Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Are they still giving those sunglasses away? Thats the only thing I care about.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

drat, I was planning on making a new account tomorrow and getting that sweet robot mount thing :(

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Kuvo posted:

Are they still giving those sunglasses away? Thats the only thing I care about.

Yes, shades are there.

Also, the prices will probably drop insanely hard after this event but semi-enigs are currently 2600; 26k would buy you two robot mounts.

FrozenMeats
Apr 28, 2003

Preserved for the ages.
So what I'm reading is:
1)Wait for event to end, watch s-enig scroll prices crater
2)Buy all of them you can get your mitts on
3)Wait a month
4)Profit

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Oh joy I just went to negotiate a price of a rare to use as enchanting fodder... went to mash accept and somehow hit maximum and then accepted. Spent all of my 9k on some 50g weapon rofl ;_; GG guess thats karma for being a jewbag

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I'm going to set up a MCHM run for people who have completed MCNM before someday!

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

drat, I was planning on making a new account tomorrow and getting that sweet robot mount thing :(
I got up early today (GMT+1) to start powerleveling with my friend, but after seeing the changes we decided to just stay on EU. gently caress you, Enmasse.

Zaq
Jun 21, 2005

tyblazitar posted:

I got up early today (GMT+1) to start powerleveling with my friend, but after seeing the changes we decided to just stay on EU. gently caress you, Enmasse.

Erm, what? The prizes are great, and even if they weren't, it's still way worth it to roll on NA since Frogster/Gameforge is terrible =/ That's been established several times in several ways.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Zaq posted:

Erm, what? The prizes are great, and even if they weren't, it's still way worth it to roll on NA since Frogster/Gameforge is terrible =/ That's been established several times in several ways.
I wanted the extra character slot for one thing, and I generally dislike them bending so easily to whiners on the forum. Now the event isn't about leveling, it's about giving rewards to existing players who log in, and if you're a new player you have to powerlevel to get the same thing as everyone else. Kind of takes the fun out of it imo. Also, I'm doing just fine on EU, and I've read this entire thread without anyone mentioning any specifics of why Gameforge is so terrible, so I don't see any reason to start playing on a server where most people are in a different time zone and I may risk lag.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

All the 8reaths. All of them.

Velveteen posted:

I'm going to set up a MCHM run for people who have completed MCNM before someday!

I'm up for it on Desumetaru!

From what I can tell, there aren't really any new gimmicks to the queen fight on hard mode, but everything just comes out faster and hits harder. The donut and the bomb attack are both instakills, the debuff phase doesn't get an announcement, and each debuff hits for 40k rather than 20k. Stuff like the lasers and the root are still blockable.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Queen gains up to 3 stacks of a permanent 15% attack speed buff, 8% gently caress you buff is permanent, etc, etc. Try to schedule it for Thursday so I can come too. I'll have more time after next Tuesday, too.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Installed this yesterday to see how the combat flows, I'm on EU/Fraya.

I gotta say: most animations are PAINFUL. I appreciate the level of detail they've put into it, I feel bad for those skinny boys and girls swinging giant weapons. I literally can't play anything else than Human, Amani or Baraka.

So, how painful is leveling a healer here?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Why are all you people rolling on EU you are in for a world of pain oh god.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Char posted:

I feel bad for those skinny boys and girls swinging giant weapons.

How do you think they got so skinny in the first place? Also you forgot "popori" in your list. Those guys are all muscle.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Tensei posted:

I'm up for it on Desumetaru!

From what I can tell, there aren't really any new gimmicks to the queen fight on hard mode, but everything just comes out faster and hits harder. The donut and the bomb attack are both instakills, the debuff phase doesn't get an announcement, and each debuff hits for 40k rather than 20k. Stuff like the lasers and the root are still blockable.

I'm up for it, but the debuff doing double damage is pretty dumb. I'm still really afraid of how the bomb will be for zerkers with higher attack speed, but the last run seemed to work pretty well by just only landing attacks when she attacks.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Levelling a Healer is OK, there is a group on the EU servers if you scroll up a few posts, you'll see it. :)

KaneTW posted:

Why are all you people rolling on EU you are in for a world of pain oh god.
Timezones and lag issues mostly. The combat system really stands out in the way you want to avoid as much as possible, not to mention I'd rather play in a timezone where people actually play, I can't afford to stay up 'til early hours in the morning playing.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

Eigo posted:

I'm up for it, but the debuff doing double damage is pretty dumb. I'm still really afraid of how the bomb will be for zerkers with higher attack speed, but the last run seemed to work pretty well by just only landing attacks when she attacks.

For the queen fight it might be worth using a combat movement speed crystal, ever since I did that I don't think I've gotten hit by the bomb on NM anymore.

Also, I play on EME servers from Europe and I get about 100 ms ping at most times, which is totally reasonable. Lag is only an issue during Nexus. Timezones can be a bother, but there are also quite a few other Euro goons in DGKK.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Flipswitch posted:

Levelling a Healer is OK, there is a group on the EU servers if you scroll up a few posts, you'll see it. :)

Timezones and lag issues mostly. The combat system really stands out in the way you want to avoid as much as possible, not to mention I'd rather play in a timezone where people actually play, I can't afford to stay up 'til early hours in the morning playing.

You are going to lag more on EU server than you ever will on US server. I can understand the timezone thing though. There's a euro population on MT but it's not that large.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I can confirm that during the EU betas i had higher ping to the Frogster servers then i had to the NA servers in the NA betas. Not sure how would it be now but i wouldn't be suprised if nothing changed (I'm EU playing on NA). Aside from some minor rubberbanding in battlegrounds the ping is really no issue at all.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I'm playing on the NA servers from the UK with a lovely connection, and I haven't had any ping troubles at all. Well, none that weren't traceable to my own connection being poo poo rather than it being a server issue.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...
Finally finished ACHM last night and it's not so bad. I will probably run it again today and start on MCNM. I want to be doing MCHM by the weekend.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Totalizator posted:

I can confirm that during the EU betas i had higher ping to the Frogster servers then i had to the NA servers in the NA betas. Not sure how would it be now but i wouldn't be suprised if nothing changed (I'm EU playing on NA). Aside from some minor rubberbanding in battlegrounds the ping is really no issue at all.
This is good to know, for me I'm still EU based as my buddies play on the EU servers too, I may hop over (have both clients installed anyway) if they stop playing, but for now I'm rooted to EU.

What exactly is it that makes the EU servers so bad? Nobody here has given any examples.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

This is good to know, for me I'm still EU based as my buddies play on the EU servers too, I may hop over (have both clients installed anyway) if they stop playing, but for now I'm rooted to EU.

What exactly is it that makes the EU servers so bad? Nobody here has given any examples.

The EU servers are often behind on updates, the prices in the Store are a lot higher and the support is worse.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Seemenaked posted:

Finally finished ACHM last night and it's not so bad. I will probably run it again today and start on MCNM. I want to be doing MCHM by the weekend.

ACHM Meldita is all about luck.

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

...but girls already have a vagina between their legs, so they don't gotta trick anyone...

KaneTW posted:

ACHM Meldita is all about luck.

Well I am pretty drat lucky, just ask anyone.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Seemenaked posted:

Well I am pretty drat lucky, just ask anyone.

Are you Juicy? I can safely say you can do a MC HM solo and get the roll on a regent weapon solo, get to it.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I wanted to look who he is but he didn't fill out the spreadsheet and now I'm sad.

E: he's not Juicy because Juicy did ACHM ages ago.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Patch notes are up http://tera.enmasse.com/news/patch-notes/patch-190403

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

quote:

Added UI for pets. Pet treats are available for purchase from merchants. It’s wrong to tease your pets, but how can you help it?

Are we getting pets?!

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Noncombat pets that pick up loot after you yes. Hope they decide to mimick aion and also add one that warns against gankers.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Wow, way to pressure people on the fence to buy Sheldon immediately. Fuckers.

Tensei
Nov 24, 2010

I'm liking the Nexus changes. 200 gold and 1400 Agnitor credits for a single NT run? Agnitor gear is probably going to drop in price a lot.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>

Tensei posted:

I'm liking the Nexus changes. 200 gold and 1400 Agnitor credits for a single NT run? Agnitor gear is probably going to drop in price a lot.

Yeah, it will. I'm assuming you can double it and it still happens twice on some days.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Velveteen posted:

Are we getting pets?!

Now I just wanna know what kind of pets we're getting.

Gonna need to compete with this (aside from not participating in battle)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqebKltkEWA

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/celebrate-st-patrick-s-day-in-tera-rising
I don't think this was linked with the patch notes, but double drops weekend; time to farm forever.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
This company throws the best events.

quote:

All prizes will be doubled if the winning character is wearing green somewhere.

:allears:

Seemenaked
Nov 19, 2003

This weekend is gonna be awesome, 8-14 mes a run in kn I am all over it! This does add some pressure to get mc done normal and hard though. 2 quills and 2 regent/2 queen pieces will be really good. I am gonna get so rich.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Man, the last boss in ascent of saravash is a real prick. It could just be because I'm a berserker, but the bugs really gently caress me up. Their AOE hits outside their little circle marker and the boss shits them right on top of me. Half the time leaping strike just locks me on to one too. It'd be a lot easier for me on my slayer with the dodge dive and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Are there any good guides on tanking small instances as a warrior? I used to tank in WoW and right now I'm guessing it is pretty similar (but with more dodge management).

If I really like tanking smaller instances should I re-roll to the pure tanking class?

Edit - I should point out that I love the movement and soloness of the warrior so far...

cougar cub fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 13, 2013

• Locked thread