Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

NewtGoongrich posted:

So does anyone know how to rig a LEON BUDD to mine for Bitcoins? I've rented some warehouse space and I'm ready to turn my 150 LEON BUDDs (purchased with fiat "currency") into real money (i.e. Bitcoins).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2125703

Go nuts, your hundreds of kilohashes will make you invincible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

And, being made with aluminum, is honestly likely to burn your hands if left near a window on a sunny day.

edit: What am I saying? It's the STRADIVARIUS OF CONTROLLERS. They said so in their pitch video. Also, the changed the controller many times due to player feedback, just like Stradivarius violins were basically crowdsourced ideas.

uhhh I'm pretty sure the Controller was never meant to be aluminum,because that would be even crazier than the actual ludicrous poo poo they've said.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY

Slanderer posted:

uhhh I'm pretty sure the Controller was never meant to be aluminum,because that would be even crazier than the actual ludicrous poo poo they've said.

Looks an awful lot like brushed aluminum to me.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Red_Mage posted:

Looks an awful lot like brushed aluminum to me.

I thought the buttons were placed counter-clockwise :confused:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Looks like a Photoshop filter to me. If it were real, which it's almost certainly not, that would still be a terrible design choice. Even setting aside the fact that an aluminum controller could get uncomfortably hot or cold, those sleek-looking metal panels would rest right under a couple of sweaty palms. Wouldn't sweat and skin oil corrode it and make it all pitted and gross?

Requested_Username posted:

I thought the buttons were placed counter-clockwise :confused:

Somebody said that Uhrman doesn't know the difference.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Looks like a Photoshop filter to me. If it were real, which it's almost certainly not, that would still be a terrible design choice. Even setting aside the fact that an aluminum controller could get uncomfortably hot or cold, those sleek-looking metal panels would rest right under a couple of sweaty palms. Wouldn't sweat and skin oil corrode it and make it all pitted and gross?

This was the render from their kickstarter. Remember no one has yet seen an actual controller. This was just what they intimated the final design would be.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Red_Mage posted:

This was the render from their kickstarter. Remember no one has yet seen an actual controller. This was just what they intimated the final design would be.
This is the more recent render from their official site:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Game Informer has a HOOHAH spoof in the current issue, I'll try to get a scan up when I get home.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

God, that looks so loving uncomfortable. The worst of an original xbox in blockiness and the worst of a PS3 in shape. I know it is because they wanted to put the batteries in the handles (which will give it some heft) but goddamn.

Dec 26, 2012

JazzFlight posted:

I've had glasses cases smaller than those handles look, drat.

Also it does look like they gave it more of a plasticky finish in that render, so yeah, there's that.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

JazzFlight posted:

Oh nice, another ugly render. Ce n'est pas un contrôleur.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Dewgy posted:

Oh nice, another ugly render. Ce n'est pas un contrôleur.

Une manette! :eng101:

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

JazzFlight posted:

Aw, I miss the painted on D-Pad with its little nipples. Also they forgot to add a blue halo with a horrible gradient coming out of the middle button thing.

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
I assume this won't be at PAX east right?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Here's my rendering of the controller

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Shoobis posted:

I assume this won't be at PAX east right?

As far as anyone knows, all the HURFDURF units are still somewhere between the manufacturing plant and and a port of entry waiting for a customs check. I don't think they'll be getting a unit to parade around conventions anytime sooner than the Kickstarter backers will be getting theirs.

Although after that abomination of an interview, it wouldn't surprise me if the EEEYUP crew never made another public appearance again and just stuck to carefully edited videos to avoid looking like even bigger chumps than they do now.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Adam Sessler doesn't get it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sclxVc1OVFY

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Hold up a second. We need to clarify something really important that I can't believe that video gets wrong. That guy said it had a Tegra 2. That is such bullshit. It clearly, has, a Tegra 3. That's an, entire, generation of Tegra devices removed. This is basically what I've come, to expect, out of games journalism and how they're just riding hit pieces on the LESLIE NELSON before even giving, it a fair chance.

Edit: Ugh, it's $100 for the console, and a controller! Didn't they watch the keynote(s)?

Atlas Hugged fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 16, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Pomp posted:

I think the guy with the black shirt and the hipster glasses is an ouya backer. He's ouyapologizing way too hard for it to be anything else.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 16, 2013

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

raditts posted:

I think the guy with the black shirt and the hipster glasses is an ouya backer. He's ouyapologizing way too hard for it to be anything else.

It looks like they had 3 or 4 beers before starting. The hipster sounds like he's been lapping up the propaganda, and almost seems offended at Tara Long being the voice of reason.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Nah, that's just that guy. He's a hugely annoying loud douchebag.

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

raditts posted:

Yeah he admits at the end he bought one, if we hadn't already caught a glimpse of XBOXPants I'd have wondered if it was him.

Shoobis
Nov 10, 2009
He doesn't seem so hot on it now it seems.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pomp posted:

Whoa, I didn't know Sessler was still doing vidya game stuff. I thought he had withdrawn in disgust to do Regular Writing.

Good to know, dude is pretty cool in my book and that video particularly is great.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
He's just so annoyed that Steam Big Picture is basically going to devour the OUYA's purely hypothetical market.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
If something as small as big picture (HEH) ruins your business model, perhaps it didn't exist to begin with.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
The girl makes a decent point about the real costs of the Ouya once you include controllers and everything, once you get to that $200 range, then why not just get a wireless HDMI transmitter and a wireless 360 controller to hook your PC up to the TV without even having to move it.

Sure it's a touch more expensive than an Ouya+controllers, but you also get a fuckload more raw processing power behind it and a huge Steam library full of games designed to be played exactly that way.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Rudager posted:

The girl makes a decent point about the real costs of the Ouya once you include controllers and everything, once you get to that $200 range, then why not just get a wireless HDMI transmitter and a wireless 360 controller to hook your PC up to the TV without even having to move it.

Sure it's a touch more expensive than an Ouya+controllers, but you also get a fuckload more raw processing power behind it and a huge Steam library full of games designed to be played exactly that way.

Counterpoint: you have to live with the shame of using a NON-DEDICATED GAMING DEVICE and watch streaming movies and websurf and listen to your music library and chat online and download stuff and view photos and

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Look, my computer already has 50 browser tabs open. I don't think running Angry Birds HD Console Edition is something I should really be attempting right now.

Midee
Jun 22, 2000

Only the PAPPOUYA can deliver the gaming bliss that those $team slaves with their giant desktops can only dream of. Why spend thousands extra just to get your hulking PC case somehow hooked up to your TV? I can only imagine how difficult that is, and I'm glad everyone can get a superior console experience with their YIAYIA.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
What if your TV doesn't have an HDMI in?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Then you buy a new TV and stop living in the 90's.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
More serious question, I'm really confused by this idea that the gamer masses are desperately trying to buck the big three. Where did this notion come from? Who is dissatisfied with Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and all of the major developers producing games on consoles and handhelds? Is this just the ravings of a handful of people who won't be happy until they get internet recognition and they're using the 63,000 kickstarter backers as proof? 63,000 is probably less than one percent of all gamers.

I'd like to think that it's a total misrepresentation of the end of the console cycle and people just want new toys to play with, but I can't figure out where the attitude is originating and why guys like that dude in the Adam Sessler video seem to honestly believe it.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Atlas Hugged posted:

More serious question, I'm really confused by this idea that the gamer masses are desperately trying to buck the big three. Where did this notion come from?

I've actually seen a lot of that attitude- on 4chan. And not just anywhere on 4chan, but their video games board, widely held on the site itself to be the worst part of the whole drat place.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner

Atlas Hugged posted:

63,000 is probably less than one percent of all gamers.

Probably?
It is orders of magnitude less than 1 percent and outside of the Us nobody has even heard of it.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Atlas Hugged posted:

What if your TV doesn't have an HDMI in?

If I recall correctly the OUYA only has an HDMI out so you're screwed with an OUYA too.

Edit: Yep, only has HDMI out.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

TTBF posted:

If I recall correctly the OUYA only has an HDMI out so you're screwed with an OUYA too.

Edit: Yep, only has HDMI out.

Renier Wolfcastle would like to talk with you.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Atlas Hugged posted:

He's just so annoyed that Steam Big Picture is basically going to devour the OUYA's purely hypothetical market.

I love how he had to resort to an argument of "computers are enormous, you can't put one of those next to your TV!" that hasn't really been true since like 1996. It's almost as embarrassing as when people talk about how consoles are superior to PCs because with a PC you just have to use this big clunky keyboard and control everything with a mouse!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
:siren: :siren: My Ouya is here. :siren: :siren:

Although I will have to spend some time with it before I post a review/pictures. It did come with games, almost two dozen. That and it's a version beyond what has been shown. I'd equate it to the first time Solid Snake sees Metal gear Ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

WendigoJohnson posted:

:siren: :siren: My Ouya is here. :siren: :siren:

Although I will have to spend some time with it before I post a review/pictures. It did come with games, almost two dozen.

Oh god yes. Please say you did a video from unboxing to first boot...Or at least the first time you turned it on.

• Locked thread