Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Marogareh posted:

Looks like they fixed the evil smasher glitch too. Gonna be a pain in the rear end to get crystals now.

Are you kidding me?

Still works for me on PS3! Don't scare people like that!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I'm sitting at 307 Infinity stacks so it's not fixed.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

What the... I was doing random quests in the Highlands and regular mobs and even trash piles started dropping legendaries. Chests had lots of eridium weapons. I left my PS3 on for now, but in an hour I picked up about 30 legendaries and eridiums from just random drops.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Speaking of legendaries, I have read some people having issues with their drop rates, but I am wondering if there's anything I can do to influence it in anyway. I have played through both the story mode and TVHM mode, and I have only ever gotten two legendaries. It took me about an hour to farm Hellquist to drop the Bee Shield, and I have spent two hours farming BNK3R without getting anything, so I got bored and quit. I want to keep playing and enjoying this game, but it makes me feel kinda silly and like I am wasting my time when I have to farm a boss for hours just to get a dumb gun/shield/relic/whatever. Does having the expansions help at all?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Well that was loving awesome. Unfortunately I ran out of room in storage and couldn't carry or transfer anymore items, but I got so many drat things I don't think I could want anything else. Off the top of my head I found:

Hellfire
Volcano
Hammer Buster
Bitch
Baby Maker
Slagga
Maggie
Transformer shield
Grounded Bee
countless orange grenade mods
Kerblaster
Flakker
Legendary mods for all characters
Infinite
White Death
Veruc

Had to leave a ton of good poo poo on the ground as well :(

edit: Terramorphus was making GBS threads out 5 legendaries per kill

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I should have worked from home this morning. I could have all manner of level 30 legendaries right now!

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Did they fix the bank glitch?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Could anyone please put a PBFG aside if they win out with this crazy hotfix treasure glitch??

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Jake Blues posted:

Could anyone please put a PBFG aside if they win out with this crazy hotfix treasure glitch??
Apparently it's been fixed, but technically it should still be going for anyone who got the weird hotfix where it broke the drop rate.

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

I've remained offline but it seems to have stopped working for me :(

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Abiggoat posted:

I've remained offline but it seems to have stopped working for me :(

At least you got a good haul out of it.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Really upset that I missed it

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Managed to get in a public game at the warrior in pt1 and grabbed a couple of bitches, a shredifier, and a madhous.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Twin Cinema posted:

Speaking of legendaries, I have read some people having issues with their drop rates, but I am wondering if there's anything I can do to influence it in anyway. I have played through both the story mode and TVHM mode, and I have only ever gotten two legendaries. It took me about an hour to farm Hellquist to drop the Bee Shield, and I have spent two hours farming BNK3R without getting anything, so I got bored and quit. I want to keep playing and enjoying this game, but it makes me feel kinda silly and like I am wasting my time when I have to farm a boss for hours just to get a dumb gun/shield/relic/whatever. Does having the expansions help at all?

You can't do anything to change drop rates. The Vault Hunter's relic that came with preorders doesn't do poo poo either, even though it says 5% rare loot increase, you just get blues more often.

Basically spend hours farming or get a guy up to level 50 and start begging for people to barf their orange collection into your game.

I guess you could get the Pirate's Booty DLC and leave the last treasure room quest open so you can keep glitching into it until you get bored. There's like 12-15 chests in there and you're usually bound to find at least one thing worth keeping.

edit: playing with other people to increase drop rates doesn't really work as advertised either.

The Duke fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 13, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

2 things regarding e-Tech:

1) Did anyone think to get a blASSter or PRAZMA CANNON during the Lootacolypse? Those things are my white whales.

2) During a bug hunt in the caustic caverns last night, me and some other goons/not goons came across not one but TWO untyped damage e-Tech dartguns. Those are fairly uncommon, yes?

Also, Seneschal: I'm central timezone and I usually need to have things wrapped up around midnight here. We can try for weeknights when the stars are right, but are you free on the weekends?

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Also, Seneschal: I'm central timezone and I usually need to have things wrapped up around midnight here. We can try for weeknights when the stars are right, but are you free on the weekends?

It's really a matter of when my kid sleeps. Sometimes he's even in bed by 9, but usually it's later. He hates sleep. I'l try to get on tonight and respec for non-melee.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Kinda disappointed I missed out, but at least I got a Conference Call when I finished PT1 with my Gunzerker!... level 30 Conference Call... :negative:

the ES Glitch seems to still be working though, but I think they made the Raid Bosses harder. I tried to farm Voracidous for Oranges to see if the drop bonanza was still going and he murdered the poo poo out of me a few times. I figured those guys would be making GBS threads Oranges if the fun was still going on.

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 13, 2013

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

2 things regarding e-Tech:

1) Did anyone think to get a blASSter or PRAZMA CANNON during the Lootacolypse? Those things are my white whales.

You on ps3? I just got a PRAZMA CANNON (shock) from the treasure room, but it's a bit underwhelming tbh. I also got topneaas of every element farming for it :getin:

edit: If any one wants a topneaa let me know (psn: burnt-pork)

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Kinda gutted that I never got my Bitch. Not entirely sure why it would've updated when the cable wasn't plugged in, but I can't complain too much I guess!

I got the guns two of you were after at least. I'll try and give them to you directly, but being a UK goon means I probably won't be on at the same time as you so they may come via Flex

Abiggoat fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 13, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

burntpork posted:

You on ps3? I just got a PRAZMA CANNON (shock) from the treasure room, but it's a bit underwhelming tbh. I also got topneaas of every element farming for it :getin:
Thanks, but I'm on the 360. Also, did you notice that the 3 energy spheres drop teeny little spheres across their arc? All the Bandit e-Tech stuff that's not a pistol deviates a bit from the usual.

Abiggoat posted:

Kinda gutted that I never got my Bitch. Not entirely sure why it would've when the cable wasn't plugged in, but I can't complain too much I guess!

I got the guns two of you were after at least. I'll try and give them to you directly, but being a UK goon means I probably won't be on at the same time as you so they may come via Flex
What level do you want? I'm sure someone here will be able to get you one eventually; I'll be getting off a little earlier than usual, so I might see you online every once in a while. I'll drop an invite.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

Thanks, but I'm on the 360. Also, did you notice that the 3 energy spheres drop teeny little spheres across their arc? All the Bandit e-Tech stuff that's not a pistol deviates a bit from the usual.

They drop the bonus orbs, but you really need to shoot it in a high arc to get more than 3 to show up. I wouldn't really use it for enemies in short/medium range since the extra orbs will just hit the ground.

Most the e-tech bandit weapons are lackluster. Homering darts never hit what you want, casters are only nice if you're a mechro since the bullets naturally ricochet, and BlASSter accuracy /damage is pretty low too.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 13, 2013

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Abiggoat posted:

Kinda gutted that I never got my Bitch. Not entirely sure why it would've when the cable wasn't plugged in, but I can't complain too much I guess!

Which guns were those? (Please say madhous)

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Fibby Boy posted:

Which guns were those? (Please say madhous)

I managed to grab 3 of them for you before it stopped. Two with no elemental effect, one with slag. I wanted to grab one of each kind but that didn't work out. Sorry dude.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Abiggoat posted:

I managed to grab 3 of them for you before it stopped. Two with no elemental effect, one with slag. I wanted to grab one of each kind but that didn't work out. Sorry dude.

I'm perfectly happy with any of them. Send me a request (offshoretoast) and I'll get on when I can.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

burntpork posted:

They drop the bonus orbs, but you really need to shoot it in a high arc to get more than 3 to show up. I wouldn't really use it for enemies in short/medium range since the extra orbs will just hit the ground.

Most the e-tech bandit weapons are lackluster. Homering darts never hit what you want, casters are only nice if you're a mechro since the bullets naturally ricochet, and BlASSter accuracy /damage is pretty low too.
You have totally missed the charm of Bandit e-Tech crap [Spending an entire minute trying to kill one Psycho and killing everything but said Psycho by way of stray ricocheting energy bursts].

You don't play a Gunzerker, do you? :colbert:

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

You have totally missed the charm of Bandit e-Tech crap [Spending an entire minute trying to kill one Psycho and killing everything but said Psycho by way of stray ricocheting energy bursts].

I'm trying to remember if I've ever found a Bandit weapon I liked. Never seen a level 50 gold of theirs. I think I had a really awesome rocket launcher once from them at an earlier level.

Mostly I love Vladof and Maliwan although I will never ever toss out my Confrence Call, because I have a bee shield.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Father Wendigo posted:

haha, yeah, I spent most (ALL) of my time playing with my mechromancer. My only concern is watching delicious blue numbers above enemies' heads and how not to gently caress up my anarchy stacks. You'd think I'd at least like the bandit caster, but why use it when there's a perfectly good Tattler in my inventory? (4440x3 per 1 shot :getin:)

Seneschal posted:

I'm trying to remember if I've ever found a Bandit weapon I liked. Never seen a level 50 gold of theirs. I think I had a really awesome rocket launcher once from them at an earlier level.

Maybe you're thinking of the Badaboom. It's a great rocket launcher since it uses only 1 ammo per shot and at least 6 ammo capacity.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 13, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Yo Wendigo, what's your gamertag?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

Yo Wendigo, what's your gamertag?
Same as my username here (even the space). And yours? And are you still looking for that Cobra?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I duped him the one that was duped for me.

Delpheye's Cobra is getting gloriously duped all over this thread.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

That's the best thing that could possibly happen with it. I still use it on my soldier simply because it's a no bullshit, massive damage sniper rifle. It doesn't fire as fast as White Death, but it kills things really well. I wanna see an assassin with b0re shoot hyperius with it.

diablos666
Oct 25, 2007
Only slightly deranged...
I lost count of how many legendaries I got yesterday. Got a load I'm happy to give away. Got 2 Neogenators, the Transformer, a Skullmasher, Baby Maker, melee blade Infinity, Hammer Buster, a Legendary Hunter mod etc

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

diablos666 posted:

I lost count of how many legendaries I got yesterday. Got a load I'm happy to give away. Got 2 Neogenators, the Transformer, a Skullmasher, Baby Maker, melee blade Infinity, Hammer Buster, a Legendary Hunter mod etc

On PS3? I'd love a Neogenator and Skullmasher... If someone will explain me how to dupe (in detail, I'm real afraid to gently caress up my save or something, all the online tutorials say "Quit to dashboard IMMEDIATELY after trading" or similar, which sounds scary). I have a bunch of oranges I can throw back!

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 13, 2013

diablos666
Oct 25, 2007
Only slightly deranged...
On Xbox 360 I'm afraid.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Greenplastic posted:

On PS3? I'd love a Neogenator and Skullmasher... If someone will explain me how to dupe (in detail, I'm real afraid to gently caress up my save or something, all the online tutorials say "Quit to dashboard IMMEDIATELY after trading" or similar, which sounds scary). I have a bunch of oranges I can throw back!

To dupe without f'n over your character, drop all the items you want to dupe, away from any area that will save (I tend to do it in the center of Sanctuary). Hold the PS Button to bring up the Impose Menu and select "Quit Game". This will force the game to shutdown without it saving. When you re-launch the title and your character, all the weapons/loot that you previously dropped will still be there.

Should be noted that the above scenario is if you are joining someone else's game.

MoreMetalBrian fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 13, 2013

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Abiggoat posted:

Kinda gutted that I never got my Bitch. Not entirely sure why it would've updated when the cable wasn't plugged in, but I can't complain too much I guess!

No problem, man. I can totally be your proxy weapon delivery guy.

Also, I'll be on later this afternoon, would anyone be able to help me kill Leviathan? Trying to do it solo in TVHM as a 37 Commando is ridiculously hard.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

MoreMetalBrian posted:

To dupe without f'n over your character, drop all the items you want to dupe, away from any area that will save (I tend to do it in the center of Sanctuary). Hold the PS Button to bring up the Impose Menu and select "Quit Game". This will force the game to shutdown without it saving. When you re-launch the title and your character, all the weapons/loot that you previously dropped will still be there.

Should be noted that the above scenario is if you are joining someone else's game.

Thanks man, you did what 15 youtube videos and duping guides could not: Explain it clearly and succinctly.

diablos666 posted:

On Xbox 360 I'm afraid.

Damnit! Ah well, it's the thought that counts ey?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I finally started on the Captain Scarlett DLC last night, and holy poo poo those Anchormen are ridiculously powerful assholes. If I understand the recent chatter, I shouldn't finish the last mission so I can get into the treasure room for bonus weapons? I'm about one or two away from finishing it, so I don't want to make the mistake and close off my options.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Has anyone grouped up with people after the hotfix yesterday? Last night, I was hosting a session (on 360) and my buddy was having some weird issues. Cinematics not playing, doors not appearing as open (though he could walk through them), enemies not appearing and items not dropping. He bounced out, jumped back in, and everything returned to normal for a couple map transitions. Then it started again.

He left the session and jumped back in, after dashboarding. When he attempted to re-join my game, he was stuck at a save station with no HUD and couldn't move.

Just wondering if anyone else here as seen something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Jake Blues posted:

I finally started on the Captain Scarlett DLC last night, and holy poo poo those Anchormen are ridiculously powerful assholes. If I understand the recent chatter, I shouldn't finish the last mission so I can get into the treasure room for bonus weapons? I'm about one or two away from finishing it, so I don't want to make the mistake and close off my options.

Under 'normal' play you get two chances at the final mission (and the treasure room). This includes EVERYTHING in the final including the bosses and such, which is nice if you want some more of the drops I guess? After those two times that's supposed to be IT, no more getting into the treasure room, except...

There's a way to glitch into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mq70C6WLtw

You can do this as many times as you want, even after completing both tries at the final. It's a bit tricky the first couple tries and people have different methods for the 'elevator' part, and I still can't get it consistently but overall it's probably one of the fastest ways to farm stuff (if a bit boring).

• Locked thread