Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which show has the most (current or future) jobbers wrestling on it?
This poll is closed.
WWE NXT 62 16.36%
WWE Superstars 75 19.79%
WWE Saturday Morning Slam - lmao this thread is old 24 6.33%
WWE Main Event 22 5.80%
Impact Wrestling 196 51.72%
Total: 379 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
I wish Bray actually sounded Cajun at all if they're going to start actually announcing him as being from Lafayette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Everything Bray does is loving incredible. The guy is all sorts of money.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The thing is, if they debut him in WWE and keep the gimmick, they really don't even have to film new promos. His debut segments still completely set the tone for his character:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqz-3B-Uzc8&t=16m08s (promo @ 16m, match @ 22m)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmtvjQ_LaDA

And that Mark Crozer song is perfect for him. :allears: I'll be sad if they can't keep using that due to licensing (FCW/NXT seems to use copyrighted entrance themes a lot). I could actually see Kane's character really buying into the Family. I mean, the dude wears a dead skin mask. What's he doing being goofy and hugging out his problems?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
via F4Wonline.com

quote:

WWE NXT wrestler Jake Carter, who has features similar to The Miz, also shares the same name as Miz's character in The Marine 3. No word yet if this will still happen but there was a plan last year to create a Jake Carter character in developmental that would eventually move up to the WWE main roster and feud with The Miz once the movie came out. Carter is the son of WWE Legend Vader.

:psyduck:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Could someone rehost the latest NXT episode? The link takes me straight to the dailymotion front page.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

rotinaj posted:

Could someone rehost the latest NXT episode? The link takes me straight to the dailymotion front page.

I should probably avoid Dailymotion - they take stuff down now and then. Here's a new link.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

March 16, 2013

GM announcement!!!
Ziggler vs. Bryan
Brodus & Tensai vs. Primo & Epico

Lots of fun on SMS this week! Daniel Bryan is just the best. Gif that shrug!

March 14, 2013

R-Truth vs. Michael McGillicutty
Zack Ryder vs. JTG (20 minutes in)

I think R-Truth may be my least favourite current midcarder. Thoughts?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MJBuddy posted:

She needs to find her legs on the mic, but then holy crap is she going to be over.

I like Paige's look a lot as its a great separation but from what I've seen of her matches I must admit I'm just not impressed. Maybe I'm missing something? I don't know...

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Holy poo poo, Tensai's sunset flip. That was sweet. Fun Bryan/Dolph match too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fart blood posted:

I like Paige's look a lot as its a great separation but from what I've seen of her matches I must admit I'm just not impressed. Maybe I'm missing something? I don't know...

I've only really seen her in the one episode and I was impressed by her personality and promo, but thought her match itself was pretty bad so I'm pretty much the opposite to MJBuddy I guess!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is Daniel Bryan getting the most TV time in the WWE? He seems to always be on Raw, Smackdown AND Saturday Morning Slam.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

rotinaj posted:

Is Daniel Bryan getting the most TV time in the WWE? He seems to always be on Raw, Smackdown AND Saturday Morning Slam.

Let me answer this for you in video format.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZUw-2DiKzk

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jefferoo posted:

Let me answer this for you in video format.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZUw-2DiKzk

Daniel Bryan is the best.

Edit: And I'm watching Slam, holy crap is Heath Slater bad at color commentary.

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 18, 2013

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Jerusalem posted:

I've only really seen her in the one episode and I was impressed by her personality and promo, but thought her match itself was pretty bad so I'm pretty much the opposite to MJBuddy I guess!

It's not the personality. The entire character is solid and works well. It's a way more likeable and attractive Chyna who can stick to the Diva division instead of diverting into "wow that chick is so manly I bet she can fight men!" garbage. She can easily go heel or face and I can believe both given the ring/character.

In the ring I think she's solid. She's a wrestler, not a model, and it shows. She's not lost, has a pretty large moveset, including some flips and poo poo that the crowd loves that she hasn't been using a ton in NXT, as well as two submissions that she held as strong finishers and two moves she's been using as match finishers - a cradle DDT which looks absolutely brutal and the Paige Turner which looks like crap but hits fast and has way less build than her possibly-too-technical-for-camera submission finish or the slow cradle DDT. I think an important facet which will determine if she can move up will be whether she can call her matches and control them well, since WWE is likely going to expand into adding a bunch of much less experienced Divas than her in the future.

On the mic, it might just not be connecting well, or it could just be that it's the weakest facet of her character, but it just comes off as lost.

But if they ever decide to book a diva as strong, rather than just wins-if-champion (else flip a coin), Paige would probably produce a decent series of matches as either a face or a heel.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

rotinaj posted:

He has to be in the running. I loved his "classy" hairdo on Slam too - that curl was fantastic.

fart blood posted:

I assume she's at least decent based on her pedigree, but there's only so much you can do when your opponent is any FCW diva.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

He has to be in the running. I loved his "classy" hairdo on Slam too - that curl was fantastic.

That's not Daniel Bryan, that's The Dazzler.

Also, I'm not sure how I'd feel if WWE decided to debut Generico as Le Fils De Rougeau.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

I Before E posted:

Also, I'm not sure how I'd feel if WWE decided to debut Generico as Le Fils De Rougeau.

Completely depends if he drunkenly sings his own theme song or not.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

March 20, 2013

Justin Gabriel vs Leo Kruger
Audrey Marie interview
William Regal and Kassius Ohno promo
Bayley vs Paige
Adrian Neville vs Luke Harper

Neville is god drat money.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Oh the next NXT taping is tonight so hopefully we'll get some good stuff for the coming weeks.
E: drat that Justin Gabriel vs Leo Kruger match was good. Also does sockshare have this show up yet?

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 21, 2013

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I've been slacking on NXT for a couple weeks; gotta get on that. I hope Kassius continues to be awesome and will someday get a better name.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Halloween Jack posted:

I've been slacking on NXT for a couple weeks; gotta get on that. I hope Kassius continues to be awesome and will someday get a better name.

Kassius Ohno is one of the best names in WWE. :colbert:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I thought it was a ridiculous name at first, but it's grown on me and it's honestly probably a better fit for him than Chris Hero at this point in his career.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Good NXT this week! I'm a bit miffed that the Raw recaps are finding their way back into the show, but I guess it is Wrestlemania season. A couple decent matches, nice development in Regal/AmbroseKassius, and good momentum for a six-man match in the next couple of weeks. Bayley seems decent enough - I'm not sure where she came from, but the more ladies who don't look lost in the ring, the better.

March 20, 2013

Truth vs. Barrett, Raw stuff
Raw stuff continues, Sheamus interview, Alicia & Aksana vs. Natalya & Layla
Raw, Raw, Raw, Usos vs. PTP XVII

Don't worry, Wade, I want nothing to do with the Miz either.

Weird pre-match promo from Alicia Fox.

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh the next NXT taping is tonight so hopefully we'll get some good stuff for the coming weeks.
E: drat that Justin Gabriel vs Leo Kruger match was good. Also does sockshare have this show up yet?

No Sockshare links this week for some reason. The inconsistency in uploads annoys me, but hey, I guess I can't complain too much about sweet ad-free wrestling.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Bayley seems decent enough - I'm not sure where she came from, but the more ladies who don't look lost in the ring, the better.

She worked a couple of Shimmer tapings (well and indies) before being signed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Err, the NXT tapings are happening and the commentary team is apparently Tony Dawson, Kassius Ohno and Brad Maddox.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

njsykora posted:

Err, the NXT tapings are happening and the commentary team is apparently Tony Dawson, Kassius Ohno and Brad Maddox.

Oh sweet jesus yes Braddox :swoon:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

So NXT has been live streaming tonight's show
http://www.livestream.com/fsnxt
No audio it seems except for themes and announcements.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 22, 2013

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

So NXT has been live streaming tonight's show
http://www.livestream.com/fsnxt
No audio it seems except for themes and announcements.

They do this for every taping but it's hit and miss whether you're actually going to see anything of consequence. The dark match for these tapings was Briley Pierce vs Rami Sebei incidentally.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

njsykora posted:

They do this for every taping but it's hit and miss whether you're actually going to see anything of consequence. The dark match for these tapings was Briley Pierce vs Rami Sebei incidentally.
Who won in that Dark Match?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Who won in that Dark Match?

My spoilers didn't say, but I'd assume Briley due to the law of whose been there longer winning dark matches.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

njsykora posted:

My spoilers didn't say, but I'd assume Briley due to the law of whose been there longer winning dark matches.

My source said Rebi won. He also wrestled under the name Sammy Sane.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

My source said Rebi won. He also wrestled under the name Sammy Sane.

Supposedly Bryon Saxton just botched pronouncing his real name.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Emma's gimmick is the best thing going in NXT right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_mcQZM0ipY

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
While I still think he has a ways to go in-ring, Leo Kruger has a couple of really nice moves. I really liked his elbow buster, or whatever you'd call that move where he drove Gabriel's elbow into his knee on this week's episode. Also, he's knocked off all the drat hair playing which makes me very happy.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Suben posted:

That didn't go quite where I expected. The fact that she was in the intro this week made me unreasonably happy, and after seeing the short doc about her training I'm glad she's finding some level of success, wacky though it may be.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

KungFu Grip posted:

Supposedly Bryon Saxton just botched pronouncing his real name.

sami zayne.

I have it on a pretty good source :)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

March 23, 2013

Khali vs. Primo & Epico
Foley interview
Miz vs. Sandow

BRAD MADDOX! BRAD MADDOX! BRAD MADDOX!

Truer words have sometimes been spoken.

March 21, 2013

Ryder vs. Cesaro
Brodus & Tensai vs. JTG & McGillicutty (18m30s in)

Pretty good midcard opener there. Nice moves by Cesaro, as usual.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Suben posted:

Glad to see the local girl making her mark.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Who is this joker?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps3YqtT7yyI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude