Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ChaosArgate posted:

Umm... why did you link us to a different LP? Is the idea to show us that you're carrying over your previous workflow and ideas to this project?

Either I was hallucinating or you edited the link out. Either way, you don't have anything to show and we can't judge anything.

I posted the test post for critique on the test post itself. And to see what people thought of making almost every choice up to the viewers. Perhaps I should simplify the explanation on choices and not mention the calculations unless someone brings it up in the post?

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Waltzing Along posted:

1 - better?
2 - changed
3 - Well, I want every choice to be made by someone else.

To clarify, suppose the first five people to vote choose: X, X, A, X, Y. Then when the dialog choices come up, I will choose X for the first, X for the second, and so on. I don't think it is complex at all. It makes the game a bit more random, but puts everything out of my hands.

Holy poo poo, you're either trying to outdo Dangan Ronpa in the "useless white noise" category, or you really don't know better. All that'll achieve is goons shouting random letters for ten thousand pages.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Waltzing Along posted:

I posted the test post for critique on the test post itself. And to see what people thought of making almost every choice up to the viewers. Perhaps I should simplify the explanation on choices and not mention the calculations unless someone brings it up in the post?

If that's the case, then I'd say you should add a bit more background to your OP; explain to us what the Walking Dead is and where this fits into the timeline of the franchise, if at all.

I think you should omit the calculations entirely; if you're adding a random element to it, why bother having choices? And I agree with the sentiment that major decisions should be the only ones left up to the audience.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

1 - better?
2 - changed
3 - Well, I want every choice to be made by someone else.

To clarify, suppose the first five people to vote choose: X, X, A, X, Y. Then when the dialog choices come up, I will choose X for the first, X for the second, and so on. I don't think it is complex at all. It makes the game a bit more random, but puts everything out of my hands.

A better idea would be to play a certain type of persona for each chapter, voted by the audience, rather than having them pick every single solitary dialog option because holy poo poo is that tedious.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lance Streetman posted:

Holy poo poo, you're either trying to outdo Dangan Ronpa in the "useless white noise" category, or you really don't know better. All that'll achieve is goons shouting random letters for ten thousand pages.

You're right. That's not what I want at all. Dammit. That would make for a horrible thread.

How about a caveat that says if you want to vote you have to actually comment? Thuryl's SSLP of World of Xeen has voting on almost every page and it doesn't seem to hurt things. In that LP it is more like, Climb the Tower or go Outside? And then there will be twenty or so comments but it doesn't seem intrusive.

Also, I do appreciate the constructive criticism and advice. I just want to do a good LP of this fantastic game. I'm sure someone who knows the game can see what I am shooting for.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Waltzing Along posted:

How about a caveat that says if you want to vote you have to actually comment?

No, then you'll have even more useless poo poo. Just don't have voting on every single thing, it's too much poo poo for not enough reward.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ChaosArgate posted:

If that's the case, then I'd say you should add a bit more background to your OP; explain to us what the Walking Dead is and where this fits into the timeline of the franchise, if at all.

I think you should omit the calculations entirely; if you're adding a random element to it, why bother having choices? And I agree with the sentiment that major decisions should be the only ones left up to the audience.

Well, I don't really have anything to say about the timeline because I haven't seen any other TWD content.

You are 100% correct about the random element. I will drop that entirely. So the audience will make the A/B decisions. I will use some sort of randomizer for dialog options. Better?

Brainamp posted:

No, then you'll have even more useless poo poo. Just don't have voting on every single thing, it's too much poo poo for not enough reward.

Yeah. Definitely not going to do that.

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, I don't really have anything to say about the timeline because I haven't seen any other TWD content.

Maybe you should do some research on what you're LPing instead of making awful jokes about loving people with trashcans on their heads.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SpaceGodzilla posted:

Maybe you should do some research on what you're LPing instead of making awful jokes about loving people with trashcans on their heads.

Maybe I have no interest in the show which really has little to do with the game?

E: I'll repost a new OP when I have a video to share.

Thanks again for the help, everyone.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

You are 100% correct about the random element. I will drop that entirely. So the audience will make the A/B decisions. I will use some sort of randomizer for dialog options. Better?

Oh right, I forgot about that bit. In that case, would it be possible to talk a bit about what kind of game it is? The only thing I can tell from your OP is that the game is very decision-driven; it doesn't tell me what the game is about or what kind of game it is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh right, I forgot about that bit. In that case, would it be possible to talk a bit about what kind of game it is? The only thing I can tell from your OP is that the game is very decision-driven; it doesn't tell me what the game is about or what kind of game it is.

Good point. I will do that. Thanks.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

judge reinhold posted:

A better idea would be to play a certain type of persona for each chapter, voted by the audience, rather than having them pick every single solitary dialog option because holy poo poo is that tedious.

I tend to agree with this. Choose four options for persona (nurturing, aggressive, pacifist, self-destructive? I don't know, I haven't played the game) at the beginning, and for any given update have a vote on which persona you're going to be playing.

It'd simplify things immensely, and still hold to the "I don't want to make any choices" thing for the most part. Or, use the vote tallies for "personality" and run that through random.org (per your initial suggestion) for each AXBY choice in an update.

Having each choice be dictated by goons is probably going too far though.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 15, 2013

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Waltzing Along posted:

Maybe I have no interest in the show which really has little to do with the game?

I would still look up the show. I mean, at least go to the Walking Dead wiki. Two (maybe three?) characters in the game are from the show so you should mention that.

Edit: also, every chapter has an easily recognizable "big choice." You could have people vote on it seperately from the persona vote if you wanted to

Honestly, there was a Spec Ops: The Line LP that I enjoyed that ran on a similar formula.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 15, 2013

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Are there any other concerns about my Exile LP, aside from "Why not do the remake"?

Because I get really nervous if I start doing things right and perfectly the first time.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

judge reinhold posted:

Yeah, something like this. For my Divinity 2 thread, after the tutorial ended, I had the goons vote for where the character was on the spectrum of a selected few personality traits. I did that once, then was done and I used those to pick the dialogue choices for the rest of the LP. It was much better than having them vote for each conversation choice.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I would also like to know if anyone else has any suggestions for my LP.

mateo360 posted:

This Series Is How Old? Let's Play Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

In celebration of the series 20th anniversary, I have decided to go back and replay the Mighty Morphin games on both the SNES and the Genesis. These games while still not the best, were a lot better the treatment most games that come from this series get.

Series Plot
After 10,000 years of being trapped in a space Garbage Can, Rita Repulsa wants to conquer the closest planet: Earth. Unfortunately, she decided to start her conquest on the small California city of Angel Grove where near by her old nemesis, Zordon, lives in his American Jewish University house. When Rita attacks Zordon tells his robotic C-3PO knock-off Alpha 5 to bring him "Five overbearing and emotional humans" (read: Teenagers with attitude)to become Power Rangers. Instead of moving on to a different planet (or at least a different town) Rita sends down monsters to trying and destroy Angel Grove and the Power Rangers. In the end, some how the monster ties in to whatever moral crisis a ranger is facing that day.

Rangers

Jason: Red Ranger
Zord: Tyrannosaurs

Trini: Yellow Ranger
Zord: Saber-Tooth Tiger

Billy: Blue Ranger
Zord Triceratops

Kimberly: Pink Ranger
Zord: Pterodactyl

Zack: Black Ranger
Zord: Mastadon

Villains

Rita Repulsa

Goldar

Episodes
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (SNES)
Level 1 - Downtown Angel Grove Youtube Gamerstube

berryjon posted:

Are there any other concerns about my Exile LP, aside from "Why not do the remake"?

Because I get really nervous if I start doing things right and perfectly the first time.

Your OP and updates are looking good to me.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm pretty sure the show is just based on a comic book series, so you could always look that up. I don't know how loosely the show or game follow it though.

Edit: nevermind I guess you already glossed over that in your OP. I second the recommendation to put in the effort and do research. Although I guess it will be interesting to see if the game can make you care about the characters as deeply as people familiar with the series seem to after playing the game.

unfair fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 15, 2013

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lizard Wizard posted:

This might just be personal taste, but you might want to shrink the portraits by about half. Those 85x85 portraits kind of create a lot of
unnecessary space.

What's a good size for portaits?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Volume posted:

I've found that 50x50 or 60x60 is a pretty good range; usually when it gets into the 80x80 range or higher, it just starts to become a bit too big (unless of course the LP'er finds that it's hard to make out what the portraits look like).

As an example this is 50x60: , it's not quite as big but it's still fairly easy to make out what it is.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

mateo360 posted:

I would also like to know if anyone else has any suggestions for my LP.

All I'd say is I agree with the previous comments that your commentary is a little dry and you could use a co-commentator, but otherwise, you're very informative and your video quality is perfectly fine. I'd say you're good to go unless you want to redo your commentary.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I hope this LP turns out all right. I really like this game and want to expose more people to the goofiness. :3:

Picayune posted:

Mahtapa Woolang Harrier Jet: Let's Play MySims Agents!

Do what now?

In the mid-2000s, the Nintendo Wii and DS were both A Big New Deal. EA wanted to jump on that bandwagon. They wanted to jump on it hard. I imagine that the decision-making process went something like this:

- These new Nintendo machines are for babbies and casuals appeal to a wide audience, including a lot of younger gamers and families.
- Therefore we should make our new Nintendo-exclusive franchise cheerful, simple, colorful, and E-for-everyone-rated.
- Hey, don't we have a franchise like that already?
- Sort of?
- Close enough!

Shortly thereafter the market was flooded with MySims games for both platforms in nearly every non-violent game genre, starting with the original MySims, in which you moved adorable blockheaded mascots into your magical town and then made them furniture out of colored blocks until the repetition drove you mad.

(Get used to those blockheaded mascots, by the way. All the games draw from the same largish cast of MySims. I'll mention their roles in other games whenever it seems appropriate.)

MySims Agents is a surprisingly well-written and funny light platformer/puzzler/point-and-click adventure. Generally considered to be the strongest entry in the franchise (despite a few obviously cut corners) Agents was released in 2009 on both the Wii and the DS. The versions are fairly dissimilar and have different plots and gameplay mechanics; we'll be playing the Wii version, because it's my favorite.

So it's like The Sims?

Not really, no.

Some things will definitely feel familiar--interactions, Simlish, plumb-bobs--but the games don't have that much in common, despite the MySims games theoretically being a spinoff of The Sims. No houses full of goonSims here, alas.

There are a few crossovers and references, which I'll talk about when we get there.

What will we do in this LP?

We'll play wisecracking special agents going on secret missions to save the world from EVIL! We'll help the downtrodden! We'll solve crimes! We'll fall off things! A lot! We'll even recruit a crack team of junior agents and send them on their own special missions and then laugh when they fail to complete the simplest tasks!

We'll also constantly change clothes, restyle our hair, and redecorate our fancy HQ, as I intend to find and show off all the extras salted away in hidden chests.

This will be a lightly-narrative screenshot LP with occasional bursts of italics to denote stuff I made up.

:siren: Please keep any spoilers behind spoiler tags. Also, don't be creepy. :siren:

1. Your Friendly Neighborhood Detective
2. A Dog Divided
- Interlude: Let's Poke Things

- Cover art for the Wii version

Unfortunately the game has no manual camera controls whatsoever, so I'm at the game's mercy there. Also, capturing Wii footage is an experience.

Does it look all right?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

berryjon posted:

First thing I'd suggest is cut all the stuff where you yourself talk to your character. It's just awkward and can quickly venture into creepy territory (though that's an extreme example). The rest of the dialogue works well, though.

Also, you should have blank lines between screenshots and the text, as it'll help it read better. You may also want to use a sprite for your character instead of a face shot so the dialogue portraits are consistent in size, though it also helps people recognize who your character is, plus the sprites are generally ugly, so it's difficult to really give a good suggestion either way.

Everything else looks solid to me. I've certainly put a ton of time into Exile 3, and I prefer the Exile games to the Avernum ones myself, so I have no problems with you choosing Exile over Avernum. Hell, it gives a look into how this line of games began. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Keep up the fire! Let's all die horribly in the Fields of Fire!

I have a confession to make: I really hate the bloated, incomprehensible mess that is Fields of Fire. At the same time, I consider it to be one of the best games I've ever played in my life. To be honest, it appears that every single person that had bought it has the same love/hate relationship with it. My wish with this Let's Play is to both show this unique game to broader audiences and to have someone to shame me into not ragequitting in the middle of a campaign yet another time.

So, what's the deal with this game?
Fields of Fire is a solitaire board game putting us in the shoes of a company commander, published by GMT Games in 2008. It features a rather innovative take on the genre, shunning many established conventions. The way I like to explain it, Fields of Fire is not as much about commanding a company as it is about being a company commander. It's a game that disregards whether a unit possesses BARs or not and is content to measure terrain in units of "between 10 and 100 metres each, uhh work it out yourself, dude" and yet meticulously tracks which radio model you're using and which frequency it is on. Designer Ben Hull, who is a marine officer himself, managed to really hit the mark when it comes to representing what it's like to be a commander, crafting narratives, and - most deviously - making you really care about your little cardboard infantrymen.

Quite unorthodoxly, instead of covering a single battle or theater of operations, the game follows particular unit, 9th Infantry Regiment, "Manchus", through four campaigns set in Normandy, Korea and Vietnam, allowing us to see the evolution of US Army capabilities and tactics as well as arrival of sweet new radios! It also means there's a lot of content. Just look at this poo poo:

At total 880 counters (not a single NATO symbol among them, I promise) and 220 cards split between the theaters it's hardly an exaggeration to claim Fields of Fire is three different games packed into one unassuming box. Coupled with the fact each mission will look radically different each time, the game offers a lot of replayability.

So far it sounds pretty cool, why the hate?

To begin with, these player aids are all double-sided to fit more tables. While certainly not a "monster" game, the game is fairly detailed and complex, with counter swarms of larger scenarios becoming quite confusing and tedious. Most damningly, Fields of Fire rightfully earned a reputation of being nigh-incomprehensible and having a learning curve rivalling that of the Dwarf Fortress. The game shipped with the most :psyduck:, badly organised, rulebook in existence, which coupled with lack of another, more experienced, player at the table or meaningful parallels with other games made it really hard to know how it was supposed to work. When you do get it everything usually makes sense. Having said that, sometimes the rules really just are lax or obtuse and I still expect to do some minor mistakes!

Goon participation!

I'd like to off-load some decision-making to you guys, to have someone to blame if when things go wrong despairingly bleak. I will be offering you some CYOA-ish choices of preferred loadout, battle plan, attitude towards HQs weird requests, etc. to vote on. We'll keep it general, as it'll allow me to drip-feed the mechanics talk through the updates and minimise the initial info dumps to only what you'll need to understand what you're looking at.

Feel free to name or claim particular officers for fluff reasons! Just don't get too attached to them.

You've piqued my interest, where can I get this game?

Sadly, your best best is scavenging Ebay, as it's long out of print. But do not despair! First off, there is a possibility of us getting both a reprint and a second game in the series, covering the exploits of 1st Marine Division. The reprint is stuck in the P500 program for quite a while, meaning GMT games needs a few more pre-orders to consider it viable. The second volume is subject to the same pre-order requirements, but it has the benefit of both fans who already have the first game, as well as generally being a new, shiny thing.

The publisher has repeatedly stated he's interested in making an iOS port of the game, but all I know currently is that the supposed work started six months ago and that their first contracted developer bailed on them. Still, we will probably see it finished within our lifetimes!

To end on a good note, since GMT uploaded the vehicle chart I think you can grab everything you need to play via Vassal (the floorboard emulator I'm using for this LP) on the publisher site. As well as a revised rulebook, thank heavens. If you like it, don't be an rear end and throw some money at GMT! They're really cool dudes and I want to see more of this game printed!

[probably in a second post:]

Regimental Archives

Mission 1: Trévières Offensive, June 8 to 10, 1944
General Briefing - What the hell am I looking at?!!
Turn 1 [link] - subtitle pending

[The mock-up turn is being written right now!]

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 16, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Volume posted:

I'd say it depends on the game's native resolution, how distinct the character designs are from one another at a small size, if they're expressive or they have just one portrait per character, and how much portraiture you're doing.

I used around 32x32 for TWEWY since each character has a pretty distinct appearance and the game's 256x192, so I just had to crop and not resize. FFT's were smaller since each character usually only has one portrait.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

When all you've got is snark, you play Hotel Dusk!

Title: Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (In Japan, Wish Room: Angel's memory)
Genre: Adventure/Visual novel
Release dates: NA: Jan 22 2007, JP: Jan 25 2007, AUS: Feb 22 2007, EU: Apr 13 2007
Platform: Nintendo DS
Developer: Cing
Publisher: Nintendo

Introduction

Hey there, everyone. Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is easily one of my most favourite games for the DS. While its not without its flaws, I am a big fan of both its plot and characters, and that is why I have chosen to LP it.
Set in the late 70s, this game has you control Kyle Hyde as he searches an old hotel searching for information about his old partner, also helping out the other guests along the way.
One thing of note about this game is that it is played with the DS turned sideways, like a book. This is used in conversation scenes by showing one character on one screen, and one on the other, a use of the dual screen gimmick which I find to be pretty neat.
In terms of gameplay, the game mostly controls kind of like a point-and-click. You move the main character around, and use the touchscreen to investigate objects. You'll also occasionally run into puzzles which can be solved via the myriad of inputs on the DS, mostly the touchscreen. There are also conversation segments, but I'll get into those when they come up.
For this playthrough, I'll be providing links to the music where it changes. I will be going for the good ending, which is obtained by never getting a single game over across the playthrough. However, I will show off game overs that I find to be entertaining. If there's a particular one you want me to show, just let me know.

I'll be presenting dialogue like this:

Game dialogue
My commentary
*Sound effects*

Update 1
Update 2
Update 3

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I'd say it depends on the game's native resolution, how distinct the character designs are from one another at a small size, if they're expressive or they have just one portrait per character, and how much portraiture you're doing.

I used around 32x32 for TWEWY since each character has a pretty distinct appearance and the game's 256x192, so I just had to crop and not resize. FFT's were smaller since each character usually only has one portrait.

Right. Like, someone just said that 85x85 is too big, but for example these are 70x79 and it's already kind of hard to see the slight difference in emotion.

(Resized straight from the raw image textures Here the difference is clearly visible.)

To be fair, you could crop these a bit, but then you lose having either consistent image sizes (Raven here would take up more space than Yuri up there.), or consistent character sizes if you resize, where some characters -- or, hell, even some portraits of the same character -- appear to be way bigger than others due to how the resizing ends up on a per-image basis.

It's something you probably need to decide on a case-to-case basis.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Yeah, larger portraits are important if you are trying to do multiple expressions. I go with 50x50 usually because I don't, so they just need to be recognizably different.

Definitely any bigger than those portraits above is too big.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Your shots seem to be squished and stretched a bit in the second and third updates compared to the first

Update 1 posted:

Update 3 posted:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mateo360 posted:

Your shots seem to be squished and stretched a bit in the second and third updates compared to the first

Ah, I guess I didn't notice that until it was pointed out to me.

Does this look any better?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I couldn't find a single thing wrong with this.

shinmai
Oct 9, 2007

CHK Instruction
That MySims game looks really cool, too bad it was "soiled" by the franchise, I had no idea this existed until now, and it seems like something I would've enjoyed when it was generally available for purchase. Both updates in the test posts looked just fine to me as well, will need to keep an eye out for this one, for sure.

Lichtenstein posted:

Field of Fire

I may be a huge moron, but is there actual LP content somewhere in there? Looks like it could be interesting, but can't really say anyting based on nothing but the OP.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Since portrait chat seemed to have spun off of my test-post, I'll bring up by dilemma. Now, I'm aware 85x85 is pretty big, but the portraits in Trails are fairly expressive, and there's a lot of different expressions. (Estelle has at least 26 different expressions, and over 50 if you count different outfits.) So making them half their current size is just too small. So here's some different sizes I've experimented with, what works best?

(I deliberately chose fairly similar expressions here.)

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

shinmai posted:

I may be a huge moron, but is there actual LP content somewhere in there? Looks like it could be interesting, but can't really say anyting based on nothing but the OP.

It's still coming, but it simply took me much more time than expected! I had to do some further Vassal module modding and scrap and re-do much of what I had prepared earlier due to my own stupidity. I fully expect to have something real to show today.

[edit] Also, I used the game as an excuse to look at pretty maps and spergy historical articles for half of the day.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 15, 2013

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Cake Attack posted:

Since portrait chat seemed to have spun off of my test-post, I'll bring up by dilemma. Now, I'm aware 85x85 is pretty big, but the portraits in Trails are fairly expressive, and there's a lot of different expressions. (Estelle has at least 26 different expressions, and over 50 if you count different outfits.) So making them half their current size is just too small. So here's some different sizes I've experimented with, what works best?

Honestly, I prefer the bigger ones. If one of the draws of the game is the expressiveness, then I don't want that to be lost in formatting.

Ed: Actually, here's an idea: Use the bigger ones for major conversations between important characters, and use the smaller ones for normal NPC dialogue. Should help the formatting somewhat.

Lance Streetman fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 15, 2013

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Honestly, the 64x64 ones look fine to me. Considering that any change in expression will be incredibly apparent anyway, if there is something so small and subtle as "sometimes X's smile is one pixel more on the left hand side than in others!" then it's not exactly going to matter.

TenaCrane
Sep 14, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cake Attack posted:

If expressions are important then I'd say go with the big ones. Just be consistent in size and I doubt anyone will have problems.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Just for the record, there is a Hotel Dusk LP, already. But it hasn't updated since January.

Sooooooo...:shrug:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

The big ones look fine to me. If space is really that big an issue, then the middle ones should be ok, but I'd lean towards the big ones.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I can't really tell the difference between the large ones, so I think you can use a smaller size mugshot pretty safely. If you want to catch a specific expression in full resolution, you could always put that line of dialogue in a full screenshot in between all the transcribed stuff, I see that kind of thing done all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

VagueRant posted:

Just for the record, there is a Hotel Dusk LP, already. But it hasn't updated since January.

Sooooooo...:shrug:

Things like that aren't an issue. There are at least two Dark Souls LPs going on right now and I know there were, and possibly still are, simultaneous LPs of Majoras Mask as well.

• Locked thread