Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

There's just the one other option, isn't there?

You're assuming a dual gender system here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Lizard Wizard posted:

Binary fission.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
First it was buckets, now it's gonna be cereal bowls.

Thanks for everything, Andrew Hussie.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

President Ark posted:

Shipping hypercube. :getin:

I think at this point the only real option is Shipping Lament Configuration.

We have such ships to show you...

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Well, somebody's done the maths:
http://stelera.tumblr.com/post/45559430245/so-i-heard-you-guys-liked-homestuck-shipping-equations

Edit: includes this choice phrase

quote:

Now this equation does not deal with a character being shipped with themselves, and knowing the Homestuck fandom and all of Homestuck’s time-shenanigans, we want to include the case of characters being shipped with themselves, so we will add N to the equation.

krakagar fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 17, 2013

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

The worst part is, it's probably not inaccurate.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I feel this exchange is relevant.

quote:

TT: If you think this is making me uncomfortable, think again.
uu: NO I'LL THINK ONLY ONCE. YOu ARE SuCCuMBING TO MY GAME. YOu ARE BECOMING PSYCHOLOGICALLY uNGLuED AND I AM WINNING.
TT: Nice wishful thinking there.
TT: I'm not even merely tolerating this, bro.
TT: I swear to god, I'll get my own horse running harder in this fuckin' race than you could ever dream.
uu: WHAT. HORSE?
TT: Think I'll blink first, motherfucker?
TT: Not happening.

It was previously understood that Caliborn represents at least part of the readership, and that Dirk has elements of an authorial self-insert. The subject, in this context, is theories of geometric science fiction romance.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I think you're onto something, Bongo. Hussie looked down upon what his Troll Romance System hath wrought upon the internet, and asked himself "how far can I go before inventing a fictional romance system that even my nuttiest fans won't take seriously?" He's picked a challenge by tackling the Felt, since my casual experience with the Homestuck fandom at large outside of this thread has taught me that there are people able and willing to explore the love-life of these minor characters from a years-old intermission with gusto.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's no big secret. This kind of craziness escalation with his fans has been a property of his work since before there even was an MS Paint Adventure.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Ablative posted:

The worst part is, it's probably not inaccurate.

They do some weird stuff with combinatorics that seems a bit sketchy, but I don't actually give enough of a gently caress to try to correct. Either way, there are now more theoretical ships in Homestuck than words in War and Peace, and at the end of the day, isn't that what's important?

Also, why isn't Charms and Charms acceptable? It's just reciprocating nope.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
6,224,697 shipping combinations, and 6,224,696 of them are wrong

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know when, and I don't know why, but Hussie trolling the poo poo out of his fanbase has become one of the things I look forward to the most with each new Homestuck update. :allears:

Also:

Spikey posted:

I feel like Vriska just dived on a grenade for us.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Valex posted:

6,224,697 shipping combinations, and 6,224,696 of them are wrong

Yes, truly.

The only ship we, nay, Homestuck ever needs is __________/_______
:catholic:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Huh.

We've got stardust-snorting cherubs and now horny pranking leprachauns, so when do the dragons and fairies show up?

Edit: On a less humorous note, isn't Yaldabaoth essentially offering to make Caliborn into an Archon? And doesn't one of the Archons in Gnosticism end up being told by Sophia of his flaws and thus rejects him and is raised above him? I don't think that's Caliborn's role, but it might be interesting if Yaldy offers Dirk a similar choice only for him to listen to the Sophia analog in homestuck.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 17, 2013

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I like that Aranea says Leprachaun romance has "nine quadrants."

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

A big flaming stink posted:

Huh.

We've got stardust-snorting cherubs and now horny pranking leprachauns, so when do the dragons and fairies show up?

someone hasn't been paying attention :colbert:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
This is the best birthday present I have ever received. :allears:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

This update...:allears: I love these stupid alien people so much.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Oh poo poo, they pissed off the empath. I hope she doesn't do anything rash like calling names.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
I chose my avatar too soon. :negative:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, I mean:

They could all be metasexual or whatever.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
The whole leprechaun thing might've been worth it to get this exchange. Maybe.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Only Areana, the mind reading empath, would not sense the blatant sarcasm going on there until she heard the high-five.

I may need to make Avs of Meenah and Vriska.

EDIT

Any thoughts on changes I might make or suggestions for the texty bit?

Popo fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 17, 2013

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I love how John's lovely background sprite is being used in all these panels. Even getting flipped turnways.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was funny as hell but I'm starting to feel slightly bad for Kindfang now. All she wants to do is tell people her lovely stories.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Hey, her stories are not lovely, just long-winded! Not her fault chumps need their ritalin.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Bell_ posted:

Oh poo poo, they pissed off the empath. I hope she doesn't do anything rash like calling names.

Alternately, maybe enduring this kind of thing was what made the ancestor Mindfang turn to a life of high-seas murder and robbery.

Popo posted:

Only Areana, the mind reading empath, would not sense the blatant sarcasm going on there until she heard the high-five.

I may need to make Avs of Meenah and Vriska.

EDIT

Any thoughts on changes I might make or suggestions for the texty bit?

I think the animation might look better(and more Homestuck-y) if it was only two frames and maybe faster? I'm just guessing, though.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
You're right, and when you're right you're right.

Didn't really expect to wake up today and animate an alien-punk-pirate-princess miming jacking off. It's great what Homestuck brings out in people.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I think Aranea's about to go full Serket here.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works. I wouldn't be surprised if future colleges began analyzing it. Entire texts will be devoted to mere chapters, Andrew Hussie will be lauded as a revolutionary. Best 10,000 dollars I ever spent!

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Mildly surprised that neither of them have stabbed each other mid-hug yet.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It is worth noting that she made that exact face the last time she flipped her poo poo.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006900

edit: Really, I hardly blame Vriska here. We don't mind Aranea's stories that much, since she is talking about things we want to know and has only done it on-camera a couple times. Imagine having to deal with this every day, though.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 17, 2013

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This, going "OH GOD NOT THIS poo poo AGAIN" and also going "OH GOD THIS IS YET ANOTHER MOTHERFUCKING CHEKOV PARADOX GUN, ISN'T IT???" pretty much sum up this update to me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bobulus posted:

edit: Really, I hardly blame Vriska here. We don't mind Aranea's stories that much

Speak for yourself, bub

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Why do all the villainous characters (except maybe LE) have to be so drat endearing? :allears:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vriska continues to be the best at being the best. Is it even possible to be better at being the best than her? I don't think so.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Fister Roboto posted:

Vriska continues to be the best at being the best. Is it even possible to be better at being the best than her? I don't think so.

If by Vriska you mean Meenah/HIC then yeah I'm with ya man. :colbert:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Feranon posted:

Why do all the villainous characters (except maybe LE) have to be so drat endearing? :allears:

The fandom wouldn't be nearly as crazy interesting if it was obvious which characters we were supposed to cheer for.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, I mean:

No man, Leprechauns are nonsexual. I mean nonasexual.

The one that means nine. nona-sexual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

jonjonaug posted:

I love how John's lovely background sprite is being used in all these panels. Even getting flipped turnways.

And if the story has any consistency at all, the next few updates should have John doing or saying something because occasional flights to the contrary, he is still the protagonist and a smart guy, and he is going to have some reaction to MASSIVE INFO DUMP.

Either that or he is about to wake up.