Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X Ray Monster
Feb 6, 2013

Kiggles posted:

how the poo poo do I put the HUD back on the main screen? I don't have the hud options set to hide in the options (tradtional setting where if you hold the item select button the hud reappears), but there doesn't seem to be any options before that first choice to put the hud elements down on the Wii U Gamepad screen.

Help!

I read that if you take them off the GamePad screen they will then show up on the TV again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
Yes! That works! A bit counter-intuitive, but thank you.

TheCombatWombat
Feb 23, 2001

Well it would be nice if the japanese charm table check site wasn't hammered to death so I could find out if I screwed up my charm table. Also I'd really like it if they put up the game transfer program for the 3DS.

Does anyone know of an alternative site to check your charm table?

EDIT:

This one works
http://www.hayasoft.com/chisamin/mh3g/tsearch.cgi

Use this one to translate, everything is in the same order:

http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/

Now if capcom will just upload the transfer program I can get my sweet online hunting flowing into my veins.

TheCombatWombat fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 20, 2013

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Barroth's big dumb head: Most satisfying break in the game y/n?

Watching the stream. Those moments where you bounce off his head and know you're gonna eat a charge are the worst! I like watching people use longswords. I messed with them in Tri but could never get the finesse of using them down properly.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

TheCombatWombat posted:

Well it would be nice if the japanese charm table check site wasn't hammered to death so I could find out if I screwed up my charm table. Also I'd really like it if they put up the game transfer program for the 3DS.

Does anyone know of an alternative site to check your charm table?

In the english data entry page, the one linked in the second OP post, there is a link up top to an alternate page.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
So I'm guessing on the Japanese site, the "O" in the T10 table means I did it right?

Is this something I need to check more than once, or is it usually correct on the first haul?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
There was a part of me that was hoping the text on the 3DS would not be complete rear end like it was in the demo :sigh:

Fun as hell, though I am strongly considering picking it up on the Wii U when that system hits a price drop.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ChibiSoma posted:

Those moments where you bounce off his head and know you're gonna eat a charge are the worst!

I'm watching a couple of guys fight Khezu atm, and I get the same feeling when they are in the middle of a combo 1 second before he does his area shock.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

fivegears4reverse posted:

There was a part of me that was hoping the text on the 3DS would not be complete rear end like it was in the demo :sigh:

Fun as hell, though I am strongly considering picking it up on the Wii U when that system hits a price drop.

Think someone mentioned this. I recall that you have to disable the 3D in game like in Street Fighter IV to be able to clear up the text in MH.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Stealthed Zombie posted:

So I'm guessing on the Japanese site, the "O" in the T10 table means I did it right?

Is this something I need to check more than once, or is it usually correct on the first haul?

Any column with an O means it could be that table. If T10 is the only one with a circle, then yes you are on T10. If there are any others, get another boat and enter that data as well. Repeat until only one column has no x's.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Ok, awesome. So it seems I'm definitely Table 10 then, since it's the only one with an O.

Great, I don't have to do any of that again! Thanks!

commander nojj
Feb 9, 2007
the one and only

RME posted:

You know, it's really funny when the game tries to hype up non-boss monsters if you've already played a Monster Hunter game.
No please tell me about those scary ludroth game :allears:

Haha I said the same exact thing, OH THOSE LUDROTH ARE SO SCARY!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

fivegears4reverse posted:

Either play with the 3D turned on (the lowest setting will work to clear up text), or go to the main menu and from there choose options and you can turn the 3D effects off, which makes the whole game look much nicer if you have the slider off most of the time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just beat the Great Jaggi! I'm the greatest hunter in the WORLD. :smuggo:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Funkmaster General posted:

Either play with the 3D turned on (the lowest setting will work to clear up text), or go to the main menu and from there choose options and you can turn the 3D effects off, which makes the whole game look much nicer if you have the slider off most of the time.

First thing I did when you mentioned it the first time, mainly because I'm one of those big babies who gets a headache if I have the 3D on too long for most games.

The default hunting horn they give you is goddamn badass. Good song set, not to mention you're beating monsters to death with bagpipes motherfucker. :black101:

Cuboidal 64
Sep 29, 2010

Green dick is better than blue dick
Got charm table 6 apparently, so i'm alright with that! I was wondering, should I put armor/weapon upgrades before actually buying new armor/weapons? It seems like upgrading my chainmail's giving it better stats than most of the armor on sale. Is there a limit to upgrades on the armor then?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I dont understand anything Im doing but Im enjoying hitting the big lizard and bear with my axe that switches!

I never realized how much item gathering there is in this game. I need to upgrade my axe and I cant find a certain bug :saddowns:

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Funkmaster General posted:

Thanks to you and everyone else for responding so fast, I thought I was going blinder than I already am. I have a bad prescription for glasses as is and actually got a little worried.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I just got the 3DS version (even though I stopped playing the Wii version at the second tier). How do I check what charm table I have?

e: Oh nice, I start with each of the intro weapons?

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 20, 2013

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Cuboidal 64 posted:

Got charm table 6 apparently, so i'm alright with that! I was wondering, should I put armor/weapon upgrades before actually buying new armor/weapons? It seems like upgrading my chainmail's giving it better stats than most of the armor on sale. Is there a limit to upgrades on the armor then?

Generally you shouldn't buy either. It's cheaper to craft the items yourself and save money. The upgrades start requiring rare items to continue upgrading. You can keep upgrading until it needs rarer spheres. I you want to save those for better armor.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I hate the whole lot of you. Best Buy hosed up my order and had to call them to get it redone at the same 50% off one price so getting Monster Hunter thrusday and Lego sometime in April, probably gonna cancel that one though. Yeesh. NFS is holdin' me off till Thurs but I can't run down monsters with cars in it. :smith:

Famous Amos
Sep 17, 2007

GIGA TARU BREAK
Got the WiiU version today, really enjoying the quality of life improvements over Tri. Having a little trouble with the offline gathering quest for Sandy Plains - the time left is listed as an unchanging "71632:13", and so I'm not getting my pass ticket, even after 20+ minutes. Anyone know of a workaround/reason for this or is it just hosed?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

About how far into the game are the first big monster hunts, and how far do I have to go before I have to check this charm table poo poo, realize I got a cursed one, and go through this long and above all boring as gently caress tutorial again?

If I turn the game off it's never coming back on at this rate because more slow plodding tutorial is looming in my face.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

So how do I check which table I landed? I don't care if I didn't get the best one but it would suck if I got the one with no shards.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

About how far into the game are the first big monster hunts, and how far do I have to go before I have to check this charm table poo poo, realize I got a cursed one, and go through this long and above all boring as gently caress tutorial again?

If I turn the game off it's never coming back on at this rate because more slow plodding tutorial is looming in my face.

Shortly after being able to check your charm table, you can simple complete "Farm Aid", the guild quest to kill 5 Jaggi, and you will be on your first hunter, proper. It still isn't big, but that's when "the game" starts.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Wait, I just completed Farm Aid. I thought there was supposed to be some tutorial about a fishing boat or something before that, and that's how the table is checked. Did I just miss something? :psyduck:

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
You need to finish Farm Aid, Guts: It's What's for Dinner, and Harvest Shrooms. The latter is filled necessarily.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh, well at least I'm right there, then. Thanks much.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
Actually, that will only unlock a ludroth hunt. That isn't really a "proper" hunt, but immediately after that, in 2 Star guild quests you can pick from hunting Great Jaggi, or Azuros. Those are basically comparable to the rabbit.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I have Charm table #4 but I have no idea how good that is compared to 10. Looks like the only list that was compiled was deleted.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Kiggles posted:

You need to finish Farm Aid, Guts: It's What's for Dinner, and Harvest Shrooms. The latter is filled necessarily.

I'm pretty sure I didn't do any of those quests besides the Guts quest. :v:

Just doing the Guts quest will unlock the boat.

Others are required for the Urgent.

So what are people using for breaking the beak of Qurupecco? I had 0 issues with it in Tri, but I'm using a hammer and it seems like I cannot for the life of me hit his god drat head. I break his flints every single time, and bounce like a bastard since I can't get green sharpness on anything.

I need 2 beaks to get his hat, and upgrade my newly created Hunting Horn. :v:

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
^^ Ciaphas was asking how far until the "big" monster hunts, not the charm tables.

WendigoJohnson posted:

So I have Charm table #4 but I have no idea how good that is compared to 10. Looks like the only list that was compiled was deleted.
From here

T4 is great for Blademaster, especially good for lancers as it has many guard charms. Also has many useful +10 charms such as Flute, Bomb Boost, and Gunnery.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Welp, just had to reset because a quest wouldn't end. I think I may have broken it by talking to the Veggie Elder.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
Did they decrease the health of monsters in this game? I don't remember massacring the little jaggis in one hit. I can also finish the great jaggi and bear dude in under 5 minutes with only the metal bagpipes +??

Also is there a good place to farm for carpenter bugs or are they always this obnoxiously rare.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ok so if I wanna check my tables I just gotta send out the fishing boat on an expedition then upload here http://www.hayasoft.com/chisamin/mh3g/tsearch.cgi what they brought back, right? I honestly don't care what table I got as long as I didn't get one of the bad ones.
Seriously, gently caress you Capcom for making me do this.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

gobbledygoat posted:

Did they decrease the health of monsters in this game? I don't remember massacring the little jaggis in one hit. I can also finish the great jaggi and bear dude in under 5 minutes with only the metal bagpipes +??

I was just going to ask this myself; I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be taking out Jaggis in three shots with the starting sword & shield. (Yes I use S&S because I'm a button tapper)

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

gobbledygoat posted:

Also is there a good place to farm for carpenter bugs or are they always this obnoxiously rare.

Very doubtful. Maybe some weapons had their damage tweaked upward just slightly, but this is typical of Monster Hunter, especially if this is your second game in the series. You're just better at the game.

And Carpenter Bugs will show up just about anywhere. Look for areas with blue butterflies, they seem to be "rare" nodes, but I seem to be getting carpenter bugs from orange or blue pretty frequently. The problem is, you are actively looking for the bugs. I'm just gathering haphazardly. :v:

Verror
May 10, 2012

Just got this for the 3DS and man am I awful. I chose hunting a Qurupeco as my first mission and I'm not sure if that was a good idea! He called down some 5x bigger dragon whose proceeded to tag team and beat the poo poo out of me! Going to try gathering instead. At least plants don't crush you.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I was having good luck finding Carpenter Bugs in area 4 of Moga Woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vallens
Jan 27, 2004

Get back in line you drunken fool!

Verror posted:

Just got this for the 3DS and man am I awful. I chose hunting a Qurupeco as my first mission and I'm not sure if that was a good idea! He called down some 5x bigger dragon whose proceeded to tag team and beat the poo poo out of me! Going to try gathering instead. At least plants don't crush you.

You might be in the wrong spot if you picked Queropeco. Are you in online mode?

• Locked thread