Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dave status: still awesome. Over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
So after all of that alternative time line discussion, and all that worrying about the plot, we are back to what brings me back to Homestuck: the dialog and characterization.

And the incredibly arcane romantic shenanigans.

And of course,

"i just won karkat tantrum bingo"

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...
Makeout Meteor's name doesn't stop from getting more ironic. :(

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Oh my God. Karkat doing the cliche of sitting in a backwards chair, having a heart-to-heart talk is something I never knew I wanted, but am so glad I've actually seen. Hussie is a motherfucking genius.
Also, Dave and Karkat interactions continue to be the greatest.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Man, Karkat's just tryin' to keep it real.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Ahaha yesss, Karkat rocking the chair all Youth Pastor Style. Kids, we have a guest here to "rap" with you today. He's here to "rap" with you about Jesus.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Poor Terezi. She had a moment of insecurity and made a bad decision, which spiraled into even more feelings of depression and worthlessness.

Oh and she also let Aranea heal her. That happened to. :downsrim:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Seoinin posted:

Ahaha yesss, Karkat rocking the chair all Youth Pastor Style. Kids, we have a guest here to "rap" with you today. He's here to "rap" with you about Jesus.

Which is exactly what Karkat is, of course. He is the character in the work that is as explicitly as possible stated to be a follower and model of Jesus.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Hooray characterization
And where did that chair even come from? Either way, I'm imagine Karket having flung it off the meteor and sent it hurtling into the void.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Requesting an official Karkat Tantrum Bingo card so we can properly validate Mr. Strider's victory.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I dunno, characterization happens and all that, but this seems like some real negative characterization. Terezi having battered person syndrome is just so incredibly :smith: and not even Dave's usual snideness made me smile. Just seemed bleak. A lot of Homestuck has seemed bleak lately, maybe it's just me?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
ahah.. gently caress yes: it looks linke the nubby man wants
wants to level with us about something?
he wants that us all to keep it real about.................

CLOWNS

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
"grody clown problem" Help, I can't breathe.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ammat The Ankh posted:

CLOWNS

dufe shuT THEF UCK UP i
cant here nubbyshouts

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

WAR FOOT posted:

I dunno, characterization happens and all that, but this seems like some real negative characterization. Terezi having battered person syndrome is just so incredibly :smith: and not even Dave's usual snideness made me smile. Just seemed bleak. A lot of Homestuck has seemed bleak lately, maybe it's just me?

None of this is coming off as battered, to me. She's got an addiction she can't shake, and that addiction is hating on an awful clown.

An unhealthy addiction, mind, but it's not "He's forcing me to stay". It's "I can't stop myself!"

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Ammat The Ankh posted:

CANCER

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

On a side note, with the Carlos thing I'm now counting down the hours seconds until Tumblr decides to create Mariachistuck or some poo poo like that.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Fucknag posted:

On a side note, with the Carlos thing I'm now counting down the hours seconds until Tumblr decides to create Mariachistuck or some poo poo like that.

Magicschoolbusstuck :colbert:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Fucknag posted:

Carlos made me instantly think "magic school bus"

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Fucknag posted:

"IT'S THIS MOTHERFUCKERS MOST RIGHTEOUS OPINION THAT THE WICKED KITTYBITCH NEEDS TO STOP CLOWNING AROUND"

(=;ェ;=) < CARLOOOOOOOOOS!!!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Sorry, all I remember from that show was the one space episode when the redhead kid pulls his helmet off and his face goes all Iceman.

E: Okay you win, I go on Tumblr and find this

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Before this comic is over we need one Dave + Karkat + Roxy + Meenah jam session. Just let the best kids from each session bounce off each other for a few pages. Four years of this thing and that's all I want.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

What are you talking about, this is hilarious. When I saw that image, even before I scrolled down, I KNEW Dave was going to give him poo poo for assuming the Big Man pose while dishing out the big, real words about Feelings and Problems.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Chair tantrum aside, Karkat's certainly matured a lot over the 3 years.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
I'm reading the words he's saying but all I can hear is:

Karkat posted:

All right kids, let's get real. I know you've all been hearing a lot of things about Homestuck lately, and I just want to set the record straight with you.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So I guess that whole Rose-wanting-to-Auspitice-between-Terezi-and-Gamzee thing never worked out?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wapole Languray posted:

Except that there being no Gamzees dead makes no sense, as one of the hallmarks of a failed timeline are that everyone dies, hence why the Furthest Ring is full of dead trolls, while having few dead kids, due to Daves pro timeline management. Therefore, all the Gamzees from the multiple failed troll timelines escaped Paradox Justice by fleeing into the Furthest Ring. Therefore, I totally call there being a multi-timeline Gathering of the Juggalos, consisting entirely of Gamzees.

All these Gamzees then went back to the alpha timeline and started cosplaying as other trolls. In fact, all the trolls are Gamzees. The same thing happened with Kurloz in the troll ancestor session, which is why Karkat is correct to say that they are all Carlos.

But there are only twelve trolls and there are uncountable billions of alternate timelines, so something more involved was needed. Calling it now: the legions of Gamzees from alternate timelines shrinkificated themselves, traveled backward and forward in time in the alpha timeline, and became the particles that constitute everything. Gamzee's realization that he was the Gods of his religion all along came from discovering this fact.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

SteelAngel2000 posted:

So I guess that whole Rose-wanting-to-Auspitice-between-Terezi-and-Gamzee thing never worked out?

It's hard to do much of anything productive when you're always blitzed on alchemized booze.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
also snoggin' on your alien vampire girlfriend.

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...

Cthulhuchan posted:

also snoggin' on your alien vampire girlfriend.

Not any more.

quote:

KARKAT: NO WAIT! IT'S ACTUALLY MY FAULT AGAIN! IF I HAD BEEN ON THE BALL AND AUSPISTICIZED BETWEEN HER AND ROSE, SHE WOULD HAVE HAD THE TIME TO AUSPISTICIZE BETWEEN YOU AND GAMZEE!

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Madoushi posted:

Not any more.

I don't think it means they necessarily split up.

They could just be spending too much time snogging which is what needs to be auspisticised.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Interesting that we're getting some 'Gamzee is actually a horrible, nasty, vindictive person' stuff now as opposed to 'Gamzee is just this loveable insane clown' stuff that Areana's story was pushing.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

We've hit the peak ladies and gentlemen.

quote:

BUT UNLESS YOU WERE RECENTLY STOMPED ON BY SOME SORT OF GOLEM COMPOSED OF GARBAGE FROM A CIRCUS, IT SEEMS FAIR TO SAY YOU ARE OFFICIALLY DOWN WITH THE CLOWN.

This is the best sentence that will ever be written with the English language.

Really glad to see Karkat again.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Something oddly appropriate about Karkat AC Slatering that chair while Terezi spills her guts.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

team overhead smash posted:

I don't think it means they necessarily split up.

They could just be spending too much time snogging which is what needs to be auspisticised.

Yeah I read that as them two being too engrossed with each other to pay attention to anything else.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Cthulhuchan posted:

Yeah I read that as them two being too engrossed with each other to pay attention to anything else.

You don't auspistice between red partners though? I thought perhaps that meant their relationship has gone spades-ways.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Countdown until Karkat Tantrum Bingo becomes an actual thing.

Cthulhuchan posted:

Regardless, I really can't wait to see what those two are up to.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

What are you talking about, this is hilarious. When I saw that image, even before I scrolled down, I KNEW Dave was going to give him poo poo for assuming the Big Man pose while dishing out the big, real words about Feelings and Problems.

I was already laughing while reading the log because it was obvious that someone was going to comment on the chair.

Still, it's sad seeing someone usually so sure of herself like Terezi so down in the dumps. I felt oddly glad when she said "BL4RG" because it was the only time in the conversation she sounded like her old self.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Countdown until Karkat Tantrum Bingo becomes an actual thing.

Countdown already over; I'm sure at least 50 people have drawn up their own interpretation of what it is. The real countdown is to the next convention that features Homestucks, since a Karkat Tantrum Bingo sheet will be the new prop of choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Karkat may narrowly beat out Equius for the title of best male troll.

YggiDee posted:

I've tried to rationalize it as the difference between dreaming as a dreamself, and using one as a spare body. Maybe Jade was just extra loopy, by dreaming standards.

I figured that Jade's dreamself was loopy because cheating and using the dreambot to be awake in both places at once put strain on her, as if she was no longer really even getting mentally rested.

Dirk pulls it off a bit better because being in multiple pieces is kind of his Thing.