Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Eh that video isn't too bad. It's pretty obvious they're playing up the arguments a bit, and it does make some good points about American society, i.e. that people leave the sport after playing in their youth, because there's not the "star culture" associated with football there. I did lol at the action stat or whatever though, I wonder how teams like Barca who just pass the ball back and forth for 90 minutes raised the average compared to someone like West Ham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

EvilHawk posted:

Eh that video isn't too bad. It's pretty obvious they're playing up the arguments a bit, and it does make some good points about American society, i.e. that people leave the sport after playing in their youth, because there's not the "star culture" associated with football there. I did lol at the action stat or whatever though, I wonder how teams like Barca who just pass the ball back and forth for 90 minutes raised the average compared to someone like West Ham.

Probably didn't because the stat is EPL coverage.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

belgend posted:

Probably didn't because the stat is EPL coverage.

Substitute Barca for Liverpool ;)

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Oh my god that video is so infuriating.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Gamesmanship
This is an art i feel is ignored in football. Whilst you see the Championship table you can see how tight the margins are. The fact we never get pens shows our players are not doing enough to con the refs. But behind the scenes what are the backroom staff doing? When the opposition team are in the away changing room why are we not making the room freezing by leaving the air con on? Why are we not providing them with gone off juices and oranges at half time? For the away fans we should be making sure they have no facilities to eat or drink. We should make them que for ages to get in. Anything that gives us ano advantage basically should be looked at.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

As it says on the tin...

Should we as a club lower ourselves towards lying and manupulating Fleet Street like THFC and CFC ?

There are plenty of journos who support our club who no doubts our PR people could lean on when it comes to our name being unfairly dragged through the gutter.

Reading "The Standard" this evening made my blood boil with Fat Frank lying through his teeth and John Terry stirring it like a little schoolgirl. I didn't see any other player of either team "warm up" in front of us. Why did the racist centre-back ??

Fat Frank declared " I naturally wheeled that way...I didn't want to wind anybody up"...yet anyone who has ever seen the 9/11 celebrater score in front of us will know that he has done it every time !!!

"The Standard" even put that the unwanted one "went to celebrate with John Terry" and that the FA were unexpected to charge them.

Ken Dyer...hold your head in shame !!!!

Daniel Levy of course is the king of Manupulation ...and must of been standing next to the half a dozen idiots singing a certain Hitler song and brew it into a major storm.

Sadly the same Daniel Levy hasn't heard the thousand or so travelling Spurs fans singing illegal anti gay songs in Lazio and Lyon this season...clearly heard on tv.

This of course is the club who says that saying "Elephant washer" wasn't racist.

I personally am not sure...I'm actually quite proud that our board don't behave like our neighbours BUT there does come to a point where someone stands up and asks questions about fighting OUR corner.

Thoughts...

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Studs up tackle!!! Yellow card for the bear!

Pass it to me Ruiz! I'm free!

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I laughed at the polar bear one, I think partially because of the enthusiastic spanish text :smit:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
GODDAMN IT AMERICA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvcnBJfMaD8

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

quote:

“Football fans are witty and creative”

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rundown/football-fans-witty-creative-35-reasons-why-160547327.html

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Really cool stuff in that list.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
i don't even know if this is the right thread but this came up in my facebook

the caption is:- Martin o'neil in talks with ken bates over the Leeds job

Only registered members can see post attachments!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
lol

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

8raz posted:

i don't even know if this is the right thread but this came up in my facebook

the caption is:- Martin o'neil in talks with ken bates over the Leeds job

Yep definitely wrong thread. Subway MON looks even more haggard than the real one

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Best freekick ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO8VPwcYUS4

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Wrong thread.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Never has a post been in thread less suited for it.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Ignoring the terrible, terrible joke with racist connotations, the actual source picture itself is hilarious

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Mash posted:

Ignoring the terrible, terrible joke with racist connotations, the actual source picture itself is hilarious

I don't see how it has racist connotations?

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
It's amazing.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Mash posted:

when will the white welsh monkey comparisons stop?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

The Mash posted:

He looks like a monkey though that's not racist

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Wow, calling an ape a monkey, now that is racist

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
The Mash please respond to these allegations

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I get that Gareth Bale has a weird face but I didn't see the justification for comparing all the Spurs fans to monkeys too, though I guess I'm a bit of a babby in that regard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The original image is pretty depressing too yet you found that hilarious purely because of the text.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Scott Bakula posted:

The original image is pretty depressing too yet you found that hilarious purely because of the text.

No I thought the satisfied smile on the carried monkeys face was funny :(

Let me bring the thread back on track by saying that the first page of the discussion forum on redcafe has a thread called "New footage of the red card" near the top...

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
With that squad, Managers like Martin O'Neil, Laudrup, Moyes etc will go 5 Seasons without a single defeat. Mancini is just a waste of space.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Chimpanzees are not monkeys!! They are great apes!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eff-Powell.html

I guess someone was going to write an article complaining there was no minutes silence for Thatcher. Winston Churchill is mentioned as early as paragraph 5. It fails to mention the ID card system she wanted implemented though. The tiny bit about Hillsborough is the worst though

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Scott Bakula posted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eff-Powell.html

I guess someone was going to write an article complaining there was no minutes silence for Thatcher. Winston Churchill is mentioned as early as paragraph 5. It fails to mention the ID card system she wanted implemented though. The tiny bit about Hillsborough is the worst though

my god

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

quote:

It's cause it would have most of the stadium booing if there were a minute's silence. Come on DM enter the real world

- Edoardo , Milan, 09/4/2013 12:50

Some guy named Edoardo in Milan literally understands the effect Thatcher had on the North of England better than the Daily Mail.

Also it conveniently fails to mention that the Valley Parade fire (and Heysel) highlighted serious issues with the infrastructure and maintenance of football grounds which Thatcher's government effectively ignored until Hillsborough, other than vilifying fans with her proposed ID cards.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

irlZaphod posted:

Some guy named Edoardo in Milan literally understands the effect Thatcher had on the North of England better than the Daily Mail.

Also it conveniently fails to mention that the Valley Parade fire (and Heysel) highlighted serious issues with the infrastructure and maintenance of football grounds which Thatcher's government effectively ignored until Hillsborough, other than vilifying fans with her proposed ID cards.

Taylor explicitly criticised the Government's plans for travel bans and ID card schemes because neither of those things would have prevented Valley Parade, Ibrox or Hillsborough and almost certainly wouldn't have prevented Heysel (those last two being in neutral venues for the games in question).

(As an aside, the dangers of most football grounds - and crucially the understanding of how to avoid what happened at Hillsborough - had been understood since at least the 1971 Ibrox disaster, with some pointing at the design changes to stairways and platforms on the Tube following the 1943 Bethnal Green disaster as evidence that the dangers were understood 40 years earlier. Some extreme cynics have suggested that if there weren't TV cameras at Valley Parade and Hillsborough we would probably be still in rotting Kops to this day)

e: Holy loving poo poo:

quote:

Shortly after the game started, the crowd began spilling onto the pitch and the game was temporarily stopped as the pitch was cleared. However, at this time, two barriers in the stand collapsed and the crowd fell forward, crushing those underneath. The game was restarted but was quickly halted again when a police officer came onto the pitch to speak to the referee, George Dutton, to inform him there had been a fatality in the stand. He, in turn, called the two captains, Bolton's Harry Hubbick and Stoke's Neil Franklin, together to inform them and the players left the pitch.

The dead and injured were taken from the stand, with those who had perished lain along the touchline and covered in coats. A little under half an hour after leaving the pitch, the game was restarted, with a new sawdust lined touchline separating the players from the bodies. At the end of the first-half, the players immediately changed ends and started the second half. Stanley Matthews was on the Stoke team, and later said he was sickened that the game was allowed to continue.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnden_Park_disaster

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 9, 2013

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
i like how Messi's clothes resemble Tom Hanks' suit in Big once he turned back into a boy. their faces are pretty dead-on though.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Can someone translate please? Looks like Messi's calling Ibra an elephant and Ibra Messi a lesbian but I'm not sure that's correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm roughly interpreting from my Latin knowledge from about twelve years ago, but it's a dig on Messis injury with the flea calling him out on the offside goal.