Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

darkwolf220 posted:

The guys over at CnC just broke a box of History of Hockey in the Sunday monster. The buyback rookie was a 51-52 Ted Lindsey :stare:

That is what every fanboy was wishing HoH would be.

It's a sweet pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Now I have my very own Cal Clutterbuck autograph! Thank you for sending me the cards.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Any idea what the next break is gonna be dark?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

anotherblownsave posted:

Any idea what the next break is gonna be dark?

Like you'll join. Psht.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Anyone have any ideas where I might be able to track down the stuff on my Morozov list?? Large singles houses in Canada? Other message boards??

(I've exhausted ebay and Beckett already, so I'm open to any other ideas.)

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Ashekaban posted:

Like you'll join. Psht.

I will if the price is in my ballpark (and it has to have Champs)

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
News out of Vegas is that Rookie Anthology will contain the first Panini Prizm Hockey cards. They'll be the bonus pack, taking over for luxury suite. Of course, this is for next year, and there are already 70 rookies or so for UD/Panini next year. it will of course be a very good rookie class, and I'm hoping there will be a full set of Prizm Hockey.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Heaf posted:

News out of Vegas is that Rookie Anthology will contain the first Panini Prizm Hockey cards. They'll be the bonus pack, taking over for luxury suite. Of course, this is for next year, and there are already 70 rookies or so for UD/Panini next year. it will of course be a very good rookie class, and I'm hoping there will be a full set of Prizm Hockey.

Rookie Anthology is still coming out this year as far as I've heard. Bit disappointing that they don't do the prizm bonus packs this year too.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

Surmy posted:

Rookie Anthology is still coming out this year as far as I've heard. Bit disappointing that they don't do the prizm bonus packs this year too.

Wait, I'm an idiot. It's 2012-13 Rookie Anthology.They'll have the Prizm bonus backs.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Heaf posted:

Wait, I'm an idiot. It's 2012-13 Rookie Anthology.They'll have the Prizm bonus backs.

yay >.>

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

No idea of the next break yet, been exhausted lately and another visit to the doctor tomorrow afternoon. Should have the cards all sorted tomorrow night and out to you guys soon thereafter.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

No idea of the next break yet, been exhausted lately and another visit to the doctor tomorrow afternoon. Should have the cards all sorted tomorrow night and out to you guys soon thereafter.

e-pnuemonia has struck. ashe wins again..muahaha.

also, word from the baseball thread is increased panini products in walmarts/target.

EPIC.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Ashekaban posted:

also, word from the baseball thread is increased panini products in walmarts/target.

EPIC.

I hope this includes hockey and not just baseball. Ashe stop spreading disease through the thread. Feel better Darkwolf :)

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

anotherblownsave posted:

I hope this includes hockey and not just baseball. Ashe stop spreading disease through the thread. Feel better Darkwolf :)

Target, on average, usually has a better card selection that Walmarts. Granted, this is still at retail odds. I've noticed that Panini will have a decent amount of basketball (their big contract), Football, and hockey at Target. Hockey hasn't been as prevalent this year because of the lockout. Last year I would see Score and Pinnacle singles, and that's not the case this year. Next year I think you'll see Score and Prizm. I hope they continue the hobby blasters as well, I got a Certified one for $30 with 3 packs and hit a Nikolai Khabibulin Mirror Red Fabrics of the Game /150. They're also doing Contenders football for the same price with a guaranteed auto, would love to see that for hockey.

Really, Walmart is the worst for hockey in general. Sometimes they'll have UD Series 1 Blasters, sometimes a tin, sometimes a rack pack. Nothing great though.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

EPIC.

Nah, this has been ongoing for ~2 months, some kind of sinus thing that is making me dizzy, headachy, tired and just all around lovely. Tomorrow will be Dr #4, I am sick of getting pushed around between offices getting no real info.

:downs: You should take Sudafed

:argh: Do you think I am so dumb that I wouldn't already be taking Sudafed?!

:downs: Uhhh..... you should take Sudafed and call if it gets worse

:argh: But it already is loving worse and I am taking Sudafed. It is probably inner ear related, we should probably check that out.

:downs: Lets not jump to conclusions, I don't want to order unnessicary imaging, it is expensive! You should take some Sudafed!

:suicide:

What do you think Crosby's bone shamans are doing?

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Your NEW & IMPROVED Hockey Card Thread: You should take some Sudafed!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Heaf posted:

Target, on average, usually has a better card selection that Walmarts. Granted, this is still at retail odds. I've noticed that Panini will have a decent amount of basketball (their big contract), Football, and hockey at Target. Hockey hasn't been as prevalent this year because of the lockout. Last year I would see Score and Pinnacle singles, and that's not the case this year. Next year I think you'll see Score and Prizm. I hope they continue the hobby blasters as well, I got a Certified one for $30 with 3 packs and hit a Nikolai Khabibulin Mirror Red Fabrics of the Game /150. They're also doing Contenders football for the same price with a guaranteed auto, would love to see that for hockey.

Really, Walmart is the worst for hockey in general. Sometimes they'll have UD Series 1 Blasters, sometimes a tin, sometimes a rack pack. Nothing great though.

One thing to keep in mind is that Target is headquartered in Minnesota, Wal-Mart is from Arkansas. WM always seems to have tacky NASCAR poo poo everywhere, which makes sense considering their demographic. On the other hand, Target (more high-end) has $30 Panini blaster boxes.

Right now, I'm pretty sure Target has UD1, Black Diamond, Certified, Score, O-Pee-Chee, and those repacks. Wal-Mart might have UD1, Score, and O-Pee-Chee.

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

My Walmart (Florida) had some Artifacts blasters for a while. My target only really carries series 1.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Dr today didn't tell me to take more Sudafed, but I am going to anyways. She didn't tell me much of anything :sigh: Oh well at least she finally ordered some imaging. Oh wait, next available session is April 2nd. gently caress me :sigh:

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Dr today didn't tell me to take more Sudafed, but I am going to anyways. She didn't tell me much of anything :sigh: Oh well at least she finally ordered some imaging. Oh wait, next available session is April 2nd. gently caress me :sigh:

April 2nd seems pretty reasonable. For anything in Canada you're looking at 6 months- a year. Yay free healthcare!

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Dr Thompson prescribed alcohol, and lots of it.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

April 2nd seems pretty reasonable. For anything in Canada you're looking at 6 months- a year. Yay free healthcare!

Ahahaha yeah but I pay them a butt ton of money. I know it is not that bad, I just had the naive hope that I would walk out of the place today with a feel-better pill.

Sorting your guy's poo poo now. Remind me never to do this again :haw:

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Got some cards in a CnC break. Anybody interested?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Ahahaha a one-game wonder auto set? That rules. Mr. Deutsch has a really nice signature too, he must have been thrilled someone wanted it.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Sexy Hiller patch. I am sure thompson is :fap: somewhere.

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

Story Time!

Back in the 90s-early 2000s we had an ECHL team. My friend worked as an usher, so I would often go watch the games and they would let us all skate afterwards. Ice skating is a big deal in bumfuck Florida, so it was pretty exciting for everyone. Sometimes the players would come out and skate around with kids. I remember one time, the team's enforcer came out and was skating with two little girls, maybe 6 or 7 in age. He was like 6'8" tall and had a little girl holding each of his hands as he skated around the rink. I thought it was pretty strange/cute that this guy had just bloodied a guy's face 20 minutes earlier and was now skating around and genuinely interacting with little kids. I could tell he wasn't doing it out of obligation, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. For some reason that memory has always stuck with me. Fast forward 12 years later and I decided to see if any of the players ever made it out of ECHL hell. Most languished in poo poo leagues for a few years and became car salesmen or some poo poo, but the young enforcer apparently fought his way into the NHL (for 20 games). I wondered if he had any cards made, so I checked eBay. I am now the proud owner of the following 1/1:

Mitch Fritz Young Guns 08-09 magenta printing plate! I am stoked about this poo poo card!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Quantrill posted:

Got some cards in a CnC break. Anybody interested?

I am very interested in that Hextall.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Eating the Pudding posted:

Story Time!

Back in the 90s-early 2000s we had an ECHL team. My friend worked as an usher, so I would often go watch the games and they would let us all skate afterwards. Ice skating is a big deal in bumfuck Florida, so it was pretty exciting for everyone. Sometimes the players would come out and skate around with kids. I remember one time, the team's enforcer came out and was skating with two little girls, maybe 6 or 7 in age. He was like 6'8" tall and had a little girl holding each of his hands as he skated around the rink. I thought it was pretty strange/cute that this guy had just bloodied a guy's face 20 minutes earlier and was now skating around and genuinely interacting with little kids. I could tell he wasn't doing it out of obligation, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. For some reason that memory has always stuck with me. Fast forward 12 years later and I decided to see if any of the players ever made it out of ECHL hell. Most languished in poo poo leagues for a few years and became car salesmen or some poo poo, but the young enforcer apparently fought his way into the NHL (for 20 games). I wondered if he had any cards made, so I checked eBay. I am now the proud owner of the following 1/1:

Mitch Fritz Young Guns 08-09 magenta printing plate! I am stoked about this poo poo card!

Awesome story, in my experience enforcer's are some of the best guys off the ice. Zach Stortini was amazing in the community when he played here in Sudbury.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Story Time!

Thanks for sharing this. I actually really enjoyed that story. Congrats on the printing plate!

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

Story Time!

Awesome story. Fritz used to play for the Admirals and they decided that he should be on some billboards:

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

Awesome billboard!

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Thompson is Czech(or russian not quite sure)? Guy cracks the new Leaf Best of Hockey 2013 with a bottle of vodka next to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLfPHODXmK4

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Here are some more hockey cards I recently acquired that I have no attachment to whatsoever:

However, I may keep this Hasek:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

No, I'm not dead. Yes, I have all the cards sorted and packed, they just have to be bagged and tagged and taken to the post. I will have them out by Friday at the latest. Sorry guys, the last 10 or so days have been total poo poo between the doctor, feeling like rear end and working mostly night shifts :sigh:

As for future breaks, I have none planned for right now. That doesn't mean I am not doing them anymore, just going to try to get this other poo poo sorted out first. Maybe mid-late April, I honestly don't know right now.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

No, I'm not dead. Yes, I have all the cards sorted and packed, they just have to be bagged and tagged and taken to the post. I will have them out by Friday at the latest. Sorry guys, the last 10 or so days have been total poo poo between the doctor, feeling like rear end and working mostly night shifts :sigh:

As for future breaks, I have none planned for right now. That doesn't mean I am not doing them anymore, just going to try to get this other poo poo sorted out first. Maybe mid-late April, I honestly don't know right now.

Do what you need to do a feel better bud!

Picked up a box of 12-13 Artifacts today and hit the jackpot

Jarome Iginla Patch /75 three color team canada
LA Kings Rookie Redemption

Marcus Foligno / Zack Kassian dual team canada jersey

and

Bobby Orr Autofacts!!!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Do what you need to do a feel better bud!

Picked up a box of 12-13 Artifacts today and hit the jackpot

Jarome Iginla Patch /75 three color team canada
LA Kings Rookie Redemption

Marcus Foligno / Zack Kassian dual team canada jersey

and

Bobby Orr Autofacts!!!

gently caress you. Pics of the patch :)

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

gently caress you. Pics of the patch :)

And the Orr auto :fap:

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

E-pnuemonia.

Hope you feel better duder.

It came as a good time, as I am currently on a buying hiatus anyway. Apparently my couch set from 1905 isnt good enough anymore. So its time for all new housing supplies!

Surmy
May 25, 2010

So uh yeah... this is coming out expo weekend... fack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Holy poo poo, any word on prices?

• Locked thread