Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
One thing I had not foreseen regarding the site being down is I can't stare at seth's corner when I get high like I usually do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Binowru posted:

If the site weren't down, I could show you, but there's basically a custom google map of LA with markers of where a lot of their stories happened (Sunset Junction, Jamba Juice, Whole Foods, etc.). One of the markers is Seth's car.

Is this a fan made thing or is it actually part of the site?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
"Don't bring your loving guns over here"

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Bolek posted:

Is this a fan made thing or is it actually part of the site?

It was part of the site

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Binowru posted:

It was part of the site

Seems bizarre to me considering his self imposed exile from social media/cell service etc that he would be cool with something that intrusive.

Guy's a paradox.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Jonathan's story on ep 39 about humpin' to bodybuilders made me laugh the hardest I have ever laughed at a podcast at work.

As did Seth's callback later in the episode. "Well, I do it a little, and you don't do it at all." "gently caress pillows?"

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Holy loving poo poo new tv

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Full panny when they mentioned the high school I graduated from is trying to get bass fishing as a sport.

I love living in southwest Missouri.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

CaptainRat posted:

Jonathan's story on ep 39 about humpin' to bodybuilders made me laugh the hardest I have ever laughed at a podcast at work.

Weirdly, this was the first thing I thought of when Jonathan was talking in the newest episode about how he used to JO to 'Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling'. Seth particularly intense and great this episode, I thank the new TV.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Straight up talking about my old college, too. I'll need to stop by UC's campus in order to snap pics of the vagina billboards.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Stupid bitch, doesn't even have a dick!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Episode 171 is a notable episode and great extended Seth freak-out that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread yet - it's when Jonathan tells Seth that he's stopped being vegetarian.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's been mentioned a few times. Particularly at how it affects Seth's personal convictions of how committed he's been to staying sober.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
259 is so awesome. Seth describes a recurring nightmare where he wakes up in the middle of night, sneezes, and someone responds "God bless you".

Brinstar Brew
Aug 8, 2007

Who's the guy in the Victorian diving apparatus?

beep by grandpa posted:

It's been mentioned a few times. Particularly at how it affects Seth's personal convictions of how committed he's been to staying sober.

seth's sobriety rants are amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9qtPo7VqGU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Latest ep is pretty stellar. Looks like all we needed to bring Jonathan back into the game was to get Seth's never-off TV gone.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Yeah this week was amazing, I completely lost it at Seth's reaction to Jonathan admitting doing poppers in a club.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

My favorite was how after his holloween sobriety rant he did come back with an awesome story about how he became mystery's wingman

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
I love how a man who drives a rusty piece of poo poo Sundance now owns a 50+ inch 3D television.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

If he gets rid of the Mouth Dance, the show will end.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Hey guys, Seth just sent me a e-mail from his new Google+ account and told me that, get this, not only did he just buy a 50+ 3D TV, but he also sold his 'Dance, ate a plate of BBQ ribs, moved to Miami, started drinking again, and opened a facebook account.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

jackhunter64 posted:

I completely lost it at Seth's reaction to Jonathan admitting doing poppers in a club.

Listened to a good Seth reaction towards Jah recently (somewhere in the 80s? Or one of the latest episodes)- Seth reads a story about a Coke delivery guy and Pepsi delivery guy getting into a fistfight at a Wal-Mart loading dock, and Seth ask Jah who beat up who. Jah thinks for a second and, cool as ice, says "Pepsi beat up Coke" and Seth loses it because he got it right. His logic was great too (Pepsi is the "little brother" of the two so it has more of an ax to grind).

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Yeah, sobriety rants might be my favorite thing on the show. They usually have me laughing hysterically. My favorite is the one where Jonathan does the story about the study where people who drink usually live longer than sober people. I can't remember what ep it's in but it's glorious.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
So i had an Uhh Yeah Dream last night. Nothing crazy, just that i turned on QVC and seth was on there hocking some crazy energy supplement or something. Pretty great.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Quality
Value
Convenience

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Mike & Ed's is the best BBQ in the Great State of Alabama and anyone who disagrees can eat a dick goddammit

E: Issue fixed

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 17, 2013

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yo Yo Yo...episode 40. The UYDudes start the podcast with a call to one John Laroquette...his son wants to be the first to wish him a happy birthday. You hear him, and his son, Jonathan. Just a father and son. Dope. UYD 4 LYFE. PERIOD.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Jah quit smoking and took poppers instead.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

inferis posted:

Jah quit smoking and took poppers instead.

The world we live in is mysterious and enchanting.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

a starwar betamax posted:

Hey guys, Seth just sent me a e-mail from his new Google+ account and told me that, get this, not only did he just buy a 50+ 3D TV, but he also sold his 'Dance, ate a plate of BBQ ribs, moved to Miami, started drinking again, and opened a facebook account.
I'm pretty sure the new television is real, but it was probably Johnathan intervening and giving Seth another television.

Zeeco
Jan 4, 2012

caligulamprey posted:

I'm pretty sure the new television is real, but it was probably Johnathan intervening and giving Seth another television.

I was just listening to I think episode 200 where they talk about the first 3D television channel and Seth talks about how genuinely down he is.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Yeah the TV is definitely real. Seth has been talking about his love for 3D since the beginning of the show.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
http://theorientaltheater.com/event/134336 lucky loving denver goons gently caress

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

CaptainJuan posted:

http://theorientaltheater.com/event/134336 lucky loving denver goons gently caress

Just came here to post that, I'd love to go see them live but I'm not a Denver goon :(

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Denver 4 lyfe, UYD 4 lyfe. So stoked. When I saw it on Facebook I was a little skeptical (just because that's not where I thought I would see it first), but you can buy tickets online and everything.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Denver is 6 hours away from me but this is pretty tempting

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Fallom posted:

Denver is 6 hours away from me but this is pretty tempting

Go for it. I've always found the live eps a little meh for podcast listening, but the energy there in the theater is great. I traveled the same distance for the first live show, and didn't regret it at all (of course, it was pretty easy to make a sweet weekend of it in nyc).

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I drove up from Philly to Boston for that show and it was totally worth it. Though I did have family and friends to make a weekend out of it with.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Hmm, 11 hour drive. Always wanted to check out Denver. Maybe stop in to see Horseballs the Horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
I live in LA, so I'm sure I'll have a chance to see them live at some point. The only issue is, I really don't know if I could stand to see them live. It's not UYD, it's just the awkwardness of the obsessed laugh-at-their-every-word type crowds that go along with it. It's not so much that I'm being curmudgeonly (although I will admit I am a bit); I don't fault or think anything negative about the fans for acting like that. We cool dudes. It's just that poo poo like that doesn't appeal to me and usually ruins my experience. I've been to similar types of shows with similar crowd dynamics like that in the past and never really enjoyed it overall. All of this combined with the fact that no one I know listens to UYD, and there's even less motivation to grin and bear it.

I not saying I want everyone to shut up like we are watching loving theater or anything either, It's a comedy show after all, and a bit of a UYD town hall type thing I guess. It's just a fine line between appropriate audience participation and obnoxious poo poo that can ruin the vibe. I know it's just my neurosis and most of you will likely think I'm a weirdo, but I can't help but feel this way.

I say all this but I probably will end up wanting to go when a show actually comes along. I likely won't have the willpower to miss it.Plus I would feel bad If I didn't go when there are so many other goons in UYD Nation that would kill for the chance. :patriot:

One thing is for sure, if I go it's gonna be a weird loving show for whoever I take cause I don't know anyone who listens to UYD. I can see the conversation now. "Yeah, it's a comedy podcast, but not as dumb as that sounds. They talk about American Culture, like sexy babies."