Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Found the shirt:

Ironman ML/LS
KM Driven: 561
KM Run: 563

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToeShoes
Sep 8, 2011

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
So today, we were leaning about stuff in the shop, because I'm on my 3's. We finished with the shop stuff and walked back to class, and my MCpl sayed "I gotta do this" and pretended to cut the end of my braid off. What should I do?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tell him you didn't think it was appropriate for whatever reason and leave it at that, unless he makes a big stink then take it up the chain. Always try to solve it at the lowest level possible.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
So you're upset that someone pretended to cut your hair?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Samu posted:

So you're upset that someone pretended to cut your hair?

People get upset over stupid poo poo all the time. Seems a little uptight to me, but the mcpl could be a huge weirdo who's jokes are often uncomfortable.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I don't see anything wrong at all, unless he actually touched your hair. Even if he did not, and you still felt uncomfortable, according to HARASSMENT IN THE WORKPLACE, you can take the issue up with him directly.

If you feel uncomfortable with that, take it to the next level above that (course WO / Officer).

There are also harassment advisors that can be approached as well with the issue.

Personal opinion, but I think officers are usually better than enlisted for dealing with certain personnel issues like this.

Hizawk fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 20, 2013

Barrakketh
Apr 19, 2011

Victory and defeat are the same. I urge you to act but not to reflect on the fruit of the act. Seek detachment. Fight without desire.

Don't withdraw into solitude. You must act. Yet action mustn't dominate you. In the heart of action you must remain free from all attachment.

ToeShoes posted:

So today, we were leaning about stuff in the shop, because I'm on my 3's. We finished with the shop stuff and walked back to class, and my MCpl sayed "I gotta do this" and pretended to cut the end of my braid off. What should I do?

Is this the same Mcpl whose trying to hug you and making passes at other females on the course?

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
Honestly before I would personally go over buddies head or even talk to him, I'd talk to another one of the staff MCPL's about any harassment issues because he'll probably sort the dude out if he's being creepy to the chicks on course. I think junior NCO's are pretty good at policing themselves and if you have other course staff they'll sort each other out before taking it higher.

If what buddy is doing is making you uncomfortable just tell him. Even if it's little things and you're being oversensitive he'll stop and probably avoid you for fear of getting in poo poo.

Honestly I'd never report someone for harrassment, but I'm a white male. If I have serious problems with a superior or peer there's more personal and direct ways to deal with it.

ToeShoes
Sep 8, 2011

It's no the same MCpl that's trying to hug people, this guy wasn't hitting on me or anything. It just felt really unprofessional because he is supposed to be my instructor, it doesn't matter if he touched my hair or not. I can be buddy-buddy with my my instructors, I feel he went too far with it. I'll just talk to him.

scaper exile
Feb 27, 2008

ToeShoes posted:

It's no the same MCpl that's trying to hug people, this guy wasn't hitting on me or anything. It just felt really unprofessional because he is supposed to be my instructor, it doesn't matter if he touched my hair or not. I can be buddy-buddy with my my instructors, I feel he went too far with it. I'll just talk to him.

So he did not touch you, he was not hitting on you and from the sounds of it this was not some attempt by him to humiliate you in front of the class. Is this about the amount of interaction you have with him in comparison with your peers?

ToeShoes
Sep 8, 2011

scaper exile posted:

So he did not touch you, he was not hitting on you and from the sounds of it this was not some attempt by him to humiliate you in front of the class. Is this about the amount of interaction you have with him in comparison with your peers?

He touched my hair. He was being unprofessional, and it doesn't matter if he touched my hair or not, because no matter what, it was an unprofessional thing to do.

E: I'm at work for Christ's sake!

mdivi
Nov 23, 2003

Nothing happen for nothing

ToeShoes posted:

He touched my hair. He was being unprofessional, and it doesn't matter if he touched my hair or not, because no matter what, it was an unprofessional thing to do.

If it is a completely different person, and that is his first thing that has bothered you, you should probably just ask him politely to not touch your hair, because it bothers you. He will surely apologize and probably even attempt to avoid joking around with you in the future.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

ToeShoes posted:

whywomenshouldn'tbeinthemilitary.txt

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

ToeShoes posted:

Also, in the military, as in life, it behooves you to have a tough skin.

ToeShoes posted:

haha

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
If one of my section commanders or 2ICs touched my hair in battle school I'd be a little creeped out too. Especially at that point in training they're supposed to be a clear authority figure and it is pretty unprofessional (and weird, creepy, stupid). I'd never do it, and I know the type who would. And it's the same type that would try hitting on the candidates or doing something equally retarded.

VV Exactly, but that's when your superiors also become your co-workers and sometimes even friends. During your initial training they are very rarely working alongside you and are clearly in an authoritative role.

acumen fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 21, 2013

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Granted, once you hit a unit, all bets are off, and it's like a Roman bath 24/7. :gay:

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

Guys, guys, you're missing the real reason a member of course staff joking around with a student is so outrageously offensive, which is:

ToeShoes
Sep 8, 2011

If he wasn't a fat piece of poo poo, maybe I wouldn't mind so much attention. If he was a hot MCpl, he could touch my hair all day!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Jesus. I'm really glad you aren't combat arms. It's basically all jokes about deployment goggles.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Forget what I said before. What we obviously need is more good looking instructors.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

ToeShoes posted:

If he wasn't a fat piece of poo poo, maybe I wouldn't mind so much attention. If he was a hot MCpl, he could touch my hair all day!

So if he was hot it'd be professional?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Remember that at your earliest convenience you should try to OT to medic - that way you'll never have to worry about the unwanted advances from combat arms guys, ever again.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish

ToeShoes posted:

See that's loving retarded.

Frog 1.0 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 21, 2013

scaper exile
Feb 27, 2008

ToeShoes posted:

Clearly you are a subject matter expert on professionalism...it is something that is really important to you.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ToeShoes posted:

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

whywomenshouldn'tbeinthemilitary.txt

ToeShoes
Sep 8, 2011

I'm retarded because I would rather have a man that can take care of himself? It's a major issue for females in the military.

It's obvious that the problem here is that I just can't find a hot MCpl to hit on me. The problem really isn't being a professional in a supposedly professional environment. I mean common, why can't I just have a good lay from my supervisor?

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON

ToeShoes posted:

I'm retarded because I would rather have a man that can take care of himself? It's a major issue for females in the military.

Is that why your dating Tuyop

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I'm currently transitioning out of the CF (CAF?) and I'm trying to imagine toeshoes' situation happening in another work environment.

For instance. Imagine a group of teachers in a lounge in a high school somewhere.

They're just doing their teacher stuff, prepping for class, slamming coffees, whatever.

In walks the principal. He looks around the room, hitches his pants, focuses on one of the female teachers who is new to the school.

He sidles on over, not too slowly or too quickly. He radiates confidence and experience.

He comes to the new teacher and stops. Nobody is really paying attention. He reaches out, says, "I'm sorry, I just have to do this." and pretends to cut off a piece of hair from the lady's head.

Is this appropriate behaviour in a teacher's lounge in a high school? Would you feel comfortable in that situation?

Fraser CDN posted:

Is that why your dating Tuyop

See, I thought this would come up. And I must say, I'm not surprised.

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

ToeShoes posted:

Also, in the military, as in life, it behooves you to have a tough skin.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
I was about to post asking for someone to come in and white knight this fine lady and I'm glad to see that goons once again haven't let me down.

ToeShoes
Sep 8, 2011

I joined the army to be an army mechanic, not to be harassed once a week because my staff get instantly comfortable with me and move on to the next step of getting to know your troops: grab rear end!

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Mortabis posted:

I was about to post asking for someone to come in and white knight this fine lady and I'm glad to see that goons once again haven't let me down.

tuyop has been a terrible weirdo for years though so its pretty unsurprising

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL
Aug 29, 2008

by XyloJW

ToeShoes posted:

grab rear end!

How is it the MCpl's fault you don't know what the military is all about and always has been about.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ToeShoes posted:

I joined the army to be an army mechanic, not to be harassed once a week because my staff get instantly comfortable with me and move on to the next step of getting to know your troops: grab rear end!

But grabass is how everyone in the military gets to know one another, it's been like this for years before you joined and it'll be like that for years after you leave. IT'S THE WAY OF (military) LIFE.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish

ToeShoes posted:

I'm MSE op and I have been working alot with EMEs and we threat everybody the same with or without a dick.

I once told a woman co-worker that was looking for her work gloves that the last time I have seen them they were in the oven bottom drawer. We joked with a black guy that was driving a staff-car that he should smile when drive around at night so we can see who's driving the car. People make fun of me for coming from a inbred region of quebec, or that i'm skinny as gently caress.

All this to say that I have rarely see anybody makes joke like that trully because they were against womens in the military or just plain racist. Get use to it or you will keep you're entire career in paperwork and having everybody avoid you because you use the harassement card so freely.

If he does grab your rear end one day, loving punch him in the face and then start the sexual harassement procedure.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
There's a bit of a difference between making fun of black dudes for being black or asians for being asian or women for being women and hitting on subordinates.

That being said, I'm not too sure what's going on here right now and Tuyop is here and I have even less of an idea of what is going on in those links posted.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

Tuyop, you poo poo in buckets and your girlfriend wants to bang hot superiors at work?

Don't have kids, guys, please.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Frog 1.0 posted:

People make fun of me for coming from a inbred region of quebec

So... quebec?

scaper exile
Feb 27, 2008

Frog 1.0 posted:

People make fun of me for coming from a inbred region of quebec

Hey Newfies are worse for that...500 years of two bays over does not exactly keep the blood fresh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

What the gently caress is happening in my thread

Don't be a loving goon, if you don't like how an instructor is behaving towards you tell him, and he'll stop. If he doesn't, go up the chain of command.

Christ my fire-team partner ripped her nipple-ring out during a section-attack on the 5-day defensive ex and bitched less than you.