Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Moon Potato posted:

I like to think that was a completely underwhelming response to this:

So like the Billy Possum, the Taft sequel to the Teddy Bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Anyone have the 'Death to Israel' reimagining of the 'Death is Certain' skull-grasping-wizard?

Pinto memo:

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 12, 2013

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Rebel Blob posted:

He's eating a Teddy Bear in the background! WTF?

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

LP97S posted:

Oh boy fasces chat, might as well post Hitler.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Accretionist posted:

Anyone have the 'Death to Israel' reimagining of the 'Death is Certain' skull-grasping-wizard?

No, but have a joke from the LF chat of that.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

It sucks that it costs 137 million dollars to destroy 49.5 million dollars worth of lives/property. If only government would let the free market work, we can surely get this to a profitable state.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Shilling for the pinto, itt:

wikipedia posted:

In a 1991 paper, The Myth of the Ford Pinto Case, for the Rutgers Law Review, Gary T. Schwartz said the case against the Pinto was not clear-cut.

According to his study, the number who died in Pinto rear-impact fires was well below the hundreds cited in contemporary news reports and closer to the 27 recorded by a limited National Highway Traffic Safety Administration database. Given the Pinto's production figures (over 2 million built), this was not substantially worse than typical for the time. Schwartz said that the car was no more fire-prone than other cars of the time, that its fatality rates were lower than comparably sized imported automobiles, and that the supposed "smoking gun" document that plaintiffs said demonstrated Ford's callousness in designing the Pinto was actually a document based on National Highway Traffic Safety Administration regulations about the value of a human life — rather than a document containing an assessment of Ford's potential tort liability. The Pinto Memo wasn't used or consulted internally by Ford, but rather was attached to a letter written to NHTSA about proposed regulation. When plaintiffs tried to use the memo in support of punitive damages, the trial judge ruled it inadmissible for that purpose (p. 1021, Schwartz study).

Today is the cum clave, and behind locked doors, old dudes in great hats are gonna start to decide on the next unfortunate old man to be labeled pope.

Apparently there's no clear favorite this time around, and it's expected that the cardinals will take longer to decide than they did in 2005 when Ratzinger, the favorite of the time, was chosen. This time, the main criteria is supposedly either someone with the ability to clean up after the last few years many scandals, or a charismatic leader that can speak to, and inspire the catholic flock, instead.

E; Also, police in Sweden ordered a bridge raised in a car chase last night, involving two suspects who committed the terrible crime of stealing gas from a gas station without paying for it. They drove right off the bridge and into the water, and weren't fished out until this morning. Whoops.

Bridge when 'raised':

The car:

To my scandinavian bromies out there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sybUHi1YzVU Black Debbath - Dødstraff Uansett Forbrytelse / Death Penalty Regardless of Crime

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 12, 2013

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Rebel Blob posted:

Exactly. That must have been a fun election to witness.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bohemian Nights posted:

E; Also, police in Sweden ordered a bridge raised in a car chase last night, involving two suspects who committed the terrible crime of stealing gas from a gas station without paying for it. They drove right off the bridge and into the water, and weren't fished out until this morning. Whoops.

Bridge when 'raised':

The car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sybUHi1YzVU Black Debbath - Dødstraff Uansett Forbrytelse / Death Penalty Regardless of Crime

Regardless of the political aspect of it, that's a pretty loving metal way to go out. Syrian statue of liberty.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

http://blog.archive.org/2013/03/05/bitcoin-to-cash-converter-box/

bondetamp
Aug 8, 2011

Could you have been born, Richardson? And not egg-hatched as I've always assumed? Did your mother hover over you, snaggle-toothed and doting as you now hover over me?
Corporal punishment

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bondetamp fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 12, 2013

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nolnet/sets/72157632975280782/with/8550071458/

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Bohemian Nights posted:

Shilling for the pinto, itt:

Today is the cum clave, and behind locked doors, old dudes in great hats are gonna start to decide on the next unfortunate old man to be labeled pope.

Apparently there's no clear favorite this time around, and it's expected that the cardinals will take longer to decide than they did in 2005 when Ratzinger, the favorite of the time, was chosen. This time, the main criteria is supposedly either someone with the ability to clean up after the last few years many scandals, or a charismatic leader that can speak to, and inspire the catholic flock, instead.

Bridge when 'raised':

The car:

To be fair, the thieves drove straight through a lowered boom, so it's not like they were chased straight over the edge with no warning.

The world's most important pipe.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Rupert Murdoch is on tumblr, for some reason.

"A birthday celebration for Rupert and Robert. Sadly, not one of those bottles of wine was cracked open. Back to work!"

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

A cardinal waits for the bus to bring him to the Vatican.

This is where the cardinals will eat during the conclave.

The ballot paper.

I kinda like the old paper (used until 1978) more, though.

The "room of tears", where the new pope will change his clothes

Pope John XXIII (1958-63) whose reaction to his election was said to be "...I need a drink." (in his case a bottle of cognac he had brought into the conclave)

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

What does this mean?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uY9E18lm68

An opponent of Minnesota Marriage equality speaks out with some craziness.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Happy birthday! :toot:

Though the cupcakes kind of look like they're from the local 7 Eleven store.

FIRE CURES BIGOTS
Aug 26, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dAYG7yJpBbQ&feature=related

Ballad of Bradley Manning

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

a foolish pianist posted:

What does this mean?

I think that's Samantha Cameron doing the baking, and Red Nose Day is part of a charity fundraiser for impoverished children. I don't know much about David Cameron booting people out of their houses, but it can't be good.

Content:

Edit: Let's not break everybody's tables.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

The context is Call Me Dave's good chums Gideon and IDS are busy putting the poors out of house and home, with Osbourne pushing a "spare bedroom" tax that screws over people who can't find a smaller house, and IDS putting the squeeze on housing benefit.

Pictured from right: David Cameron, Prime Minister, George "Gideon" Osbourne, Chancellor of the Exchequer, and Danny Alexander, Libdem toadie Chief Secretary to the Treasury.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Amiss
Mar 9, 2006

Pestilence is the new pink.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT3Px11xN-0

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

A sea of boringly dressed white people stretching to the horizon

No I don't know what are on the other corners.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Play posted:

A sea of boringly dressed white people stretching to the horizon

No I don't know what are on the other corners.

I'd say it looks like this:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I always thought the political spectrum should be more of a circle

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
We're beyond parody at this point.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

holy poo poo.

He grew up.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
He's actually the older son, behind Santorum's right shoulder in that classic shot.

This guy...

Rather than this guy...

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Joementum posted:

We're beyond parody at this point.

See, if Cory Booker become a Senator, this will stop happening, and that is unacceptable.

Hm, thought a bit more would change in the course of 33 years. Well, one thing did change, Saudi women now outnumber Saudi men in earning degrees despite their severe under representation in the work force.

Unlearning
May 7, 2011
Asset-based wealth in the UK

:v:

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

GD_American posted:

holy poo poo.

He grew up.

Here are the three kids you can see in the classic photo. The girl in the blue is Sarah Maria, the famous cryer.

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice

Earth fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 18, 2014

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Earth posted:

It's a bad day when I find a Santorum attractive. Quick! To the purging.

May they be like most kids and swerve hard away from their parent's ideology, or at least, show some sign of critical thinking skills.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hey, guess what time it is again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Photos of children from around the world with their most prized possessions

• Locked thread