Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

Thumposaurus posted:

The shape, buttons, and pickguard all scream Teisco.

I initially read this as "The shape, buttons, and pickguard all say Screamo" and I found myself agreeing: yes. Yes it definitely IS Screamo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panterica
Oct 24, 2003

I've finally joined the Ouija owners club.

Ragehaver
Jul 27, 2001

"Though I often smell of excrement, I deserve your respect because I provide a valuable service."
Even though I swore I would never buy a "lame signature guitar" again...whoops.

Impossible to get a good picture of this thing.

Ragehaver fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 12, 2013

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Well after the last few months I'm now a broke-rear end motherfucka:

2005 Ibanez RG8127F

Then I got this, to add some depth to my solos live and to cover up how shittily I play them:

... which I haven't had a decent chance to play with yet as my beloved modded 5150 shat itself so I pulled the trigger on my dream amp - should be here in a few weeks:

Now I have basically no money until I find a better job. First world problems I guess.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ragehaver posted:

Even though I swore I would never buy a "lame signature guitar" again...whoops.

Impossible to get a good picture of this thing.

Whose signature is it? I have to squint a lot at cursive.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Panterica posted:

I've finally joined the Ouija owners club.

This needs more love. Nice axe mate!

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:

Allen Wren posted:

Whose signature is it? I have to squint a lot at cursive.

That would be a John Petrucci 7. So jealous!

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Just ordered this from Thomann. I hope it's going to be great.

Ragehaver
Jul 27, 2001

"Though I often smell of excrement, I deserve your respect because I provide a valuable service."

Rye Bread posted:

That would be a John Petrucci 7. So jealous!

Yeah, it's the JPX7 model. Weird hollow chambers and a couple other tweaks from the regular version. It sounds absolutely insane.

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
It's been a prosperous month so far:

Ensoniq DP/4 Effects unit:

Novation X-Station 49 synth/MIDI controller:

3x SID 8580 chips:

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

edit:

Warcabbit posted:

You forgot one.

Pointy
Guitar
Goon
Club

edit: Noted, thanks. Y'all are going to poke somebody's eye out with those things
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Schlieren fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 12, 2013

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

You forgot one.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
They didn't have mine with the teardrop-shaped headstock :cheeky:

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Edit: not getting this

WAFFLEHOUND fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 13, 2013

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's some serious GAS you have there. Bravo. I think you have spent more money on gear in the last year than I've spent in the last decade of collecting instruments. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Can't wait to see how you will top yourself.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Schlieren posted:

edit:

Pointy
Guitar
Goon
Club

edit: Noted, thanks. Y'all are going to poke somebody's eye out with those things
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

I think that's the first time I've seen someone call a MusicMan pointy

Ragehaver
Jul 27, 2001

muike posted:

Yeah, more like fat and currrrvy :3:

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

muike posted:

I thought the same thing. It's a shame I couldn't get a pic of my new destroyer up because that's a pointy guitar.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

Krustic posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's some serious GAS you have there. Bravo. I think you have spent more money on gear in the last year than I've spent in the last decade of collecting instruments. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Can't wait to see how you will top yourself.

To defend myself, I've probably spent way way way less than it looks like. Sort of. I've had a habit for years of only buying used things whenever I get into a new hobby, and then selling them at cost when I get out, and that way I've actually been spending pretty much the same money over and over for the last ~7 years.

For example, there's a camera I got way back in 2007 that I recently sold for around 300, I used that money to buy a Korg MS2000R, which I decided I hated and managed to sell on Craigslist for 400 because I thought it was a piece of poo poo, then bargain hunted around for a while and bought a Korg Kaossilator Pro for 100 (seriously) and put the 300 remaining aside. I thought the Kaossilator Pro was poo poo, so I searched on Craigslist for someone who might be interested in trading for it and managed to find someone to do a straight across trade for a TR-707. The remaining 300 ended up combined with money from a bunch of magic cards I sold and went to my x0xb0x.

I've actually maybe spent 200 that I've earned from work in the last year on music stuff, the rest was from selling old hobby things like Warhammer, Magic Cards, and photography gear (my wife is a photographer and has more talent and better equipment than I do anyways) and flipping instruments I'd played around with and didn't like for a profit.

If I ever get really bored with synths for some reason, I'll likely repeat the process again selling the synths and shopping for used whatever-new-thing-I'm-into once again. Seriously though, just being patient with Craigslist buying/selling easily added up to like a thousand bucks of added value insanely fast as people traded me stuff that I could sell for more than the thing I traded them.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Krustic posted:

I thought the same thing. It's a shame I couldn't get a pic of my new destroyer up because that's a pointy guitar.

Post ALL the pointy guitars!

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

Ragehaver posted:

Yeah, more like fat and currrrvy :3:

Yeah no, that poo poo is pointy

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Decided against buying the 303 and 606, so I'm just going to hold out until I sell the Virus B and pick up one of these:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

:krad: picked this up a few days ago. Worth every cent. I also don't have a camera

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

Decided against buying the 303 and 606, so I'm just going to hold out until I sell the Virus B and pick up one of these:

I thought you already had them. Disappointed you didn't drop stupid cash on some gear. Agree that being patient and buying used gear is the way to go if you live in a place with a good market for such things.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

Decided against buying the 303

I'm a loving liar

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I can't think of any reason to not have a 303.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

muike posted:

I can't think of any reason to not have a 303.

I bought it for less than the cheapest 303 I've seen on eBay ever, so yeah zero complaints.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

I bought it for less than the cheapest 303 I've seen on eBay ever, so yeah zero complaints.

Good for you! I've only seen them in online demos but they are no doubt badass.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
edit: dumb

Gorilla Salsa fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 23, 2013

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

After a years long search I've managed to find an Acoustic 408 to go with my 370 head.

4x15 inches of DOOM.

Just fired it up at a rehearsal and it's all I could have hoped for. It's been rewired to 8ohms but still outperforms the 4ohm 4x10 I was using before. Once I wire it back to 2 it should remove heads from across the room.

Best thing is that I got it for about a third of the price that I've seen them go for in the past.

Worst thing is loading it in the van.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
I just got my new beauty in the mail yesterday. It feels much nicer than the Ibanez I got a couple of weeks ago and it sounds great.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Bill Posters posted:

4x15 inches of DOOM.

I want one of these so bad and I don't even have an amp that can do 2 ohms.

Ragehaver
Jul 27, 2001

Hell yes. What kind of SD PUs?

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
They're JB's, they sound really awesome.

Boz0r fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 16, 2013

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Bill Posters posted:

Worst thing is loading it in the van.

That's why you need a roadie.

E: Oh wait, you're the bass player. :v:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm picking up a 2nd hand one of these on Monday :)

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
I got an eBow today.

I *love* it. It is SO loving cool! With Amplitube I load up all sorts of delays, rotary speakers, reverbs and just make all sorts of freaky spacey noises that make me think that perhaps I dont need LSD to enjoy the gently caress out of wanky proggy sounds.

https://soundcloud.com/ianwiggs/ebow-wankery-mp3

I had a lot of fun with it. The playing is totally out of time but screw it! I was having fun making spacey spooky noises! (I reallllly do like the big low C in the middle though...that made me feel special in the pants)

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Hammer Floyd posted:

I got an eBow today.

I *love* it. It is SO loving cool! With Amplitube I load up all sorts of delays, rotary speakers, reverbs and just make all sorts of freaky spacey noises that make me think that perhaps I dont need LSD to enjoy the gently caress out of wanky proggy sounds.

https://soundcloud.com/ianwiggs/ebow-wankery-mp3

I had a lot of fun with it. The playing is totally out of time but screw it! I was having fun making spacey spooky noises! (I reallllly do like the big low C in the middle though...that made me feel special in the pants)

eBows are so cool! :allears:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

They really are the absolute best of all the technique altering "gimmicks" I've seen in the guitar industry. You can get so many complete unique sounds with them and its always something organic and fluid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Just be careful or you'll end up using it on almost all of your songs, like I do.