Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Detective No. 27 posted:

I can't wait until this ends up a headline on some game site.

And since World Ends with You had an iOS port recently, the Wii U can continue being a home for overpriced cell phone games just like the original. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Policenaut posted:

Square-Enix is bringing some unannounced Wii U game to PAX East.

I'm gonna guess it's like a re-release of something, like I dunno Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Or FF13? Maybe it's something new!

My guess is that it's gonna be some Crystal Chronicles thing or something. Nothing Triple-A or anything like that.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Obviously it's gonna be the Final Fantasy 7 remake and nothing will ever convince me otherwise. Time to go spread the word on all the message boards.

This is literally almost 100% if not more than that not going to be the case, but there's a small little bit of me that wishes it were true nevertheless.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
DX:HR port has been heavily rumoured/"leaked" for months now, I'd be very surprised if that's not what it is.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Folt The Bolt posted:

My guess is that it's gonna be some Crystal Chronicles thing or something. Nothing Triple-A or anything like that.

A new multiplayer Crystal Chronicles would be way cooler than some port tho.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
What I want: Final Fantasy VI HD
What we will get: Deus Ex: Special Edition
What would be interesting: Final Fantasy Tactics Ogre
What I'm hoping it isn't: Some lost Eidos property nobody gives a gently caress about

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

What I want: Final Fantasy VI HD
What we will get: Deus Ex: Special Edition
What would be interesting: Final Fantasy Tactics Ogre
What I'm hoping it isn't: Some lost Eidos property nobody gives a gently caress about

But I always wanted a sequel to Chili Con Carnage!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
If it's not the Deus Ex port, I bet it's a Hitman: Absolution port.

Or who knows maybe something awesome.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The last few Crystal Chronicles games weren't very successful, and that Crystal Bearers thing was a huge flop.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I would be hella down with a new Crystal Chronicles game since hooking up a couple 3DSes is a lot easier than GBAs were to the GameCube. Unfortunately I really don't expect that to happen. The GameCube game was really cute despite bucket shenanigans (which didn't bother me too much back in high school, but would likely drive my older self batty), and the magic mixing mechanic was really fun. If they do go through with it it'd be really nice to see some more customization, like a basic class system.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

While I too would be shocked if it's not the Deus Ex port, Core Design did a ton of rad games back in the day. To come full circle from Deus Ex, Corporation comes to mind. It's an FPS with 3D graphics wherein you play as one of several pre-made agents (or androids). You have different implants and upgrades to improve yourself that you have to manage the energy for for each individual limb (each body part has a health value as well as a power value). You go around breaking into various facilities to steal secrets from computers for competing corporations. You can evade or destroy video cameras, blow walls open to make shortcuts, you have to worry about not setting off/disabling alarms, etc. It was released on computers and on the Sega Genesis. In 1990. In the US it's called Cyber-Cop because I guess you couldn't be amoral at that time or something? Whatever, game owns.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Trasson posted:

This is literally almost 100% if not more than that not going to be the case, but there's a small little bit of me that wishes it were true nevertheless.

I wish it was true. The Internet itself would audibly cry out in rage if that happened. The howling of nerds would be glorious.

However, I'll put money on Daikatana 2. It's just a lot more likely than a remake of FF7.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'd love a new Crystal Chronicles, or even just an expanded My Life As A King. Though I wouldn't be unhappy with confirmation of DX:HRU or even news that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 was coming over.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

katkillad2 posted:

Game & Wario Discussion: Choke on the cock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSA0RhbakoA

Oh god I spotted a dancing Microgame.

Nintendo, stop with the loving Dancing Microgames, the one in Smooth Moves broke and would auto-fail me at some point really early on and they're simply no fun.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

This is the weirdest gamepad glitch, that or I'm missing something obvious. The Wii U and gamepad seem to start up fine, I get to the main menu, but I can't do anything on the pad. The TV, home and power physical buttons respond, as well as all four shoulder buttons, but the touch screen, sticks, pad, and ABY+- buttons don't. Unless I press X to switch the Miiverse and the menu between the TV and pad (yes, X responds); then the sticks and pad and +- start responding again. Resetting the WiiU hasn't helped. No idea if ABY are doing anything in this mode, since they don't do anything anyway.

The gently caress? :psyduck:

(edit) Nevermind, I guess the screen protector came loose and messed about with the touch screen or something. Peeled the drat thing off and the problem went away. :shrug:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 13, 2013

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Raserys posted:

Guys, you know there's only one New Super Mario Bros. game per console? Right? Unless Nintendo comes out with the 4DS this year, it's very unlikely there'll be another NSMB.

I know, but I don't want them to use the NSMB template ever again. I would hope there can be a 2D Mario with some originality at some point.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

njsykora posted:

I'd love a new Crystal Chronicles, or even just an expanded My Life As A King. Though I wouldn't be unhappy with confirmation of DX:HRU or even news that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 was coming over.

I really enjoyed My Life as a King and an expanded version where you have to re-create multiple towns across the world and maybe allow you to play the dungeons on the GamePad would be pretty awesome.

I also liked My Life as a Darklord as a crazy tower defence game until it got a bit too hard.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Holy poo poo Nintendo Land is still proving to be worth every goddamn penny of the Wii U's purchase price. Five player everything is ridiculous, although it seems really drat hard for Mario to win on Mario Chase with four dudes on his tail. Animal Crossing: Sweet Day is still the loving winner though and the greatest multiplayer game to come out in an eternity. The amount of screaming it inspires is just completely glorious.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Son, the new Pokemon Rumble eShop game is gonna have NFC compatibility - you can buy little figurines like the ones in the game, scan them to acquire that particular Pokemon in-game and save your data onto them. They've only announced six figurines so far, but the game has all the Pokemon from the first five generations, so it could potentially end up making 'em a crapload of money (and it'd make even more if the game didn't suck!).

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Well there goes my interest in the new Rumble game. Oh well, there should be plenty of games to play regardless.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
To be fair, there hasn't been any suggestion that you'll actually need to buy the figurines to unlock all the Pokemon, so all the NFC crap may be purely supplemental (ie aimed at parents who don't know any better).

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I guess, but I just liked the other Rumble games for what they were, simplstic games where I could run around collecting pokemon and finding better ones. I mean if it's to unlock some lengendaries it could be fine but otherwise... :v:

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
Do you have a source on Pokemon Scramble/Rumble U using NFC stuff? I can't find a single site talking about it and that's the sort of thing that would have got people talking...

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gutcruncher posted:

Obviously it's gonna be the Final Fantasy 7 remake and nothing will ever convince me otherwise. Time to go spread the word on all the message boards.

I want you to be right, only because the internet rage would be amazing to witness. I recall some fits of rage when FF13 was announced for the 360, can you imagine the results from FF7's remake going to a non-Sony platform?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Brinty posted:

Do you have a source on Pokemon Scramble/Rumble U using NFC stuff? I can't find a single site talking about it and that's the sort of thing that would have got people talking...

Have you checked any of the Pokemon related sites out there? If the news is likely to be anywhere, it's likely to be on one of those.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012

Crawfish posted:

Have you checked any of the Pokemon related sites out there? If the news is likely to be anywhere, it's likely to be on one of those.

I forgot to Check Serebii who have it.
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

200 yen figures, Six standard and One special.

Doesn't sound like it's a total change of how the game works though, just a little extra optional thing. Thank goodness, god kinda worried for a moment

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...

Raserys posted:

Guys, you know there's only one New Super Mario Bros. game per console? Right? Unless Nintendo comes out with the 4DS this year, it's very unlikely there'll be another NSMB.

That means nothing. Until Galaxy 2 there was only one 3D Mario game per system.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I'll laugh if Square Enix is unveiling "Cloud's Final-Fantasy-Landers" because the anger it would produce would be incredible.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Balcony posted:

That means nothing. Until Galaxy 2 there was only one 3D Mario game per system.

Iwata has stated there would only be one NSMB per console.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Now that I think about it, didn't that alleged screenshot of the Miiverse developer forum show a listing for a Final Fantasy game? I seem to recall it mentioned a Yoshi game for Wii U and a RE Revelations port, and they both turned out to be real...

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Final Fantasy 3??

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Square-Enix is porting the drat thing to Ouya even, might as well throw it on Wii U.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I never played 3, but 2(NA) was my favorite. I'm much more ok with Final Fantasy 3 than this just being an announcement for Deus Ex.

I think the February numbers from NPD are released tomorrow, are we ready for some more Wii U is doomed discussion :). I'm actually interested in seeing if the numbers double with the returns controversy that may or may not have happened.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 13, 2013

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Policenaut posted:

Square-Enix is porting the drat thing to Ouya even, might as well throw it on Wii U.
Hey if thats not mgs3 for 3ds then what is that "metal gear solid" entry on the debug?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Junkie Disease posted:

Hey if thats not mgs3 for 3ds then what is that "metal gear solid" entry on the debug?

Maybe Ground Zeroes?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Twin Snakes on eShop?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Could Soul Hackers being listed possibly be a sign that the whole system is going cross platform? It's due out for the 3DS next month.

e: Holy poo poo is that article written terribly or does he really think Soul Hackers is a MGS follow up? If he/she does, would it kill them to at least google the name first?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

greatn posted:

Twin Snakes on eShop?
Ghost Babel, more likely.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Akileese posted:

Could Soul Hackers being listed possibly be a sign that the whole system is going cross platform? It's due out for the 3DS next month.

e: Holy poo poo is that article written terribly or does he really think Soul Hackers is a MGS follow up? If he/she does, would it kill them to at least google the name first?

Miiverse is extending to 3DS at some point, right? It's probably just a placeholder for when it goes live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Miiverse is extending to 3DS at some point, right? It's probably just a placeholder for when it goes live.

That's what I was assuming. With MGS, it looks like another general Miiverse forum since there's no title indicated.

• Locked thread