Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Opensourcepirate posted:

My friend has offered to potentially trade me his 1987 560SEC for my 83 944. I don't know what to do!

Maybe this'll catalyze me finally getting you the doorcard for the 944.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
So regarding all that water getting in; there's a big gap between the glass and the frame at the top of the rear hatch. I was thinking maybe that's the problem and I was going to seal it up with like some black silicone stuff.

MythObstacleIV
Oct 27, 2007

640509-040147
Slow is Fast's sister reporting in with some pics from the rally cross:

Here is a link to the full set, Rally Cross 3.9.13: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fouquette/collections/72157622527435257/

I only put about 100 on flickr, I have 500+. If you want full sizes of your car or anything else, please email me at angiefouquette AT gmail DOT com . I should have some of everyone.

If you post somewhere else, just please link to my flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/fouquette/) and/or website (http://www.fouquettephotography.com/)

Had a great time, thanks to everyone!

Starting the day:

We made a new worker to help out:

Got pretty muddy:

Packing up:

A good day was had:

Thanks again! And there's plenty more so feel free to ask!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'm so jealous of how good that ZR2 driver is. He was always near the top of of Stock AWD in the season I did all the events in.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
:siren: NEAI #3 IS THIS SATURDAY IN BROADBROOK, CONNECTICUT :siren:

For address and directions, please visit us on irc @ irc.synirc.net #newenglandai

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

For anyone without PMs my email is timothy_volkswagen at yahoo for my address.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I am so excited for NEAI.

This is going to be me the whole time!

Also Kastein found this and it hit too close to home:

Also this one:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Slow is Fast posted:

I am so excited for NEAI.

This is going to be me the whole time!

Yep :smith:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

We are up to 3 cats at casa de pipkin at this point. 2 of them hang out in the shop all the time.

Also for anyone that is staying over there is plenty of floor space but I dont have any extra blankets/pillows and stuff so bring your air mattress and anything you need to sleep.

A couple of people want to get some wrenching done so the doors are open at 9am-ish and come anytime after that.

This is Beans, the newest shopcat

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
Welp. I'm trying to kick a cold, but due to poor self-control and peer pressure I'm going to go out for St. Pats / March Madness related shenanigans tonight anyway. I'm going to say I'll be there, but uh, maybe "fashionably late" depending on hangover severity and traffic.

Anybody got target practice dummies for the air spear gun thing? :haw:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Oh poo poo, I completely forgot about the spear.

I already loaded up around 100lbs of random stock for welding, the drill press, angle grinders, welder, masks, gloves, consumables, etc are going in the back tomorrow. Anyone who wants to learn how to weld from a mediocre welder is more than welcome to watch... I have at least one spare mask, possibly two.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
I just finished making ~30 lbs of pulled pork and enough cole slaw to feed an army. So be there and eat amazing BBQ :)

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I'm in the process of changing jobs, and have been very busy. I'm going to decide in the AM if I can make it.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

kastein posted:

Anyone who wants to learn how to weld from a mediocre welder is more than welcome to watch... I have at least one spare mask, possibly two.

I'm really excited about this.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
I plan on showing up in the Porsche. Maybe stopping by Sam's first if the timing works out.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I'm in Virginia this weekend but I swear I'll make one of these someday

INTERNETRACECAR
May 25, 2005
Rabbit Injected!
what's all this then

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Snowdens Secret posted:

I'm in Virginia this weekend but I swear I'll make one of these someday

I'll bring some blind people pens if that helps.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

INTERNETRACECAR posted:

what's all this then

This is all that now.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I'm going out the door in a few minutes. There's a bunch of us that watch IRC from our phones if anyone needs directions.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Noise Complaint posted:

I'm going out the door in a few minutes. There's a bunch of us that watch IRC from our phones if anyone needs directions.

NEAI3: Meeting of the shitbox supercharged GMs.

I'll be there sometime this afternoon.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
Ahhhhh, so yeah I'm not going to make it. A friend of mine called me today in a panic because his car wouldn't start and he needed it for work tomorrow, so I went over there to see if I could help him out. Diagnosis: Bad starter. I was hoping I could bang out the replacement quickly, and run up there, but :lol: yeah loving right, they use salt up here. I did get the starter replaced, but now it's too late for me to head up :(

:f5:ing for pics

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
No pictures to post (on my phone, that's gotten me in trouble in the past), but thanks to Pipkin for the fun times. It was great meeting/seeing you all again. I hope the last strut didn't impale anyone, that the E30 from hell is up and terrorizing the neighborhood again.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
I took a couple pictures, but nothing too great. The 944 was great however; this was my first major trip in it and it went flawlessly. The heat is still somewhat stuck on, but I managed to move the arm on the heater control valve on the back of the engine somewhat, so it's not fully on anymore. The odometer is still busted, so this was my first chance to check the MPG. I filled up in MA and then again with 2.594 gallons, 78.6 miles later in CT (according to google maps). That's 30.3 MPG!

I'll be waiting for updates on Noise Complaint's E30. There were some... difficulties with the suspension job. We were able to get some new and unexpectedly needed struts at an Autozone in Hartford though, 30 minutes before they closed.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

We finished up the e30 this morning.

The result? Amazingness.

Thanks so much to everyone that came by and hung out and especially thanks to everyone that helped me work on my car.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Which car was faster, the 944 or E30? I've always wanted to know.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
Noise Complaint seemed impressed when I gave him a ride. The 944 is also a lot faster than when I got it, now that the air flow meter is working properly. Maybe he can comment on how he thought it compared to the E30.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

From factory the e30 has about 20 more HP and is lighter. However the 944 seems to have a much better power band. I love the way the 944 sounds.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Good time, glad I showed up. It was nice meeting you all. Nodoze's S2K is awesome.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 18, 2013

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
IMO the e30 is faster. After about 4k RPMs it opens up and hauls.

NEAI3 was lots of fun. Between welder love messages and getting raped by an e30 strut, it was a lot of fun.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Noise Complaint posted:

From factory the e30 has about 20 more HP and is lighter. However the 944 seems to have a much better power band. I love the way the 944 sounds.

I'm surprised at how heavy the 944 (even an early one) is. But yeah, the sound is killer. I assume the cat didn't change the note much.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
The cat got rid of the harshness, but then I also put on a new muffler. I felt like the old one was too liable to get me pulled over, which it contributed to once when my friend was driving it. I think it still sounds awesome without being obnoxious.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Lessons learned:
You can light magnesium blocks with an arc welder, it just doesn't work very well. Whipping them at the ground results in a pretty awesome shower of burning magnesium sparks though.

I can arc weld reasonably well, but I need more practice.

A lifted Comanche with no swaybars can outrun a Legacy with a generator, tools, two goons, and a spare EJ22 in it, on twisty roads. Both of them will get some airtime, though. :getin:

Noisecomplaint's pulled pork is awesome.

I'm never buying an E30. Not one with an M20 in it anyways.

Oh, and it is possible to get both a UTV and a Comanche stuck in Tim's yard.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

kastein posted:

Lessons learned:
You can light magnesium blocks with an arc welder, it just doesn't work very well. Whipping them at the ground results in a pretty awesome shower of burning magnesium sparks though.

I can arc weld reasonably well, but I need more practice.

A lifted Comanche with no swaybars can outrun a Legacy with a generator, tools, two goons, and a spare EJ22 in it, on twisty roads. Both of them will get some airtime, though. :getin:

Noisecomplaint's pulled pork is awesome.

I'm never buying an E30. Not one with an M20 in it anyways.

Oh, and it is possible to get both a UTV and a Comanche stuck in Tim's yard.

Psssh, this being my first suspension work on an M20 E30, if I had known to simply pick up the engine and pull the passenger motor mount beforehand, it would have saved like 6 hours of work trying to get a tool on the inner balljoint.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Just about everything from the weekend has been covered so I guess I'm just posting images here.

Kastein's truck, Chrisgt's wagon and my car on the way down to CT

dem cattes love subies and woodchuck.

Slowisfast made a friend

I NEED AN ADULT

Slowisfast securing a tree saver to help Kastein winch out of some mud.

Some videos:

Winching Kastein's truck out.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Tim sell me that Caddy.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
I mostly just got this one picture of Kastein.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I am so loving exhausted.

Was an amazing weekend.

Got some cool poo poo at the junkyard.

My legacy in the junkyard. I have now seen both my RS and Legacy clones in the yard.

Kastein after murdering a volvo:

Daslog showing his love for america:

Sick monte carlo we were sad to see in the yard:

We figured out a subaru cam has the same threads as the shifter:

Ken sperging about amc bellhousings or some other 'murca truck poo poo:

Also surprised there were only two pictures of me with a cat.

I petted the shop cats so much.

MR BEANS!!!!!!!!!!!

We finished the E30 of hate.

I got to drive it and drifted the drat thing.

Somewhere around 1am someone got pipkins UTV stuck. So Ken jumped in his truck to go "recover him"

Oops.

Then yesterday we did some welding projects.

lovely 50 cent harbor frieght arch welder:

Then we hooked up the tombstone:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

drat, I shoulda came back yesterday to put on my downpipe. Now that I know Tim lives ~30 minutes from me I'll have to visit more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

When I get my tools down at my apartment I can help you with simple stuff like that too. I think Tim is pretty backed up with auto work.

I also have a bunch of friends with stocked garages that like working on that kind of stuff.

• Locked thread