Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendell
May 11, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

Oh yeah, XboxPants is definitely the kind of guy that I trust to find information and report it to me accurately. Where is the Ouya office, again??

Well don't worry too much, it's not like there will be any Ouya news after the first week. "IMPORTANT OUYA UPDATE: I turned mine on for the first time in months!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Thrill Kill wasn't rated AO, it just got shitcanned two weeks from release when Virgin Interactive got bought out.

Manhunt 2 was originally rated AO, and that was decent.

Thrill Kill wasn't AO? Huh, thats something new I've learned today.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:downsbravo:

I'm actually glad he is a shill, it makes me happy to believe that no one could actually show that level of cognitive dissonance, while not being Time-Cube levels of crazy

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Red_Mage posted:

hahahahaha

holy poo poo

you know how I made a joke a few pages back about Xboxpants working for that horrible OUYA journalism kickstarter?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ouya/comments/19oelb/ouya_radar_episode_2_tons_of_gameplay_of_our/c8pv0at

He actually does.

This hole just doesn't have a bottom :psyduck:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

No, this doesn't make him a shill. It just means he's used his weird Ouya obsession to get a position with some Ouya news site.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Red_Mage posted:

I will loving die laughing if that is the case. And then I will die laughing again when Xboxpants comes along to explain how, since they've now edited any claims that the case will be metal out of the kickstarter page, they only promised a case that looks metal, it was going to be poo poo plastic all along.

Watch as Julie just spray-paints them all with a can, clogging the air holes and getting paint on the circuit boards, making the FIREHAZARD explode after 5 minutes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

gschmidl posted:

Watch as Julie just spray-paints them all with a can, clogging the air holes and getting paint on the circuit boards, making the FIREHAZARD explode after 5 minutes.

That was her plan all along. Each SPRAYOU will come with a thumb tack button labeled "Root" to help you unclog the vents.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Isn't this just the natural conclusion of the BOOYA obsessed shill(or any obsessed shill, really)? Make some crappy news site, spam your links everywhere and whatnot? The kickstarter is just the icing on the cake.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Please don't turn this thread into an internet detective crusade. The link's already posted but let's leave it at that.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Red_Mage posted:

hahahahaha

holy poo poo

you know how I made a joke a few pages back about Xboxpants working for that horrible OUYA journalism kickstarter?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ouya/comments/19oelb/ouya_radar_episode_2_tons_of_gameplay_of_our/c8pv0at

He actually does.

Greetings from the goldmine (x2)

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.

Red_Mage posted:

hahahahaha

holy poo poo

He actually does.
Wow LEONBUDDpants, you fail as both a shill and a journalist. But you should pursue a career as a humorist, you're doing pretty well on this front!

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

Louisgod posted:

Please don't turn this thread into an internet detective crusade. The link's already posted but let's leave it at that.

Sure thing. Xboxpant's reddit all posts thing was on the front page when I searched for ouya metal case on google so I figured it wouldn't be a thing to mention it. Sorry for helldumpin.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Oh hi everyone. Even though I am financially invested in the future of this console, I am able to step back and be objective about it. The rest of you, of course, are ignorant and arrogant.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Just make like the British media and argue it's in the public interest.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I don't know how well the Ouya will work as a game console, but as an entertainment device it's been invaluable.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So based on the last ten pages, when the ship date comes, I'm expecting something like Weekend at Leon Budd's.

Where XboxPants tries to justify that everything works and there's at least one truly fun game when everything is pure poo poo and newgrounds quality, and the store doesn't work properly half the time.

LEON BUDD is DOA and they will not be able to build their way up from that.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Red_Mage posted:

hahahahaha

holy poo poo

He actually does.

Just when you think this thread can't get any more hilarious, Xboxpants somehow finds a way to make it happen.

Do we still have no recording of the SXSWi interview?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Leyburn posted:

Just when you think this thread can't get any more hilarious, Xboxpants somehow finds a way to make it happen.

Do we still have no recording of the SXSWi interview?

We don't have the interview, but we do have...whatever this is...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRTO5qF2aJE

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

raditts posted:

Video

Well, that's certainly money well spent on advertising. Was this played at the start of the interview?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

raditts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRTO5qF2aJE

Everything about OUYA is incredible. I now see the light.

Dec 26, 2012

This thread manages to outdo itself every time I check it.

raditts posted:

I don't know how well the Ouya will work as a game console, but as an entertainment device it's been invaluable.

I've certainly gotten my money's worth.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
You're pretty naive and dumb if you're even remotely surprised that xboxpants is a shill. This is a very heavily trafficked forum which even has a built in audience/membership of game designers and has a lot of crossover with other big gaming nexuses and fifteen bucks (plus avatar) isn't even worth writing down on the balance sheet of a PR budget and if you're a CM trying to stir the pot you're really kind of dumb for not maintaining an account here.

It's just that other shills on SA have a little more grace, a little more subtlety, a little more brains and savvy, maybe they even ask the mods to shill openly and maybe the mods even oblige them, whatever. On a forum this big you're going to get shills. Xboxpants isn't worth mocking for being a shill. He's worth mocking for being really really stupid and bad at his job which is also a terrible job and he should probably find slightly more honest work that gives something back to the community like selling drugs.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Or you know, you could be someone really awesome like AmazonTony. Sure, he shows off more sales (which means Amazon gets more money from us) but he actually communicates with us on a professional level and relays questions to the relevant people behind certain sales.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I can't be the only one who thinks XboxPants isn't a shill, but just someone overly invested in this stupid console (and maybe a bit autistic)? From the past thread and this thread it's been blatantly obvious that the OUYA is a horrible idea and exists to be mocked. I don't think anything XboxPants has ever posted has ever won over any customers. If he was some kind of shill for some company, then I think someone would have told him to shut up by now because all he does is make the OUYA more laugh-worthy.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
XboxPants is a man who desperately wants to be a shill but no one will have him.

CousinKevin
Oct 16, 2012

Ever since they worked on that project together, her life turned around and became more exciting.
Where can I buy a pair of XboxPants? Will they give me similar powers to that of XboxPants?

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

Barudak posted:

Thrill Kill wasn't AO? Huh, thats something new I've learned today.

I looked this up because it was interesting. The version of thrill kill showed to the ESRB got an AO rating as far as I can tell, but was then cancelled for financial reasons. The engine was reused to make the WU-Tang fighting game, which I think came with the best controller ever.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Red_Mage posted:

I looked this up because it was interesting. The version of thrill kill showed to the ESRB got an AO rating as far as I can tell, but was then cancelled for financial reasons. The engine was reused to make the WU-Tang fighting game, which I think came with the best controller ever.

So it came with the OUYA controller?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Install Gentoo posted:

XboxPants is a man who desperately wants to be a shill but no one will have him.

That's really too bad. Thankfully in this modern age, you can crowd fund your shilling on Kickstarter.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

CousinKevin posted:

Where can I buy a pair of XboxPants? Will they give me similar powers to that of XboxPants?

10 free pairs with every Xbox Live avatar!

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

So it came with the OUYA controller?

If this:

Was the OUYA controller, I'd have bought 5.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

Or you know, you could be someone really awesome like AmazonTony. Sure, he shows off more sales (which means Amazon gets more money from us) but he actually communicates with us on a professional level and relays questions to the relevant people behind certain sales.

Perfect example, yeah! Shilling is not necessarily a bad thing when it's done right. You reminded me just now I have some Amazon gift card cash, and AmazonTony will probably help liberate some of it from my account. There's a shill that Does A Job of Work.

Clocks posted:

I can't be the only one who thinks XboxPants isn't a shill, but just someone overly invested in this stupid console (and maybe a bit autistic)? From the past thread and this thread it's been blatantly obvious that the OUYA is a horrible idea and exists to be mocked. I don't think anything XboxPants has ever posted has ever won over any customers. If he was some kind of shill for some company, then I think someone would have told him to shut up by now because all he does is make the OUYA more laugh-worthy.

Shill aspirant with a kickstarter is close enough for funk in my books.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Clocks posted:

Install Gentoo posted:

This is what makes Xboxpants the most perfect shill possible for Ouya whether he is paid or not. He is the very personification of the product.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Red_Mage posted:

I seriously remember it getting advertised as an M. PSM even had a full review and moves list the issue when it was supposed to come out.

Could have been a combination of both though honestly if the ESRB re-classified it, new publisher and an upped rating right at the end totally explains why it was axed so close to coming out. It's really easy to find the final release copy now though and it wasn't very good anyway.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Red_Mage posted:

If this:

Was the OUYA controller, I'd have bought 5.

Is that ... a Wu-Tang controller?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

EDITED OUT:
[The shocking truth about XboxPants]

He's revealed as a shill, moving on.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 12, 2013

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
The GABAGOOL CREATE game jam has produced some really nice looking games, and it's actually looking pretty decent now that there are more games than just babby's first unity platformer, android ports, and f2p shovelware.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

pssst....this is exactly what we were trying not to do.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Hatbox Ghost posted:

The GABAGOOL CREATE game jam has produced some really nice looking games...
I'll stop ya right there. They're not really games unless they're finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

JazzFlight posted:

They're not really games unless they're finished.

Yes they are.

• Locked thread