Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minea
Feb 14, 2013

I'm sure it'll go away

Diabetus posted:

So here's a disaster of a video.

Fantastic update, found it quite humorous with the debate about the pronunciation of Mario

Getting two people to play simultaneously would be pretty interesting to watch as well, as others have said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Oh and yes it is entirely possible to gently caress up P1 in 2P SMG by freezing a moving platform he's trying to land on and has aimed in front of, causing it to not move to where it is supposed to move (I hate my sister so much.)

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

All this talk of 2 player smg is making me really anxious for the 2P SMG split screen hack to just get released already.

Diabetus
Jul 5, 2004
I got two videos ready to talk over that'll round out World 3, but I don't think I'll get time to do the talking over them thing and get 'em up before I leave town for a few days on Thursday (PAX East!). I'll try to find relevant Mario things to comment on while I'm up there.

In the meantime, quick informal poll. Do you guys prefer the rotating guests deal that I had early on or do you prefer the more consistent thing where beef's in a bunch of consecutive videos, or the old Metroid Prime model with a consistent person and a rotating person (like the consistent beef and random appearance of Blister in the last video but possibly with more sane people also)?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think it's worked fine both ways, honestly. I'd say shoot for more variation in guests, with slowbeef or without.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
In general I prefer consistent commentators as we know the kind of quality to expect. It feels like in many LPs with guest commentators, they have to learn how to talk to eachother and it detracts from the video. Though honestly I haven't had that problem with your rotating commentators so far.

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
Consistent beef is a great way to diet and a greater way to experience Merry-o.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Allow no updates without beef.

But definitely rotate in a 3rd from time to time, sane or not (Blister ruled).

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I like the rotating guests better.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Diabetus posted:

I got two videos ready to talk over that'll round out World 3, but I don't think I'll get time to do the talking over them thing and get 'em up before I leave town for a few days on Thursday (PAX East!). I'll try to find relevant Mario things to comment on while I'm up there.

In the meantime, quick informal poll. Do you guys prefer the rotating guests deal that I had early on or do you prefer the more consistent thing where beef's in a bunch of consecutive videos, or the old Metroid Prime model with a consistent person and a rotating person (like the consistent beef and random appearance of Blister in the last video but possibly with more sane people also)?

Latter, except the permanent guest is Blister.

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~
I vote 'Beef + rotating.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
How about you hop off that mod dick and let someone else have a shot Diabetus. :argh:

Anyway, I like the rapport you two have, adding someone else to the mix can't be bad. That last video was fun to watch, I didn't even realize it was 40 minutes long. I should say though that I miss Dave_O and you drive a dagger through my heart whenever you play a Yoshi level without him.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
I was a fan of the Metroid Prime model with one consistent guest and a revolving third spot. Lets you get a number of different perspectives with minimum sacrifice.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
You, slowbeef and another guest would be neat, but in the event that slowbeef won't be able to guest in your videos for a while, I wouldn't mind having just betus and guest.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Toffile posted:

Latter, except the permanent guest is Blister.

I see no problems with this.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I liked it when you were mixing up the guests more, but all the videos have been fun to watch, so go with your gut or something.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
I always love when you and slowbeef are together, but I honestly haven't minded at all whenever you get a new guest to come in and offer a fresh new spin on things. Trying to get Dave_O in as Yoshi was a nice touch if only he wasn't so unreliable.

Just do whatever is more allowing to your schedule, if you can get slowbeef in, then great. If not, you can bring some other guy in and it'll be just as fun.

IGotMine
Feb 12, 2009
Rotating guests, but switch it to a subtitled LP.

Frankly, your voice commentary is ruining my immersion.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Blister and Dave_O? If I wanted crazy non-sequitur commentary I'd watch Raocow's stuff.

e: Slowbeef is excellent though.

pumpinglemma fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 19, 2013

SpaceGodzilla
Sep 24, 2012

I sure hope Godzilla-senpai notices me~

pumpinglemma posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't like Blister and Dave_O? If I wanted crazy non-sequitur commentary I'd watch Raocow's stuff.

I don't really mind Dave_O because he has a certain charm even if he's not all that funny, but Blister on the other hand...

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!

Diabetus posted:

The last option but gently caress sanity as a qualifier. :unsmigghh:

Nah, seriously you and Slowbeef have a good rapport for commentary and bringing in a third guest helps take things in different directions. It's why I like your podcasts.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

pumpinglemma posted:

I used to hate Blister during the Metroid Prime LP, and he absolutely ruined Faceguy's Paper Mario: TTYD Let's Play for me thanks to his loving scarecam bullshit (what was UP with that anyway?). But he's a friend of these people (I think) so I don't mind, he's definitely a lot funnier now than he was before, at least for me.

Whatever Diabetus can do or want, I'm happy with it. :)

SageNytell posted:

Nah, seriously you and Slowbeef have a good rapport for commentary and bringing in a third guest helps take things in different directions. It's why I like your podcasts.
Case in point, your most recent video. Holy poo poo that was hilariously hosed-up and I loved every minute of it.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual
I prefer the "Prime" style where it's you and beef consistently with rotating guest(s). The rotating guests sans beef is pretty great too though.

Enormatron
Dec 22, 2009
I'm voting for slowbeef with rotating guests.

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!
Yeah, the Prime style is probably my favorite - having slowbeef around guarantees quality because of your dynamic with him, and having the rotating guests in addition to that guarantees variety. It's a win-win!

Honestly though your LP is pretty great so far regardless of co-commentator setup, so whatever you choose is a good choice.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'll vote for the Prime style, as well.

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need
I'll vote for Slowbeef and a rotating guest.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If our state gets hit by another super storm and beef can't guest from a refugee camp, chip & ironicus would be cool to have on again.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

ritcheyz posted:

I'll vote for Slowbeef and a rotating guest.

Can I throw in my opinion? Well, I'm the mod, so yes.

What I like about rotating guests is that it gets people invested in a new person. I know sometimes people are down on Metroid Prime, but I think the big thing it got right was, you had two guests:

- One's a staple that you know you can work with
- One's a new person you want to meet

Vicas might not be an overnight Internet sensation, but I think it makes you interested in Geop's Dark Souls thread and poo poo like that. NGDBSS may have abandoned his own Metroid Prime thread, but I did watch. Hell, I still remember BroolynBruiser (however you spell it) despite him not doing an LP for awhile I say keep a staple that you know you can work with to have insurance your video will be good and rotate a third guest to give other people a shot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

slowbeef posted:

- One's a staple that you know you can work with
- One's a new person you want to meet

Don't forget the third option:

- Khad

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

- Khad

Please don't remind me.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

Waffleman_ posted:

- Khad

Man if we could get Khad involved in some videos, that would be great.

I definitely support having you and Slowbeef with a third guest. That was my favorite part from the Prime LP's and its something I would like to see more of.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Toffile posted:

Please don't remind me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEdzvr0zDIc

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Waffleman_ posted:

- Khad
Permanent Khad and Blister co-commentators. :unsmigghh:

GenericFootwear
Nov 4, 2009
I really like the Prime model, and think you and Slowbeef are great together. Having a third, rotating guest keeps things fresh and interesting. So that's my vote.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
I think having Slowbeef as a regular and a rotating cast of Blister wearing various false moustaches is the best way to go from here.

Ropnolc
Mar 7, 2013
My vote's on betus+beef+random guest.
Things ought to be even more interesting now that the whole Mario pronunciation dispute has been (temporarily)put to rest.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Pyrovile posted:

Permanent Khad and Blister co-commentators. :unsmigghh:

Also without Diabetus, he just records and edits the footage together for Blister and Khad to talk over.

For serious, I like the Metroid Prime style: Diabetus, Slowbeef and a rotating third person.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My vote is for rotating guests. Alternatively get one of your Let's...Pals? on with a random guest. Something like Psychedelic Eyeball and Voidburger, or Proton Jon and medibot. Y'know someone from the podcast along with someone new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I vote for Beetus + Beef + random. I also think that one of the episodes should be a massive clusterfuck with 15 guests at the same time.

• Locked thread