Pick the winner

Title Defenses

Heavyweight Championship

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Pick the winner

Title Defenses
All Champions retain!

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Holy poo poo, we have a title, what is this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bograt
Nov 4, 2009

MagNIFicent

Donnie! Noooooo!

Eh, just have Eddie Murray take over at 1B for now. It's what he's there for anyways.