Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
Only on a date. Go get 'er Tiger!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I dunno, what if you like movies and only catch the new ones out? Aren't we just sucking up to her at this point?
Ah well, dating sim logic go. All movies! All time!

And that does not look like Edward Scissorhands :colbert:

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

SSNeoman posted:

I dunno, what if you like movies and only catch the new ones out? Aren't we just sucking up to her at this point?
Ah well, dating sim logic go. All movies! All time!

And that does not look like Edward Scissorhands :colbert:

Forgot to say about this when I was doing my last vote: It looks more like Jack Skellington, without his suit. I'm guessing the original text was just "a Tim Burton character" or something similar.

Also, we watch the popular movies.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
We watch all the movies

Raldan
Oct 21, 2010

HH Challenge Caster
(Pls no bm)
No, we only go to the movies on dates.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Only on dates :swoon:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

All films, all the time.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
All the movies!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Kanta has seen every movie ever made.

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010
I guess watching movies is our second job.

This should go smoothly up until she asks us anything at all about movies. That "Luc Besson is... great!" exchange was painful enough already.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I hope she usually frequents theaters that we don't, because saying that we love all the movies might not exactly be true.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
We watch all of the movies. Especially the bad ones.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
We only go on dates. Because we're totally on a date right now.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

All the movies, all the time.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
All movies : 20
Not that often : 1
Date only : 4

Is that so.
Yep.
I like small theaters too!
So which small theater do you go to?

This seems like a quiz about which of these have small theaters because Kana doesn’t recognize two of them having it.

The one I usually goes to are…
Ebisu Garden Cinema.
Ah!
I go there regularly.
Oh! What a coincidence!
Maybe we even come across each other over there before.
Possible~

We sure are!
There’s so many~~
Which one would be good…
Hmm, this is tough to decide …
Which one to watch?

Note: If anyone knows Japanese, please translate the following movie titles for me. In the meantime, I will just make up the name with what I got.

Note 2: Thanks Crepuscule Adepte for the translation! :tipshat:

Harry Potter Magic Boy and the Sumo Stable

Neverending Story: The Anime Inuemon

Matrix: High on Cloud Wild Bang

Geisha Art of Nose Picking America

Note: The choices correlate to the order of the movies listed, so you can choose by what movie you like instead! :eng101:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 20, 2013

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Edit: drat, ninja post!

We should choose by director and watch the Matrix movie with the finger guns and the Final Fantasies, or whatever the hell is going on in that poster.

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 20, 2013

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
Well, let's see... I'm no good with Kanji, so I can't help for the first one, but the other three are...

2: Inuemon (Appears to be a parody of Doraemon, but with a dog instead of a cat)
3: Wild Bang (...No idea here. Sounds like a generic foreign action film to me.)
4: America (...Yeah.)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Welp, the titles is kinda lame. Kanji on first one definitely say Sumo Heya though.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
Well, the rest of the first one is "Magic Boy and", so... Your title is probably entirely accurate, with the obvious exception that instead of Harry Potter, it's... Magic Boy.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Thanks a lot, fixed.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Letting her pick is a safe option, but showing a similar interest independent of her input may also impress her. Based on how she went to see a foreign action film director earlier, picking the foreign action film may be a good choice.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
Choose by director.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Choose by director, only casuals actually pick their movies based on the title/premise.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Director is the only logical choice here!

VVVVVVV Completely forgot about her bio. Changing my vote to her choice.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Mar 20, 2013

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

By director, because that one has the best name/poster.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I'm hopping the director bandwagon. It's a great chance to impress! Unless Kana likes cartoons.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Director! :bandwagon:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Director. Maybe we can catch Tim Burton's new movie, Johnny Depp Plays A Quirky Guy.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Go by Director.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

We are picky, and will pick by Director.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Let's pick by director.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Since she likes people who listen to other people's opinions then I say let her choose.

Egomaniac
Mar 23, 2006

Nyaa posted:

Welp, the titles is kinda lame. Kanji on first one definitely say Sumo Heya though.

It's "stable". Like "stable of musicians" under a record label, except for sumo wrestlers. Also, I'm pretty sure the 4th one is a parody of Amelie.

Your titles were much better.

Mordukai
Jan 27, 2009

Listen to other's opinions? Let her choose

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
Let Kana choose, she is a bigger indie movie buff, besides it may open your mind to new aspects of film which makes great conversation pieces when drinking with friends over who you are dating.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

We certainly managed to bullshit our way to this date, but now that the time to choose our entertainment for the next two to two and a half hours has finally come, we should defer to an actual movie fan.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Did it actually say "Luc Besson" in the original? It's not a very good likeness, plus why would a Frenchman say "oh-yes!"? I suppose the potted plant might be a reference to "Leon", but the gunman looks nothing like Leon from the film.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Yeah let's not be a jerk guys, listen to the girl who obviously knows more about movies than we do

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

We're already bonding over our love of a certain director, let's show him some love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Choose by Director.

Edit: Kanta likes other peoples opinions, but not as much as he likes his own opinion.

• Locked thread