Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's a special place in the Dumb Hall of Fame for people who pick fights with a guy as big as Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's a special place in the Dumb Hall of Fame for people who pick fights with a guy as big as Show.

People used to pick fights with Andre as well.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
"He may be seven feet tall, but I'm drunk." :smug:

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
New Jack gives words of advice for young people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4y_i4WRUiw

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Bocc Kob posted:

"He may be seven feet tall, but I'm drunk." :smug:

"Yeah, but he's seven feet tall, AND drunker than you."

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I think it's hilarious that Goldberg Vs. Hogan is still brought up as the big "WCW was so desperate for ratings they gave away a money match", but WWE does this ALL THE TIME as is illustrated in that video.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

LividLiquid posted:

I think it's hilarious that Goldberg Vs. Hogan is still brought up as the big "WCW was so desperate for ratings they gave away a money match", but WWE does this ALL THE TIME as is illustrated in that video.

Eric Bischoff coming to the WWE? Let's have him HUG VINCE MCMAHON.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Who would have paid money to see Eric Bischoff hug Vince McMahon?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Highspots posted a teaser for Kevin Steen and Davey Richards' new shoot, which is basically just Davey Richards reading tweets from someone who took over his Twitter account and pretends to be him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtfrTLu_Wig

I completely agree by the way. Why CAN'T Beer Money just reunite?!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bocc Kob posted:

No-one, but Bischoff vs McMahon would've been money.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Probably because the WWE has never put a match that would have been the 2nd biggest buyrate in company history on free TV with a 5 day build.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Bocc Kob posted:

I was at the raw where Bischoff debuted in wwe. So I guess I did.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

MassRayPer posted:

Probably because the WWE has never put a match that would have been the 2nd biggest buyrate in company history on free TV with a 5 day build.

You just wait until next year when they out Brock vs Rock on a random Main Event taping. LOL

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRayPer posted:

No, but they did it with zero days' build and do it all the time. Rock and Austin Vs. the nWo. It's like... right back there. Oh, and Austin Vs. Brock.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Botchamania 226 and 227.

The MST3K and Charlie Brown jokes on the first one got me good. I laughed at the ending after seeing it coming within a second.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

"Yeah, but he's seven feet tall, AND drunker than you."

My favourite part of the whole video was seeing that Giant brought a bag lunch to the courtroom.

At least that's what I'm assuming was in the paper bag and you're not telling me otherwise.

Gavok posted:

Botchamania 226 and 227.

The MST3K and Charlie Brown jokes on the first one got me good. I laughed at the ending after seeing it coming within a second.

Holy crap the ending on 226. I cracked right up and had to explain the reason to my wife.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 14, 2013

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

No, but they did it with zero days' build and do it all the time. Rock and Austin Vs. the nWo. It's like... right back there. Oh, and Austin Vs. Brock.

Neither of those matches would do those kind of buyrates, especially the nWo one. Both could main event PPVs, but neither was the kind of landmark match that Goldberg vs Hogan was. I mean god drat, Rock vs Hogan did a disappointing buyrate on PPV, the tag version wasn't some record setter, and Brock never drew as well as the WWE thought he would. Goldberg vs Hogan on Nitro is the equivalent of WWE giving away Rock vs Cena on PPV the week after football ended. If you want to call Rock a special attraction and not applicable, but Hogan vs Goldberg was in a way, once it was done you could never do it again: Hogan would never lose a rematch.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The first half of Botchamania 226 is really really weak. Are we really counting someone saying "literally" or Maffew merely assuming someone is about to corpse as botches?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gaylord Plower posted:

The first half of Botchamania 226 is really really weak. Are we really counting someone saying "literally" or Maffew merely assuming someone is about to corpse as botches?

He's been doing that for years, counting "I could care less" and "Youmanga".

Also, I never saw that Austin/Rock vs. nWo match as being a huge money burning deal. It was a complete nothing match that made sure to cheaply protect Hogan from any offense so Rock/Hogan could be fresh. If the match had more to it, it would have hurt their Wrestlemania showdown and if it was a PPV match as is, it would have been considered one of the biggest duds. Plus they kind of sped through the angle to get it done by Wrestlemania, so the only way it would have been able to work anywhere is if they really rushed it into No Way Out, which is where they started feuding with Austin and before Rock was part of the picture.

On the other hand, they should have promoted the hell out of the match a week in advance. That was 11 years ago, so I can't remember if they did or not.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gavok posted:

He's been doing that for years, counting "I could care less" and "Youmanga".

Also, I never saw that Austin/Rock vs. nWo match as being a huge money burning deal. It was a complete nothing match that made sure to cheaply protect Hogan from any offense so Rock/Hogan could be fresh. If the match had more to it, it would have hurt their Wrestlemania showdown and if it was a PPV match as is, it would have been considered one of the biggest duds. Plus they kind of sped through the angle to get it done by Wrestlemania, so the only way it would have been able to work anywhere is if they really rushed it into No Way Out, which is where they started feuding with Austin and before Rock was part of the picture.

On the other hand, they should have promoted the hell out of the match a week in advance. That was 11 years ago, so I can't remember if they did or not.

It's also one of those matches that didn't really have a spot on PPV. No Way Out did great just saying the nWo would be there, WM was next, and then WWE decided they had to get the title on Hogan immediately before he wore out his welcome. The booking would have to be completely rewritten to bring the nWo in a month earlier for it to even happen.

But anyway, enough text, here's a video I showed tonight in the synchtube after Nitro, it's a forgotten Dungeon of Doom gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzljhO4-crM

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRayPer posted:

Neither of those matches would do those kind of buyrates, especially the nWo one.
If you don't think Austin/Rock vs. the nWo couldn't have led to one of the biggest buyrates the company ever did if they built it properly, then I don't even know what to say to you.

My entire point is that WCW did it one time, and they're the company everybody brings up for this. WWE does it all the time. They can't help themselves.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

If you don't think Austin/Rock vs. the nWo couldn't have led to one of the biggest buyrates the company ever did if they built it properly, then I don't even know what to say to you.

My entire point is that WCW did it one time, and they're the company everybody brings up for this. WWE does it all the time. They can't help themselves.

Rock vs Hogan on its own couldn't, so why would a tag match? It's a dream tag, but dream tags rarely do noticeably more buys than dream singles matches. They gave away a PPV caliber match, but they at least did it trying to build up a PPV, which Goldberg vs Hogan did not do. Lesnar vs Austin is more comparable and that one comes up all the time, so I don't know why you would even bring that up now. Given how often the Austin was right discussion happens, it may come up more than Goldberg/Hogan these days, and Goldberg vs Hogan was a way bigger match.

WCW's decision was a major landmark in the fall of a company. It was a sign of a company crumbling from within as it reached its greatest ratings and profitability heights. The two WWE matches are matches WWE maybe could have promoted better, but has chugged along being very profitable regardless. One decision was part of a spiral that killed a company, the other two were potholes. That's why Goldberg vs Hogan is talked about so much (even though Lesnar vs Austin comes up all the time too.)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

WWE frequently sets fire to potential piles of money. Do you disagree with this?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

WWE frequently sets fire to potential piles of money. Do you disagree with this?

No, I just think it is silly to wonder why WCW gets laughed at for this stuff and to think WWE doesn't and one is much more egregious than the other.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The point is that anything remotely comparable that the WWF/E did was nowhere near as bad as Hogan/Goldberg because there was some reason to do it. The only thing I can think of that comes close is Austin/Undertaker in 99 that got a gigantic rating, but that's not even really that close because they already got a monster buyrate out of the two already.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRayPer posted:

No, I just think it is silly to wonder why WCW gets laughed at for this stuff and to think WWE doesn't and one is much more egregious than the other.
And I think it's silly that people often reference the one time WCW gave away a money match when WWE does it on a semi-monthly basis. I wasn't wondering anything.

Even if Goldberg/Hogan was a worse business decision for one occasion, WWE has pissed away loads more by engaging in the practice so frequently.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
WWE's problem isn't giving away matches, it's repeatedly destroying their future because of pettiness and politics

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Nut Bunnies posted:

WWE's problem isn't giving away matches, it's repeatedly destroying their future because of pettiness and politics

Agreed.

Though it's pretty funny that the WWE's strategy now to ensure they don't give away too much on TV is to repeat the same TV match week in and week out.

Ryback vs. Cesaro... what Part are they on? XXVII?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

And I think it's silly that people often reference the one time WCW gave away a money match when WWE does it on a semi-monthly basis. I wasn't wondering anything.

Even if Goldberg/Hogan was a worse business decision for one occasion, WWE has pissed away loads more by engaging in the practice so frequently.

Sting vs Hogan first match ever.
Sting vs Hogan Starrcade rematch.
Sting vs Flair a million times
First Flair vs Hogan rematch
Goldberg vs Sting
Hart vs Goldberg
Hart vs Hogan
Luger vs Hogan (so fans could pay to see Hogan win it back days later!)

Those are just off the top of my head. Two of those matches are rematches of WCW's biggest buyrate to that point in time that would later be on PPV again and do disappointing numbers. One is the end of a year long title change that was done completely backwards. None of those matches even include the Russo era. I'm sure if I did some research I'd come up with about a dozen just from Russo's second run. To say that Goldberg vs Hogan was the one time WCW gave away a money match is such an astounding display of ignorance.

If this is going to continue, it is better served in the WCW thread, but I can't even imagine why you would want to continue this.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

MassRayPer posted:

Hart vs Hogan

Both companies blew this. Hogan to blame for both I'm pretty sure.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
WWF never even got to blow it

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy4eac_rami-sebei-and-kassius-ohno-vs-luke-harper-and-erick-rowan-nxt-live-03-08-2013_sport#.UUJlVqPSW7w

That unmasked El Generico match.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo, apparently the Stone Cold v. CM Punk videogame feud goes back to WWE All Stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F6PuzP8tBo

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Just throwing it out there that Act Yasukawa owns even for being pretty green. I love that she was getting cheered over the promotion's biggest star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjW2kYp7Z4

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Suben posted:

Just throwing it out there that Act Yasukawa owns even for being pretty green. I love that she was getting cheered over the promotion's biggest star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjW2kYp7Z4
Incompetent bumbling bondage pirate too kawaii for this world. The way her stable mates interact with her is also really helping put her over.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx...rt#.UUP_-xyHuSo

She goes to hug Kashima, who immediately pushes her off and Kashima goes to celebrate with N*T

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
There's a bit from the 12/24 Korakuen Hall show where Kashima starts doing the LCO/johshi heel spot on the ropes (where they shove them through the top/middle and then mockingly place their foot on the opponent's face), Act comes over to join her and Kashima just walks off. Then at the end of the match Kashima eats the pin and shoves Act leaving her hanging upside down over the ropes and yelling. If/when they turn her (which they should; Act, Yoshiko, and Kairi Hojo are who they should be building around for the future and Act has too much fan support to stay heel) that should probably be her first feud.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Happy Austin 3:16 day PSP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhTHlia1NXE

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It's 3/16/13, so this seems like a fitting video.

What a squash for something that would have once been a smark dream match.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

It's 3/16/13, so this seems like a fitting video.

What a squash for something that would have once been a smark dream match.

This REALLY bugged me at the time, because right before it, Taz cut a terrific promo about how now that he had nothing left to lose now that he'd been tossed out of the Alliance, and that made him more dangerous. Then Austin beat him in less time than it took to type this post. Everybody talks about how WCW got buried in the Invasion, which is true, but it didn't really do ECW any favours, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This REALLY bugged me at the time, because right before it, Taz cut a terrific promo about how now that he had nothing left to lose now that he'd been tossed out of the Alliance, and that made him more dangerous. Then Austin beat him in less time than it took to type this post. Everybody talks about how WCW got buried in the Invasion, which is true, but it didn't really do ECW any favours, either.

I'm ok with this one though because Taz is an rear end who deserves to get buried.

• Locked thread