Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
As overly indulgent parents, we've tried to get our kids to keep their legos in nice, orderly boxes; we've bought them multiple boxes to put legos in, put the shelves/cases together to put these boxes in, helped label said boxes, etc.

...and the bastards just dump them out anyway.

Organization is lost on the youth.

Still envious of that room, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dammit_Carl! posted:

As overly indulgent parents, we've tried to get our kids to keep their legos in nice, orderly boxes; we've bought them multiple boxes to put legos in, put the shelves/cases together to put these boxes in, helped label said boxes, etc.

The only proper way to play with Legos is to dump the all into a pile then build from the pile!

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Amusingly enough, that is the near exact impression I get from their faces when I say something like, "how in the hell do you have fun with that...that...pile? Why don't you pick it up a bit?"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Philip J Fry posted:

Oh, right, I didn't see it because it wasn't embedded. :sweatdrop:

The thumbnail gave away the joke, nerd.

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!

The Devil Tesla posted:

Yep! Diet coke is sweeter than regular coke (sweeter than pepsi actually), and new coke from the 1980s was actually diet coke with the artificial sweeteners replaced with corn syrup. Coke zero is regular coke with the corn syrup replaced by artificial sweeteners.

Of course, none of this poo poo actually matters. Coke zero only exists because dudes saw diet coke as feminine, so they introduced a new brand to market to dudes. The coke-cola company is a massively immoral corporate entity that religiously worships it's own brand to the point where you can get fired for bringing dunkin doughnuts to a meeting (for you see, most dunkins serve pepsi). It's a bizarre perversion of traditional ethical standards! :eng101:

In any sense drinking diet soda is still goony as gently caress because switching corn syrup for artificial sweater is an extremely lazy form of self improvement.
I never really thought of Diet Coke being sweeter than Coke, but I can see how others would think that. To me, they seem to be of different sorts of sweetness. Diet Coke seems to have a salty, seltzer-like taste that Coke and Coke Zero lack. Coke Zero actually tastes closer to Coke than Diet Coke (which makes sense), but doesn't have as strong of an acidic taste as Coke.

Also, switching Coke for Diet Coke for the sake of health isn't limited to goons.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I like the taste of diet coke more than coke

what have I done with my life

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Dammit_Carl! posted:

Still envious of that room, though.

Since I've worked at the Lego store, I'm trying to organize everything, but the 5-year old in me loves dumping the whole thing on the floor and wading through it.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Dammit_Carl! posted:

Amusingly enough, that is the near exact impression I get from their faces when I say something like, "how in the hell do you have fun with that...that...pile? Why don't you pick it up a bit?"

I had a system with labeled boxes when I was a kid. But some with mroe generic parts would run over and the lables were kinda misleading/pure text so it was annoying to find certain parts at times. I still totally loved to have it.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Pretty impressive game collection for a few squatters

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Wow, that's a hell of a layer. It looks like the sort of place I would have considered cool to hang out in when I was a kid and wanted a place to play Super Nintendo with friends. Is it basically just an alley that someone threw a roof over?

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Here's the full album: http://imgur.com/a/mjDmL?gallery

From here: http://archive.foolz.us/v/thread/174696905/

quote:

Hi again /v/,

I live in one of the oldest dormitories in Japan. Inside that dorm is one of the oldest, messiest and most exhaustively complete gaming rooms in Japan.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

youareoffthehook posted:

Since I've worked at the Lego store,
What have I been doing with my life?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Pretty obviously a parody, but it's still funny however you look at it.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 06:07 on Mar 20, 2013

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

e: im dumb

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SquadronROE posted:

Wow, that's a hell of a layer. It looks like the sort of place I would have considered cool to hang out in when I was a kid and wanted a place to play Super Nintendo with friends. Is it basically just an alley that someone threw a roof over?

It looks more like they're squatting some abandoned building or a corner of some block somewhere. I obviously don't know how this works in Asia, but from what I gather, in most of the world, abandoned buildings are basically up for grabs. If you start using an abandoned building and nobody tells you to get out, you start getting tenant rights of various kinds and they need to actually evict you.

It varies from place to place, but in some places you're considered to be using the building thanks to silent permission. Other places you can actually take ownership of a building if you've been using it long enough and the actual owner never gave a poo poo.

My guess is those dudes noticed this neat little abandoned storefront that nobody was using and just kind of set up shop. Alternately, they found this little office space that nobody was using and nobody would use as an actual office and offered the owner a pittance to use it to play games in. I've actually gone in with friends to do a similar thing and it's pretty rad.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SHAM BAM BAMINA posted:

Is that a bread crust sticking out of his collar?

EDIT: Didn't notice the rest of the slice sitting on his desk.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

SHAM BAM BAMINA posted:

Someone clearly drank a large amount of Arbor Mist. That's a long way to go for a joke..

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I like how there's a lighter in that picture but not even something as innocuous as a pack of smokes to use it on. Unless he's going to burn the Ayn Rand books.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I like how there's a lighter in that picture but not even something as innocuous as a pack of smokes to use it on. Unless he's going to burn the Ayn Rand books.

Lighting farts to burn down the system.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

My mind went 'Ayn Rand books, pills, empty baggies, condoms, whate- canadian money?! calling bullshit on that one'

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

The best part about that picture, to me, is the fact that he's showing off 40 whole dollars.

Randroids makin' bank :smug:

vv aw lame t:mad: vv

Suzuki Method has a new favorite as of 17:47 on Mar 21, 2013

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Preeeety sure those were from a FYAD IK contest, so it's all a joke.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

That's a sweet rear end coat though.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Definitely from an IK contest.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Song For The Deaf posted:

Definitely from an IK contest.

Whats an IK contest?

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Contest to choose an IK.

Herman Brood
Jan 30, 2006

What about the aluminum foil?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The foil is there to keep THEM from seeing his horde of wisdom. Obviously.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Like he's ever going to be using that condom!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I knew so many people in high school who had lighters because "FIRE!!!! Muahahahahaha! I'm crazy and evil!" They'd stand around and burn loving lighters for fun.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Isn't the foil and lighter a reference to fyads ironic heroin abuse?

gwaaargh
Jul 7, 2010

by XyloJW

jalopybrown posted:

ironic heroin abuse

This smack is literally the stupidest lmao *dies from chills*

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

He's going to burn that dirty fiat money because he put everything in Bitcoins.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

gwaaargh posted:

This smack is literally the stupidest lmao *dies from chills*

That stray X-Men amongst the avengers is irritating, ignoring the nerdiness of giving comics a shoplike display how would that even work? Would you just cycle out the older ones into longboxes or only keep your favorites on display?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

jalopybrown posted:

That stray X-Men amongst the avengers is irritating, ignoring the nerdiness of giving comics a shoplike display how would that even work? Would you just cycle out the older ones into longboxes or only keep your favorites on display?

I think that X-men comic is part of a crossover event that the others were in. And I think a better question is, how do you keep those comics from getting damaged or falling down.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

itotaku posted:

I think that X-men comic is part of a crossover event that the others were in. And I think a better question is, how do you keep those comics from getting damaged or falling down.

I didn't even notice the lack of mylar and boards, now it looks even dumber.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

jalopybrown posted:

I didn't even notice the lack of mylar and boards, now it looks even dumber.

"Look at me I am a comic book nerd! How do I keep care of my comics? I don't!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Having them shelved like that reminds me of the newest thing I've seen on pinterest on ever DIY board ever, rain gutter book shelves.

• Locked thread