Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

genesplicer posted:

Yes! Brian Cox is one of our current crushes (we both have a thing for astrophysicists, I just wish more of them were young, hot females). I've added the quote to my collection of Quotes I'm Going to Immortalize In Caligraphy, Once I Get Around To It. Thanks!

This makes me unreasonably happy :neckbeard: Glad I made some good choices and that you enjoyed the card! And I'm going to second the notion that button-stand-up cards are great and make rather attractive decorations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raaachel
Jul 10, 2010
I'm back and I'm ready to send some mail out! I owe several of you some replies so I'll be getting on it this week! I know this is well over due and my apologies! Thank you to everyone that has sent mail the past several months. I greatly appreciate it. :)

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Thank you all so, so much for sending me all those letters! I'm starting to have a huge pile of them on my desk and slowly and steadily I'm gonna answer and write back to you.

So many letters :3:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Does anyone know how much it actually costs to send a letter from the US to Canada...? I just went into the Post Office to drop something off (cuntvalet be watching!), and the lady said it was part of the flat rate international program for $1.10. However, the last time I went in, the guy I spoke with said it was $0.90. Does anyone know which it is for certain? Coming at it from a different angle, has anyone I've sent mail to in Canada been charged for my lack of postage? :ohdear:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Niemat posted:

Does anyone know how much it actually costs to send a letter from the US to Canada...? I just went into the Post Office to drop something off (cuntvalet be watching!), and the lady said it was part of the flat rate international program for $1.10. However, the last time I went in, the guy I spoke with said it was $0.90. Does anyone know which it is for certain? Coming at it from a different angle, has anyone I've sent mail to in Canada been charged for my lack of postage? :ohdear:

I was told that it's $1.10 now

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Lamb for the st patrick's day stuff.

I'm still job hunting so I won't be able to send mail just yet, but I have cards ready to be filled for when I can afford to again.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

Niemat posted:

Yep, all international postage prices went up on January 27th.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Thank you for the St. Patty's goodies Team Lunch, The Genesplicers and Lamb!

DLAO you are a really fast penpal. :stare:

Replies going out over the next couple days, it was my birthday the 19th but I'm ultra broke because I'm getting the timing belt replaced on my car (it's starting to slip and it's either $700 now or $1500 later to replace the whole engine).

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

13Pandora13 posted:

DLAO you are a really fast penpal. :stare:

Replies going out over the next couple days, it was my birthday the 19th but I'm ultra broke because I'm getting the timing belt replaced on my car (it's starting to slip and it's either $700 now or $1500 later to replace the whole engine).

I kind of have to be... I'm on some mind fogging meds that make my memory more of a "did that really happen or was I dreaming or something?" kind of life. So, I try to respond as soon as a get something. But since I was sick, now I'm confused as to whom I've responded and who should be getting something.

I was considering just giving up and sending out stuff regardless since I'm too confused. Also, I was trying to alternate my different kinds of card stuff, but now I don't remember who I sent what. All this before 30. Can't wait 'till I'm 60--- I probably will forget to get to that age though. :smith:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Finally able to send out some colourful goon love!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Rythe posted:

A special amazing thanks goes out to Team Lunch for the beyond amazing thank you card and gift you sent to me.

I am not sure if you are an amazing stalker, or I posted authors I like or what, but you pretty much picked one of my favorite books ever as a cover to your notebook. Asimov is a Sci-fi god and by far one of my most favorite authors. I am going to take this notebook to work to right down all the staff notes I need to brief to all my guys every Thursday, I am going to get some great us out of this amazing book.

Rythe, I'm glad you got it (I am really belated on replying to this). I'm not a very good stalker- I just have amazing luck sometimes. That book cover was sent to be my a pen-pal of mine as a postcard, and I really loved the artwork and wanted it to live on as a notebook. Really glad you liked it! :)

Niemat I got your card yesterday and have written you back!

Kafka's goldfish I sent you something also, did you get it? I'm a little nervous as your address is a bit unusual.:ohdear:

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Got some awesome mail from Pandora and Lamb! Perfect timing, feeling a bit down today! :D

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

These are going out in today's mail. I hope they get to their destinations by this weekend....

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Thank you for the march holidays cheer, Team Lunch! I need to start working on some new mail and replies.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

JimmydaFish posted:

These are going out in today's mail. I hope they get to their destinations by this weekend....

Those are really pretty!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

JimmydaFish posted:

I see my name! :woop: Thank you! I'm so excited for this!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

:)

Just trying to bring some sunshine to a few goons. I wish I could afford to send more cards.

Psst CuntValet - there's a card in there for you. ;)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Just got this fortune today from a fortune cookie! No pressure or anything, guys.... :v:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I moved the address list to a secure folder, I just figure we can avoid spambot direct mail farmers that way.

http://goonstuff.side-o-lamb.com

PM me or send an email to lisa [at] side-o-lamb [dotcom] for the password!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Niemat posted:

Just got this fortune today from a fortune cookie! No pressure or anything, guys.... :v:

Just finished writing some overdue letters that will be going out tomorrow. The cookie is wise.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I got a letter from 13Pandora and just sent my response. Sorry if it's a bit long. :-D

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

panorama_change posted:

Just finished writing some overdue letters that will be going out tomorrow. The cookie is wise.

And I am excited! :3:

I also recently received letters from cuntvalet, Team Lunch, and Dushkani that I'm working on responses to! :buddy: AND if that weren't great enough(!), I also got an Easter card from Jimmy da Fish!! I'm down for the count today due to illness, so it's been great reading all your mail, guys! :kimchi: Thanks!!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I got an Easter Card from JimmydaFish and it totally made my day! :-) I didn't get anything out for Easter this year (Sorry, work has been OVERWORKING me :-( ) But I will be sending something out to you, daFish to thank you for the card!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

DLAO posted:

I got an Easter Card from JimmydaFish and it totally made my day! :-) I didn't get anything out for Easter this year (Sorry, work has been OVERWORKING me :-( ) But I will be sending something out to you, daFish to thank you for the card!

I got cards from panorama and Lamb! I'll write back soon, but I don't have any DC tchotchkies to send out yet.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Panorama_change & Jimmy Da Fish, I got cards from you! (Jimmy, yours arrived in time for Easter, hooray!)

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got cards from JimmyDaFish and Lamb last week! And then on Sunday I found another envelope from Lamb on my kitchen table that had been buried under stuff for a couple weeks! :neckbeard:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Yay! :neckbeard: So glad that some of my cards have made it.

And thank you to Lamb! I got your card yesterday. You always send such fun stuff.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
It seems as though no one is getting my cards/letters :ohdear:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

party hat posted:

It seems as though no one is getting my cards/letters :ohdear:

I got one from you just yesterday!! :buddy: I'll try to have a response back by the end of the week!!

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Hey guys. Look I've absolutely loved the influx of mail I had been getting. It has meant more than anything I could ever dream for. Unfortunately at this point some seems to have been mismatched and all I have are the letter carriers them themselves. I made a little monument on everything I've received since around August and grouped them as best I could. Before that they're at home but I'll try to get those too!

The letter on the bottom left is the pen-pal letter which really tore me up. I can go through each individual card and thank the person personally but I'm so afraid I'll miss someone and make then feel unwanted and that's the last thing I would ever want to do. Just know you've saved me and helped me feel not alone for once in a long while and are helping me through an incredibly bad and stressful part of life right now. At the very least I'll try to show I had received them later

Love you all.

e: It's all seriously made me tear up to whomever though of me when they sent me something. I have no money right now. Behind on so many bills. I will try to send at least something when I get a chance. I believe it was kafka's goldfish that had the actual wax seal on it but I lost it do to the vomit (ew). I'll try to compile a list of everybody that I can who has sent me something although I know I'll miss a few. Chime in if I did.

Oh and whomever glitterbombed me around decemeber (or maybe late November) I'm still finding stars everywhere including my bathroom tub and I moved to an entirely new apartment since then. Major kudos.

Rickycat fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 3, 2013

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

I'm pretty sure I sent you the banana couple card, I think. Glad I could deliver a little joy too you.
:glomp:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

I see my xmas card in there on the right. I'm glad it brought you some cheer. And please don't worry about having to send a card back. Just take care of yourself. Hugs :glomp:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Lamb for the easter goodies. I also love how you stamp your cards now. :3:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Ohmygosh, I got the most awesome mail today from lamb and Jimmy da Fish.

Jimmy, your card was adorable! I loved it!

Lamb, thank you for all of the goodies. I love the danger bunny card!!!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

cardboardRobot posted:

Thank you Lamb for the easter goodies. I also love how you stamp your cards now. :3:

I had a tender :3: moment when I got mine as well, thanks Lamb!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I'm losing track of everything because (as I've stated before) work is becoming an unending nightmare. My boss just came back from out of town today and when he walked in, I flat out said 'Just so you know, I will NOT be in tomorrow; I'm having a day OFF!" and he just said "sure" and went on his way. What he doesn't know is that I also plan on turning off my work cell and ignoring any work calls to my personal cell. HAH! I honestly think he agreed so readily because the expression on my face was "You let me off OR I go postal right here, right now".

I got cards/notes from Lamb, Panorama Change, and Party Hat. I am a bit poor (rent just came through), so I tendered some medium responses, but never fear, I shall be sending more later in the month when money is more friendly! :-) Things have been incredibly stressful and the one saving grace has been receiving goon mail/love periodically! We're strangers, but I love you all SO MUCH you have NO IDEA! Thanks LAMB for being so awesome and starting this thread!

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.
Dear People I have been writing to/getting letters from,

I have not not been answering letters or cards in a timely manner, and for this I apologize. School has been slamming me super hard, and I'm doing my best. I'm working on it, I promise!

Yours,
Dushkani

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

I got your letter, lamb! I was going to write this back, but I am just excited- yesss! I love Carcass and Obituary and Deicide!
I just use extreme metal as an umbrella term for all underground metal. :D

I also liked the conversation starter cards. Those are neat.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I got a fun Easter envelope from lamb!! And I promptly hung up the awesome fanged rabbit on the fridge to scare our unsuspecting friends and family! Thanks, lamb! :buddy:

As a side note, apologies to everyone that's sent me letters in the past couple weeks... I've got a two day Neuro exam coming up this week, so I've been a little preoccupied studying for that. :( After that's done, letters galore are going out to you fine people!! I even got new stamps when I mailed in my tax information the other day... :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Yay! Lamb sent us a bunch of Ishtar goodies! Thanks for the fun! (Mrs. Genesplicer took a picture of me wearing the bunny teeth. I need to get it off her phone.)