Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terivinix
Feb 15, 2012

oldman posted:

My town has an abandoned campus as well, some buildings are still used by the county though. Yang Yang must have an amazing national rep to keep getting these sweetheart construction gigs.

This one I think I have heard of before, but was talked out of visiting a few years ago by an explorer living in Sokcho who I guess didn't want visitors. Is it still just sitting there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Arctic Baldwin posted:

If you are going to ask questions, dont get so loving pissy when someone answers them.

No, I am not in debt but I don't hire a maid because I don't want to.

I didn't ask any questions, except for the snarky rhetorical one.

I only got pissy because you got pissy. Don't hire a maid of course I don't mind, it's just a good thing to know about because they're so cheap here. Some people might find that useful.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

terivinix posted:

This one I think I have heard of before, but was talked out of visiting a few years ago by an explorer living in Sokcho who I guess didn't want visitors. Is it still just sitting there?

The campus is still there, and the gate is open during the day. You're free to walk around, most of the buildings are locked. The county has been using some of the space , which is nice.

erobadapazzi
Jul 23, 2007

oldman posted:

My town has an abandoned campus as well, some buildings are still used by the county though. Yang Yang must have an amazing national rep to keep getting these sweetheart construction gigs.

You live in Yangyang? I met my husband there. I have been missing Gangwon like crazy lately. :(

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I now have a 1-on-1 class with a student and the only thing we do is watch Heroes season 1 and he pauses it to ask me what certain things are when he can't understand them or he doesn't understand the meaning of an expression. Life is hard.

terivinix
Feb 15, 2012

Cameron posted:

I now have a 1-on-1 class with a student and the only thing we do is watch Heroes season 1 and he pauses it to ask me what certain things are when he can't understand them or he doesn't understand the meaning of an expression. Life is hard.

Heroes? How in the world did it end up being that show?

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
Once you get past that first season you'll be earning your money.

terivinix
Feb 15, 2012

joedevola posted:

Once you get past that first season you'll be earning your money.

The first season is the only one that didn't totally suck it. Other than the first couple episodes and the terrible finale. I don't know how that show ever got any amount of hype, especially compared to the earlier The 4400 and the later Alphas.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cameron posted:

You know, Id pay a korean like 30k to watch Running Man with me to explain why people go crazy about it.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

KirbyKhan posted:

You know, Id pay a korean like 30k to watch Running Man with me to explain why people go crazy about it.

WTF is wrong with you. Running man is one of the few legit entertaining Korean tv shows. I'll make you sit through a marathon at the Villa before you leave us.

Brimmy
Jan 13, 2006

"Never gonna give it up, Adrian."

terivinix posted:

The first season is the only one that didn't totally suck it. Other than the first couple episodes and the terrible finale. I don't know how that show ever got any amount of hype, especially compared to the earlier The 4400 and the later Alphas.

Because neither of those shows ever produced an episode like 'Company Man'. Heroes was mostly terrible but when it was on form (and it rarely was) it was far far superior to anything a similar show has ever produced.

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
What if we took the worst thread in Tourism & Travel (this one) and combined it with the worst subforum (TV IV)?

Let's talk about Korean influence on Walking Dead.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

THE LUMMOX posted:

What if we took the worst thread in Tourism & Travel (this one) and combined it with the worst subforum (TV IV)?

Let's talk about Korean influence on Walking Dead.

Already been done.

It's mostly just Jamesman being creepy though.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

erobadapazzi posted:

You live in Yangyang? I met my husband there. I have been missing Gangwon like crazy lately. :(

I am rather worried about moving back west to the metroplex, things are quiet and clean here. :(

gingersmurf
Feb 21, 2007

I am Nigeria's bitch.
I have a friend coming to visit and she loves fishing. Any information on chartering a boat for some deep sea fishing?

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

gingersmurf posted:

I have a friend coming to visit and she loves fishing. Any information on chartering a boat for some deep sea fishing?

Where are you located?

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Go to ITT or outdoor Rec? (Military tickets/tours agency thing, she's at Osan/Pyeongtaek)

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004
I went at Taean and it was awesome. We drove for like 2 hours from shore to some secret ground and they confiscated GPS etc. There were a tonne of small islands (even way out in the yellow sea) and it was basically like, drop line and reel it back up with a fish. Really cool. Coast guard stopped us several times to make sure we weren't Chinese. My trip was 100,000 but it was entirely organized by Korean people and everyone else was Korean and I don't even know the name so this post isn't very helpful. But it was fun as heck!!

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Hey bros, so the guy who lived in the apartment before me left a bunch of stuff, including around 30 books. Here's the list. I put prices in that file of what I'd like to get, but we can work things out?

There's also an older LG tv (23'? CRT), tv cart, desk, black/white wardrobe, rice cooker, purple hiking backpack.

I figure I'd let you guys have first go, then I'll post on the different flea market sites with most of the other things.

terivinix
Feb 15, 2012

AmbientParadox posted:

Hey bros, so the guy who lived in the apartment before me left a bunch of stuff, including around 30 books. Here's the list. I put prices in that file of what I'd like to get, but we can work things out?

There's also an older LG tv (23'? CRT), tv cart, desk, black/white wardrobe, rice cooker, purple hiking backpack.

I figure I'd let you guys have first go, then I'll post on the different flea market sites with most of the other things.

You're sure none of it belongs to the landlord?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

terivinix posted:

You're sure none of it belongs to the landlord?

100%. I cleared this all with the housing manager already.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If you're not fly fishing with an unbarbed fly you hand made than you are such a neanderthal. :v:

Seriouspost: fly fishing owns.

edit: I'll take 14, 18, 36, 42 and 50 on the book front.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 12, 2013

gingersmurf
Feb 21, 2007

I am Nigeria's bitch.

oldman posted:

Where are you located?

My location is not important; I can travel anywhere.

nullscan posted:

Go to ITT or outdoor Rec? (Military tickets/tours agency thing, she's at Osan/Pyeongtaek)

I don't care for organized trips or groups, but outdoor rec is a good idea for information. Thanks!

THE LUMMOX posted:

I went at Taean and it was awesome. We drove for like 2 hours from shore to some secret ground and they confiscated GPS etc. There were a tonne of small islands (even way out in the yellow sea) and it was basically like, drop line and reel it back up with a fish. Really cool. Coast guard stopped us several times to make sure we weren't Chinese. My trip was 100,000 but it was entirely organized by Korean people and everyone else was Korean and I don't even know the name so this post isn't very helpful. But it was fun as heck!!

This sounds awesome! How did you find it?

THE LUMMOX
Nov 29, 2004

gingersmurf posted:

This sounds awesome! How did you find it?

It was organized by a Kfriend's uncle. It was a group of 10 people on the boat (our group + another family) and it was 100,000 a person + gear rental (like ~30,000).

I can't say I'd recommend a similar experience for someone with mobility (knee?) problems or looking for an experience comparable to home. It wasn't comfortable or in any way classy like American sport fishing. It was soju from a plastic bottle at 5am and lunch that consisted of whole fish boiled with a head of kimchi fishing. There wasn't really anywhere to sit and it was 10+ hours on your feet rocking in a tiny boat with a 70cm high sidewall that you could easily tumble over.

You'll probably have better luck searching on base like nullscan recommended.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)
I need leads on a moving company for this Friday early afternoon from gangnam to wangsimni. I have quotes on 90k for two people, but they aren't very gentle. Anyone have anything comparable that they trust.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Not to be spamming this board, but here's an updated list of stuff I'm trying to get rid of

I'll add pics tonight

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I posted an ad on Dave's and good lordy do you get some responses. Some are legit, some are nice people, some are kinda sketchy and I got one troll. Really an interesting experience.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DontAskKant posted:

I need leads on a moving company for this Friday early afternoon from gangnam to wangsimni. I have quotes on 90k for two people, but they aren't very gentle. Anyone have anything comparable that they trust.

Tongin (텅인 maybe... Never saw the hangul) handles a lot of the military moves. They speak english and I love em to death. No price quote cuz I had US tax payers footing the bill on moving my bootleg dvds and lovely rug.

erobadapazzi
Jul 23, 2007
Are you selling stuff you admitted to getting for free?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

100% profit

e: Ambient, I will take all the vidja games if you can wait until after the 26th

poly and open-minded fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 13, 2013

nullscan
May 28, 2004

erobadapazzi posted:

Are you selling stuff you admitted to getting for free?

What, you some kind of pinko commie trash? You sure you're teaching on the right side of the border? :raise:

terivinix
Feb 15, 2012
So, the Korean government has made changes to the public nudity law, which basically is used to police Burberry men (ineffectively). The two changes:
-It's now okay to wear see-through clothes
-The punishment for public nudity has been reduced, but made simpler to administer. Now, if a pervert is caught by the cops, rather than hauling him in front of a judge, they can write him a 50 000 won fine on the spot.

Pretty basic. Then Hyori hears this, and tweets, "Penalty for excessive body exposure, is this true? I'm doomed."

The media, always interested in what celebrities are saying, begins spreading around that there's a new law that will give the government the power to punish you for what you wear. The law itself has the word 과도노출, which literally means "overexposure" rather than something like "public nudity," so it looks vague if you don't bother doing any research.

Now the government's trying to do damage control, while the media's reporting on a return to the Yushin Constitution and a limit being put in place to how short a miniskirt can be. Business Insider picked it up with a hilarious thought that South Korea is more freaked out by miniskirts than North Korea, proving that they don't know how unafraid the South is of the North.

http://www.businessinsider.com/south-korea-worried-about-short-skirts-north-korea-2013-3

Once again, K-pop fucks everything up.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
God forbid people actually are attracted to each other in this country.

terivinix
Feb 15, 2012

Cameron posted:

God forbid people actually are attracted to each other in this country.

What, do you think Korean schoolgirls should be attracted to creepy old ajeosshis in masks and trenchcoats with nothing underneath?

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Some appeared in my apartment, some was mine prior to the move. Do you expect me to just give away this stuff? That's loving stupid.

Arctic Baldwin posted:

100% profit

e: Ambient, I will take all the vidja games if you can wait until after the 26th

Rgr. Interested in the controller as well? I'll knock the price down by 1/2 on the controller.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

terivinix posted:

What, do you think Korean schoolgirls should be attracted to creepy old ajeosshis in masks and trenchcoats with nothing underneath?

Well it works for me.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

AmbientParadox posted:

Some appeared in my apartment, some was mine prior to the move. Do you expect me to just give away this stuff? That's loving stupid.

Rgr. Interested in the controller as well? I'll knock the price down by 1/2 on the controller.

Sure. I could always use a new one. Now that I have made an agreement it is a guarantee my xbox will break en route

Uber-Cake
Aug 31, 2001

terivinix posted:

Indecent exposure is the new "cool."

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I kinda doubt it, because a 50,000 won fine is definitely not going to stop the hordes of 바바리멘 currently plaguing the country. It reeks more like some part of a conservative agenda to make women into subhumans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terivinix
Feb 15, 2012

Cameron posted:

I kinda doubt it, because a 50,000 won fine is definitely not going to stop the hordes of 바바리멘 currently plaguing the country. It reeks more like some part of a conservative agenda to make women into subhumans.

Yes, it reeks of that, which is why the media is pouncing on it.

However, the only thing that has changed is that it's less complicated to give Burberry men a lighter punishment, and it's now legal to wear see-through clothes in public. No other changes have been introduced to the law. There are no Burberry women to be made into subhumans by this law, so I don't see why you think it targets women. It targets men who are perverts who flash their junk at young girls.

• Locked thread