Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

I had to wait for the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

I love these short ones so much. :allears: Felt the need to do this. Throat's been jacked up since Sunday, but good practice!

For content: Iowa Fashion Week Begins.

"According to reports, dozens of fans clamored to watch models strut down the butcher-paper catwalk in Conference Room B wearing Jockey’s 2013 line of white crew-neck tees as the Roosevelt High School jazz band performed a rendition of Katy Perry’s Firework."

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Kim Jong-Un, Justin Timberlake Meet To Pick New Pope, According To Shameless Attempt To Increase Web Traffic

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Report: Aspirin Taken Daily With Bottle Of Bourbon Reduces Awareness Of Heart Attacks

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Aramek posted:

For content: Iowa Fashion Week Begins.

"According to reports, dozens of fans clamored to watch models strut down the butcher-paper catwalk in Conference Room B wearing Jockey’s 2013 line of white crew-neck tees as the Roosevelt High School jazz band performed a rendition of Katy Perry’s Firework."

The tears from this are too good.

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/...?nclick_check=1

quote:

Instead of relying solely on my own snark, I enlisted Iowa native Todd Snyder for expert reaction to “Iowa Fashion Week.”

“Is that a real thing?” he asked.

Sorry, Onion, but New York City fashion kingpin Snyder never had heard of you. The 45-year-old menswear mogul was named one of the best designers in America last year by GQ, among other accolades.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I noticed they changed the picture of the Iowa Fashion Week article. Was there something wrong with the old lady? The article's a bit more subtle now, I guess.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Opposition To Soda Ban Sad Proof That Americans Still Fight For What They Believe In

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/pope-insanity-mxlv-selected,31656/

I love their nightmarish photoshops for these.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

QueenQuintessence posted:

I hate to cause a fuss or derail or anything, but I'm just curious, is there any way around the pay wall? besides the obvious.

Hit the Escape key just after the article loads and it'll stop the paywall pop-over from coming up.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
Well, that was fast.

Pope Francis Resigns

Wubbles
Oct 30, 2011
Kevin, you've got to find a different line of work. You can't keep doing this to yourself, man: Mom Calmly Emptying Dishwasher As If Shrieking Argument Didn’t Happen 10 Minutes Ago

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Jesus CHRIST: Sometimes I Wonder What Life Would Be Like If I Hadn’t Turned Down ‘Star Wars’ And Thrown Natalie Wood Off That Boat, by Christopher Walken

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

Nervous Pope Candidate Changes Wine Into Jesus Christ's Urine

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Next Episode Of 'Girls' To Feature Lena Dunham making GBS threads Herself During Gyno Exam While Eating A Burrito

EDIT: Also the thread is a year old today :toot:

Handsome Ralph has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Mar 14, 2013

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Was that like OJ where everyone knows he did it but the lawyer found a technicality?

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

Analytic Engine posted:

Was that like OJ where everyone knows he did it but the lawyer found a technicality?

Everyone basically assumes it was Robert Wagner. There was never a trial or anything.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Today Now is back.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Sad Kevin does a slideshow: Top 10 Most Adorable Dogs!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ultrafilter posted:

That's just mean.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
Headline: Republicans Reach Out To Women With New 'No Punch Pretty Lady' Bill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lsi4xh0PjE

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

That's just mean.

Puppy #4: Tomorrow, same car.

Beautiful.

(I wonder if they'll eventually switch out that photo of Alan Alda? For another one of him, of course.)

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/company-immediately-calls-job-applicant-upon-seein,31669/

Man this hits close to home.

quote:

SEATTLE—Calling his résumé “exceptional” and “like nothing we’ve ever seen,” the human resources department at local public relations firm Brink & Tiller called 22-year-old job applicant Corey Wilhelm immediately after noticing he had a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications, sources confirmed Wednesday.

Wilhelm’s résumé, which was e-mailed to the firm in regards to an entry-level job opening, was reportedly forwarded to the highest levels of the company, after which executives scrambled to contact the 2012 University of Washington graduate and offer him the position.

“A Bachelor of Arts? In communications? I mean, where did this kid come from?” said HR director Robert Bradshaw, who, after seeing Wilhelm’s impressive 3.20 cumulative GPA, walked the résumé directly into the company president’s office and said, “We must hire this person immediately.” “I mean, not only did Corey manage to get into the University of Washington School of Communication right out of high school, but—get this—he then graduated with a degree in that very field. A Bachelor of Arts, no less. Rare and gifted is all I have to say.”

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Fezziwig
Jun 7, 2011

I had a hard time reading that article because I wish I could be that guy. Hooray for Bachelor's Degrees you can't get a job with! :smith:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I Am Old And Confused And Paralyzed With Sexual Frustration
By Pope Francis I

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I don't get what this is satirizing. People with comm degrees? Are they generally considered to be entitled assholes or what?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
No, they're considered to be useless degrees that make it hard to find employment.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

UnfurledSails posted:

I don't get what this is satirizing. People with comm degrees? Are they generally considered to be entitled assholes or what?

Comm is generally considered to be for people who couldn't hack it in one of the more discipline focused business degrees.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

ultrafilter posted:

Has anyone checked on Kevin in a while? Made sure he's okay and stuff? I'm getting kind of worried.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

"World's Youngest Person Born"

http://www.theonion.com/articles/worlds-youngest-person-born,5454/

So short, and yet still had me cracking up for a day for some reason.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Missing Name posted:

"World's Youngest Person Born"

http://www.theonion.com/articles/worlds-youngest-person-born,5454/

So short, and yet still had me cracking up for a day for some reason.

I can totally see this coming from someone's stoned epiphany: "Dude...everyone was the youngest person in the world when they were born..."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Irish-Americans Gear Up For 'The Reinforcin' O' The Stereotypes'

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Athlete Overcomes Rape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWLJZw9Ws-g

This apparently originally came out a few years ago when Comedy Central had an Onion TV show.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious
Pfizer Kingpin Gunned Down In Ongoing Prescription Drug Cartel Turf War

Includes this gem:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Athlete Overcomes Rape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWLJZw9Ws-g

This apparently originally came out a few years ago when Comedy Central had an Onion TV show.
For those not up on recent 24 hour cable news controversies,
CNN grieves that guilty verdict ruined 'promising' lives of Steubenville rapists

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Holy poo poo that is loving horrible. Do you know if there's a thread talking about this?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

prefect posted:

Holy poo poo that is loving horrible. Do you know if there's a thread talking about this?

There was one back in January, but it was closed because it turned to poo poo as rape threads in GBS inevitably do.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Does anyone know if Tim Duncan is aware of all the Onion articles about him?

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI
This one always makes me giggle like a child.

Paleontologists: 'We've Been Looking At Dinosaurs Upside Down'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

DMV Reconsidering 'One For The Road' Driver Relaxation Campaign