Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

eggrolled posted:

Thanks! Just added you as well. So, am I a man or a girl in purple? :v:

I can confirm that you have not been given an involuntary sex change and that your Mii is a girl with eyeshadow and black hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

AngryCaterpillar posted:

I can confirm that you have not been given an involuntary sex change and that your Mii is a girl with eyeshadow and black hair.

Haha, glad to hear that it's looking normal to you as well as me. Thank you! I appreciate the help. At least it looks like I won't need to do a factory reset and lose my meaningless data!

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

A new Sega 3D Classics game got announced, this time it's Super Hang On.

Still no US date for Space Harrier but the Australian rating hopefully is a sign of Sega slowly pushing the games out overseas.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

I've more or less decided to get a new 3DS (XL this time). Feeling the urge to play some SimCity/Theme Hospital/Settlers-ish game. Anything on the 3DS (or maybe the DS) that fits the bill?

VVVV That seems like a surprisingly decent handheld version of the game. Any consensus on what version of Harvest Moon is the best one?

uncle blog fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 19, 2013

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Alex WS posted:

I've more or less decided to get a new 3DS (XL this time). Feeling the urge to play some SimCity/Theme Hospital/Settlers-ish game. Anything on the 3DS (or maybe the DS) that fits the bill?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimCity_DS

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!
Alex WS, "A new beginning" is the best one, though it starts out slow fire the first season or two and is really bad about encouraging you to sell things you'll need for building things.

riding gravity
May 7, 2007

Alex WS posted:

VVVV That seems like a surprisingly decent handheld version of the game. Any consensus on what version of Harvest Moon is the best one?

Dawn of Discovery DS is pretty good.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
So I got a 3DS XL from my LGS, and I'm pretty sure it was brand new. I typed in the serial on my club Nintendo page and its now listed under my registered devices. I didn't get the PIN card for coins, though. Will I still be eligible for the free downloadable game promotion or will I b SOL wthout the PIN?

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001
My new 3DS XL didn't come with a PIN. It was just the serial number to register.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Are you sure about that? Mine came with both a serial number and a PIN, and I didn't get the coins/get credit that I actually owned it (as opposed to registering it for an extended warranty) until I put in the PIN.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

riding gravity posted:

Dawn of Discovery DS is pretty good.
Yeah, the DS version of Dawn of Discovery/Anno is shockingly great. Except for one or two small things they streamlined it is almost identical to the PC version.

There's a pretty decent port of Settlers 2 on the DS, too.

ZoMBiePiGGy
Mar 26, 2007
Who put my stapler in jello!?!?

lol internet. posted:

Also, if I upgrade my SD card from the stock 2GB to something like 32GB, is it as simple as copying pasting the contents of the SD card?

Someone said yes to this, but when I pop the original 2GB SD card into my computer it wants me to format the disc. Won't this erase all the data?

Unoriginal
May 12, 2001

turnways posted:

Are you sure about that? Mine came with both a serial number and a PIN, and I didn't get the coins/get credit that I actually owned it (as opposed to registering it for an extended warranty) until I put in the PIN.

Maybe I'm thinking of my Wii U. I bought them around the same time and I thought it was the XL that didn't come with a PIN, but I guess it was the Wii U after all.

Mr. Nutty
Mar 3, 2005

ZoMBiePiGGy posted:

Someone said yes to this, but when I pop the original 2GB SD card into my computer it wants me to format the disc. Won't this erase all the data?

Yes, it would. Don't format it if you value your data. I'm not sure how to get around that though.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

ZoMBiePiGGy posted:

Yeah, just ignore that little message (hit the X, or whatever), and go about the your business with the card.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

I bought a German copy of Inazuma Eleven for cheap because I foolishly assumed it would be like most other games and have a choice of languages, but I can't seem to find the option. Does anyone have an English copy and can check if you can change language? I'm pretty sure I'm screwed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Blaisedell posted:

I bought a German copy of Inazuma Eleven for cheap because I foolishly assumed it would be like most other games and have a choice of languages, but I can't seem to find the option. Does anyone have an English copy and can check if you can change language? I'm pretty sure I'm screwed.

I remember there being a bit of drama when the game was first released in Europe due to this very problem - they initially skipped the UK release and only released the game in Europe for some reason, so the only way people could play in English was to import the Scandinavian version.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yeah, much like the Pokémon or Professor Layton games, Inazuma Eleven is one single language per cart in Europe. Resell that one and try to find a cheap copy elsewhere from the UK, Portugal, Greece, or parts of Scandinavia. Those will be in English.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

When is that Target 3DS XL sale taking place?

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Starts Sunday.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid

ZoMBiePiGGy posted:

No idea, it didn't happen to me. (and I'm on a Mac)

Read the card fine, perhaps your cards FAT table is damaged.

ZoMBiePiGGy
Mar 26, 2007
Who put my stapler in jello!?!?

lol internet. posted:

No idea, it didn't happen to me. (and I'm on a Mac)

Read the card fine, perhaps your cards FAT table is damaged.

I tried again and it worked just fine. I'm not sure what was going on the first time.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Level-5 filed a trademark for Fantasy Life in Europe. While not a confirmation that the game is heading West, it's a sign that it's a (big) possibility.

Castlevania II: Dracula's Curse will be available in Japan's VC on March 27.

There isn't much in regards of new game announcements lately or any other sort of news. It's been quiet in the 3DS front.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
I decided to upgrade to the XL, and man, I wasn't ready to be blown away by the size-difference of the screens. Yet here I am, blown away. There is absolutely no reason to hold on to the old 3DS.

I'm doing a system transfer as we speak, and the transfer-screen sure is cute.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Arthe Xavier posted:

I decided to upgrade to the XL, and man, I wasn't ready to be blown away by the size-difference of the screens. Yet here I am, blown away. There is absolutely no reason to hold on to the old 3DS.

I'm doing a system transfer as we speak, and the transfer-screen sure is cute.

After a few days, your old 3DS will look like a keychain toy.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

elf help book posted:

After a few days, your old 3DS will look like a keychain toy.

I can't even sell mine. I mean, I've gotten offers from friends, but I just can't in good faith sell it to them. After showing them the XL, they all wound up getting one of those instead.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Level-5 filed a trademark for Fantasy Life in Europe. While not a confirmation that the game is heading West, it's a sign that it's a (big) possibility.

Castlevania II: Dracula's Curse will be available in Japan's VC on March 27.

There isn't much in regards of new game announcements lately or any other sort of news. It's been quiet in the 3DS front.

Dracula's Curse is the English subtitle for Castlevania III, the Japanese subtitle for Castlevania II is something like "Curse of the Seal" if I'm remembering correctly. How dare Siliconera make this mistake! I will never forgive them.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Maybe the next handheld will have a big screen right out of the gate. Wouldn't be pocket sized but neither is the PSvita. Mobile devices with 3-4 inch screens are disappearing anyway.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Waiting for some nice colors before I upgrade to the XL. It's only blue and red right now, yeah?

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Volt Catfish posted:

Waiting for some nice colors before I upgrade to the XL. It's only blue and red right now, yeah?

And pink and Pikachu yellow

Depends where you are though.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Volt Catfish posted:

Black/Red, Black/Blue & White/Pink are the only colors available. The Pikachu one launches on 3/24.

I'm personally holding out for an all black XL, which every other country seems to have. gently caress you NOA.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I figure the only way I'll upgrade to the XL is when my shoulder buttons inevitably poo poo out or America gets that SMT4 bundle. It's gaudy and tribal as hell but I'd give Atlus money.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Maybe the next handheld will have a big screen right out of the gate. Wouldn't be pocket sized but neither is the PSvita. Mobile devices with 3-4 inch screens are disappearing anyway.

But then Nintendo couldn't make money off of selling you the same console twice. Who would buy the "regular" version?

I actually like the normal followed by XL release. It lets them work out some of the kinks in the system and, by the time the XL is released, I already have some good games to play.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Volt Catfish posted:

To be honest, the Blue + Black model I got looks pretty cool. I wouldn't have minded an all black version, but this was the only model my local videogame-store had.

Oh, and I'm taking my original 3DS back to the store for trade-in value ( I only took it home to complete the transfer, which wasn't possible at the store ).

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Arthe Xavier posted:

To be honest, the Blue + Black model I got looks pretty cool. I wouldn't have minded an all black version, but this was the only model my local videogame-store had.

Oh, and I'm taking my original 3DS back to the store for trade-in value ( I only took it home to complete the transfer, which wasn't possible at the store ).

The store I went to (Gamestop) offered me $50, and that's with everything it originally came with and the system in pristine condition. It was tempting, but I wound up keeping mine because I could see getting more out of it (Pokemon transfers, single-cart multiplayer matches with friends, Streetpass stuff, as a backup system in case the XL breaks, etc.) than the money they were offering me. I mean, I already had a case (had to get a different one for the XL) and a bunch of third party accessories that would just go to waste, so I hung onto it and I might eventually give it all away as a birthday gift or something later on.

If they offer you more, it'd probably be worth it, but for me it was just way too low.

turnways fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 20, 2013

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you want to sell your 3DS, you're much better off selling them in the SA Mart. Most offers are sold near the full price (That's how I got mine, thanks goons).

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Castlevania 2 is one of those games that is only tolerable if you have a hint guide and if you can not get frustrated at having the day/night cycle interrupt you every couple of minutes. The gameplay isn't too terrible.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

glassyalabolas posted:

Black/Red, Black/Blue & White/Pink are the only colors available. The Pikachu one launches on 3/24.

I'm personally holding out for an all black XL, which every other country seems to have. gently caress you NOA.

I feel this way, except with all white XL.

drat you NOA, give us some variety in the colors or bring some more limited editions.

Even if they do a limited edition bundle for Pokemon X/Y, I can see them just using the Red/Blue XLs. (the X and Y in the Pokemon logos are colored red and blue)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That's almost certainly NES Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest and not Gameboy Castlevania 2 Belmont's Revenge, right? I think Japan NES CV2 had something about a curse in the tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

I feel this way, except with all white XL.

drat you NOA, give us some variety in the colors or bring some more limited editions.

Even if they do a limited edition bundle for Pokemon X/Y, I can see them just using the Red/Blue XLs. (the X and Y in the Pokemon logos are colored red and blue)
Here in Norway, both white and black are available, but only as higher priced bundles with either Mario 3D/Mario Kart 7 or Monster Hunter.

I intend to pick up the white XL with Mario Kart later today. I already have MK7 from my last 3DS, so will be trading that in (along with 20 other games). If I stick in a 16gig card, I can redownload MK7 from the eshop? And the version on the 4gig card will be useless on other 3DS's?

Has anybody outside of a Club Nintendo supported country managed to register an account and reap rewards? Want to get in on that free game business.

• Locked thread