Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomniumObmutum
Jul 23, 2007

The more smug foxes the better I always say.
Thank you so much, Tom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Roger Explosion posted:

Donate.

Donate NOW.

What he said. We have to help Tom get better curtains, stat. It is a humanitarian crisis happening in there. Please help.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I will only donate if Tom assures me that he will buy new curtains.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
If I do not see better curtains next time, I demand a full refund.

faxmaster
Nov 1, 2004

I can see all of the colors.
Is that Manga Studio on the cintiq there? I was curious what Tom used to draw the comic.

Anyway. I suppose I'll donate something. I've been reading this thing since it went online, more or less, and it's made m/w/f days I look forward to.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Ursine Asylum posted:

I found myself at home with photoshop open for an unrelated thing and, well. This is what I originally had in mind.

(And the 125 avatar version)

Ohhhh, right okay now I see what you mean about them reversing positions. I don't get home until late and then I don't think good.

I'd probably still watch it; skateboard dude looks pretty rad. It had better have a multi-ethnic wheelchair-bound cast, though.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Never thought I'd see Gunnerkrigg fall victim to "terrible reboot" syndrome...

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Saoshyant posted:

What he said. We have to help Tom get better curtains, stat. It is a humanitarian crisis happening in there. Please help.

Agreed. No man that talented should have such terrible curtains. They are the Boxbot of curtains.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Thanks Tom. Keep being awesome.

Idunn
Apr 30, 2011

That's it?
I knew the new chapter wouldn't start right away, but I didn't expect this to be today's update. :3: I'm so happy it's worked out for you Tom! It's truly inspirational, especially as an art student that often gets the whole "what are you going to DO with that/how are you going to make money/you had me till you said comics" thing from basically everyone (even teachers, amazingly). Your success is well-earned, I hope you enjoy it.

I hope everyone's been inspired to spend more money on GKC stuff, too!

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Never thought I'd see Gunnerkrigg fall victim to "terrible reboot" syndrome...
You probably mean "terrible robot" syndrome. :colbert:

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Fighting Trousers posted:

Agreed. No man that talented should have such terrible curtains. They are the Boxbot of curtains.

NO. This is what we should do: we should create Boxbot curtains for Tom.

Or perhaps no mind should conceive of such terrible drapery.

hathfallen
Dec 22, 2003
I just discovered this comic about a week ago. I've already read the whole thing twice.

Today I'm thinking I could really use a new T-Shirt :D

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Idunn posted:

I knew the new chapter wouldn't start right away, but I didn't expect this to be today's update. :3: I'm so happy it's worked out for you Tom! It's truly inspirational, especially as an art student that often gets the whole "what are you going to DO with that/how are you going to make money/you had me till you said comics" thing from basically everyone (even teachers, amazingly). Your success is well-earned, I hope you enjoy it.

I hope everyone's been inspired to spend more money on GKC stuff, too!

I just got my confirmation email for my copy of Vol. 2!

And maybe next month, I'll actually get Vol. 1!

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
I have to wake up way too early every morning for work and school, but every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I always look forward to reading each update the moment I wake up on my phone. Your art and writing is fun, charming, exciting, and fantastic.

We love and appreciate you, Tom! I'm so happy you can make a living doing what you love, and I will always look forward to whatever you do next. Gunnerkrigg Court is a shining star among comics and storytelling.

And if anyone's look to support Tom, might I suggest a handsome print? They look really nice framed (crummy camera phone quality aside):

And I can't wait until the 4th book is out; I'm buying one immediately.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Zemyla posted:

You probably mean "terrible robot" syndrome. :colbert:

Is there a difference?

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW

runwiled posted:

NO. This is what we should do: we should create Boxbot curtains for Tom.

Or perhaps no mind should conceive of such terrible drapery.

Too late.

For further terribleness, check out that wholly intentional, non-tiling space background. How does one go about mailing drapes to the UK?

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
Does Mr Siddel lurk in this thread or something? You all talk like he does!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Dyllyn posted:

Does Mr Siddel lurk in this thread or something? You all talk like he does!

Yes, his name here is Tea-san

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
We have yet to scare him off, amazingly.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

DNA Cowboys posted:

Too late.

For further terribleness, check out that wholly intentional, non-tiling space background. How does one go about mailing drapes to the UK?

Oh my god.

Look at how horrible that is.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

The worst curtains. Truly terrible.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Roger Explosion posted:

We have yet to scare him off, amazingly.

He's been a goon since before he started GC. He knows the score.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Also he's not a woman.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well, after reading Homestuck for the second time the other week, I decided to read this series since there's a lot of overlap in the avatar department.

So after reading Homestuck twice, that was just too drat quick. I've now read the whole story in a week binging through it at the same pace and now I'm caught up. It's going to be very rough for me now. I think I'm going to have to buy the books so I have that excuse to re-read this story too.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

IUG posted:

I think I'm going to have to buy the books so I have that excuse to re-read this story too.

You never need an excuse to either buy the books or read the story again. You should be doing both, if possible.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

neogeo0823 posted:

You never need an excuse to either buy the books or read the story again. You should be doing both, if possible.

Almost every time someone links a page in here I went up reading from that page for at least a couple chapters, if not entirely catching up to the present again.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Y'know, I'm not even mad. Bring on the City Face extravaganza. I hear they have a crazy budget this time around.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
It's too good not to use, really:

Bonus: He looks so...sad...

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 15, 2013

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Bonus: He looks so...sad...

Yeah, the art on this page is really great. Sort of a shame that making it avatar sized looses a lot of the detail in the eyes, those are really well done. :allears:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

I want to get this without text, but my current avatar isn't that old yet. Then again, changing them frequently keeps it fresh...

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
The art on this page is phenominal, wow.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
Please be a week of City Face

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Laser Cow posted:

I think you mean two weeks of City Face :colbert:

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

Laser Cow posted:

NO.

Please be two weeks of City Face!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh man yes I have to stop lurking to celebrate the (likely) return of City Face.

Also that art is incredible, goddamn. It really highlights how much better it's gotten overall since Tom quit his dayjob.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dogdoo 8 posted:

NO.

Please be two weeks of City Face!

BOOOOOO.

Please be a week of City Face and a week of Mort. :colbert:

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

Onean posted:

BOOOOOO.

Please be a week of City Face and a week of Mort. :colbert:

Mort is a great supporting actor, but can he really hold the spotlight on his own?

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Ugh, these two weeks are gonna spoil me. And this page, goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Dogdoo 8 posted:

Mort is a great supporting actor, but can he really hold the spotlight on his own?

You're right. He needs to pair up with Dr. Disaster.

Gorgeous page by the way.