Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

urk the quack posted:

Just a reminder, today's live streaming episode is a Who Charted? with PFT. Should be a good one, starts at 9 EST.

:neckbeard: Thanks for the reminder, I keep forgetting the Thursday live shows exist. I'm glad they're not live streaming a Two Charted again. That was lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The sounds that I made when Greg Tuculescu described those loving spiders. I don't think Ill be able to sleep tonight.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Didn't those things get a little media attention when US troops first landed in Afghanistan? It might be worth repeating that they're entirely harmless to humans, just super creepy.
e: the ironic/sincere Nazi is a bit creepier to me. But what a beautiful teapot!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Politicalrancor posted:

The sounds that I made when Greg Tuculescu described those loving spiders. I don't think Ill be able to sleep tonight.
Me too, jesus loving christ. I was wondering to ask if they're even real but I'm not sure I want to know.

I mean, yeah goons are babies when it comes to arachnics, insects and the ocean...but these things aren't real are they...? :stare::respek::ohdear:

e:
#3 The camel spider can only run 10 mph. The reason people think they are being chased by camel spiders is that they are nocturnal and don’t like to be out in the open. To avoid that, they will follow your shadow. As your shadow moves, so does the camel spider.

areyoufuckingkiddingmeeaaaaaaaaa

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The camel spider specifically was one of the original "goons freaking out about spiders" threads. http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=638

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
In the Sklarbro Country with Jack Black, they play a Dio song that starts off soft and melodious, just piano-work or something, and then Dio comes in with a big, loud high note.

Anyone know what song that was?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
It's The Last in Line. That whole album is great

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

So is my computer hosed up or is the latest live Who Charted insanely quiet?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I just started listening to the Rafflecast and EP6 where he spends the whole ep composing a christian rock song with Har Mar was incredible.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

So is my computer hosed up or is the latest live Who Charted insanely quiet?

Yeah my computer and headphone volume is maxed out and it's still pretty low. Weird.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

I just started listening to the Rafflecast and EP6 where he spends the whole ep composing a christian rock song with Har Mar was incredible.

All the building the tracks are great.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Scoobi posted:

All the building the tracks are great.

Love Rafflecast. The non Building A Track episodes are hit or miss, but I love the specificity of the ones making fun of that documentary where Jack White, Jimmy Page, and The Edge noodle around and talk guitars.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Scoobi you terrific weirdo! loved you on RSS.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Politicalrancor posted:

Scoobi you terrific weirdo! loved you on RSS.

If you wanna know about Keeping Up With The Cardassians, please listen to this weeks Reality Show Show.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
That was you? This was my first time listening live, and it was fantastic. I hope they keep doing this for a long time.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

So the Who Charted with PFT should be released tomorrow, right? I forgot about watching it live even though I was reminded mere hours before it started by someone in this very thread. :v:

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Conduit for Sale! posted:

So the Who Charted with PFT should be released tomorrow, right? I forgot about watching it live even though I was reminded mere hours before it started by someone in this very thread. :v:

I'm pretty sure it was released today.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Are you guys talking about the video podcast network episode? I think they released it and took it back... I noticed it downloading (or trying to, lovely Apple podcast app) last night before I went to bed and this morning it was gone.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
The video is already up but if you just wanted to listen the podcast won't be out till Wednesday. That'd be pointless though cause then you'd miss PFT adorably mugging for the camera while Howard rants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zeTTHSSC-s

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Ah, it just wasn't on the featured page for some reason. I always forget to check the uploaded videos section.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Don't know how I lived without Reality Show Show call-in for so long. Absolutely died at the panic over the credits followed by their impressions of Kevin Spacey's dodgy Georgia accent. Have you heard of VIBES?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

GraPar posted:

their impressions of Kevin Spacey's dodgy Georgia accent.
This was so goddamn hilarious.

I was planning to watch House of Cards but I hadn't gotten around to it yet. I did not know that Kevin Spacey addresses the camera/has an accent. After this RSS episode there is absolutely no way I'll be able to take it seriously.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

tnimark posted:

This was so goddamn hilarious.

I was planning to watch House of Cards but I hadn't gotten around to it yet. I did not know that Kevin Spacey addresses the camera/has an accent. After this RSS episode there is absolutely no way I'll be able to take it seriously.

Technically, his character is from South Carolina. I'm no expert on southern accents, but I thought it was pretty good. He sounds to me a lot like a heterosexual Lindsey Graham.

But I'm looking forward to the RSS take on it.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
So according to the thing that just came up on the Earwolf Presents podcast feed, the Kevin Pollak Chat Show is joining Earwolf.

Good for them. I check in on that show when they have a guest I'm interested in and I really enjoy it. I felt kinda bad for them when their attempt at shifting to a subscriber system tanked.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

tnimark posted:

So according to the thing that just came up on the Earwolf Presents podcast feed, the Kevin Pollak Chat Show is joining Earwolf.

Good for them. I check in on that show when they have a guest I'm interested in and I really enjoy it. I felt kinda bad for them when their attempt at shifting to a subscriber system tanked.

I just watched the first 20 minutes of the Scott Aukerman episode last week on YouTube. Good interview if you ever want to hear Hot Dog not doing his shtick.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Again I am reminded how nice it is to have someone on Who Charted who actually knows poo poo about music. I wish Reggie Watts would replace Howard on WC.

Production
Jun 11, 2001
Howard knows just enough about the stuff they cover to fill in the blanks with crazy, hilarious things (and occasionally invent a quiz that's somehow too dumb for the guest to understand). Reggie wouldn't be as interesting. Maybe it's just my lack of taste but to me he's rarely been the funny part of any podcast conversation, whereas Howard is better in podcasts than outside of them (especially if you don't know what he looks like or how old he is).

There was a musician guest who just viciously hated everything on the charts, I can't remember who it was, maybe Nick Thorburn? It didn't add much to have someone know the music and give earnest commentary on it, compared to having funny people give their instant reaction to some bizarre song lyric.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Well, I think whenever Reggie talks seriously about music it's pretty interesting. Plus he's really funny. Way too high to host a podcast though.

I think I like watching Howard on WC rather than listening, because I can see his facial expressions and see that he's at least a little bit playing his dumbness for comedy. Listening to him it just sounds like he's straight up dumb.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Andy Daly on I4H!!!

I wonder if his show is done shooting. I hope he can do CBB a little more in the future.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
To all the King of the Nerds fans: Genevieve and Virgil are going to be on the next Reality Show Show!!!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Again I am reminded how nice it is to have someone on Who Charted who actually knows poo poo about music. I wish Reggie Watts would replace Howard on WC.

I really only listen to WC to hear Howard be silly so that would make me sad. Plus he and Kulap have pretty good chemistry.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

Andy Daly on I4H!!!

I wonder if his show is done shooting. I hope he can do CBB a little more in the future.

I liked this ep, but was anyone else thrown by Besser's reaction to the Hitler teapot story? Here it sounds like he's hearing it for the first time. I wonder if they recorded this a couple of weeks ago and pushed it back for some reason.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

barkingclam posted:

I liked this ep, but was anyone else thrown by Besser's reaction to the Hitler teapot story? Here it sounds like he's hearing it for the first time. I wonder if they recorded this a couple of weeks ago and pushed it back for some reason.

It seemed that way, particularly with Oscar Pistorius being brought up twice.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

That makes more sense, I thought Besser was being a total dick to Andy when he told the story. :v:
"HAHA WHOAAAA HOLY poo poo"

Reading Swedens largest newspaper this morning with my coffee and they had an interesting cover story about podcasts, mainly talking with Ira Glass about This American Life, but in a section where they recommend other podcasts Jeff Garlins new poadcast at Earwolf, as well as Doug Loves Movies gets a mention.

By the way
There's plenty of podcasts that initially cover new movie premieres, but the most interesting ones are they that goes past this basic movie journalistic form. Comedian and actor Jeff Garlins "By the way" is one of those podcasts - the five episodes that have so far been record at the Largo club in Los Angeles give a fantastic glimpse into the interesting movie- and tv-workers life and career.
Garlin, perhaps most known to a Swedish audience from "Curb your enthusiasm", simply invites people he knows. Sometimes it tends to result in completely, albeit very funny, nonsense. Notwithstanding, his interview with "Girls"-creator Lena Dunham is one of the best I've ever heard with her.

Doug Loves Movies
The comedian Doug Benson loves movies. Since 2006 he's spread this mantra in his moviepod, which is equally a comedy podcast. The format is easy: a couple of Bensons comedy friends compete against each other in movie knowledge infront of a live audience.
The Leonard Maltin Game - where guests try to guess the movie from movie critic Leonard Maltins incredibly dry reviews - is the game with the most prestige in the podcast. Benson fills the program with movietrivia while the guests do their best job to roast each other. It is incredibly more entertaining than it sounds.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Who is the guy saluting in the bottom left, he looks familiar to me and I can't work out why. Is he on BBC radio?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Crankit posted:

Who is the guy saluting in the bottom left, he looks familiar to me and I can't work out why. Is he on BBC radio?
I think that's Huw Stephens, at least that's the show they mention there. 'British radio journalist', sounds about right
bbc.co.uk/radio1/huwstephens

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Kevin Pollak's Chat Show is now on Earwolf and I guess its free now? The sizzle reel was awesome.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It has been free for a long time. They tried a subscription model a while ago but it tanked. Hard.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I hate Jeff Garlin's podcast because Jeff Garlin only ever talks about himself and tries to get his guests to compare their lives to his. It's an astoundingly self-centered podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

scary ghost dog posted:

I hate Jeff Garlin's podcast because Jeff Garlin only ever talks about himself and tries to get his guests to compare their lives to his. It's an astoundingly self-centered podcast.

You must really hate WTF.