Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Well it seems like the shades/mounts will be tradeable. Bit better for any powerlevelers wanting to pick up two mounts.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/19y2sd/new_players_powerlevel_for_prizes/c8scn8y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is the robot thing buyable, or do you need to pray you get lucky with the toolboxes?

I have more money then time so I'll just buy it if the former's the case but I really do want one if it's the latter. :ohdear:

By the way. When I last played TERA, I was pretty rich with a few thousand gold, but apparently the elite bug made massive gold inflation occur. Just how bad was it?

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Anatharon posted:

Is the robot thing buyable, or do you need to pray you get lucky with the toolboxes?

I have more money then time so I'll just buy it if the former's the case but I really do want one if it's the latter. :ohdear:

By the way. When I last played TERA, I was pretty rich with a few thousand gold, but apparently the elite bug made massive gold inflation occur. Just how bad was it?

Buyable from players for 15k for a single char, and perm versions through EMP is account wide only. I think as it stands, you'd get a perm char version for cheaper by selling EMP items for gold than if you bought the mount with EMP.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

Anatharon posted:

The elite bug doubled money dropped and quest turn in money so I doubt it was just that. There was an exploit with the strongbox keys too that made people very rich. It's the fact that there is no real outlet. Course this ain't so bad for me I have been able to make a decent amount of gold just spamming kelsaik's nest all the time. I will admit that place is boring as hell though.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
The last few weeks I felt like I was getting poorer and poorer despite making 1-2k per day with dailies.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
There is literally no gold sink in the game besides charms, refined alks (which come a shitload from strongboxes and drops) and probably a few small things I can't think of. Without masterwork alks being a goldsink, inflation is pretty bad. One of the other major causes might be strongbox keys giving out rubies and what not for further magical gold, but dailies probably create ten times that.

e: spellbinds were removed too, yeah.

e2: oh, right, elite not paying broker fees is also gigantic

Eigo fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Mar 10, 2013

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Who needs to actually level or do dungeons when the oldest tricks from headstart still work just fine today?

It's like throwing bloody meat into a pit full of ravenous pubbies, just keep throwing them in as needed and watch the show. :v:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Let us not consider the boring grind. Let us consider how to profit from it! Stockpile level 27 yellows?

Also here's a chart of how Regent pricing has changed

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai8Mvu-vhWUedFpRSElRZnFoaVZVdkFMWFJBWU04SWc&usp=sharing

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Carecat posted:

Let us not consider the boring grind. Let us consider how to profit from it! Stockpile level 27 yellows?

Also here's a chart of how Regent pricing has changed

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai8Mvu-vhWUedFpRSElRZnFoaVZVdkFMWFJBWU04SWc&usp=sharing

This chart is off, I've seen Sovereign axes listed for 45k just a couple days ago on broker and one guy (through non broker) was doing 35k the same day.

Acidian
Nov 24, 2006

Demicol posted:

I was asking just so I know which one to take, even if its only lvl 16 that's 16 levels I don't have to do.

Sounds good. Will have to wait for flipswitch to get on to get guild thing sorted.

For anyone on Fraya my pretty little aman lancer is called Antiera.

Been leveling with a friend in this game, and time flies so fast. We are just running around doing poo poo, then suddenly it's been 3 hours and we are 5 levels higher than when we started. It is pretty fun so far, but I got altitis like hell. Made worse by having only one character slot for alts, so I keep deleting and making new ones trying to decide which I like best. Also made a couple on different servers, but gameforge client crashes every time I switch server, so it's pretty annoying. Think I've spent 8 hours of doing newbie area and looking at youtube armor/combat videos to end up with a castanic priest at level 8. Still not sure if I should have gone with a (male/female) (aman/high elf/human) (warrior/slayer/archer/sorcerer/berserker/mystic) as my alt in stead.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Acidian posted:

Sounds good. Will have to wait for flipswitch to get on to get guild thing sorted.

For anyone on Fraya my pretty little aman lancer is called Antiera.

Been leveling with a friend in this game, and time flies so fast. We are just running around doing poo poo, then suddenly it's been 3 hours and we are 5 levels higher than when we started. It is pretty fun so far, but I got altitis like hell. Made worse by having only one character slot for alts, so I keep deleting and making new ones trying to decide which I like best. Also made a couple on different servers, but gameforge client crashes every time I switch server, so it's pretty annoying. Think I've spent 8 hours of doing newbie area and looking at youtube armor/combat videos to end up with a castanic priest at level 8. Still not sure if I should have gone with a (male/female) (aman/high elf/human) (warrior/slayer/archer/sorcerer/berserker/mystic) as my alt in stead.
Feeling this, I love the character creator and am struggling to focus on any one character at the moment with three simultaneously on the go and enjoying all three (Warrior, Lancer and Mystic).

For the EU Client guys/gals posting for a few pages back, we've got a very small group budding so it'd be cool for us to hook up and play. We're currently on the PVE server (Fraya) and we're all around the Lv.20-34 mark at the moment so no worries on people being ahead or behind levels, we can catch up or work together as a group to level people up.

My character names in-game are Lithé (my main) and Tsveka, PM either or apply to Shadowsun Syndicate guild and we can get together and get the ball rolling. :)

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I've got sort of a dilemma. My two main characters I play are a slayer and a berserker. The slayer is 34 and the berserker 50. But whichever one I play I find myself missing something from the other. The berserker seems to get the really big hits, it's got the survivability too with the vampire strike and blocking. But the slayer gets into such a nice chain of whomping dudes, especially now that I got the glyph that gives overhand strike a 50% chance to reset its cooldown. It's got the stuns and the dodging which I like too, reminds me of monster hunter.

What are the relative merits of each class at max level? Which am I better off sticking with, considering I like both. Right now it seems like the slayer doesn't put out quite as much damage as the berserker did at the slayer's level, but that could just be the psychological effect of seeing huge numbers.

edit: I do have a complaint with the berserker though, it seems like bosses are getting more and more prone to jumping all over the shop, so I wind up wasting a lot of charged up abilities when the boss jumps away. I'd do way more damage if the fuckers just sat still.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
I see your complaint and decided it's a mystic you really want to play since we only have one I think that doesn't login all that often.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Are you guys actually hurting for a Mystic? Because I'm one of those and I've pretty much been playing solo lately. Revered with every faction that matters and no PVE gear that isn't UTI (ew) stuff.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Seemenaked posted:

I see your complaint and decided it's a mystic you really want to play since we only have one I think that doesn't login all that often.

e: Nevermind, I'm not even lvl 60 yet.

Also, I posted on the guild forums.

Fixit fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 10, 2013

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

cougar cub posted:

Installer won't work because it incorrectly detects my cpu as being only 664mhz (my system meets the recommended requirements). Is there any other way to download the client or get around this?

I figured out a solution and thought I would post it here just in case someone else ran into the same problem. Once you register on the website you can grab a game download that doesn't use the 3rd party vendor.

This game rocks - really enjoying running around as a warrior and smashing faces.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I've got sort of a dilemma. My two main characters I play are a slayer and a berserker. The slayer is 34 and the berserker 50. But whichever one I play I find myself missing something from the other. The berserker seems to get the really big hits, it's got the survivability too with the vampire strike and blocking. But the slayer gets into such a nice chain of whomping dudes, especially now that I got the glyph that gives overhand strike a 50% chance to reset its cooldown. It's got the stuns and the dodging which I like too, reminds me of monster hunter.

What are the relative merits of each class at max level? Which am I better off sticking with, considering I like both. Right now it seems like the slayer doesn't put out quite as much damage as the berserker did at the slayer's level, but that could just be the psychological effect of seeing huge numbers.

edit: I do have a complaint with the berserker though, it seems like bosses are getting more and more prone to jumping all over the shop, so I wind up wasting a lot of charged up abilities when the boss jumps away. I'd do way more damage if the fuckers just sat still.

Berserkers may hit harder but they also take longer to charge up. Slayers do about the same DPS but they don't hit as hard but hit more often. This is more of a problem for berserkers in fights where the boss or you move around a lot and cannot charge up constantly. Slayers also have more stuns than berserkers do so they contribute more to a group. For end game dungeons, a lot of boss attacks cannot be blocked, not even for a lancer, and berserkers need to get out of the aoe but they don't have a roll dodge or a charging attack making it even harder to do dps and avoid in time. Berserkers give up a lot of utility for the damage that they have. Slayers are more common and their gear are more expensive.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

Slayers are the safer option for endgame dungeons. The mobility you get from charge and dodge rolls is a huge asset against the unblockable instakill AoEs some bosses throw at you. As a Berserker have to be very accurate with your attacks because they take such a long time to charge up, so missing even one makes a big difference in your damage output. Fortunately, your level 60 skill lets you cancel a charge at any time, go into a dodge roll (with invincibility frames), and 'store' the charged up damage for a few seconds, which is super helpful. All that said, both classes are viable for endgame PvE, it's just that berserkers are a bit harder to play in fights that require a lot of mobility and positioning.

Critting a Thunderstrike for 1 million+ damage totally makes up for all the drawbacks though.

Tensei fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 11, 2013

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Berserkers do actually have a rolling dodge, with a prerequisite of having a skill charging (so you're guaranteed to have at least ONE of those off cooldown) and it's pretty trivial to use, though the cooldown is long-ish (15 seconds iirc). You get it at 60 so it won't help you with leveling but it's pretty important in soloing bams and in multiple dungeons. I will agree that slayer is probably the stronger class of the two but i just can't warm up to their combat style and prefer my zerker. I know it's anecdotal but DGKK has more active zerkers then any other class and i believe it's because that's the dps class you just have the most fun as, so you play it more ;).

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

The berserker seems to get the really big hits, it's got the survivability too with the vampire strike and blocking.

Dodging is a good replacement for block once you get used to it, and you can glyph Overhand Strike to restore health. My zerker isn't a very high level, so I dunno how much health Vampiric Strike restores, but you use Overhand so often that you end up getting health back pretty quickly. If you want to go further, you can glyph Backhand Strike to restore health too (though you have to chain it to Fury Strike). It's nice having a skill that does decent damage along with a heal and a stun.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Slayers are better than zerkers with exception of targets that stand still and don't have things that are required to dash out of, which is far and few.

Getting knocked down with a full charge is a gigantic loss of DPS, a lot of hard mode monsters have unblockable attacks that are easier to dodge or dash out of which beserkers lack. Slayers can end up getting 600-700k crits for moves that take half a second to use, while zerkers do 1.2 mil with something that doesn't reset and takes ten times longer than the other. The overhand 3% life return and stuns slayer has also makes it a much better 1v1 against bams for soloing dungeons and so on, as zerks lack the ability to get behind them and keep it that way. (stagger almost never stuns)

Beserkers, however, are the funnest class. :colbert:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I just downloaded and started playing this. Time to see what it's like.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Yeah I got the glyph for overhand strike to restore health, but vampiric strike restores about 1/4 of my health so it's a good lump amount. Overhand strike's leech seems better for just keeping my health up while questing, it's not so good in a pinch.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

What about warrior grouping / end game PVE - can they do enough DPS to stay viable?

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

cougar cub posted:

What about warrior grouping / end game PVE - can they do enough DPS to stay viable?

I don't think anyone will complain about a dps warrior as long as he's able to not die to gimmicks in hard modes (whitch comes easyier to warriors then most classes).

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

cougar cub posted:

Their damage may not be the highest but they can still damage well. What people like warriors for is the debuff that boosts the group's DPS. By boosting other's DPS it outweighs your slightly lower DPS.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
http://synergyktera.wordpress.com/2013/03/07/new-armour-models-federation-update/ new armor models out in korea, for their faction pvp update

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
My awful, blurry, done at last minute in under an hour entry for my Tempest Reach guild which if anything has caused lesser skilled members to LEAVE THE GUILD because they can't see themselves progressing fast enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaipFuNqby8

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
Do racials matter much at all? I want to play a Popori Lancer because :britain: Pipe-Smoking British Bulldog Main Tank :britain: but the Amani racials look like they would fit the class better and I wouldn't have to start in the same zone as all the Elin. :gonk:

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?

Krakatoah posted:

Do racials matter much at all? I want to play a Popori Lancer because :britain: Pipe-Smoking British Bulldog Main Tank :britain: but the Amani racials look like they would fit the class better and I wouldn't have to start in the same zone as all the Elin. :gonk:

Nope, go for the looks. The starting zone is also the same for all races, so that doesn't matter either.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

Krakatoah posted:

Nope, the only thing that matters with races are some passive and like one or two active traits. The popori for instance, can swim faster than all the races.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Pollyzoid posted:

Nope, go for the looks. The starting zone is also the same for all races, so that doesn't matter either.

Notinghamington posted:

Nope, the only thing that matters with races are some passive and like one or two active traits. The popori for instance, can swim faster than all the races.

Well that's a bit of a relief, I may still go with Amani though because I can make him look like a gigantic rhinoceros and I can probably go on an Elin-Purging Rampage.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Seriously: picking races for racials are a Bad Idea, doubly so in this game where armors and animations look drastically different depending on the race/gender you chose. Some are awesome (male high elf slayers fix their hair inbetween slashes, the popori dodge), other annoy goons to no end. Watch the armor set previews, maybe a youtube video or two and choose wisely.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Do we know exactly whats in the Federation update? I tried translating the patch notes but it didn't say a lot and most of it was gibberish.

From what I read the Faction system is a large PVP zone with objects, guilds ally to one of the factions and there are quests and BAMs to fight. There should also be four raids... and some other stuff.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
All i know is that it's going to be three faction pvp (based on the three capital cities) where you fight over objectives such as capturing outposts etc. No idea on how much of it is going to be instanced or the player limit. The preview video on the blog i linked a couple posts up suggests npc guards, siege weapons and lag (guessing one is related to the other). However i'm happy with new instances and new armor models. The pvp content might end up decent but based on previous experiences of mass pvp in other mmos i'm not getting my hopes up too much. Also the first part of the patch rolled out march 5 in korea so I'm hoping it won't take too long for it to start trickling over here. I still have a decent chunk of content left to run, but some new stuff arriving in a month or two would be real nice for the game as whole.

Totalizator fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 11, 2013

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
So they've pretty much backtracked and made the powerleveling event wide open for everyone, with the requirement being "log in and level up!". No more robo-rider for hitting 60, instead you get 10 semi-enigmatic scrolls. And it doesn't look like you can get both scrolls/sleipnir.

No idea how current exiting 60s will work with the event, maybe you'll just get the top package auto?

tummler
Nov 17, 2012
The new event rules sorta confuse me. My slayer is currently at 53, and I'm wondering if I do push myself to 60 in the allotted time, will I only receive the level 60 reward crap? I want that mount. I'm wondering if I should just get to 59 and wait until the event is finished.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They made everyone qualify? Weird.

quote:

In order to participate in the event, you need to be active in the event duration from 3/12 to 3/25.

On March 26, we will check the highest level character under your account and you'll receive the appropriate rewards in the tier. Rewards don't stack, it only counts one highest level character per game account.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 12, 2013

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

quote:

TERA Heya! To answer a few of your event-related questions, first off, this is an NA only event.

Second: the way the event works is, if you log into TERA at any time during the event, you'll receive prizes for whatever level you're highest-level character is at the end of the event.

So, if you have a level 20 character, you don't have to start a new character to participate. Level that 20 up to 30 and you're in the game (so to speak)--you'll receive prizes in the lvl 30-39 tier.

If you have a level 58 toon and you log in once during the event, you'll receive prizes in the lvl 50-59 tier on March 26. But I encourage you to get that toon to 60, because those semi-enigma scrolls...whew!

Which brings me to this: prize tier for lvl 50-59 includes a Sleipnir mount. If your highest level char is 60 and you've logged in during the event, you're not going to get a mount. But don't fret! Those semi-enigma scrolls are incredibly valuable. Trust me, you want to ding 60 during this event, if you haven't already. That's your best prize tier.

xoxo

--Ozma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
So if you just log in with a lv.60 once, you get a bunch of semi-enigmatic scrolls?

• Locked thread