Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

niethan posted:

He lives off wheat grass shots

But he also goes to mc donalds for a cinnamon melt. I'm so confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Seth is facetious when he says he's going to check out a new disgusting indulgent food item, but not (I think) when he talks about a new TV show. I think one's eye for Seth facts becomes honed after listening to many episodes, and well, mine is quite formidable. :smug:

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

"Can we get shirts that say 'Tina Turner University'?"

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

a starwar betamax posted:

No, he finally reveals in ep 345 (or 344, not sure which) that everything he has said about his childhood was a fabrication. He actually grew up in Carrollton Texas, as it turns out. Oh and he's not really a vegan.

Woah, I don't remember this at all. Can anyone tell me where it actually is? And his mom totally had that Boston sound when she was on. My world is falling down around me here guys, help please.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
There's a reason you don't remember it.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Otaku Alpha Male posted:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but when does Seth claim to be vegan? Because in earlier episodes, he's mad in love with his toffifee. And in one episode, he teases j-dog with a twinkie.

In the beginning he was just a vegetarian but at some point he made the full transition. I can't point to a specific episode but Jonathan asked him something like "so, you're going the whole way now, huh?" when talking about Seth's eating habits. Since then he's talked multiple times about all the stuff he can't eat and he was definitely a lot more lax about it in the beginning. It's kinda ridiculous at this point.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 10, 2013

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
We should all remember that Seth's current TV used to belong to Tobey Maguire (probably)

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

In the beginning he was just a vegetarian but at some point he made the full transition. I can't point to a specific episode but Jonathan asked him something like "so, you're going the whole way now, huh?" when talking about Seth's eating habits. Since then he's talked multiple times about all the stuff he can't eat and he was definitely a lot more lax about it in the beginning. It's kinda ridiculous at this point.

If you call being a vegan ridiculous ???

I just want to know why he's a Cowboys fan if he's from Mass.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Only America's Team for America's Podcast

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

If anyone needs a reminder that Seth is an American American.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
He's eyeballing that drink.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

mcvey posted:

He's eyeballing that drink.

He spotted a lipstick mark on the empty glass

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Damo posted:

Another funny moment in episode 83 I think was how 2 fans wrote in talking about how they hate Seth's "1 fake horse name 1 real horse name" game. Now, gently caress them for thinking that segment is not funny, and I really hope it doesn't deter them from doing it in further episodes. However the spoof version of Seth's game they wrote to mock them was pretty drat funny. I agree with Seth, it's funny and only right that they get a little taste of their own medicine from time to time.

The only reoccurring segment that I don't like is Hip-Hop/Country Song of the Week. Every hip-hop song they read sounds the exact same and every country song they read sounds the exact same but maybe that's the point? I'll admit though, going through the older episodes it's funny to hear them read a song that actually went on to make a ton of money, doubly so if they poo poo on it in that episode.

This is 100x funnier due to Seth being there :laffo: Any idea who the lady is?

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Probably a fan at one of the live shows.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

a starwar betamax posted:

He spotted a lipstick mark on the empty glass

Holy poo poo

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Marvin_Gardens posted:

"Can we get shirts that say 'Tina Turner University'?"

Yo, Looking for two tickets for Tina Turner tonight. Can anyone help?

Holla back for a dope cock in your mouth.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

C-Euro posted:

The only reoccurring segment that I don't like is Hip-Hop/Country Song of the Week. Every hip-hop song they read sounds the exact same and every country song they read sounds the exact same but maybe that's the point? I'll admit though, going through the older episodes it's funny to hear them read a song that actually went on to make a ton of money, doubly so if they poo poo on it in that episode.

What I came to realize about hip hop/country song of the week is that, the premise presents these two genres like they're complete opposites, but when you stop and examine the lyrics, they have a lot in common. They're both about projecting a hyper-masculine image, getting girls, and doing drugs. Rappers are obsessed with lambos, country singers like pick-up trucks. Rappers drink lean, country singers drink moonshine. Etc etc.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

C-Euro posted:

It's Laura Darlington, wife of Daedalus, at his album release party. So good.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I swear to god episode 77 from minute 8 until about 13 (start of craigslist segment until beatnik craigslist poetry is done) is some of the funniest poo poo I've heard yet on UYD. That needs to be on Youtube. Someone other than me should really do that.

"Cum and run. Bears to the front. Afternoons are perfect. I'm a straight military man, freeballing and missing cocks from the base. Put me on my knees, shhhhh. Oh that's drat good. Don't bullshit me! Mmmmmm"

Starting around episode 73 or so the show has hit a high stride. The craigslist segment truly has elevated this podcast into something even more beautiful.

Binowru posted:

What I came to realize about hip hop/country song of the week is that, the premise presents these two genres like they're complete opposites, but when you stop and examine the lyrics, they have a lot in common. They're both about projecting a hyper-masculine image, getting girls, and doing drugs. Rappers are obsessed with lambos, country singers like pick-up trucks. Rappers drink lean, country singers drink moonshine. Etc etc.

I totally agree with this, and this is the main gist of the segment I think. One thing I personally enjoy about it is the slow breakdown of Jonathan's fake facade of respect for the country songs. Early on he's pretty chill and open and respectful about the country songs, but after hearing more and more of the same poo poo, by episode 70 or so he begins to just openly bash the country lyrics for all the stupid tropes and cliches. It gets doubly funny when Seth eventually sort of joins in and partly acknowledges Jon's distaste, and occasionally will read the country lyrics in a semi-stupid southerner voice, throwing in a few "derp-de dee"'s here and there.

Damo fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Mar 11, 2013

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

dvorak posted:

I just want to know why he's a Cowboys fan if he's from Mass.

He grew up during the late 70's/early 80's when the Cowboys earned the "America's Team" moniker, winning their 2nd Super Bowl in '77 and regularly finishing 1st in their division during the regular season. The Patriots, meanwhile, were going through a pretty rough patch with a lot of personnel turnover. I respect Seth's fandom and commitment. He picked his team when he was young and they were big, and he's stuck with them through the good times (early/mid 90's) and bad (the rest of it.)

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
At no point were they respectful of either genre's song. It's a goofy bit to make fun of said genre. Do you really think Seth gets down to "She's a Hottie" by Kobe Teeth?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Binowru posted:

Yeah, I picked up on that at some point too, but I guess the joke is just starting to get old on me. Koby Teith will never not be funny though.

E: Gotta buy Johnathan or Seth an account here with the username "Koby Teith"

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 11, 2013

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

CortezFantastic posted:

At no point were they respectful of either genre's song. It's a goofy bit to make fun of said genre. Do you really think Seth gets down to "She's a Hottie" by Kobe Teeth?

i think that jonathan really freaking loves ricky ross

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I can't believe Jonathan has been living in NYC the last few weeks and they are just doing the episodes over skype!

Also: why does the voicemail cut you off after 5 seconds? What gives!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"To me, it's Mike Madsen, hands down. I would let Michael Madsen cum in my mouth before I jerked off Tom Sizemore at arm's length with a gloved hand."

Kedzie
Dec 13, 2004

they all float down here
Is the podcast feed and website down for anyone else? Who should I blame for this, besides the man upstairs? And by the man upstairs, I mean my 30 year old former cell mate living in my senior citizen sugar daddy's attic.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Kedzie posted:

Is the podcast feed and website down for anyone else? Who should I blame for this, besides the man upstairs? And by the man upstairs, I mean my 30 year old former cell mate living in my senior citizen sugar daddy's attic.

Yeah, me too. Just ran out of the eps I had downloaded and went to grab another batch, no luck. Thanks a lot monsterweb.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Oh no, I only have one archived episode for tomorrow. :ohdear:

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I feel better knowing I'm not alone in my pain. Not much better though. Godspeed, monster web. Come back and deliver me more episodes.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

CortezFantastic posted:

I shouldn't have said respect, I meant more like patience. J just can't even stand listening through the lyrics anymore after a certain point. His patience to even go through with the country portion of the segment gets depleted in one funny episode around the 70s I believe.

And no, I didn't really think that Seth genuinely likes the country songs or anything like that, dunno where you got that idea from. It is pretty obvious starting the first episode that the dude just makes everything up either for comedic, storytelling, or evasive purposes. And if he is talking about some new thing in pop culture like a song or a product, it is likely to satirically point out how terrible it is. So yeah, I don't think he really wants to adopt a black grandson, either.

The Sundance though... I haven't decided about that. I so want to believe it's real. Has there even been confirmation about that?

Damo fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 12, 2013

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Damo posted:

The Sundance though... I haven't decided about that. I so want to believe it's real. Has there even been confirmation about that?

http://goo.gl/maps/CwOqU

RustyTrombone fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 12, 2013

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The 'dance is a car of sincerity.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

grvm posted:

I feel better knowing I'm not alone in my pain. Not much better though. Godspeed, monster web. Come back and deliver me more episodes.

I'll probably just listen to some Ohh No, Man in the meantime.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Gonna put on an ep of Downright Talkin with Schneer and Latterne.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Just be a crazy person like me and download every single episode and save the actual .mp3 files.

Nearly 20 GB of UYD :shepface:

VV I'm not using any sort of podcast auto-downloader like iTunes so maybe? Also I have the folder on my laptop and a copy of said folder on an external drive. So it's like double-dickUYD.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 12, 2013

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

C-Euro posted:

Just be a crazy person like me and download every single episode and save the actual .mp3 files.

Uhh... is that crazy?

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

C-Euro posted:

VV I'm not using any sort of podcast auto-downloader like iTunes so maybe? Also I have the folder on my laptop and a copy of said folder on an external drive. So it's like double-dickUYD.

Podfeed still has them working. Every episode is listed three times with two of them being down at the moment (so I guess they are linked to the uyd website) but one of them works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sobriquet
Jan 15, 2003

we're on an ice cream safari!
It took me a long time to believe that Amir exists.