Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Chompsky Honk posted:

Do I need a preamp? If so, recommendations?

Nope. The AT-LP120 has one built in. beaten

Space Jam fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

david puddy posted:

That's cool, I doubt they numbered them in the order they were bought though. Some nerds will probably pay a lot more money for #500/500 though.

Isn't calling Dream Theater fans nerds redundant?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Elrobot posted:

Probably the lowest number of any of the releases I've got which is cool.

I think this is mine:

theradiostillsucks posted:

Isn't calling Dream Theater fans nerds redundant?

Would it help if I changed the wording to "Some of those nerds"

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Sadly, I do not have any numbered limited vinyl, but I do have a crazy-low-number Mountain Goats tour poster. 4/100.

edit: Correction! I've got #814 of ??? of Idlewild's I'm A Message 7", which I found at a Half-Price Books I think. Nothing fancy at all.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 20, 2013

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've got 12/350 for The Men's new album.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
The "deluxe" or whatever edition of the most recent Eraserhead pressing is numbered and sealed with a wax stamp. My number is somewhere in the 200s. My copy of EITS- How Strange Innocence is 207/300

I have couple "record release show" copies of The Saddest Landscape records that are hand numbered as well.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Kevar posted:

My copy of EITS- How Strange Innocence

You lucky bastard.

I just got this in the mail, I'm not sure if it was intentional or what. I mean, it works and everything, but seems so weird that they'd put the track list and barcode on the front of the sleeve.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

HOLY gently caress Y'ALL

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/03/vangelis-blade-runner-soundtrack-receives-vinyl-reissue/

:eyepop:

edit: VVV: yeah I have wanted this for a long time, so excited :unsmith:

alg fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 20, 2013

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That's awesome. That soundtrack is a white whale for so many people, considering the lovely re-interpretations are so much easier to find than the real thing.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Also, the Savages full length is up for pre-order finally.

http://store.matadorrecords.com/silence-yourself

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Do any of you guys dig on everything to do with Stephen Merritt? If so you might be interested in knowing there's a preorder for a Future Bible Heroes set of their albums including a new one.

http://www.mergerecords.com/store/store_detail.php?catalog_id=938

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Apparently the Flaming Lips release vinyl records? Here's a pre-order page for their newest: The Terror.

Limited edition silver vinyls available to those who pre-order only.

http://store.flaminglips.com/the-terror-limited-edition-colored-vinyl-463882.html

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.

Cloks posted:

Apparently the Flaming Lips release vinyl records? Here's a pre-order page for their newest: The Terror.

Limited edition silver vinyls available to those who pre-order only.

http://store.flaminglips.com/the-terror-limited-edition-colored-vinyl-463882.html

Or you could order the UK version, which comes out two weeks earlier, is cheaper than WB's overpriced release, and comes with a bonus 7" that the American release doesn't:

http://www.rise-music.co.uk/browse/search/flaming+lips/item/245938/Flaming-Lips-The-Terror.html

Use the code 'PRESALE' for an extra 10% off, so $32 shipped to the US.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

cheapandugly posted:

Do any of you guys dig on everything to do with Stephen Merritt? If so you might be interested in knowing there's a preorder for a Future Bible Heroes set of their albums including a new one.

http://www.mergerecords.com/store/store_detail.php?catalog_id=938

If you buy this, or anything else from Merge, use the code "wtf" for 20% off.

Waltermelon
Feb 28, 2011
I can barely contain my girlish excitement.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Sweet, that'll come in handy since I haven't placed my order yet.

mia2000
Feb 8, 2003

This is our song of exultant joy

Surfingelectrode posted:

Or you could order the UK version, which comes out two weeks earlier, is cheaper than WB's overpriced release, and comes with a bonus 7" that the American release doesn't:

http://www.rise-music.co.uk/browse/search/flaming+lips/item/245938/Flaming-Lips-The-Terror.html

That's a hell of a deal, compared to the other offerings available online. I'm assuming this retailer is pretty reputable?

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

mia2000 posted:

That's a hell of a deal, compared to the other offerings available online. I'm assuming this retailer is pretty reputable?

I've never ordered from them before, but I've never seen anything bad about them. The cheapness/better deal is mainly because the album is being released by Bella Union in the UK, which is a much, much better label than Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. kind of have a tradition of finding some way to gently caress up every single thing the Lips have released through them for the past 12 or so years.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I've ordered from Rise before (and been to their [apparently now closed] store in Bristol). They're a good company.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Hey guys! Look what I got:

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Surfingelectrode posted:

I've never ordered from them before, but I've never seen anything bad about them. The cheapness/better deal is mainly because the album is being released by Bella Union in the UK, which is a much, much better label than Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. kind of have a tradition of finding some way to gently caress up every single thing the Lips have released through them for the past 12 or so years.

I cannot understand why one of the weirdest and most prolific bands would stay signed to a major. Why the hell haven't they started their own label anyhow?

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Bliggers- posted:

I cannot understand why one of the weirdest and most prolific bands would stay signed to a major. Why the hell haven't they started their own label anyhow?

Because Warner Bros. give them the money and freedom to do whatever they want. They've got their own label, Lovely Sorts of Death, which they released their first EP, all of their 2011 stuff, and other things like that King Crimson tribute on.

I give Warner Bros. props for not dropping them in the mid-90s when Clouds Taste Metallic flopped and then putting out Zaireeka a few years later, but they're pretty awful otherwise.

The new album was only pushed back in the countries where WB are releasing it. The EU version is still coming out on April 1.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

One of my favorite albums from my somewhat odd teenage years, still one of my favorite bands of all times:

I also snagged the Atoms for Peace, AMOK album and it's really, REALLY good.
I desperately need a higher quality cart/stylus at this point, now that I'm pretty vested in this thing.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I think WB also kept them signed because they made the mistake of dropping Wilco (and then picking them up again under a subsidiary) and they didn't want to repeat that.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Cloks posted:

I think WB also kept them signed because they made the mistake of dropping Wilco (and then picking them up again under a subsidiary) and they didn't want to repeat that.
Technically it was Reprise Records (a Warner subsidiary) that refused to release Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and dropped them because of it. Wilco resigned with Nonesuch Records (yet another Warner subsidiary) and the album sold 500,000 copies. So in the end, dropping them didn't really change anything, but I'm sure it has made Warner more wary of dropping critically acclaimed, but not very commercially viable bands like the Lips and Wilco.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

alg posted:

HOLY gently caress Y'ALL

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/03/vangelis-blade-runner-soundtrack-receives-vinyl-reissue/

:eyepop:

edit: VVV: yeah I have wanted this for a long time, so excited :unsmith:

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a copy.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

CPL593H posted:

Hey guys! Look what I got:

Oh goddamn, that's hot. Did you get a shipment notification, or did it just show up? Been looking forward to this one. How does it sound?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Oh goddamn, that's hot. Did you get a shipment notification, or did it just show up? Been looking forward to this one. How does it sound?

They just sent me an email that said something about "We've processed your order", which is pretty much their shipping notification, I guess. I was surprised that it showed up today because the release date for this is in May. I actually haven't listened to it yet, I just figured I'd show people what the disc looks like and what poo poo it comes with. The 12X12 print is a a limited edition thing only available with the colored vinyl edition, but it seems kind of redundant because all copies come with that big poster (which is cooler in my opinion).

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Oh, I thought the mini-print was the main attraction and it came with BONUS color.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
So Pulp just announced they are putting out a 12" version of After You out on RSD in the UK. Would someone be kind enough to buy it and send it over for me? Willing to give blowjobs/paypal in return.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

http://topshelfrecords.bigcartel.com/product/code-orange-kids-sdf-the-world-is-a-beautiful-place-tigers-jaw-4-way-split-7-inch

Topshelf just announced the 4 way split, Code Orange Kids are on it.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Surfingelectrode posted:

Is there any goons over there that could help me get this to the states? For some reason it won't accept my CC. Anyone help?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Awesome. <3 The World is... Thanks for the heads up. I really need to start checking Topshelf far more often. I think about 1/3 of my vinyl is from there.

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?
I just got an e-mail update for my UK order of the new Flaming Lips saying that the release was pushed back to April 15th. Bummer!

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

GOD loving DAMMIT

If anyone got the pink and doesn't really care about the color (which I usually don't) and wants to sell/trade it (reasonably) I would be forever in your debt. The World is and Self Defense Family are hands down my favorite current bands and pink is my favorite vinyl color, so obviously I was at work when this poo poo went live.

Usually I catch every TS preorder within minutes of it going up. Any other bands and any other vinyl color and I would not have given a poo poo about which color I got. Vinyl is dramatic, man :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Kevar posted:

GOD loving DAMMIT

If anyone got the pink and doesn't really care about the color (which I usually don't) and wants to sell/trade it (reasonably) I would be forever in your debt. The World is and Self Defense Family are hands down my favorite current bands and pink is my favorite vinyl color, so obviously I was at work when this poo poo went live.

Usually I catch every TS preorder within minutes of it going up. Any other bands and any other vinyl color and I would not have given a poo poo about which color I got. Vinyl is dramatic, man :(

If you get the other limited version, I will trade you.

Edit: assuming you live someplace in the lower 48.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Thrift store finds:

Promotional copy of Hawkwind. Cover is decent, but actual album looks perfect.

And 8-tracks of Leftoverture and Point of Know Return. My monster Panasonic turntable has a built-in 8-track player that still works. Don't know if these will, though.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is it stupid that I'm thinking about buying a copy of deadwing at the price it goes for online? I really really want it and I've been waiting for word of a reissue for ages, without joy. Does anyone have any idea if it is likely to be reissued?

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

alg posted:

If you get the other limited version, I will trade you.

Edit: assuming you live someplace in the lower 48.

That would be amazing and yes I do. As far as I know there's only 2 other colors you can buy Clear Gold w/red and Red (RFC's exclusive is subscription only). I'm not actually sure which one I'm getting, but it'll probably be Clear Gold w/red. I went with one of the t shirt bundles as a last ditch effort to maybe get pink because TS puts aside a certain number of each for the bundles. So either I'll get lucky and end up with pink or I'll gt their 2nd rarest which is the clear gold. Besides, once you have 7 TWIABP shirts, might as well have 8.

Speaking of topshelf, my Caravels LP should be here tomorrow and I'm beyond stoked to finally listen to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Kevar posted:

That would be amazing and yes I do. As far as I know there's only 2 other colors you can buy Clear Gold w/red and Red (RFC's exclusive is subscription only). I'm not actually sure which one I'm getting, but it'll probably be Clear Gold w/red. I went with one of the t shirt bundles as a last ditch effort to maybe get pink because TS puts aside a certain number of each for the bundles. So either I'll get lucky and end up with pink or I'll gt their 2nd rarest which is the clear gold. Besides, once you have 7 TWIABP shirts, might as well have 8.

Speaking of topshelf, my Caravels LP should be here tomorrow and I'm beyond stoked to finally listen to it.

How are you getting it early!!!!!! So jealous :smith: