Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

The Perfect Element posted:

I went on a tour of the emirates stadium yesterday and it was very interesting. What ruined it for me, however, was the class of German kids who queued up around the home team changing room in order to get their photo taken in front of a Mertesacker shirt. Literally all 30 of them.

Should have got your towel down the night before if you wanted a photo that badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

I went on a tour of the emirates stadium yesterday and it was very interesting. What ruined it for me, however, was the class of German kids who queued up around the home team changing room in order to get their photo taken in front of a Mertesacker shirt. Literally all 30 of them.

I think that's pretty badass, actually.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Typical Germans :rolleyes:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Why would they want a picture of Mert's shirt when Arsenal have superstar players like... heh I guess there isn't anyone. Now I want a photo in front of his shirt!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Can't believe they chose Big Per over Lu-Lu-Lu-Lukas Podolski tbh.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wow, what arseholes, I can't believe they ruined it all for you :rolleyes:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Can't even imagine how thorougly that must've ruined your day.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Why isn't there a trigger warning on this post? I remember I visited a museum once and it was full of children. Ruined it.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
As a former teacher I think 30 children in an enclosed space can be a subpar experience. Do they still have a big bath or have those been phased out?

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

We get that all the time with Argentines and Aguero, but they are normally pretty polite so it's fine, and I don't have to deal with them too much so I don't complain.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Adulterous Hitler posted:

Can't believe they chose Big Per over Lu-Lu-Lu-Lukas Podolski tbh.

Anti-Polish racism is still going strong.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Breath Ray posted:

As a former teacher I think 30 children in an enclosed space can be a subpar experience. Do they still have a big bath or have those been phased out?

I can confirm that the Emirates does have a Big Bath.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Yeah, the bath is cool. It massages your arse post-match.

The German kids didn't actually ruin my day, I was just exaggerating because I'm posting on the Internet.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Brazilian match delayed because there were bees on the goalposts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4c1dClt9VY

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

That's a quality bath and make no mistake

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

atomic gog posted:

Gimme 5 bees for a corner you'd say

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Yeah, the bath is cool. It massages your arse post-match.

The German kids didn't actually ruin my day, I was just exaggerating because I'm posting on the Internet.
This post ruined my day.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

the sex ghost posted:

That's a quality bath and make no mistake

I bet there is some strong arming after the games to get in there. Also, I feel that if you were to sit on the ledge one's bullocks might fall through and cause an issue. But otherwise quality.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

atomic gog posted:

Bees?!

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Beads

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Pitch invaders are weird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEHdnPp5QFY

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Why did AVB shove martin o neil???

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Popehoist posted:

I can't stop watching it.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Popehoist posted:

AVB shoving MON? This acronym on acronym violence has to stop IMHO.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Why wasn't this man tazed? You Brits are far too nice.

It was nice to see a fan not tackled and beaten for running on the field.

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW

That dude owns

mikewozere
Jun 2, 2008

Aiiiii

Most disgusting thing about this is the Norwich fans.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCHS87g5lsU

We don't have enough U11 goals in this thread.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

De Gea likes Slayer.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

Breath Ray posted:

I found this photo in an old programme - this horse used to be stabled behind the old North stand and pulled the grass cutter and roller and as you can see from the photo it produced a billiard table finish!

The question is, where is Suarez stabled?

supposedly, a ghost horse haunted highbury.

and his name is almunia aaaaaaaaaaaaahaha

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
http://www.givemefootball.com/335711-video-totti-pulls-off-spectacular-backheel-pass-before-scoring-landmark-goal?tg=uefa%20cl

This is unbelievable. Totti still is so class, he's having a great season. Also, became the second highest scorer in Serie A history in this match.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Due to fixture pile ups Guernsey FC currently have 14 games in hand against the rest of the league. They also have to play 21 games in 37 days. This is their April fixture list

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Guernsey are the team that pays to fly out the opposition from gatwick for home games as well, so odds are you'll have one flight with three opposition teams on it at a time,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/13082894

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
There's a thing in the latest WSC about fixture congestion in the lower leagues. I think it was Hendon who were faced with the prospect of playing a game every day for a week and then two in the same day before the league let them finish the season a bit later

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Why do the fixtures get so piled up is it just weather postponements?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That and teams not travelling to Guernsey midweek for matches

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOgheeRB3DY

:allears:

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Blue Screen Error posted:

Why do the fixtures get so piled up is it just weather postponements?

In Guernsey's case I believe the weather has prevented teams flying out, and they're also through to the FA Vase semi-finals having played in every round (including qualifying rounds).

In the Conference there's been a lot of games postponed due to the weather, Gateshead are having to play home games at other grounds as the pitch at the International Stadium is apparently unplayable - their last game of the season will be played at The Riverside Stadium, which should produce the highest attendance there this year. Braintree have 12 games to play, whilst Telford have 6 - Braintree had a game postponed on Saturday due to waterlogging, and the top of the table clash at Wrexham last night was postponed due to waterlogging, the game at Newport was also in danger at one point too due to the rain. Mansfield & Wrexham have 9 & 8 games left to play respectively, which includes playing each other twice! This is good as we're currently top of the league (on GD) and could do with two draws :)

tl;dr - It's been very wet this year, combined with poo poo pitches at Gateshead, Braintree & Newport there's lots of football to play in the next 31 days. I'd hazard a guess that most gameweeks have had at least 1 game off due to the weather since before Christmas, due to snow/frost/water.

JingleBells fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I watched Yeovil v Swindon last night, League 1 fixture and that pitch looked bloody terrible, I shudder to think what those used even further down the leagues are like.

• Locked thread