Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Unis, Destroyers, Barons, L. Losers, champs retain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
Pickem

Cleveland Unicorns
Arkansas Destroyers
Finger Lake Phoenixes
Lovable Losers

Champs retain

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
bring rick reed up while Little is injured.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Super-League IX, Week 5: I envy Sisyphus

Games of the Week

Don May posted:

COUGARS TAKE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE; CTHULHU DREAMS FUMES

Dunwich- There must be some explanation for why Steve Carlton pitched a complete game today. It's just not clear what that is.

This was a winnable game for the Cultists. They scored seven runs off an ineffective Rube Marquard, and all they needed from their pitching was to not be completely horrible.

But Steve Carlton couldn't even give them that and, even worse, he stayed in the game for all nine innings, giving up run after run, and making the Cultists' efforts at the plate completely meaningless. Making the pill even more bitter, the Cougars had won the first two games of the series, and by winning this game, they captured the Intercontinental Title, the greatest victory in the recent history of Detroit.

cbx, the winning owner, celebrated his team's victory, secure in the knowledge that he was hundreds of miles away from Detroit, where the winning of any sort of championship is cause for massive rioting. Still, he was quite happy with the result, "See, good things can still happen in Detroit! Like this! And the Red Wings! And Robocop! And, believe me, Robocop is loving real. I was at this convenience store one night, and it got robbed by a couple of thugs. But then Robocop showed up and killed one and crippled the other. Of course, the guy that lived sued Robocop for "depriving him of his civil rights" or some poo poo like that, and Robocop got tied up in the courts for years. But he eventually won the suit when he just killed the guy suing him, because he figured out that no one had any chance in hell of successfully arresting him. Good guy, though."

In the other locker room, CthulhuDreams brooded, "Why is the Mogul engine working against me like this? It certainly shouldn't be doing such blatantly unfair things to my roster. Letting Carlton stay in the game after he blew a 7-2 lead? Any fair AI would have put in Soria, but no, the broken AI that Smasher Dynamo has made for us ensured that we would go down to a humiliating defeat just because he couldn't stand that anyone in the Super-League is smarter than him and willing to call him out on his ignorance! I deserve better!"

GAME NOTES

-Indian Bob Johnson hit his first home run of the season today, proving that Bob Johnson will drag your team to failure given half a chance.

-The Cougars used two pitchers named 'Rube' in one game, and didn't lose, which is probably the most amazing facet of this game.

-For those who are wondering, the family of the man that Robocop killed in open court declined to file a wrongful death suit after Robocop threatened to make a lot more wrongful deaths if they did so.

Box Score

Don May posted:

LOSERS DEFEAT MILLION DOLLAR MEN 2-1 IN TEN INNINGS

Rockford- The Million Dollar Men are doing better than anyone could have expected, but they've still got a long way to go before they join the Super-League's elite.

Despite today's loss, however, the Million Dollar Men should be pleased with how they performed. Against a team as dominating by the Rockford Losers, who have won the last three Vae Victis division titles without any real struggle, and in Rockford, where hope goes to die and the dead rest uneasy, the Million Dollar Men nonetheless took the game to extra innings.

But the Losers did not get to where they are today by losing games to new fish like the Million Dollar Men and, come the bottom of the tenth, their powerful offense finally came to life, with Jeff Kent hitting a leadoff home run to instantly end the game and give the Losers yet another win.

Lord Mayor Humungus, who has recently came under criticism for creating an "Thunderdome for Kids" where toddlers fought to the the death for sport, announced that the win was not enough, "There was a time when mere victory was enough for me. But now the Bangers are dead. And I mourn their passing, because it was not my hand that choked the very life from their bodies as they lay dying on the ground. Not my eyes that saw the light in their eyes go dark as their soul was consigned to a hellish purgatory from which there will be no escape. It should have been me...Any triumph we have now is lessened by that fact. No matter how many teams I kill, and, rest assured, fellow owners, that the blood of the expansion teams will flow like like a crimson tide of Hawaiian Punch through the Super-League, and will taste nearly as sweet. But no matter how many owners' dreams I crush, I will know that, deep inside, I could not murder Marauder and his Bangers, and that will always haunt me. There is nothing so tragic as when your enemies die of natural causes."

The Million Dollar Men, headed by CVE, took the loss in stride, with CVE telling the press that he still had confidence in his team, "Being the heartless plutocrat that I know am, I spent nearly fifteen minutes today checking on my Roth IRA, and only two hours attempting to reform our existing pension plan to ensure that our retirees are able to live comfortably in their old age. Yes, you heard me correctly, nearly one-eighth the time! Does my insensitivity and greed know no bounds? I would contend that surely it does not! I would end this press conference with an evil laugh, but I have been told that most English-speaking people find the German laugh to be quite disturbing and so, as an act of kindness, I shall refrain from that."

GAME NOTES

-Jeff Kent celebrated his game-winning home run the only way he could think of, "I can't believe I didn't win Survivor! I had the game all figured out! But then they voted for me! Me! America's favorite second baseman of the past fifty years! The man who heroically spent $15,000 dollars on fighting gay marriage and, let's be clear, we loving won that fight...unless that drat Justice Kennedy overturns Prop 8. loving Kennedy. Everyone's against me!"

Box Score

Don May posted:

FINGERS THROWS 'ROLLIE SPECIAL', BARONS WIN 3-2

Providence- There's clutch, and then, a million miles away, there's Rollie Fingers.

In the bottom of the tenth, Rollie Fingers was tasked with extending a 2-2 game to another inning, and, even better, was facin the bottom of a relatively weak Barons lineup. Three outs, in such a circumstance, should have been little more than a formality.

But Rollie Fingers gave up a double to Brooks Robinson, the famously weak-hitting third baseman, and then, a few moments later, an RBI single to Red Schoendienst and, with that, the game was over, and, with that, another brutal loss for the Phoenixes who are struggling to start the season.

The situation for Marauder is grim. He has only one team remaining in Super-League IX, and his Phoenixes lie near the bottom of the standings, and there is a very real chance that, come Super-League X, the Super-League may, for the first time ever, be entirely devoid of Marauder. Still, Marauder was unconcerned, "Frankly, I care more about when Smasher is going to finish that obit that my Bangers are due. As for the rest, well, let's just say I have a funny feeling that all will work out for the best, as Panglossian as that sounds."

gardenald was off in his own little world, "Hey, remember how cbx was talking about Robocop? Well, that reminded me of this scifi show that Peter Weller did about ten years ago called Odyssey Five. It was about these astronauts who were flying in space...and then the world blew up. So this alien came by, and sent them back in time five years to try and stop the world from exploding. And it turns out that the world is run by a bunch of different evil conspiracies. Also, the show was set in Houston, but, because of tax incentives, it was filmed in Toronto, and it didn't look like Houston at all. Why do all cheap science fiction shows shoot in Canada, anyway?"

GAME NOTES

-Honus Wagner hates Providence, hates gardenald, and hates life. That's the only explanation for his terrible numbers this season.

-Bret Saberhagen actually had a good game this time around, but still couldn't get a win.

-There were absolutely no ninja attacks during this game. Not even a little one. Anyone who tells you different is trying to trick you, okay? No ninjas, it didn't happen at all.

-In the alternative, at least only a few people were killed by ninjas at today's game.

Box Score

Don May posted:

JOBBERS DISCOVER SECRET OF THE ANTI-JOB, DRIVE PANDAS TO EXTINCTION WITH 9-1 WIN

Jacksonville- Quis jobabit ipsos jobberes?

Both starting pitchers came into this game 0-5. It was impossible that both could pick up another loss in this game. Still, the favorites today had to have been the Sad Pandas who, unlike the Jobbers, were not an abomination unto reason and sanity.

But it was the Jobbers who, improbably enough, scored a bit win today, scoring nine runs and only giving up one. Armitage, new to success, decided to use this occasion to tell everyone that, "I loving hate Zack Ryder. I hate his theme music, I hate his stupid loving hair, I hate his loving sunglasses, I hate his stupid catchphrase, I hate his lovely matches, because he only knows three loving moves I hate the fact that, unlike all of the other loving jobbers who lose every week, he complains about it on the internet, as if that's going to work."

"I hate his lovely Jersey Shore act, which was tired two years ago when it was actually timely. I hate the fact that people complained when Kane kicked his rear end over and over again, despite the fact that Ryder sucked too much to carry a real feud of his own. I hate the fact that he's used for squash matches and still isn't particularly impressive at those. I loving hate Zack Ryder. Woo! Woo! Woo! You know it!"

Pander, whose team lose this game, somehow, told the media that, "Losing to the Jobbers makes me a saaaaaaaaaaad panda. I thought that moving my team back down to sea level would make them better. And then I thought, "if they're good a sea level, they'd be even better at greater pressures. So I rented a hyperbaric chamber, and put my team in it. But then, while I giving them the pressure treatment, I saw we were running late, so I had to take them out of the chamber without depressurizing it, and my team all got the bends. And it's hard to play baseball with the bends. And that's why I'm so sad."

GAME NOTES

-Imagine that I wrote something really, really witty right here, okay?

Box Score

Team Statistics

Analysis

The Unspecifieds have got their poo poo together! Mainly because they actually have a mildly coherent team identity.

Analysis

And then the Landers murdered your team again.

Analysis

Having a rotation that is going to combine for less that 500 strikeouts on the season total scares me.

Analysis

Doing well, just not as well as the Unspecs. Might be time to reshuffle your bullpen, though.

Analysis

There's some good news, and that's that Mogul thinks Adcock can play LF, and he is a hell of a hitter.

Analysis

Ran right into the red-hot Unspecs.

Analysis

The McCovey/Marichal trade isn't looking too good at the moment.

Analysis

I still feel like you're underperforming.

Analysis

A truly disappointing team, albeit with five months left in the season.

Analysis

CHAMPIONS!

Analysis

The ship may not be sinking, but it is listing heavily.

Analysis

If only your Bonds could be good at the same time.

Analysis

That must have been phenomenally frustrating.

Analysis

It looks like the Jobbers are taking off, to the extent they are able.

Analysis

Time to start clawing your way back.

Analysis

The game has turned against Whitey Ford this season, but you have no replacement on hand for him.

Analysis

The Landers have apparently decided to stop losing altogether.

Analysis

Time for some more creativity. To rest players, Chance to 1B, Munson back to C, Madlock to 2B, and Pujols to 3B. Or, at least, those are my suggestions.

Analysis

A-Rod is struggling because he's 20 years old, and that's really young for a major leaguer and, yes, Mogul does model that.

Analysis

Hitting's decent. The pitching is a crime against humanity.

Analysis

If not for your pitching, you're team would be completely doomed, instead of just mildly doomed.

Analysis

Averill is being criminally underutilized. And I mean that in a very literal sense. Expect the grand jury to issue an indictment in the next couple of days.

Analysis

Man, we're just caught in a landslide, with no escape from reality.

Analysis

Might as well get gingemidget working on a new Vae Victis Division Champions banner now.

Analysis

If I were rigging it, I would rig it less obviously.

Analysis

All the elements are there except success.

Analysis

Division leaders by default.

Analysis

The Machine is working according to the specifications, at least.

Analysis

At least you can pick up another good pitcher in the Super-Draft.

Analysis

Holtzman sure as loving isn't the answer.

Standings

Pick 'em Results

None of you had good weeks in the pick 'em, but those who picked the Cougars had marginally less bad weeks.

Oneida Mighty Spooners @ Cleveland Unicorns
Arkansas Destroyers @ Sad Pandas
Barons @ Finger Lakes Phoenixes
Lovable Losers @ Omaha Forgettables

Title Defenses

Heavyweight Title
Montreal Mantees (c) @ Queens Mercuries

Intercontinental Title
Detroit Cougars @ Ryleh Cultists (c)

United States Title
Million Dollar Men @ Rockford Losers (c) (Four game series)

Harvard Elites: 26 points (1 Perfect Week)
Montreal Manatees: 26 points
Burma Imperialists: 25 points
Lombard St. Gumshoes: 25 points (1 Perfect Week)
Omaha Forgettables: 25 points
Canton Catastrophes: 24 points
Coburns: 24 points
Detroit Cougars: 23 points
Doomsday Dervishes: 23 points
Menthol Mooses: 23 points
Million Dollar Men: 23 points
Walney Rakers: 23 points
Patagonia Postmodernists: 22 points
Rockford Losers: 22 points
Idaho Potatoes: 20 points
Skyhawks/Wildcats: 20 points
Chicago Bobbleheads: 19 points
Robert_Deadford's Deadmen: 19 points
South Bolton Eazy W's: 19 points
Cancun Tornados: 17 points
Sad Pandas: 17 points
Barons: 16 points
Jacksonville Jobbers: 16 points
Luna Landers: 15 points
Ryleh Cultists: 15 points
Lovable Losers: 13 points
Antarctica Unspecifieds: 9 points
Web 2.0 Bloggers: 9 points
CERN Colliders: 7 points
Queens Mercuries: 7 points

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Replace Hamilton with Trout

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Do as the commissioner says. Hopefully we will get back in action in the following weeks.(or in a good position for the Super Draft without too much of amargin to the WC or a good gauntles seeding).

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Sweet! I'll get to keep a championship for a day or two! Progress!

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

Bench Palmeiro for Olerud, and see how things go there. Keep everything else the same for now. And normally I wouldn't say anything about A-rod, since he's young and all, but others in IRC introduced me to the concept of ratings challenges and said he might be a good candidate if he continues to underwhelm. Not that I'm expecting to be overwhelmed, as I'm pleased with even mediocre performance, but A-rod did hit .350+ when he was twenty. Now, I'm not expecting greatness out of him, rather I'd just prefer if he hit better than .200 as for a while he was in the .170~ range, and he didn't do too well in the EC either.

But you won't have to worry about me, anyway, like I said-- I only said anything because I was told in IRC that's how things go.

Anyway, good to see the 'Tees are performing at their preferred .500! From the EC to the grave, .500 erry day.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

No time for spreadsheet wankery. Please send Yount and Bonds to the DL, not AAA. Call Delahanty back up. Aparicio starts at SS, bats 8th against everyone because he's awful, fill in his place such that whoever's currently 6th moves to 3rd, 7th->6th, 8th->7th. I'll keep Holtzman in for the moment because I'm both pigheaded and afraid of CERN's big bats. Plus I really want him to be good so that I can rub that PTBNL trade in everyone's face. ;)

Please set my Injuries slider to -5.

Bograt
Nov 4, 2009

MagNIFicent

Since he's ruining my life (and tired anyways), drop Buddy Bell to the Minors. Call up Bip Roberts to fill in at 3B.

Also, swap Henderson and Griffey.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

It's not the greatest opening month ever had (that would be the Landers), but I'm content with how the team's doing so far. You just know the Cultists won't stay this mediocre for long, though.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Analysis

At least you can pick up another good pitcher in the Super-Draft.

This implies I have at least one good pitcher already, which given current performance would appear to not be the case.

Revert back to last week's lineup - Nomar full time at short, Grich batting vs LHP at second - and then have Downing bat vs LHP at LF to give Simmons some rest.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

After my little shoot, I might decide to replace Zack Ryder in my logo with Should-Be-WWE-HOFer Iron Mike Sharpe. We're keeping steady, but need to make a move soon. Time to load up the wrist pads and yell really loudly, I guess.

Only change is to the left handed vs. DH lineup.

vs. lefties w/DH

1. 2B Rod Carew
2. CF Ken Griffey Jr.
3. RF Mel Ott
4. 1B Harmon Killebrew
5. LF Frank Howard
6. 3B David Wright
7. DH Rafael Palmeiro
8. SS Cal Ripken Jr.
9. C Chris Hoiles

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Doooomed!

New Rotation/Bullpen:
SP1 Ed Walsh (R)
SP2 Johan Santana (L)
SP3 Frank Smith (R)
SP4 Pedro Martinez (L)
SP5 Roy Oswalt (R)

LRP Earl Whitehill (L)
MRP Cole Hamels (L)
SRP Dan Quisenberry (R)
SRP Nick Altrock (L)
SU Willie Hernandez (L)
CL Tom Henke (R)

Send Doc White down until he's healthy again, bring up Altrock to take Pedro's spot in the bullpen.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Pick 'em: It's a way of life

Coburns @ Antarctica Unspecifieds

South Bolton Eazy W's @ Ryleh Cultists

Luna Landers @ Sad Pandas

Cancun Tornados @ Patagonia Postmodernists

Title Matches
Sweep or bust!

Intercontinental Title
Detroit Cougars (c) @ Finger Lakes Phoenixes

Heavyweight Title
Finger Lakes Phoenixes @ Montreal Manatees (c)

United States Title
Rockford Losers (c) @ CERN Colliders

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Alright, first some pitching shuffle:

Switch out Rube Benton with Warren Spahn

Swap Bill Henry and Frank Linzy in the SR slots, and then replace Linzy with Tommy Bridges in that 2nd SR slot.

Swap Schoolboy Rowe and Bobby Bolin as well.
The bullpen should look like this:

Closer: JJ Putz
Setup: Warren Spahn
SR: Bill Henry
SR: Tommy Bridges
MR: Bobby Bolin
LR: Schoolboy Rowe

Now...

Coburns

South Bolton Eazy W's

Luna Landers

Patagonia Postmodernists

Title Matches
Sweep or bust!

Intercontinental Title
Detroit Cougars (c)

Heavyweight Title
Montreal Manatees (c)

United States Title
Rockford Losers (c)

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Pick' em

Unspecs, W's, Tornados, Landers.

Cougars, and Losers retain. Finger Lake manages to get their hands on the HW title.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Title Matches
Sweep or bust!

Intercontinental Title

Heavyweight Title

United States Title

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Jesus Christ, Whitey Ford is my nemesis :(

Probably should have left Howie Pollet up. He might be figuring it out. Might.

Old Enos starting instead of Musial is what makes me a saaaaaaaaaaad Panda (although I do like the hyperbaric chamber idea...)

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Manny up, and, uh, I dunno.. Bellhorn down?

Lineup vs R:

LF Raines
2B Collins
CF DiMaggio
C Gibson
RF Aaron
DH Manny
1B Clark
SS Nomar
3B Brett

Lineup vs L:

LF Raines
2B Collins
CF DiMaggio
3B Gibson
RF Aaron
DH Manny
1B Nomar
C SUDDEN DEATH
SS Joost

Pick 'em:

Unspecs
Cultists
Pandas
Tornados

Phoenixes
Phoenixes
Colliders

Trade Block:

I still have '68 Denny McClain and '46 Bob Feller sitting in my minors, and '80 J.R. Richard wasting away in long relief. These guys would probably be a big help to some of you. I don't really need anything, but I'm willing to listen to offers.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Now decided by coin toss!

Title Matches
Sweep or bust!

Intercontinental Title

Heavyweight Title

United States Title

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Antarctica (though I could use the help, Coburns!)
R'lyeh
Luna
Cancun

Detroit retains
Montreal retains
Rockford retains

Also: Patagonia, I see that you're starting Ichiro(!) over Earl Averill. As someone who is seeking a lefty CF, I wonder if I could tempt you to part with him. I could send you a fine 2012-vintage Andrew McCutchen to take the small half of a CF platoon with Ichiro, plus perhaps some depth at SP or infield?

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

Pick 'Em

errybody away

Title Matches

Intercontinental Title

Heavyweight Title

United States Title

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I can't tell whether Jose Mesa ended up being just that drat bad or if the Landers are just murdering any hope I have of being able to judge my ERA properly.

Halladay to #1, Perry to #2, Marichal to #3. Maybe a shift in the rotation will help.

BULLPEN SHUFFLE: Swap Mesa and Sudden Sam. Mesa in Long Relief, Sudden Sam in Short Relief.

Slider Shifts: Reset Stealing Bases to 0, crank up Hit and Run and Trying for Extra Bases one more notch to 3 and 4, respectively.

For the Pick'Em: Coburns, Cultists, Landers, Tornados.

Finger Lakes sweep both Montreal and Detroit, Rockford Retains.

AS A NOTE, I am willing to trade for pitching help! I am mostly looking for starters, either front or back end, and I am willing to move pieces to get there. Moreso if you offer me a chance to get back into the 1st Round of the Super Draft. One of these pieces is the ever coveted 1969 Joe Morgan, who is just starting to hit his stride.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 15, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Antarctica Unspecifieds

Ryleh Cultists

Luna Landers

Patagonia Postmodernists

Intercontinental Title
Detroit Cougars (c)

Heavyweight Title
Finger Lakes Phoenixes

United States Title
Rockford Losers (c)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Coburns

South Bolton Eazy W's

Sad Pandas

Cancun Tornados

Title Matches
Sweep or bust!

Nicks win, Losers retain

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Unpsecs, Cultists, Landers, and Tornados win their series.

All champs lose their titles.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Antarctica Unspecifieds

Ryleh Cultists

Luna Landers

Cancun Tornados

Title Matches
Finger Lakes Phoenixes

Heavyweight Title
Finger Lakes Phoenixes

United States Title
Rockford Losers (c)

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Title Matches
Sweep or bust!

Intercontinental Title

Heavyweight Title

United States Title

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Cancun Tornados@ Patagonia Postmodernists

Title Matches
Sweep or bust!

Intercontinental Title

Heavyweight Title

United States Title

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Super-League IX, Pre-Week 6: Tired

For the love of god, some one help me make this thread suck less.

Injury Report

Canton Catastrophe
Barry Larkin (SS) (Only one man rules the Super-League) - 16 days

Detroit Cougars
Carl Hubbell (SP) (Furloughed by order of new city manager) - 7 days

Patagonia Postmodernists
Jim Palmer (SP) (You know what you must do. You can hear the crowd calling for him. Send forth Denny Rainwater!) - 12 days

Bad luck and a bad injury to Klein, who is usually your best hitter, haven't put you in a great position to start this season.

I do not now, nor have I ever, understood how this team thrived in the Super-League. And I can't say I'm happy with the distant prospect of having them get another crack at the Macho Men.

This much talent should be doing better.

Gimmicks only go so far.

: ...
: I'm back!
: Yeah, okay. So, it's the Unspecs against the Million Dollar Men. Two teams that don't really have much in the way of batting power.

: Although they do in this series, which is odd.
: Hey, what's Ted Dibiase up to these days, anyway?
: I think he still works for the WWE. Also, he has a son, who, tragically, inherited none of Ted Dibiase's charisma. But the Unspecs are out of luck, because I am furious the Vikings signed Greg Jennings, and so am ordering the Coburns to, if you will, 'come back with their shield, or on it.'
: I don't know what that means.
: Well, in the olden days of war, shields were kind of heavy, so if you were going to retreat, you'd have to throw it down before you ran away. Also, the honored dead were borne on their shields, and so there you go.

: Wait, where are the images?
: The safest place there is, Yoshida! The future! 24 hours in the future to be exact!

: Okay, TV Title time as the Mercuries attempt to get even with the Manatees by taking back the Television Title, and the Manatees try and pull off the big upset by taking the Larkin-Downing and European Titles.
: It could be exciting!

: Unless both champs retain. Well, until next time-
: Wait, what about the other series?
: No one must ever know about the Cougars-Mercuries! EVER! Until Tomorrow. But until then, NO ONE MUST EVER KNOW!

Title Matches
Sweep or bust!

Intercontinental Title

Heavyweight Title

United States Title

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

Title Matches
Sweep or bust!

Intercontinental Title

Heavyweight Title

United States Title

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

loving A.

Omar Vizquel in for Larkin.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

gently caress. Schoolboy Rowe to Hubbell's spot for a spot start. Put whomever in Rowe's spot for the time being, I don't care.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Antarctica Unspecifieds
Ryleh Cultists
Luna Landers

Cancun Tornadoes

Intercontinental Title
Detroit Cougars

Heavyweight Title
Finger Lakes Phoenixes

United States Title
Rockford Losers (c)

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Howie Camnitz and Wilbur Cooper should swap roles in my pitching staff. I don't know how to fix my tire fire of an offense, though. Oh, and Carlton Fisk can take his job back from Del Rice.

Also, gently caress, Odyssey Five. I haven't thought about that show in YEARS.

Coburns
Ryleh Cultists
Luna Landers
Cancun Tornados

Title Matches
Sweep or bust!

Intercontinental Title
Finger Lakes Phoenixes

Heavyweight Title
Montreal Manatees (c)

United States Title
Rockford Losers (c)

gardenald fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Mar 16, 2013

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pick 'em:

Coburns
Eazy W's
Landers
Tornados

Cougars
Phoenixes
Colliders

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Swap Burdette and Antonelli. Mesuel to the DL, replaced by Adcock. Logan replaces Yount. Let's lead off with Sandberg and slide Logan into the 8th spot.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Coburns

Ryleh Cultists

Luna Landers

Cancun Tornados

Title Matches
Sweep or bust!