Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Cast No Engine posted:

I never heard about PFT and Tom Scharpling. I never listened to Tom's show but they seemed like actual friends on CDR/CBB

They were really good friends, apparently. PFT used to appear on the Best Show fairly often - his and Scharpling's review of the Gathering of the Juggalos commercial was easily one of the top 5 funniest episodes of the Best Show.

That's what made it strange. One day everything was fine and people were anticipating the TV project that they were working on together. The next, they and their wives all unfollowed each other on Twitter and nobody spoke of it ever again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Greggy posted:

It made me cringe listening to him talk about how great he was

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Yeah, it seems horrible - my mind keeps jumping to either attempted suicide or falling off the wagon. I'm really rooting for that guy.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Going back a few months in the thread, am I the only one who listens to The Complete Guide to Everything?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Weembles posted:

They were really good friends, apparently. PFT used to appear on the Best Show fairly often - his and Scharpling's review of the Gathering of the Juggalos commercial was easily one of the top 5 funniest episodes of the Best Show.

That's what made it strange. One day everything was fine and people were anticipating the TV project that they were working on together. The next, they and their wives all unfollowed each other on Twitter and nobody spoke of it ever again...

One of the couples probably suggested swinging. Or they did swing and it didn't go well at all.

Also I just realized Comedy and Everything Else was a podcast. I couldn't figure out what the hell you guys were talking about. I thought you were just capitalizing the words for humor.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Cast No Engine posted:

I fell like Todd left CaEE just so he could do bits and then bail out of them instead of taking about tort reform and other serious poo poo (though I did love the show when Todd was on).

This was my guess. Without Todd glass I can't imagine that show being anything other than Everything Else. Jimmy Dore is the embodiment of anti funny.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.

Aatrek posted:

Going back a few months in the thread, am I the only one who listens to The Complete Guide to Everything?

I listen. It's good, but I can understand why it doesn't get talked about too much here.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

tnimark posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way.
I didn't think the episode was all that bad, but come on. His name's Bob Zany. The name alone dropped my #1 podcast from First Show I Load Up on Monday to Fifth in Line.

Harland Williams is the complete opposite though. Never been a fan of his movies, but the two times he's been on the show has been completely delightful.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

pretty soft girl posted:

This was my guess. Without Todd glass I can't imagine that show being anything other than Everything Else. Jimmy Dore is the embodiment of anti funny.

Yeah, it's amazing how that show went from "one of my favorites" to "oh god I can't unsubscribe fast enough" once Todd left. Todd's show is hit or miss, but it's a million times better than Jimmy Dore's Unfunny Misinformed Political Soapbox Show (featuring Sycophantic Stef!).

Bob Zany episode of NNF was one of the worst I can think of.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Just posted on the Walking the Room FB:

quote:

Okay, we spoke last night, mostly based on how annoying you all are. There will be more podcasts. Maybe next month.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
I'm kind of surprised how relieved I am to hear that.

And I can't imagine those two managing to keep quiet about something like this forever. I'm sure we'll get an account of what's going on in some podcast sometime.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Aatrek posted:

I also listen. The two guys are funny with each other similar to uhh yeah dude but different and more sarcastic and self depricating and low key.

Sometimes, though, the episodes are overlong and I hesitate to start the new one each week. And two McDonald's episodes in a row, fffffffffff nope.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

Aatrek posted:

It's my favorite "two guys talking about nothing" podcast.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

caligulamprey posted:

I didn't think the episode was all that bad, but come on. His name's Bob Zany. The name alone dropped my #1 podcast from First Show I Load Up on Monday to Fifth in Line.

Harland Williams is the complete opposite though. Never been a fan of his movies, but the two times he's been on the show has been completely delightful.

Jimmy is usually really good about having conversations that his guests can be funny in, so I was half expecting to hear a side of Zany that I never had before. I think he just doesn't have another side. He's an unfunny comic who is successful because he has been getting on stages for 30 years. That's a thing I can respect I guess, but man is he a chore to listen to.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

FitFortDanga posted:

Bob Zany episode of NNF was one of the worst I can think of.
Never got through the Mark Volman episode.

(we should resurrect the NNF thread)

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

caligulamprey posted:

NEVER. I'm only halfway through Zany but it hasn't been that bad so far.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

caligulamprey posted:

(we should resurrect the NNF thread)

Agreed on both accounts. Why'd the old thread die anyway?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Oh yeah, Vollman was way worse. That was painful to listen to... Zany is just boring and not that funny.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Meh, WTR was great for a while but I fell out of it. Got sick and bored of them. I do listen whenever there is a good guest though.

Weembles posted:

The next, they and their wives all unfollowed each other on Twitter and nobody spoke of it ever again...

The fact that some fans noticed the wives unfollowing is insane and sad.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I know there's a thread about this, but people talk about Marc Maron on his podcast as a bad interviewer, when I think he asks really great questions in a very accessible manner.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I haven't kept up with You Made It Weird, but is the latest episode really 3 hours long? That better be an amazing loving conversation.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Three hours with Matt Mira sounds like torture to me.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
If they start talking about mean internet comments, I'm going to bail out like Todd Glass.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
I've been skipping them do to length but I checked out the Jordan Vogt-Roberts episode and loved every minute. If you've been out of Pete's head for months then it's probably about the right length.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm gonna do it, I'm going to listen to all 3 hours.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

SKULE123 posted:

If they start talking about mean internet comments, I'm going to bail out like Todd Glass.

They touch upon it, but Pete is not into it, apparently.

I kinda tuned out the hour of talk about healthy eating, not gonna lie.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Eltoasto posted:

I'm gonna do it, I'm going to listen to all 3 hours.

I did it because I happened to be caught up on all my other podcasts. It was actually a solid episode, Mira tells the story of his crazy (really) relationship, it was like one of those trainwreck E/N threads. It just keeps getting worse and Pete is just mouth agape the entire time.

e: Oh, by the way, the worst thing about podcasts is when someone has something to plug so they suddenly appear on literally every loving podcast over the course of a week or two. DC Pierson, I'm looking in your direction.

e2: The latest Jeff Garlin podcast was really awkward, you could tell Hurwitz doesn't feel uncomfortable in front of people.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The Berzerker posted:

I did it because I happened to be caught up on all my other podcasts. It was actually a solid episode, Mira tells the story of his crazy (really) relationship, it was like one of those trainwreck E/N threads. It just keeps getting worse and Pete is just mouth agape the entire time.

Yeah the 3 hours didn't drag at all. It wasn't hilarious or anything but it's a good listen if you like a long, detailed anatomy of a terrible relationship slowly falling apart. It was amazing.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Chelsea's got a new one out.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Everyone must take a look at this 90s Lee jeans ad on buzzfeed and marvel at some of the
wonderful podcasters in there: http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/mtvs-awesome-lee-dungrees-ads-from-1997-will-make-you-relive

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Dave posted a solo dollop, it's pretty good, but we probably wont get to hear what's up with Greg until April.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Sandweed posted:

Dave posted a solo dollop, it's pretty good, but we probably wont get to hear what's up with Greg until April.

His rant on Mike Tyson was fantastic.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

The fact that some fans noticed the wives unfollowing is insane and sad.

The FOTs are a bizarre, tight-knit group.

Tom hasn't taken taken a dig at Paul in a few weeks, which is nice. It was weird how he would insist that everyone leave the situation alone, but he couldn't stop bringing it up, albeit as cryptically as possible.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
What were the digs at PFT like? I know I should be listening to the Best Show.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
What the gently caress? The Flophouse are airing reruns now. They are repeating old episodes :psyduck:

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Popelmon posted:

What the gently caress? The Flophouse are airing reruns now. They are repeating old episodes :psyduck:

I'll let it slide after the Oogieloves episode. It was one of the best ones I had heard, yet.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

SKULE123 posted:

What were the digs at PFT like? I know I should be listening to the Best Show.

Like DangerDummy said, they were pretty cryptic. Mostly just an extension of his riffs on LA podcasting culture, some things about friendships ending and how sometimes it's not up to you, etc. Anyway, it seems like they've both moved on.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

synertia posted:

I'll let it slide after the Oogieloves episode. It was one of the best ones I had heard, yet.

Must have missed that. But I also forgot how great the Old Dogs episode was so all is well :shobon:.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008

Popelmon posted:

Dan said on their Facebook page that they're expecting to get some publicity this week (wouldn't say from what) and he wanted to bump the Oscar episode out of the top spot, since it's not representative of most episodes of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

DangerDummy! posted:

The FOTs are a bizarre, tight-knit group.

Tom hasn't taken taken a dig at Paul in a few weeks, which is nice. It was weird how he would insist that everyone leave the situation alone, but he couldn't stop bringing it up, albeit as cryptically as possible.

He keeps being cryptic about it to mess with the creepers who really, really care about it.

• Locked thread