Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClassH
Mar 18, 2008
Anyone else use comic zeal? It was working fine on 6.1 with jailbreak. I updated to 6.1.2 yesterday and now it auto crashes as soon as I open it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Unrestrict Premium *was* working for me but seems not to be now. Whenever I try and download something over 50mb on cell service it gives me the usual warning about size limit and doing it on wifi. Did something break?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

ClassH posted:

Anyone else use comic zeal? It was working fine on 6.1 with jailbreak. I updated to 6.1.2 yesterday and now it auto crashes as soon as I open it.

I'm getting the same kind of crash with Instagram. It happened before i updated to 6.1.2, and the restore didn't fix it. It just stopped working one day and a delete/reinstall doesn't fix it.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Kazy posted:

I'm getting the same kind of crash with Instagram. It happened before i updated to 6.1.2, and the restore didn't fix it. It just stopped working one day and a delete/reinstall doesn't fix it.
Waze 3.6 also crashes after the loading screen on Jailbroken devices. I uninstalled it, rebooted, synced over version 3.5.3 from iTunes, and I still had the exact same problem. (I ended up having to restore to factory settings, restore from backup, reinstall Evasi0n, and then sync Waze 3.5.3.)

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Phlag posted:

Waze 3.6 also crashes after the loading screen on Jailbroken devices. I uninstalled it, rebooted, synced over version 3.5.3 from iTunes, and I still had the exact same problem. (I ended up having to restore to factory settings, restore from backup, reinstall Evasi0n, and then sync Waze 3.5.3.)
Waze 3.6.0.0 is working fine on my JB'd 5 running 6.1.2, and on my wife's JB'd 4s on 6.1.2.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Installed Peekly. Real nice. Wondering if my publicly shared Google Calendar will ever go from "Loading" to... showing something...

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Kazy posted:

Delete and reinstall fixed mine. Not sure where I was in reading though.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

randyest posted:

Waze 3.6.0.0 is working fine on my JB'd 5 running 6.1.2, and on my wife's JB'd 4s on 6.1.2.
Oh, well that's somewhat promising. A lot of people on the Waze forums are having issues too. I guess there's possibly a common Cydia app causing the problem.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Is there a tweak that allows portrait mode to be upside-down like an ipad does?

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mooktastical posted:

On a similar note, any good tweaks that allow Tweetbot to be rotated to landscape mode? I'm using one (Rotate Tweetbot, I think it's called) but it doesn't work.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Mooktastical posted:

UpsideDown by Ryan Petrich on the BigBoss repo, it doesn't work on the SpringBoard or in Cydia but it seems to work well enough on all my other apps

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

onoflalks posted:

UpsideDown by Ryan Petrich on the BigBoss repo, it doesn't work on the SpringBoard or in Cydia but it seems to work well enough on all my other apps

SBRotator 6 handles this for the Springboard and a small selection of apps (Settings, Reminders, Game Center, Facebook…). Haven't used UpsideDown so I have no idea of conflicts, etc.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
So DirectionBar is great, but I'm starting to realize that running location services all the time kinda stinks. Is there a Cydia tweak to control various program, tweak, preference pane settings upon disconnection from a home network? I'd also accept one that triggers when 3G is used.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
yeah Peekly is cool and slick but NOTHING I do can get it to show my google calendar poo poo.

Yes, I made it public and Yes, I put it in the settings.js. I just don't know what the gently caress. It's been "Loading" for 2 days now.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Blimpkin posted:

So DirectionBar is great, but I'm starting to realize that running location services all the time kinda stinks. Is there a Cydia tweak to control various program, tweak, preference pane settings upon disconnection from a home network? I'd also accept one that triggers when 3G is used.

I noticed that it also consumes about 50-70mb of memory when it's running. The app is great but it could use a toggle option. Since I'm either at home or at school 90% of the time, I don't need to constantly know which wall is north.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

Blimpkin posted:

This works but seems to rely on sbsettings so if you've switched to ncsettings or something else you might be out of luck, http://moreinfo.thebigboss.org/moreinfo/depiction.php?file=sbprofilesDp

Redlegs
Feb 8, 2003

I think you dropped this
xCon hasn't been supported since the new jailbreak. Are there any apps similar that allow apps like directv, and other streaming apps to work after jailbreak detection blocks them?

Edit: found the beta repository and that at least fixes the directv app.

http://n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo/

Redlegs fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 13, 2013

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What was the name of the package that would let you double tap the power button to activate the LED flashlight?

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho
SpringFlash

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I find clicking both volume buttons at the same time to be more unobtrusive.

Also, YourTube for iOS 6 is out. I managed to snag it for free from Reddit and it is pretty drat good. Download videos, import them to videos (or audio only to music), move them to another app. It also blocks/disables almost all the ads and forces airplay on all content.

The current price is $3.99 and worth it if you use the YouTube app. It's also universal now so one purchase for all devices.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Are there any downsides to using iCloud for backing up a JBed device? I'm more comfortable having the backup on my computer but my tiny laptop is tight on space.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Bouchacha posted:

Are there any downsides to using iCloud for backing up a JBed device? I'm more comfortable having the backup on my computer but my tiny laptop is tight on space.

Nope, and if you get OpenBakcup from Cydia you can backup your JB apps to iCloud also.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Bouchacha posted:

I noticed that it also consumes about 50-70mb of memory when it's running. The app is great but it could use a toggle option. Since I'm either at home or at school 90% of the time, I don't need to constantly know which wall is north.

I've gone ahead and used NC Settings to turn off Location settings, which seems to work well, because the Compass stays in the bar, but doesn't move, alerting me to not having Location services on. Dirty method, but it's worked.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008

Redlegs posted:

xCon hasn't been supported since the new jailbreak. Are there any apps similar that allow apps like directv, and other streaming apps to work after jailbreak detection blocks them?

Edit: found the beta repository and that at least fixes the directv app.

http://n00neimp0rtant.dyndns.org/repo/

Anyone know if this will cause issues if installed alongside UnrestictPremium?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

randyest posted:

Nope, and if you get OpenBakcup from Cydia you can backup your JB apps to iCloud also.

Does it actually work well?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Kingnothing posted:

Yes. It does.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Blimpkin posted:

Yes. It does.

Does OpenBackup only work with iCloud?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Does OpenBackup only work with iCloud?

Nope it works with regular itunes backup as well. I can confirm that.

Opebackup rules.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Kingnothing posted:

Redundant, but yes. First Cydia app backerupoer to be worth a poo poo, and it's perfect.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
This might be a long shot or somehow impossible, BUT:

Is there an app or tweak that will let you run two apps in a split screen type arrangement?

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Javid posted:

This might be a long shot or somehow impossible, BUT:

Is there an app or tweak that will let you run two apps in a split screen type arrangement?

Quasar does it on the iPad, I don't think there's anything that does it well (if at all) on the iPhone

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else here have success unlocking a Sprint iPhone 5 to use on other carriers? I will be switching soon and would rather be able to just pop a SIM card into my phone rather than sell and buy a new one.

I went to the unlock website and it is saying that I'm probably SOL currently, but I figured I would check.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Begall posted:

Anyone know if this will cause issues if installed alongside UnrestictPremium?

The Cydia page says it will install XCon along side UnrestrictPremium automatically so I'm guessing no.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Is there an app that shows how much battery each app is using? My battery is draining about 10% per 45 minutes and I can't figure out if its a tweak or an app causing the drain.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

OptimusMatrix posted:

Is there an app that shows how much battery each app is using? My battery is draining about 10% per 45 minutes and I can't figure out if its a tweak or an app causing the drain.

Battery Doctor Pro shows you apps that draw a lot of power or something along those lines.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Battery Doctor Pro is useful and all but it sure could use iPad screen size support.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

slomomofo posted:

Battery Doctor Pro is useful and all but it sure could use iPad screen size support.
You want to battery manage an iPad? With that big honking battery?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

randyest posted:

You want to battery manage an iPad? With that big honking battery?

No management needed and it helps give you some extra battery

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation
Am I crazy or is biteSMS a resource hog? I've got an iPhone 4 and there seems to be some serious memory issues with the app, with it taking over 5 seconds to open sometimes, failing to update conversations if I open the app through the quick menu and in general since uninstalling it other apps seem to be performing better (namely Puzzlejuice which used to crash and lag all the time but since uninstalling biteSMS it runs like a dream).

I've uninstalled it and I don't think I can go back but I do really miss quick reply. Is messages+ any good? Or is there another better texting app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Brownie posted:

Am I crazy or is biteSMS a resource hog? I've got an iPhone 4 and there seems to be some serious memory issues with the app, with it taking over 5 seconds to open sometimes, failing to update conversations if I open the app through the quick menu and in general since uninstalling it other apps seem to be performing better (namely Puzzlejuice which used to crash and lag all the time but since uninstalling biteSMS it runs like a dream).

I've uninstalled it and I don't think I can go back but I do really miss quick reply. Is messages+ any good? Or is there another better texting app?

It does suck at opening quickly, and I get the same not updating bug as you. I've just gotten used to sending a text through the notification center or a direct reply. Rarely actually open the app.

• Locked thread