Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Could be..... I looked up some pics of Cairn Terriers. The fur & the ears look
right. Just seems like a strange combo especially for this area of
Thumbsuckville where hounds & beagles abound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cats
May 11, 2009

This hilarious-looking dog was posted in the paper as a "dog with Steve Buscemi eyes." Any idea what it is?

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Looks like a Shih Tzu x Poodle. Ugly fucker.

LOLbertsons
Apr 8, 2009

The foster said Tibetan Terrier mix, but I actually have no idea what Harriet is. She's got the terrier stubborn streak, and she is incredibly strong for her size (25 lbs.), but we don't have a clue really.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Ominous Balls posted:

The foster said Tibetan Terrier mix, but I actually have no idea what Harriet is. She's got the terrier stubborn streak, and she is incredibly strong for her size (25 lbs.), but we don't have a clue really.

I would guess Maltese x poodle. I dogsat one last year who looked almost identical.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

I would guess Maltese x poodle. I dogsat one last year who looked almost identical.

Maltese x poodles usually clock in at sub-10 lbs, and the face isn't delicate enough, for lack of a better term.

I actually kind of think cocker-poodle mix. The cut's not typical for that particular cross-breed (and I can't tell what her ear shape actually is), but the size is right and they're pretty common.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Engineer Lenk posted:

Maltese x poodles usually clock in at sub-10 lbs, and the face isn't delicate enough, for lack of a better term.

I actually kind of think cocker-poodle mix. The cut's not typical for that particular cross-breed (and I can't tell what her ear shape actually is), but the size is right and they're pretty common.

This it the dog I looked after, he was larger than I expected and would have been about 9-10kg (20lb).

Could be a cocker cross, if you google straight haired cocker x poodles they look pretty similar... I agree it's hard to tell with the haircut though, it could be any number of breeds under there.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.

brickswereshat posted:

This is a video of my mutt playing with a bowling ball. Considering she never really sits still enough to take a decent picture, you can see her in motion. I genuinely have no real idea of what she's made of, other than happy, cute and shed. Husky and Lab have been tossed about, but really, who knows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXcYJCPiais

Self-quoting because. My wife and I did some internet detectiving, and she stumbled across what could be the answer to the breed question for our Amber.

Basenji and Lab. Go ahead, GIS that, I'll wait...

Back? Cool. Between the breeds I see most of the personality characteristics Amber has. Anything she encounters is BEST THING EVER (lab), and ANY fast moving object is something that MUST BE CHASED, NO EXCEPTIONS! (basenji). Plus the bizarre growl-bark-yodels she does.

Regardless, I still think of her as a Derp-Hound.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

I don't often see Cocker x Poodles with a white coat. Mostly I see them with that light champagne colour. It makes me think that he's a different mix. All small white fluffy dogs kind of look the same to me, so I don't know what breeds to suggest.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Pianist On Strike posted:

This hilarious-looking dog was posted in the paper as a "dog with Steve Buscemi eyes." Any idea what it is?

Besides literally every dog in Korea?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Besides literally every dog in Korea?

Why does this dog's face look eerily human?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Engineer Lenk posted:

I'm going to throw in at cocker-poodle. Our family dog was a cocker-poodle mix and she looked like that, albeit black and terribly obese.

LOLbertsons
Apr 8, 2009

Mirthless posted:

I'm going to throw in at cocker-poodle. Our family dog was a cocker-poodle mix and she looked like that, albeit black and terribly obese.

Cocker x Poodle makes total sense. She definitely is a dead ringer for quite a few examples I've seen online.

And yes, she needs a haircut. :)

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

This it the dog I looked after, he was larger than I expected and would have been about 9-10kg (20lb).

Could be a cocker cross, if you google straight haired cocker x poodles they look pretty similar... I agree it's hard to tell with the haircut though, it could be any number of breeds under there.

Yeah, that dog also looks overweight at 20 lbs.

Do you see the difference in face I was talking about? Maltese mixes tend to have a shorter, smaller snout and more upright stop than cocker mixes.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

brickswereshat posted:

Self-quoting because. My wife and I did some internet detectiving, and she stumbled across what could be the answer to the breed question for our Amber.

Basenji and Lab. Go ahead, GIS that, I'll wait...

Back? Cool. Between the breeds I see most of the personality characteristics Amber has. Anything she encounters is BEST THING EVER (lab), and ANY fast moving object is something that MUST BE CHASED, NO EXCEPTIONS! (basenji). Plus the bizarre growl-bark-yodels she does.

Regardless, I still think of her as a Derp-Hound.

I dunno man, Basenjis are particularly rare, it'd be hard to find a BYB with them, and a cross like that would be equally hard to find. I personally see generic shepherd/lab, and that would also explain the vocalizations (shepherds make all kinds of weird noises) and the prey drive.

Purebred Derp-Hound, basically. American Yellow Dog.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Engineer Lenk posted:

Yeah, that dog also looks overweight at 20 lbs.

Do you see the difference in face I was talking about? Maltese mixes tend to have a shorter, smaller snout and more upright stop than cocker mixes.

Nah, he was just fluffy cos he got brushed every day. Pretty slim actually, you could count every rib and he had a beautiful tuck. I don't have any photos that show it though since floofy.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Captain Foxy posted:

I dunno man, Basenjis are particularly rare, it'd be hard to find a BYB with them, and a cross like that would be equally hard to find. I personally see generic shepherd/lab, and that would also explain the vocalizations (shepherds make all kinds of weird noises) and the prey drive.

Purebred Derp-Hound, basically. American Yellow Dog.

I thought lab/hound, but that'd explain it just the same V:shobon:V Hounds aren't exactly known for normal barking.

Wabznasm
Jul 19, 2006

Rof Rof

Captain Foxy posted:

I dunno man, Basenjis are particularly rare, it'd be hard to find a BYB with them

Internet people say a lot that they think Barky is half Basenji. I don't know where they think a little scruffy wandering JRT found a Basenji around here. They just see the colour and wrinkles and assume.

GISing Basenji JRT mix turns up a couple of spooky likenesses though.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

I always thought Barky Barks was a dead ringer for a MinPin/JRT mix I knew at daycare; forehead wrinkles and ball craziness combined. Plus the coloring (though that's generic) and those massive satellite ears.

But you're in the UK, and Basenjis are probably more common there than here. I could see that being a possibility. Does he yodel like hell?

Lamb of Gun
Apr 2, 2009

On the goodship lolli-gag, LSD and a bloody pile of rags, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, BUT I AM
Here is my dog Crowley. He's as mutty as a mutt can get, complete with floppy ears, an obnoxious tail that was broken at some point and dew claws.

He had been at the shelter for quite a while and the staff fell in love with him. He had undergone obedience training at some point, was house broken, fixed and listened very well. I can't understand why someone wouldn't have snatched him up. He had been there so long that he was days from being euthanized. They only asked for a donation of any amount to take him home so we gave them $50.

He's great with kids, playful, patient, and non-destructive. He's also 70 pounds of pure cry-baby.

As far as his breed goes, he's a Catahoula Leopard Dog with a bunch of other stuff mixed in. My guess is there's some lab in there.

Crowley1- by Jaskography, on Flickr

crowleyxmas (1 of 1) by Jaskography, on Flickr

EDIT: Not shown is my other dog Bones. She's a purebred Miniature Pinscher so she doesn't belong here. We also got her from the local shelter. She's a brat.

Wabznasm
Jul 19, 2006

Rof Rof

Captain Foxy posted:

I always thought Barky Barks was a dead ringer for a MinPin/JRT mix I knew at daycare; forehead wrinkles and ball craziness combined. Plus the coloring (though that's generic) and those massive satellite ears.

But you're in the UK, and Basenjis are probably more common there than here. I could see that being a possibility. Does he yodel like hell?

He makes a hell of a lot of weird noises, (http://youtu.be/_7tTQuVnK6s) but I think it's the talkative JRT in him, constantly yakking on when he's playing :3:

Minpin though... this is Christian "Embarrassing Bodies" Jessen's minpin:

and that's basically a scrawny Barky.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

Yup, now convinced that your dog's mother was a MinPin that someone bred with a hurricane.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
My friend found a stray doggy outside her house.

Any idea what he might be? She says shiba mix, I say husky mix. I think he's around 50 pounds. I keep telling her to name him Tater. He just looks like a Tater.

He's up for adoption if anyone in the central Texas/DFW area wants him.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I see husky in there too, what a beautiful dog! He's like a wolf made out of golden lab!

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I say husky mutt too, that ain't no drat shiba.

jflan17
May 28, 2003

Hi, I'm Green Lantern! No, not the black guy.. no, no bowl cut.. not the young guy.. Yeah, I'm that one! Hey, where are you going? IT WAS A SPAC
That is an amazing husky mutt.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
I thought shiba-husky at first, but I guess it's just shaved on the body? Super-cute anyway.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
That is a beautiful dog whatever it is..

I do see the Husky in there as well.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
That's a husky-dingo and none of you are going to convince me otherwise.

:colbert:

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So it has piercing eyes, a calm disposition and it can take people's babies in the night?

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.

Sorry for the top-down picture, but this dog looks like a black border collie/mix, right? She definitely has the border collie stare, she will stare at everything that moves and stalk it. Her owners think she is a Flat Coated Retriever. She's a rescue so she could be anything, but Flat Coated Retriever just sounds so unlikely!

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Have you heard of flat coated retrievers before? They remind me a lot of your dog.

e: reading posts is hard

I'm not seeing the collie but I definitely see retriever, maybe spaniel too?

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

Flat coats are an uncommon breed and that dog's head is pretty heavy to be one anyway; they've got a finer muzzle. Dog looks like a lab/border collie or a pit/border collie, pit/golden retriever, border collie/golden retriever, etc.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007
She looks like my boyfriend's dog's clone.

Who is definitely a border collie/black lab mix.

eta: GIS "black lab collie mix" and you'll get tons of dogs that are drat near identical. And all cute. :3:

Silly Hippie fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 22, 2013

Lady Charlemagne
Apr 23, 2008

GOD I'M TIRED
Posted in the puppy thread already, but any ideas on this mix? Mom is for sure a GSD, and someone in the puppy thread said her ears looked houndy. Lots of people have said she must have Rottweiler in her, not sure if I agree with that.

I am 100% okay with having a mystery mutt, just getting a bit curious. I get her next week so I'll have better pictures then!

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

Wanna see a cool mutt?

This is Mosaic. She's probably about 25 pounds. She kind of looks like a spaniel at first glance, but she has a long body, short stubby legs and merle patches. She's a shelter adoptee, and no one can really figure out what the heck she is. She's a killer high jumper - she can probably clear a good 5 feet straight up.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

a life less posted:

Wanna see a cool mutt?

This is Mosaic. She's probably about 25 pounds. She kind of looks like a spaniel at first glance, but she has a long body, short stubby legs and merle patches. She's a shelter adoptee, and no one can really figure out what the heck she is. She's a killer high jumper - she can probably clear a good 5 feet straight up.

Her face reminds me a lot of a lh dachshund I know. Maybe doxie/bc/small extreme white thing? She's super cool looking!

Lady Charlemagne posted:

Posted in the puppy thread already, but any ideas on this mix? Mom is for sure a GSD, and someone in the puppy thread said her ears looked houndy. Lots of people have said she must have Rottweiler in her, not sure if I agree with that.

I am 100% okay with having a mystery mutt, just getting a bit curious. I get her next week so I'll have better pictures then!

Given she's a mutt from the south I would put money on coonhound. People think anything with tan points must be either a rottweiler or a doberman so you'll hear it endlessly. It will be a lot easier to guess what she is once she's out of the blocky potato stage and starts looking like a real dog. She's super cute, I love eyebrow dogs :3:

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

a life less posted:

Wanna see a cool mutt?

I wanna say maybe she has some Sheltie in there?

Lady Charlemagne
Apr 23, 2008

GOD I'M TIRED

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Her face reminds me a lot of a lh dachshund I know. Maybe doxie/bc/small extreme white thing? She's super cool looking!

Given she's a mutt from the south I would put money on coonhound. People think anything with tan points must be either a rottweiler or a doberman so you'll hear it endlessly. It will be a lot easier to guess what she is once she's out of the blocky potato stage and starts looking like a real dog. She's super cute, I love eyebrow dogs :3:

Oh man, I love coonhounds. We foster some from a coonhound rescue at my work when the need arises, and they're such an awesome breed. Although you'd think that'd make my coworkers less likely to insist on the Rottweiler...

a life less, that is the coolest mutt. She is adorable. Love those little legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

My friend found a stray doggy outside her house.

Any idea what he might be? She says shiba mix, I say husky mix. I think he's around 50 pounds. I keep telling her to name him Tater. He just looks like a Tater.

He's up for adoption if anyone in the central Texas/DFW area wants him.

If I wasn't moving to a house which already had a dog, I would adopt him in a heartbeat. Beautiful doggie.