Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Undertaker is a sith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Supreme Allah posted:

Undertaker is a sith.

I'm confused... does this make Rey Mysterio an Ewok or Yoda?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Flare_knight posted:

It's okay. It's a Stunt Grannie.

You want your grandmother to die like a little bird in some hospital room? Her skin so thin you can see her last heart beat work its way down her blue veins...

Or do you want her to meet Chuck Norris?

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Have there been any fart-based, fart-driven if you will, gimmicks before Natalya?

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
Speaking of Taker's powers, I always wondered since his Kane feud a couple years ago if anyone else (besides Kane) had ever had Undertaker's "powers". Like, has anyone else gotten their hands on Undertaker's urn and was able to do craxy poo poo with magic or something?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GB888 posted:

Speaking of Taker's powers, I always wondered since his Kane feud a couple years ago if anyone else (besides Kane) had ever had Undertaker's "powers". Like, has anyone else gotten their hands on Undertaker's urn and was able to do craxy poo poo with magic or something?

I think the gimmick was that Undertaker got his power from the urn, and the most a heel could do was steal it so that Undertaker lost his magical no-selling ability.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Kama did just that and had it melted into a necklace. No idea how Taker got it back after that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Taker got his powers from practice and hard work. He urned them.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

DeathChicken posted:

Kama did just that and had it melted into a necklace. No idea how Taker got it back after that.

Everyone just sort of forgot about it because it was getting too complicated.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I think Undertaker has demonstrated some degree of pyrokenisis as well.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

TL posted:

I think Undertaker has demonstrated some degree of pyrokenisis as well.

I wish I could find my old rag where Taker talks about what a calamity the Inferno match vs Kane turned out to be.

"Somehow nobody understood that having the ring on fire would suck all the oxygen away. We couldn't loving breath."

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Have there been any fart-based, fart-driven if you will, gimmicks before Natalya?

I remember Bastion Booger from when I was a kid, whose gimmick was that he was just really loving gross.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Supreme Allah posted:

I wish I could find my old rag where Taker talks about what a calamity the Inferno match vs Kane turned out to be.

"Somehow nobody understood that having the ring on fire would suck all the oxygen away. We couldn't loving breath."

And yet they continued doing them occasionally. Except last time it was MVP sucking all the charisma out of the arena.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Supreme Allah posted:

He talks about it on one of his WWE DVD's, and can't stop shaking his head at every moment. It's the same DVD where he points out that he shouldn't have let the ministry join with the corporation because as soon as you're in a stable with a McMahon they overshadow everything and it ceases to be about you. Thats a strange DVD considering the time frame it came out in, and how close Taker comes to breaking kayfabe.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What other DVDs genuinely break kayfabe? Obviously the CM Punk one does (I was really surprised how 'inside' Best in the World was, and I wonder what others in the business think of it), but since I haven't seen many of their DVDs in general I don't know where to look for more authentic glimpses into the industry.

\/\/\/Ah, Rise and Fall of ECW and the Monday Night Wars are two of the few DVDs I have seen. But they're both excellent.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 10, 2013

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.

sticklefifer posted:

What other DVDs genuinely break kayfabe? Obviously the CM Punk one does (I was really surprised how 'inside' Best in the World was, and I wonder what others in the business think of it), but since I haven't seen many of their DVDs in general I don't know where to look for more authentic glimpses into the industry.

The Rise and Fall of ECW does a pretty good job at breaking kayfabe, and is easily one of the top DVDs WWE has ever released.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The Bret Hart DVD is prety interesting for talking about the business, as is the Bret and Shawn one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Web Jew.0 posted:

Giving people visions, resistance to magic, and some kind of memory manipulation.

He also has the very specific ability to screw with Mark Henry's carefully put together video packages, though it's a power he is rarely called upon to demonstrate.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jerusalem posted:

He also has the very specific ability to screw with Mark Henry's carefully put together video packages, though it's a power he is rarely called upon to demonstrate.

Eh, he just knows a guy on that one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Neodoomium posted:

Eh, he just knows a guy on that one.

His good buddy Satan

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

This makes a lot more sense now.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hunter trying (poorly) to hide the incredulous look on his face after Shawn kicked Stan was the best part of that bit.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Disagree. The best part was that he immediately proceeded to superkick two more random hallway dudes.

That segment was great in every way.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

What was the context behind that again? Something with RAW being lawless without a GM?

Note: That's probably from some totally different thing that I imagined.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's actually better without context, but...

It was a Cyber Sunday PPV where the audience got to pick their special referee, and the following ensued:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/shawn-michaels-superkicks-everyone-in-his-path-to-prove-he-is-controversial-26052720

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

sticklefifer posted:

It was a Cyber Sunday PPV where the audience got to pick their special referee, and the following ensued:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/shawn-michaels-superkicks-everyone-in-his-path-to-prove-he-is-controversial-26052720

I must admit, I like the Related Playlists section:
"Shawn Michaels in The Rockers"
"Shawn Michaels in The '90s"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Was that the cybersunday that had the audience chose Roddy Piper and Ric Flair to team up and caused for Piper to discover he had cancer?

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:

sticklefifer posted:

Shawn and Hunter must love whenever the office says that it is time to have another DX skit. They can overact to their heart's content.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Manwithastick posted:

I wonder how these always masked wrestlers deal with airport security - does Rey unmask when he travels?

He gives them that sit on your face and push you down move and then runs like hell obviously.

Here's a question so I'm not being a horrible derailer, and it's even about masked wrestlers! Has there been any information that has come out on how the Mr. America angle was supposed to go after the lie detector test? Perhaps a Vince-Hogan match?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Good Listener posted:

He gives them that sit on your face and push you down move and then runs like hell obviously.

Here's a question so I'm not being a horrible derailer, and it's even about masked wrestlers! Has there been any information that has come out on how the Mr. America angle was supposed to go after the lie detector test? Perhaps a Vince-Hogan match?

I still want to know who played Mr. America. Also why would Hogan be facing Vince, he had nothing to do with that angle.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Forget Mr. America, we still dont know who played Hulk Machine.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Forget Mr. America, we still dont know who played Hulk Machine.

Or Giant Machine, for that matter. I mean, that guy could have given Andre a run for his money!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm reading about some title histories, and noticing that when WWE has unified a few titles along the way, for some reason they've gone with the one that has a lesser lineage. A particularly weird example is the Tag Team titles. They had just unified the World and WCW tag titles less than a year before they started up the WWE tag titles. Then when they unified the World and WWE belts, they went with the WWE titles which have far less history. Likewise the WHC title has no lineage to the WCW/Undisputed title, despite still using the Big Gold Belt design.

For a company that's so big on pointing out its rich history, why would they deliberately discontinue title belts with so much more lineage? It's not a proprietary thing; the World tag titles were WWWF original title belts and covered all the 80s WWF tag wars. It's not a case of "absorbing" lineage, because official title histories show them as being discontinued, and there's precedence for title revival: The US title was absorbed by and later split off again from the IC title while officially keeping its NWA/WCW lineage.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
The one that always got me was replacing the WWE Women's title with the Diva's title. The Women's title was the oldest title they had at that point.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

WWE Tag Team Champion is better branding and the Divas belt probably sold more toys.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Probably some sexism bullshit too, because the Women's title looked at least respectable, the diva's title is a loving toy.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

I'm reading about some title histories, and noticing that when WWE has unified a few titles along the way, for some reason they've gone with the one that has a lesser lineage. A particularly weird example is the Tag Team titles. They had just unified the World and WCW tag titles less than a year before they started up the WWE tag titles. Then when they unified the World and WWE belts, they went with the WWE titles which have far less history. Likewise the WHC title has no lineage to the WCW/Undisputed title, despite still using the Big Gold Belt design.

For a company that's so big on pointing out its rich history, why would they deliberately discontinue title belts with so much more lineage? It's not a proprietary thing; the World tag titles were WWWF original title belts and covered all the 80s WWF tag wars. It's not a case of "absorbing" lineage, because official title histories show them as being discontinued, and there's precedence for title revival: The US title was absorbed by and later split off again from the IC title while officially keeping its NWA/WCW lineage.

Well, the World Heavyweight Championship seems to depend on the mood of whoever's talking about it at the time as to whether its the same as the WCW title. Last I remember was Booker calling himself a six time World Heavyweight Champion and that would be 5 in WCW and 1 in WWE. It just generally seems to be the further we are from when WCW died, the more they will mention its link to the WCW title. I think I remember someone saying something about "Bischoff reinstating the WHC back in 2002" as opposed to creating it then.

But yeah I have no loving clue about the Tag titles or the Demeaning Pink Butterfly Belt.

achillesforever6 posted:

Probably some sexism bullshit too, because the Women's title looked at least respectable, the diva's title is a loving toy.
I will not rest until the nickname for the Diva's title is "The Demeaning Pink Butterfly Belt."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

sticklefifer posted:

If I'm not mistaken, they were using the NWA/WCW lineage for the World title between 2002 when it was handed to Triple H and 2004 when Benoit won it. After that, the lineage "started" when Eric Bischoff created the title in 2002.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Since it's coming up in the Twitter thread (I think...might be the Carnies thread), was there a real possibility of the Undertaker jumping to WCW way back when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

BlueArmyMan posted:

Since it's coming up in the Twitter thread (I think...might be the Carnies thread), was there a real possibility of the Undertaker jumping to WCW way back when?

I don't recall there being anything to it beyond Bret saying he would have gladly "rescued" Taker from the WWF at the time, right down to using a helicopter and rope ladder if that's what it took. :v: