Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Are the big crab monsters not in 3 Ultimate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Potsticker posted:

Are the big crab monsters not in 3 Ultimate?

Does not look like it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That's too bad. I loved fighting those things in Freedom + Freedom Unite.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Estimated download time: 10 hours 20 minutes :stare:

If this had gone up at midnight I could have downloaded this at work! Are Nintendo's servers getting slammed or something? I get download rates greater than a megabyte per second on my computer.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I got a 2 hr estimated on mine, which is still pretty absurd with my internet speeds.

CountingCrows
Apr 17, 2001
So I ran around and talked to everyone, met the chief's son, brought him meat, hopped on a boat and talked to the guild guys and now I'm lost... What next?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

CountingCrows posted:

So I ran around and talked to everyone, met the chief's son, brought him meat, hopped on a boat and talked to the guild guys and now I'm lost... What next?

You may need to start in the village doing quests, rather than taking the boat to the multiplayer lobby (I think that's what that is, haven't gone there yet myself). Take the boat back to the village and talk to the Guild Sweetheart at the counter to the left of your hut. If you have only gotten meat for the chief's son, you may need to do a few more things for the townsfolk before going on to getting quests from the girl;get some iron ore for the little crafter dude and hunt some fishies too.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I feel like I hosed up; I was doing the table clock thing, and since there was no way to assign seconds to the clock I just sort of did the 2 minutes it suggested. Should I start over and add the 48 seconds change or whatever it was for table 10 to my watch?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Here's the steps I copied from somewhere:

quote:

1) Turn off wi-fi (slide the WIRELESS button)

2) Set date to January 21st, 2012

3) Set the clock to 00:13:00, start your stopwatch right when you touch OK

4) Open the game and go to the “create new character” menu – you must confirm that you indeed want to start a new character by letting go off the A button when the clock hits 00:14:44

So it sounds like you set the clock to 00:13:00 and then wait until 00:14:44 to let go of the A button the start new character confirmation.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Countblanc posted:

I feel like I hosed up; I was doing the table clock thing, and since there was no way to assign seconds to the clock I just sort of did the 2 minutes it suggested. Should I start over and add the 48 seconds change or whatever it was for table 10 to my watch?

If you aim for 00:14:48, set the clock to 00:13:00

Start stopwatch as you press okay.

Press New Game when the stopwatch gets to 00:01:48

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Moon Monster posted:

Estimated download time: 10 hours 20 minutes :stare:

If this had gone up at midnight I could have downloaded this at work! Are Nintendo's servers getting slammed or something? I get download rates greater than a megabyte per second on my computer.

No, it's just the service is a piece of poo poo and based on demand in your area, so if something isn't really being downloaded by anyone near you you're SOL.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So, how do I set up the streetpass on the 3DS version? I work in New York City, so I feel like I have a little bit of a chance to use it!

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Fancy Hat! posted:

So, how do I set up the streetpass on the 3DS version? I work in New York City, so I feel like I have a little bit of a chance to use it!

Go to the Port Town, and there should be another cat person next to Neko (means "Cat") when you first arrive there. To get there, at Moga Village, go to the bottom left. You can only have sixteen(?) titles streetpassing, as I found out today. Pretty annoying, honestly.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Fancy Hat! posted:

Start game, close lid, pass people on the street?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Edoraz posted:

Go to the Port Town, and there should be another cat person next to Neko (means "Cat") when you first arrive there. To get there, at Moga Village, go to the bottom left. You can only have sixteen(?) titles streetpassing, as I found out today. Pretty annoying, honestly.

Sixteen at a time? They go away when you send them out on Quests, correct?

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
So even if you are in single player and the clock expires on your rewards screen, you lose everything. Is that right?

X Ray Monster
Feb 6, 2013
Heads up for those waiting on the Save Transfer thing. Yuri over at Capcom Unity says it will be up sometime today.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/go/thread/view/7451/29817947/when-will-the-3ds-transfer-update-hit-the-e-shop?pg=last

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

dvorak posted:

So even if you are in single player and the clock expires on your rewards screen, you lose everything. Is that right?

You don't, as far as I know. It's counted like failing the quest, which means you keep everything you gained and lose everything you used.

Edit: Oh, I misread. Sorry. Yeah, you'd lose everything on the reward screen.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 19, 2013

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

dvorak posted:

Yeah, all the stuff from the rewards screen is lost forever. You do still keep the stuff you picked up during the quest.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
Haha gently caress I went into my charm table blind and got table 10!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Charm table 5. Could be worse, and I'll take any non-cursed table because gently caress having to do that tutorial poo poo again if I don't have to.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Fancy Hat! posted:

Sixteen at a time? They go away when you send them out on Quests, correct?

16 3ds games. Hunters look like they cap at 99 at worst. Probably larger than that.

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Man I just don't get how captures work. I figure what I need to do until the target starts getting steam clouds and then wail with tranq bombs and finally a trap, but it never works! What's the big secret?

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Karanas posted:

Man I just don't get how captures work. I figure what I need to do until the target starts getting steam clouds and then wail with tranq bombs and finally a trap, but it never works! What's the big secret?

When they start limping, you put them in a shock or pitfall trap and chuck two tranq. bombs at them. If that doesn't do the job you didn't do enough damage, so keep on wailing at them!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Karanas posted:

Trap then two tranqs.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Karanas posted:

Trap,then tranq while they are trapped.

Harvs
Sep 1, 2008

Karanas posted:

That probably just means they are exhausted, not near death!

Try waiting until they start limping or trying to escape from you (or in the case of diablos, flipping it's poo poo every time you attack it)

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Doh, had it backwards. Well thanks for the tips. That frikin' bear is going down.:argh:

Great game by the way

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Karanas posted:

FYI steam clouds generally mean the target is enraged, not weak enough to capture. Although they can be both enraged and weak enough to capture, and some monsters (Diablos, Tigrex) enrage more easily when they're getting low. If you want to know the precise moment, you can get the psychic+10 perception+10 ability and monsters that you've tagged with a paintball will flash yellow the moment they become weak enough to capture. Otherwise you'll have to wait for them to start limping. If you let the monster limp away and sleep somewhere for awhile, it can actually heal back up to uncapturable hp again.

Once a monster becomes weak enough to capture, get it in a trap and hit it with 2 tranq bombs/shots.

Also, if it's drooling that means its stamina is low which will slow it down and give it worse attack animations, but has no inherent connection to the monster's hp.

e:wrong ability

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 19, 2013

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Karanas posted:

Doh, had it backwards. Well thanks for the tips. That frikin' bear is going down.:argh:

Great game by the way

Actually, tranq. bombs still work when you chuck them at a monster. If you throw two at the monster and put them in a trap, if they're low enough on health you capture them instantly. However, since the effect of tranq. bombs wear off relatively quickly it's generally speaking not worth doing. If anything, you could chuck the first one as they run at you and your trap and throw the second one once they're actually trapped.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

How are you guys checking your charm tables? The link in the OP is just timing out every time I try to use it.

E: Nevermind, found a working thing. I'm supposedly on 3 and that's good enough for me.

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Did they change how charms work between Tri and 3U? I know in Tri you could get a +7 Evasion 00 or a similar Crit Draw charm. Looking at the unique portions of the charm tables here:

http://www.club1kjho.com/t313-everything-about-charm-tables

Most of the unique charms listed don't seem overly interesting. I would check with the charm table utility, but I'm stuck at work.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

So I should be getting this tomorrow and I'm wondering something after playing the demo, are you locked into using the weapon you pick at the start? Like if I pick dual swords when I make my character can I switch to something else without much trouble?

Okay, thanks.
vvv

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 20, 2013

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

KimT posted:

So I should be getting this tomorrow and I'm wondering something after playing the demo, are you locked into using the weapon you pick at the start? Like if I pick dual swords when I make my character can I switch to something else without much trouble?

You can use whatever you want, you swap your gear in town.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

This is the best stream ever.

(Wife walks in)

"What??"

"There aren't any dishes in here. I'm not 100% goon"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

KimT posted:

You don't select a weapon when you make a character. You have all the weapon types in a chest in the village. It's easy to switch whenever you feel like it.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
So how long before I can send the lady out to get fish? I've already done the first official guild quest for mushrooms, how much more? This is a lot to do to check whatever this charm table thing is haha.

Hopefully they put the save thing up soon too.

EDIT:

Bussamove posted:

Do the Monster Guts quest and she'll unlock the first boat.

Thank you!

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 20, 2013

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stealthed Zombie posted:

So how long before I can send the lady out to get fish? I've already done the first official guild quest for mushrooms, how much more? This is a lot to do to check whatever this charm table thing is haha.

Hopefully they put the save thing up soon too.

Do the Monster Guts quest and she'll unlock the first boat.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
how the poo poo do I put the HUD back on the main screen? I don't have the hud options set to hide in the options (tradtional setting where if you hold the item select button the hud reappears), but there doesn't seem to be any options before that first choice to put the hud elements down on the Wii U Gamepad screen.

Help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

You know, it's really funny when the game tries to hype up non-boss monsters if you've already played a Monster Hunter game.
No please tell me about those scary ludroth game :allears:

• Locked thread