Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Alright, I've been having a problem with my lockscreen theme. I'm using AndroidLockXT, LockscreenClockHIde, and LS Sleek HD (with my own wallpaper, not the theme's). Basically, when someone calls me, I get this:

How do I get a background beneath the caller ID so I can actually read who's calling me, and get rid of the "slide to answer" text? I already fixed the "slide to view" on texts and emails by setting AndroidLock's unlock text string to be a single space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
6.1.3 includes at least 6 security updates. 4 of which were specifically used by evasi0n. Apple even credits "evad3rs" for helping them find the issues.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

drat!

Is the signing window for 6.1.2 completely over then, or does Apple leave it open for a couple of days?

Also, if I get my phone replaced at a genius bar, do they typically just give you a new one in a box (if yours is found defective) and send you on your way?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Vinlaen posted:

drat!

Is the signing window for 6.1.2 completely over then, or does Apple leave it open for a couple of days?

Also, if I get my phone replaced at a genius bar, do they typically just give you a new one in a box (if yours is found defective) and send you on your way?

Usually the signing window stays open for a day or two, but there are no guarantees.

Replacement phones come from a different stock than the normal phones for sale. They usually just give you the phone, with no box or anything. They aren't going to go and upgrade their entire stock of replacement phones though, so you'll almost definitely get something jailbreakable for at least another few weeks.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Vinlaen posted:

drat!

Yeah, that's what happened to me, but be sure to set up an appointment ahead of time, and also backup and wipe your phone. It makes it much easier for the process to be done.

e: especially because they will want to wipe it, and if you're jailbroken, and they try to do it through the menu, it will fail, and you won't get a replacement phone.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Regardless, if you have an icloud backup or an itunes backup on 6.1 and you get handed a phone with 6.01 you'll need to upgrade to restore from the backup. So either way you're likely hosed.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong
Just in case it wasn't clear: getting on 6.1.2 after Apple has closed the signing window is currently impossible on anything but an iPhone 4 or the iPod touch 4th gen, even if you saved your SHSH blobs. This is because Apple beefed up hardware security in these newer devices and requires APTickets, which are unique each time and thus not vulnerable to the replay attack used for SHSH blobs.

The signing window for 6.1.2 is still open, but I'd expect to see it close very soon as 6.1.3 just came out today (we're talking days, perhaps hours). Apple has been fairly aggressive at closing off old versions once a new version is released.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Ugh and Quasar still isn't updated yet. Maybe I'll suck it up and go without it for a while just so that I can have a jailbroken device for if he ever does update it.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

Zigmidge posted:

Ugh and Quasar still isn't updated yet. Maybe I'll suck it up and go without it for a while just so that I can have a jailbroken device for if he ever does update it.

He said on twitter that he had to rewrite it almost entirely and has it working on his mini- but it's not ready for release yet.

e: Haven't seen anything new but most of his tweets are (Portuguese?) so he might have given a more recent update.

Shmoogy fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 19, 2013

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Xenomorph posted:

This won't work. This hasn't worked in a long time.
Wait, so you can ONLY upgrade to the current version of iOS from Apple's servers right now?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

Wait, so you can ONLY upgrade to the current version of iOS from Apple's servers right now?

You can shift-click whatever version you want. If Apple isn't signing it, it won't install.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Are there any guides out there for configuring LockInfo? The options are like a labyrinth of choices and I'm getting tired of constantly re-springing to see if what I selected does what I want it to do.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Bucket Joneses posted:

Are there any guides out there for configuring LockInfo? The options are like a labyrinth of choices and I'm getting tired of constantly re-springing to see if what I selected does what I want it to do.

You don't need to respring, just close the settings and look at your lockscreen.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

I wish there was an sbsettings toggle for ringer volume. I hate having to unlock to make sure the volume is loud enough.

Is there no way to adjust ringer volume from the lockscreen?

Milo Pollywalter
Nov 25, 2006

there's a bear going round, taking names
Is there anything out there that allows using an SD card reader with the iPhone 5? I've kept my eye out but I've found no software solution and the only hardware I've found is AirStash, a $100 device that only allows browsing over wifi via the web browser. Anything I'm missing?

Edit: found CameraConnector, a hack that adds USB events. That seems mainly centered around using USB devices, but I'm going to see how it does with an SD card.

Milo Pollywalter fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 20, 2013

Paco de Suave
Sep 13, 2004
photographs of the best time you had
window smudged by the speed

Cawd Rud posted:

Just in case it wasn't clear: getting on 6.1.2 after Apple has closed the signing window is currently impossible on anything but an iPhone 4 or the iPod touch 4th gen, even if you saved your SHSH blobs. This is because Apple beefed up hardware security in these newer devices and requires APTickets, which are unique each time and thus not vulnerable to the replay attack used for SHSH blobs.

The signing window for 6.1.2 is still open, but I'd expect to see it close very soon as 6.1.3 just came out today (we're talking days, perhaps hours). Apple has been fairly aggressive at closing off old versions once a new version is released.

Does this mean I can no longer restore the firmware on my phone and jailbreak it? I just have to hope nothing messes up?

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Paco de Suave posted:

Does this mean I can no longer restore the firmware on my phone and jailbreak it? I just have to hope nothing messes up?
You can always restore. You can't up/down grade though.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Well, That's frustrating. Phone got replaced yesterday due to other issues. Had to work late today, got it home, jailbroke it and tried to run iSHSHit and that's how I learned 6.1.3 was out.

So, now I can never update the phone or restore it again. Annoying.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

shootforit posted:

I wish there was an sbsettings toggle for ringer volume. I hate having to unlock to make sure the volume is loud enough.

Why not just set it to always have maximum ringer volume in settings?

Yeti Yeti Yeti
Mar 27, 2010

shootforit posted:

I use NCSettings so I'm not sure if you can do the same thing with SBsettings, but I set the NCSettings volume toggle to only adjust the ringer volume, and I just use the physical phone buttons to adjust the non-ringer volume.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Blimpkin posted:

Yeah, that's what happened to me, but be sure to set up an appointment ahead of time, and also backup and wipe your phone. It makes it much easier for the process to be done.

e: especially because they will want to wipe it, and if you're jailbroken, and they try to do it through the menu, it will fail, and you won't get a replacement phone.
Thanks.

I restored/wiped my phone last night but interestingly I got an error trying to restore 6.1.2 so is the signing window already closed? I had to restore 6.1.3.

Anyways, I didn't need a backup so hopefully when I go to the store this morning they just give me a phone and let me leave without it being upgraded, etc.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Wow is the signing already closed that quickly? I missed updating my AppleTV to 5.2 because I was too lazy :(

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

I could be wrong or maybe I was just doing something wrong so I would try it for yourself...

Also, if anybody is interested, I just got back from the Apple store and they gave me a "new" (refurbished probably) iPhone 5 and it's running 6.0.1.

I can still jailbreak that, right? (i.e. I didn't have to be on exactly 6.1.2, right?)

If so, is there anything I would be missing running 6.0.1 instead of 6.1.2?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Keep it on 6.0.1 and you'll be fine. The main differences between versions are slight security fixes on apples side. The Evasi0n jailbreak will still execute and work just fine!

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
So I guess the new version of the LockInfo beta has twitter updates on the lockscreen. How do I turn this poo poo off?

Edit: Nevermind, there is a new app in the notifications box that says "Twitter Feed".

Wario In Real Life
Nov 9, 2009

by T. Finninho

Hamburlgar posted:

Keep it on 6.0.1 and you'll be fine. The main differences between versions are slight security fixes on apples side. The Evasi0n jailbreak will still execute and work just fine!
Also (it's been the case in the past, not sure if it still is), most important security updates will be available through Cydia updates so you don't really have to worry about not being on the latest version.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
alright so I have a cracked version of both Peekly and LS Round on my device. Both display location sensitive weather updates on the lock screen. Neither tweak shows the right weather for where I am though even with location switched on. Any advice behind "buy the full version"? Cheers.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

NZP posted:

alright so I have a cracked version of both Peekly and LS Round on my device. Both display location sensitive weather updates on the lock screen. Neither tweak shows the right weather for where I am though even with location switched on. Any advice behind "buy the full version"? Cheers.

I don't suspect you'll find anyone here willing to help you steal, buddy.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

NZP posted:

Buy the loving application, mate. Cheers.

NZP
Jan 4, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Without getting into the awful, awful discussion about it, if I buy it (Peekly), will it solve my problem?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Let's put this thread into neutral for a moment.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sorry about that. We're back.

What's strange is that I went to the developers' websites for both of the applications, and as best as I could tell they were free to download. :confused:

Do people sometimes take free applications from the web, toss them on Cydia and charge money for them, passing the work off as their own?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Now that we're back, Zeph, did you ever get around to migrating that MatchInMusic tweak over to NCSettings?

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH

Blimpkin posted:

Now that we're back, Zeph, did you ever get around to migrating that MatchInMusic tweak over to NCSettings?
I'm gonna do it sometime this weekend. I was waiting for my dev-only iDevice (ipt4g) to be delivered, which happened like an hour ago haha. Didn't like doing dev stuff on products I use daily.

I got it all set up and ready to go and installed NCSettings on it...and I gotta admit, I quite like it.

PunkRockTuba
Apr 29, 2007

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Sorry about that. We're back.

What's strange is that I went to the developers' websites for both of the applications, and as best as I could tell they were free to download. :confused:

Do people sometimes take free applications from the web, toss them on Cydia and charge money for them, passing the work off as their own?

They are both definitely free, I've seen Peekly get posted on some iOS theming forums by the developer and he never said anything about charging for it. It's so easy to put things on a repo, I can imagine that is exactly what someone did.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Zeph posted:

I'm gonna do it sometime this weekend. I was waiting for my dev-only iDevice (ipt4g) to be delivered, which happened like an hour ago haha. Didn't like doing dev stuff on products I use daily.

I got it all set up and ready to go and installed NCSettings on it...and I gotta admit, I quite like it.

NCSettings is nice, for sure. Of course there's a lot of stuff that SBSettings can do, but I prefer to pick and choose what those things are.

SBSettings was great to hold my hand while I eased into the JB scene, but now I know what I want out of it.

e: also, thanks! My subway trips will appreciate it!

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 21, 2013

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

I've been loving pathetic and in trying to fix a different app I deleted the Music~iphone file in ifile and have now lost my "music" app. I tried looking in ifile's trash however all I found was "var" and I can't find the music app.

I have tried restoring however keep getting errors trying to go to 6.1.2 and I almost got stuck in recovery and was about to update to 6.1.3 out of frustration. I'm now back where I started without my music app, is there any way to download and install it directly?

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Is it safe to update to 6.1.3?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Kaleidoscope posted: